WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

In the south, we say "Hey, y'all!"

Old 12-06-2016, 03:39 PM
KTB (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Icon7 In the south, we say "Hey, y'all!"

Hi!

I'm Kim. I'm writing to you from one of the southern states in the USA. If we were to speak, y'all'd tell me I have a funny accent. And y'all'd be right. Now, for a wee background on me, if you'd like to know:

As a day job, I'm an accountant - but don't stop reading, please! I promise, my Pocket Protector has been secured for the night. I've been writing short stories since I was a teenager and have always been an avid reader. I prefer fiction of most sorts, and occasionally some sci-fi. In school, my favorite subject was always Literature. I adored devouring books and then writing papers on them or discussing them.

So, why did I become an accountant?

I've no idea. Honestly. <scratches head & shrugs> But it's probably because I took an accounting class my senior year of high school...you know...for fun. <--This girl is such a nerd!?!> I liked that there was a bit of a 'puzzle' to accounting, making all those numbers balance with the debits and the credits.

After graduating high school, which was a long time ago now, my parents sat me down and point blank said they refused to support me for the rest of my life! Can you believe?! So off I went, in pursuit of several accounting degrees, thinking, 'Everybody needs money, and accountants know about money. It should be a secure career.' What can I say but...wait for it...wait for it...There was safety in the numbers!<ba-dum-dum>

As an accountant, I've worked for a software company, at a national cable TV and internet company, at a home health care company, and now I have my own accounting practice. I_am_so_tired of accounting! During 2015's tax season, to keep from losing my ever-loving mind, I wrote my first novel. Lemme just say, it is a whopper. If I had a nickel for every page I've written, I would have a lot of nickels. A lot. But since then, I've completed my second novel (I'm writing a series.), and now I'm trying to figure out what to do about all these books I've written. Of course, I'm still editing and proofing them for now, but I am very close to the point I'd rather eat dirt than read through them again.

Enter you lovely folks.

I hope to find some fellow writers here, including some who have gone on to publish. I need to know all your secrets!

To finish up about me, <about time, I know> when I'm not being all accountant-y or writing, my husband and I enjoy hiking and traveling. When we're at home, we hang out with our two spoiled dogs, and we both enjoy working in our garden. It's a good life. I have no complaints. I consider myself quite fortunate that my sweet husband has put up with me for the last 20 years.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to getting to know you and chatting with you!

Best regards,

Kim

Old 12-06-2016, 04:17 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

Welcome y'all... or just you Kim. Sorry you're an accountant. I'm a plumber, so we can both be sorry for each other.😀
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
KTB (12-06-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 641

We say Grace
And We say Maam
And if you aint into that we don't give a damn...

Welcome, Kim!

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Pygasus (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Welcome Kim! I'm very new here, too. My first novel was published at Martin Sisters Publishing, they are based in the Nashville, TN area so I thought you may have heard of them. I worked as an editor at MSP and now have formed my own online company, Fatdogbooks.com. We are actively seeking manuscripts. Check out our website and send something in! Good luck, Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to Pygasus For This Useful Post:
KTB (12-16-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Hey, Kim.

And I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

Hard to know if it is the South in America or the North of South America.
KTB (12-16-2016)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions