Board Games Get it? "Board" games.

Add To The Story!

Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Geo44r32 (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 0
Add To The Story!

This game is simple, each of us add to the story, but the limit is three sentences per post, and must be a complete sentence in each post too. You also must read the post before to actually add to the story. Iíll begin.

Catherine lay on the bed looking through some old photo albums, remembering all her childhood memories.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:52 AM
gary_wagner

A faded Polaroid, creased and tattered, caught her attention. She looked beyond the hairstyle she always regretted, the braces on her teeth she tried to hide in most photographs, and studied the face of the younger girl holding her hand.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:06 AM
riverstone (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via MSN to riverstone

She hadn't seen Akane since that day, seven years ago. Sometimes, it seemed Akane was no longer real, never had been. It was as if Akane was simply a figment of Catherine's imagination, an imaginary friend from childhood, until Catherine came across a photo like this, proof Akane was no fiction.
If I did not tell you all the changes you might consider, I would be doing you a disservice, treating you with less than the full respect you deserve. This much I have learned from my years teaching and mentoring writers.

Riverstones let the water flow around them.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
gary_wagner

On the surface, Akane was everything Catherine wanted to be, blonde, beautiful, graceful, and from a family who had the wealth to give her just about every material desire she could ever have. Catherine was the only person that knew what actually lay below that porcelain doll surface.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Haragorn (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 0

Yes, Akane wasn't really a human. She had only trusted Catherine with this secret, along with her race's plans for global destruction. She glanced at the calendar on the wall, and the red picture of Earth marking the date of the end of the world, occupying the square for tomorrow's date.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:14 PM
riverstone (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via MSN to riverstone

For what Akane and her race fed upon was the magma at the planetary core. Soon, their ships would extend the long shantebinium tubes into the earth's volcanic vents to mine the hot, viscous fluid - the shantebinium had been specially developed to withstand the incredible heat. As they fed, sucking the earth dry, they would begin the new life cycle of their race.
If I did not tell you all the changes you might consider, I would be doing you a disservice, treating you with less than the full respect you deserve. This much I have learned from my years teaching and mentoring writers.

Riverstones let the water flow around them.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games