WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Dream "Visitations"

Old 11-30-2016, 10:42 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130
Default Dream "Visitations"

All atheists, please don't take this post personal. I'm not trying to rub any of you the wrong way or "convert" anybody since most of you are fully baked by now. I know this forum has believers as well as non-believers, and this post is aimed toward believers. But, just as well, I'm not even trying to inject my beliefs into what other believers may believe.

There are legitimate psychics and mediums who are capable of seeing or hearing spirits. Developing psychic abilities through concentration or meditation is a known fact in the metaphysical circle. However, there are those who through family blood have been born psychics or mediums. Whatever the case, either through development or by birth, many of these people have the ability to communicate with "the other side."

For most of us though, our communication with our deceased loved ones come through our dreams, which are much more than mere dreams. Neither time nor space can diminish human love. And just because our loved ones depart from us doesn't mean that they ever forget us (just as we the living never forget them).

Without our having psychic abilities, the easiest way a departed loved one reaches us is through our dreams. When we sleep, we remove the barrier of our conscious mind and thus spring open the doorway of our subconscious to allow our loved ones easy access to us.

Pay attention to your dreams, especially when you dream of deceased loved ones. There is always a reason they are visiting you. They just might be dropping in to wish you a happy birthday or a happy holiday. But do take these "visitations" seriously because they are a lot more than mere dreams.

If anyone has a loved one whom they would like to hear from, here is a simple method which is almost certain to bring a loved one into your dream. Before going to bed at night, stare for ten- to fifteen-minutes at a photograph of the loved one you intend to see. Afterwards, say a prayer and invite the person into your dream.

Remember, there isn't any barrier that prevents love from reaching us or from reaching our deceased loved ones--not time, not space, not transition.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:21 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 146

Slightly off topic, but have you ever dreamed of another life so many times and in such detail you wonder whether you are living somewhere else when you are asleep?
Old 12-01-2016, 05:29 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Slightly off topic, but have you ever dreamed of another life so many times and in such detail you wonder whether you are living somewhere else when you are asleep?
The dream world is fascinating. There is no "one-size-fits-all" set of rules for dreamers. Sometimes, we must be like detectives in order to analyze and to figure out the meanings of our dreams, since many of them contain messages from either our higher selves or from spirit sources.

"Symbols" in our waking state play an important role in extracting a meaning from our dreams. For instance, some of us may link money to the color green, and therefore when we dream about a lawn or wooded area we are really dreaming about finances.

In my case, whenever I am dreaming about driving a vehicle, the dream pertains to the direction in which my life is going. For instance, once many years ago, I was in an extremely rocky relationship. In the dream, I was driving a car in a tunnel and my vehicle kept bouncing off the walls of the tunnel (the "tunnel" symbolized my relationship and the "bouncing" signified the state of it). And, as soon as the car exited the tunnel, it shot straight up towards the stars.

At the time of the dream, I was puzzled by it. But, I was soon to recognize its meaning. The car exiting the tunnel meant "the end of the rocky relationship" and then when it soared straight towards the stars, the dream (or the source of it) was informing me that I would find true love. And this is exactly what had happened in the waking state: shortly after the relationship ended, I met the woman whom I married.

To answer your question, one would have to consider reincarnation and the eternal soul. Because if we are one soul sharing many life experiences, then it is possible that your soul is taking you back to a time in which you had strong connections. For instance, perhaps, it is searching for a love that you had in that particular era. I am no expert in the area of dream interpretation but there are so many possibilities. Probably, the person who would know best about the message of the dream is you.

But any recurrent dream would suggest strong ties to the content of the dream whether it be a house, a person, a time. A dream journal would help. Also trying to figure out what dream symbols mean in your waking state. Sometimes, the full meaning of a dream reveals itself in a series of dreams, not one. When it comes to analyzing one's dreams, there are so many rooms to explore.

Sometimes, your higher self may even toss you a bone. Consider this dream I had once. When I was younger, I gambled frequently. One night, I dreamed of many Italian flags, hanging everywhere--from windows, fire escapes, rooftops, poles, traffic signals, etc. When I woke up, I searched my dream looking for a number to play in the lottery. But no numbers--only Italian flags. Then, I noticed my world almanac sitting on my desk. I opened it to the center, the color section where all the flags of every nation appear to notice that the Italian flag was on page 470. I dressed, went downstairs, and played the number 470. Thanks to the dream and my legwork (thinking to look in the almanac), I won $2,500.

So much going on in the subconscious mind.

Note: There are also "out-of-body" journeys which occur during sleep and which are perceived to be mere dreams. But, they aren't dreams. They are trips taken by the spirit.

Hope this response doesn't create a stir. Tried to answer your question the best I could.

There are also precognitive dreams. These are easier to analyze because one sees the actual event happening without trying to piece together clues. It has been stated in dream interpretation books the creative individuals are less likely to have precognitive dreams. I don't know how anyone determines that fact, but that is what I read.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-01-2016 at 05:36 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:
flyingtart (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM
JP_Inkswell (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 217

I have been to the Akashic hall of Records in my dreams and accessed information about my previous lives on this earth. Tart, according to Edgar Cayce souls do occasionally split and live as two different people, so your question is not entirely without merit.
flyingtart (12-06-2016)
Old 12-06-2016, 04:15 PM
bluewpc (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXqAhAWzSU
Old 12-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 258

Here's an idea, considering this is a writing site -- take minute to set up your video and give people some incentive to click on your link...
Old 12-06-2016, 05:59 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 778

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Here's an idea, considering this is a writing site -- take minute to set up your video and give people some incentive to click on your link...

I click all links from reputable posters in hopes of finding something I didn't know. Like the stories I like, I prefer to be dropped into the middle without warning or explanation. BLAM! there it is.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:07 PM
bluewpc (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 29

@myers I don't know if that's a good idea to preface the video. On the one hand you don't want to contaminate it with your own view point, you could argue you could avoid that by simply being as objective as possible and theres that. On the other hand for me its important to restrict information from people. There are many people simply incapable of handling information and you don't want to give them ideas.

But lets defer to you. Here's my cents. This endless debate on whether or not there are gods or the supernatural or an afterlife is utterly irrelevant. The true question is whether or not there is meaning. Because gods can exist without meaning and meaning can exist without gods. The two have been erroneously conflated.

So the video, while not espousing this view, does provide an avenue by which to come to this realization as the ideas it puts forward are a secular lens through which to approach religion and the texts which found them.

Last edited by bluewpc; 12-06-2016 at 06:13 PM..
Old 12-06-2016, 06:18 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 778

Yes well, you need to post a link so I can find it wherever it is. The one here won't play for me.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:19 PM
bluewpc (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCXqAhAWzSU

that should work
Old 12-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 258

Originally Posted by bluewpc View Post
On the one hand you don't want to contaminate it with your own view point, you could argue you could avoid that by simply being as objective as possible and theres that.
Yes, there is that. And it would be especially useful if the video is an hour and 17 minutes long.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:57 AM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 258

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I click all links from reputable posters in hopes of finding something I didn't know. Like the stories I like, I prefer to be dropped into the middle without warning or explanation. BLAM! there it is.
Reputable posters at WB?
Old 12-07-2016, 07:04 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 623

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
All atheists, please don't take this post personal. I'm not trying to rub any of you the wrong way or "convert" anybody since most of you are fully baked by now. I know this forum has believers as well as non-believers, and this post is aimed toward believers. But, just as well, I'm not even trying to inject my beliefs into what other believers may believe.

There are legitimate psychics and mediums who are capable of seeing or hearing spirits. Developing psychic abilities through concentration or meditation is a known fact in the metaphysical circle. However, there are those who through family blood have been born psychics or mediums. Whatever the case, either through development or by birth, many of these people have the ability to communicate with "the other side."

For most of us though, our communication with our deceased loved ones come through our dreams, which are much more than mere dreams. Neither time nor space can diminish human love. And just because our loved ones depart from us doesn't mean that they ever forget us (just as we the living never forget them).

Without our having psychic abilities, the easiest way a departed loved one reaches us is through our dreams. When we sleep, we remove the barrier of our conscious mind and thus spring open the doorway of our subconscious to allow our loved ones easy access to us.

Pay attention to your dreams, especially when you dream of deceased loved ones. There is always a reason they are visiting you. They just might be dropping in to wish you a happy birthday or a happy holiday. But do take these "visitations" seriously because they are a lot more than mere dreams.

If anyone has a loved one whom they would like to hear from, here is a simple method which is almost certain to bring a loved one into your dream. Before going to bed at night, stare for ten- to fifteen-minutes at a photograph of the loved one you intend to see. Afterwards, say a prayer and invite the person into your dream.

Remember, there isn't any barrier that prevents love from reaching us or from reaching our deceased loved ones--not time, not space, not transition.
Did you know that there is a biblical injunction against "seeking familiar spirits"

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:20 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 146

Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
Did you know that there is a biblical injunction against "seeking familiar spirits"
Damn small print.

By the way, what's the difference btwn The Holy Ghost and a familiar spirit? In case I bump into one.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 623

Damn small print.

By the way, what's the difference btwn The Holy Ghost and a familiar spirit? In case I bump into one.
In reference to City Boy's OP I should probably clarify - or at least admit that the current definition is not exactly the one I was taught when I grew up.

Current - familiar spirit - could be a demon of other supernatural spirit that can be summoned to do a chore for you

When I was growing up, a familiar spirit encompassed "ghosts", and the summoning of dead family members via psychics or mediums.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:04 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 146

Seems a bit hard on dead relatives, especially as the Holy Ghost is much worse, going around getting teenage virgins pregnant and who knows all what else. But it has been a few years since he last did that, maybe he's reformed or been in jail at least.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:38 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

One of the Saints, Paul or Peter, cautioned about spirits that may pretend to be righteous but are diabolic. It is a risky business seeking those who are now in spirit. As a Catholic, I am allowed to pray to saints for intervention on my behalf. Since saints are in spirit, I cannot make any sense of not seeking someone who may help me or a family member. Jesus, Himself, has healed countless human beings who have sought His help. Why should we be forbidden to seek help from righteous spirits who want to assist us from the other side? It would be a mistake not to seek their assistance.

On the other hand, I understand some of the rules and regulations the religious institutions impose. However, I find no fault when a deceased loved one wants to contact his/her dear loved ones left behind. I will do the same when I take the journey, and I'm sure the majority of other believers will attempt to contact their loved ones too. Love cannot be separated by time or space or death. In fact, if we embraced "love" the way Jesus instructed us to, we wouldn't have to wait to take our final breath to enjoy paradise.

Flyinytart, I don't know whether you are serious about spirits or have just dropped by to clown around. But, returning to JP"s post about Edgar Cayce. EC was a trance medium. He was referred to as The Sleeping Prophet, and he worked with a lady who wrote everything he said while he was in a trance. The bulk of his readings concerned health and healing, but he did give other readings about Christianity and the supernatural. Now, concerning spirits or souls, a man named Robert Monroe began having OBEs in the late '50s and had published his experiences in a few books. I believe one book is titled "Out-of-Body Journeys." You could check him out on google. Since he himself experienced the other worlds, he might be a bit more informative than Edgar Cayce is.

Also, the Holy Spirit is what Jesus told His followers to expect after he left them.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-07-2016 at 09:42 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Seems a bit hard on dead relatives, especially as the Holy Ghost is much worse, going around getting teenage virgins pregnant and who knows all what else. But it has been a few years since he last did that, maybe he's reformed or been in jail at least.
I didn't see this post. But, you have answered my question with it.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:01 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 146

Flyinytart, I don't know whether you are serious about spirits or have just dropped by to clown around.
I do clown around, but only in a spirit of genuine enquiry, not disrespect. People get very possessive about their beliefs. That seriousness makes them close their minds and eyes to alternatives.

All we really have are our perceptions to make sense of this life. Staying open to those perceptions isn't easy as beliefs become a habit, or a haven to protect our fragile egos.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

This is a dumb thing to say. Do you realize how many people were violently put to death believing Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I mean, you have free will and can say anything you want. However, judging by your photo, you are past your teenage years.

It's not a matter of being possessive about beliefs. What you said is plain stupid.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

That seriousness makes them close their minds and eyes to alternatives.

A pretty gal from Wisconsin moved to the Big Apple and ended up waitressing in a bar/restaurant. I used to hang out there, and we became good friends. One night while we were having a drink at the bar she told me, "You know, whenever you walk into a room, you notice everything."

The closed eyes cannot be me, and neither can the closed mind. My motto is "seek and find" which translates into do your own legwork before you start believing others. Not matter how intelligent they pass off themselves to be. Otherwise, you'll only lead yourself into another Jonestown situation. And "that's-a-no-good," as Chico Marx would say.

You talk about not being disrespectful, but what you have written is. Who's the liar--your mouth or your hand?

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-07-2016 at 03:51 PM..
Old 12-07-2016, 10:15 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 146

I wasn't specifically referring to you, just people generally. I prefer a lighthearted approach to all subjects. There is really no point in getting aggressive about it, you are free to believe what you like. Why should a stranger's opinion upset you so much?

As for my avatar, that isn't me. Although I fail to see what age has to do with anything.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 623

One of the Saints, Paul or Peter, cautioned about spirits that may pretend to be righteous but are diabolic. It is a risky business seeking those who are now in spirit. As a Catholic, I am allowed to pray to saints for intervention on my behalf. Since saints are in spirit,...
Have you ever happened upon the story of King Saul visiting a witch?

Old 12-08-2016, 07:35 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 623

As for my avatar, that isn't me.
Funny, that. I'm amused when I use some people from the past as Avatars and people think that's an actual photo of me. (Bass Reeves, Coleman Younger, etc)

Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 146

Funny, that. I'm amused when I use some people from the past as Avatars and people think that's an actual photo of me. (Bass Reeves, Coleman Younger, etc)
You mean that wasn't you???

Now I'm disillusioned...
Old 12-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 623

You mean that wasn't you???

Now I'm disillusioned...
Bass or Coleman?

Bass Reeves: (the inspiration for the Lone Ranger)

Coleman Younger

Last edited by Mohican; 12-08-2016 at 08:25 AM..
Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Have you ever happened upon the story of King Saul visiting a witch?
King Saul too far away. I try to focus on the teachings of Jesus but sometimes that is even difficult. I view people with the ability to communicate with spirits as having the "gift." Why would spirit communication be harmful to anyone when a voice from the "beyond" had actually saved my life. I've had the pleasure of having deceased friends making their presence known to me while I was attending Sunday mass. Why would that be harmful? In life, just as they are in the afterlife, they are still my friends. On the subject of witches, do you know how many "gifted" people the church had condemned to death because they believed them to be witches. Plenty.

Even within the church, spirit communication is a divided topic just as healing the sick is. Jesus told His followers to go out to preach the Good News and to heal the sick. Do you see anybody healing the sick at Sunday masses? That's why I try to stay away from the rules of churches. Modern churches are run as businesses, for profit.

Wasn't Saul's God "the eye for an eye" God? Jesus taught God was all-merciful & all-loving. And just recently, a modern saint from the East named Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind."

What I mean by "communication" is contact with family, friends, or friendly individuals. I do understand there are dark forces lurking in the afterlife, just as they roam our world.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-08-2016 at 09:32 AM..
Old 12-08-2016, 09:50 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 623

Saul's God and Got the Father - aka Jesus's father are one and the same

And the injunction about seeking familiar spirits was never lifted.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:23 AM
flyingtart (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 146

Bass or Coleman?
Bass.

Don't you even look a bit like him?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 130

Saul's God and Got the Father - aka Jesus's father are one and the same

And the injunction about seeking familiar spirits was never lifted.
All I can tell you is that you are the boss. You set your own rules up for you and your family. You don't want to contact spirits, that's your own personal business. But, I know for fact-- spirit intervention has saved countless lives through warnings and by healing sick individuals. But, we all set up our own guideposts. And I'm not here to tell others what to do. But, I also wouldn't shun help--from this side or the other side.

But, an eye for an eye isn't what Jesus taught. He told His followers to turn the other cheek. Are you Jewish or Christian? If you are Christian, then, you follow the teachings of Christ. The Pharisees followed the same God as the One Jesus spoke about. But they distorted God for their own selfish needs. Christ even criticized the elders of the church, who also followed Saul's God. God is Love; love is God. One doesn't use or distort God because of one's love for money. Jesus saw right through the scam of the church elders who played the role of middlemen in order to profit off the people. That's why Jesus told His followers whenever they wanted to contact God in prayer, all they had to do was go into their own room and close the door behind them. Christ knew the elders were sucking the people dry playing the role as middlemen to get to God.

The golden rule taught by Jesus is the four-lettered word "Love." Aside from man's foolish rules, all that matters to Christ and to God is that we love God and love our brothers and sisters as we would want them to love us. Granted, it's not an easy rule to follow--but if you want to know God, you first have to know love. Again, not a simple task since the majority of us are self-centered or selfish or both. But, God is love. And love is God. Do that and you won't have any problems with God whether you agree or not about spirit communication.

How loving is God? God will see that all of us who are not evil or wicked will get to the right place afterwards whether we believe He exists or not. God is so merciful and loving that we cannot even grasp His love for every one of us. He won't punish us for spirit communication or even calling each other pricks, which we shouldn't do in the first place,

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-08-2016 at 10:50 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table