WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

How's everyone's love life going?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Dan_Javen (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default How's everyone's love life going?

I recently got, and then lost, some girls number. Luckily, I got someone else's number from my school.

Also one of my female friends, who's acting very strange lately, is pissed at me. I think its because I said she wasn't hot.

How's everyone else's going? Good, bad? Nonexistent?

Old 05-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Cordatus (Offline)
Viscount of Vainglorious Deeds
Official Member

Thanks 19

Nonexistent, I believe. I'm honestly too busy with school and work and other million things to have a love life. Or maybe I'm convincing myself that I'm busy.

Anyway I'm going for nonexistent. Maybe I'll go for 'good' after a few months. Hmph.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 AM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Mine is in a lull. Or a trough. Or a slight dip.

Okay, it's a bottomless pit right now. But the flesh is willing, even if the spirit is occasionally lacking.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Jaz (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Originally Posted by Dan_Javen View Post
Also one of my female friends, who's acting very strange lately, is pissed at me.
Ride out that red tide, mate!

I'm on the rebound here. A horrible break up and now I'm back on the market for something new to regret. I've got an atrocious taste in women, yet I still entertain myself. I'm some kind of wicked, hedonistic masochist. Haha.

In any case, I'm eyeing a couple chicks right now; one is my ex-girlfriend's best friend (we're talking about a different ex-girlfriend right now, not the horribly disastrous one I mentioned above), and the other's a friend of a friend. Unfortunately (but characteristically), I'm more attracted to the former.

Let's see how I can screw it up this time!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Phenomenal TJ (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Thanks 0

Yay, I get to be the first happy story haha. There's a first for me.

I'm happily engaged to the girl of my dreams, Sara.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:48 PM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

Dead. Even when I'm not too busy, it's dead.

Tip for any guy consoling an eternally single girl, DON'T tell her you don't understand why she's single, or that she'll find someone. It's patronising and just makes us hate you along with the rest of the planet. Believe me.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:22 PM
darthwader (Offline)
Unintentionally Awesome
Loyal Member

Location: You know that country, Australia? Well I'm from the south.
Thanks 0

Originally Posted by kal View Post
Dead. Even when I'm not too busy, it's dead.

Tip for any guy consoling an eternally single girl, DON'T tell her you don't understand why she's single, or that she'll find someone. It's patronising and just makes us hate you along with the rest of the planet. Believe me.
That works the other way around too, Kal.

When my female friends give me the "You're such a great guy, you'll find someone" speech, it's like "Owwwwwwww!"

Still, they insist that they wanna be my pimps, so that's something.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:02 AM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
I'm on the rebound here. A horrible break up and now I'm back on the market for something new to regret.
When I used to meet a new woman who looked good, I immediately began to think of her as my future ex-girlfriend. Couldn't help it. Been there too many times.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Jaz (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Tip for any guy consoling an eternally single girl, DON'T tell her you don't understand why she's single, or that she'll find someone.
I don't understand why you're single, and of course you'll find someone. Hurhur.

But more importantly... I missed you Kal!! Where've you been my entire life?! Gawsh!

In any case, got the go ahead from the ex-girlfriend to work my swag on her bff. I'm kind of stoked, and at the same time a bit demoralized. I didn't exactly get the largest vote of confidence in my abilities. But, whatever she or anyone says, a shot's a shot, and I'll be damned if I'm going to just let the opportunity pass. No more days of this Jaz saying, "Oh, bollocks. I should have talked to ______"
Old 05-09-2008, 10:38 AM
winterstorm (Offline)
Fist of Fury

Thanks 62

I don't have a love life, so life is going great.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Jaz (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Yes, more updates for you extra nosy folk:
So, I get a text from my friend (the one I've been referring to as ex, but we're really actually friends now), telling me how her friend is fiending some other guy something nasty.

Then we have me.

Hm, let's see. Maybe it's this mild fever I'm running that's just demoralizing me, but I hate competition in this instance, especially if she's not even gonna look at me. Oh well, what can I say? I hate being right.

All I know, is I'll kick myself just as badly for not even giving it a shot. Bad enough to regret not getting what I want, but even worse for not even trying. So let's ride this out until I realize its not working in my favor. I'm going to clock myself to my next mistake, stay tuned!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by winterstorm View Post
I don't have a love life, so life is going great.
You're too young to feel happy about not having a love life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:28 AM
kal (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 33

I have a great love life in my novel. He's a little messed up, I'm a little messed up but we work. Now to find that man in the real world I've been hearing so much about. After I've got a job, a loan, applied for my masters, laucnhed my magazine, sold out of my copies, ordered more, got another part time job to cover me to a real one, or my masters left my current part time job and got another one to go with the other one I just got.

Think I can find a perfect guy who'll fit in around all that? He best be pretty damn slim.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Jaz (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Think I can find a perfect guy who'll fit in around all that? He best be pretty damn slim.
Right here, obviously. My floor's still nice and clean, waiting for you to come state side!

Also, I think I'm giving up on my endeavor to make anything happen with this girl (though I'm still enamored by her smile...) but it's just going to get too complicated, and I'm actually stopping myself this time. She's a cool chick, not going to be good for much beyond good friends though. (Well, she would be, just not in my case, hurhur.)

So now, my love life is back on the rocks. Back to the hunt. Unsure I want to pursue the second girl I mentioned in my first post here. Ugh, I hate being lost. Or maybe its just this damn sickness that's wrecking my perceptions!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:33 AM
winterstorm (Offline)
Fist of Fury

Thanks 62

Originally Posted by starrwriter View Post
You're too young to feel happy about not having a love life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
I've seen enough bad relationships and marriages to be turned off. Just about all of the friends I've ever had have been guys, and they've proven to me that they're absolutely insane and have no idea of what they want. I like being around them though, they give me a good laugh.
All I need from a guy is hugs and friendly kisses. I'm not a fan of excess or attention.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:06 PM
montana a-10 (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

My gf broke up with me on Friday o well that’s life so who’s next on the list LOL
Old 05-13-2008, 03:05 PM
starrwriter (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 4

Originally Posted by winterstorm View Post
All I need from a guy is hugs and friendly kisses. I'm not a fan of excess or attention.
I predict all that will change when you meet Mr. Right.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
flashgordon (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 3

Depends on who you ask. From my perspective, life is going great. According to others, I have yet to make a substantial contribution to society.

Publisher:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Editor:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Editor:
Old 05-15-2008, 03:16 PM
alia43 (Offline)
Eloquent Troll
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via AIM to alia43 Send a message via MSN to alia43

I don't understand how you can love someone so much and still feel like bashing their head against the wall sometimes..
(sorry for being brutal)
Old 05-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Phenomenal TJ (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Thanks 0

Because love's not perfect. Love doesn't mean you won't fight, and it doesn't mean you're going to necessarily like the person all the time, it just means that you're going to get through it eventually.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Adrian Night (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

As of now, nonexistent. There's a special lady I've been talking to though, and there's very little skepticism in my attempts to get together with her. She has to be the first do-good girl I've ever found myself attracted to, but I've always found love to be rather irrational.

Last edited by Adrian Night; 05-15-2008 at 06:28 PM..
Old 05-17-2008, 05:22 AM
Pepper (Offline)
I Am My Own Master

Thanks 4

Lousy. Lost mine when I broke my ankle a couple weeks ago. Apparently it's only fashionable to talk with a gimp, not to hang with him, let alone hook up. Honestly it's really shown who my real friends are.

It sucked though, really. I couldn't go to prom as I'd just had surgery.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:36 AM
Adrian Night (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Lousy. Lost mine when I broke my ankle a couple weeks ago. Apparently it's only fashionable to talk with a gimp, not to hang with him, let alone hook up. Honestly it's really shown who my real friends are.

It sucked though, really. I couldn't go to prom as I'd just had surgery.
Hold on. You got got broke up with because you broke your ankle?!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Pepper (Offline)
I Am My Own Master

Thanks 4

No. I wasn't in a relationship. But at parties it's impossible to even get a girl to think about hooking up with you when you've got an enormous cast.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:50 PM
maylet (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 4
Send a message via MSN to maylet

Dead, for the moment I prefer to be alone, so it doesn't bother me

Old 05-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Nemesis (Offline)
That Beautiful Insanity

Thanks 87

I am hopelessly in love with the man of my dreams...
Old 05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
kuklamoo (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Actually rather good for the first time in a long while ...

So yes, i am happy.

Maybe it's not about being the best, maybe it's about finding the little things that get you through the day. - J.D. - scrubs

Old 05-26-2008, 03:37 PM
JRFleshmen (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

My life is good. Thanks for asking.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Helix (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

I was in a long distance relationship for a few months with a girl I have known for 6-7 years and dated before and have been best friends with at times.

She called it off as apparently the distance was too much for her.

I was sure she was the one too and I doubt I'll ever get over her considering she's been such an important figure in my life. I basically grew up with her.

We still talk and are platonic friends though we didn't talk for a few months afterwards.

Lately though a friend has pretty much forced me into a new relationship with a girl I hardly know and don't really have an interest in either. I feel bad because I have such mixed emotions. It feels so forced and wrong but at the same time I want to see where it goes because it might help me get over my lost love.

At this point I would feel like a complete asshole if I called it off anyway. But I never really asked for this relationship either.

I guess I just feel bad for her because I know I can't be as emotionally involved with anyone after my recent breakup. I'm not very big on this dating thing either. It was never my scene growing up and I still think it's ridiculous so I feel even more awkward and out of place around her. The worst part though is I don't feel like I can be myself around her and we're in a relationship when we don't know anything about eachother. It's just asking for trouble - but I'm curious at the same time.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Nemesis (Offline)
That Beautiful Insanity

Thanks 87
Icon11 2 - 1 does not = 0

What I mean is, don't jump into a relationship until you're ready Helix. If you want to grieve for your love lost then you go ahead and be sad. There is nothing wrong with taking time to heal. You will be doing yourself and your future partners a favor.

Secondly, if you can't be yourself then what's the point? We should feel free around our loved ones, be comfortable around them. If you want to be in this relationship because you're curious then that's okay too, just make sure that you're honest with yourself and with the other person involved.

I've been in a long distance (1700 miles and another country) relationship almost 6 months now, and I don't regret it for a moment. I can do the lonely nights because I know that there is no one else on this earth that I would rather be with. I'm happy with my life and comfortable in my skin, and I don't need constant approval from a significant other to validate my life. We'll figure out where to make our home in time, and we'll do it together.

So take time to heal if that's what you want to do. Take time to explore new things, if that's what you want to do. Find yourself, be honest with yourself, and everything else will fall into place.

Sorry for the ramble. Have a SUPER DAY!!!

Last edited by Nemesis; 05-28-2008 at 05:05 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe