WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Love after Life

Old 05-15-2009, 05:06 AM
lifeislove (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Love after Life

Life, so impossibly difficult, so unbelievably deep and dimensional. One thing we all strive for in life, the one thing we all hope to one day have, love. Is Love real though? Can true love be found for all, and when found how can we be sure its real? Life no one can explain why we have life, or why life is taken away from us. We all know that one day life will inevitably be taken from us. Until that day, the one thing to give life some meaning is love.
Along the way to the end of life, we all look for love, hoping its the reason we are here. Love the one thing that can never be taken away, even when life deserts us love remains, and is carried in the soul. We pray and wish that we do not die alone. Physically we will die alone, but mentally and emotionally that someone we love and share that love with, will remain with us and in our soul for eternity, as life draws to a close, love is carried always.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Paco (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 150

Don't take this as an insult. I think your handle, lifeislove, says as much as your short essay. Maybe even more.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 871

All I ever wanted in life was boobs and beer...
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Paco (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 150

Originally Posted by Gaines View Post
All I ever wanted in life was boobs and beer...
And you think that makes you unique?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 871

And here I was thinking I was alone in the universe. Shit!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 722

Ugh. . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Paco (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 150

Come on, Firefly. You can get it out.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 871

Ugh. What's that supposed to mean? We all have our priorities in life. I am not about to lower my standards simply because someone does not agree with them. This is America, remember. Freedom of choice, freedom of ales and all that jazz.

Our forefathers shed blood to keep those freedoms alive. I will not be dissuaded by your, "ugh." I am not alone in my dream. No, not by a longshot. Many a red blooded American male shares that same passion, that same quest for the double D grail, or C and if necessary even the B.

Hah, I say to your Ugh.

Be right back. Have to get another six pack.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 722

I'm just not one to promote the kind of blantant bigotry that you are. Have you not noticed that micromastia is becoming an epidemic? How offensive is it to single them out as undesirable? It pushes these women to such extremes as plastic surgery--which then leads to back pain, from not taking the new chestial weight into consideration. Why would you want to do that to women, Gaines?

And as for beer. . . well, beer is the devil's drink. There's a reason that when it's warm and flat it looks and tastes like urine. Because it's evil. That's why. You remember that next time you forget the six pack on the back porch in the summertime. You will rue the day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 871

Medical science continuously advances better and safer enchancement techniques as warranted by the public. Chestial enhancements now can be done with the addition of a small air pump insertion nozzle that allows the recepient to inflate and deflate size according to likes. I find this as a perfect solution to the weighty issues of non-adjustable gozangas.

On the issue of micromastia I believe I allowed for several selections giving equal consideration to each. I am an ardent admirer of both the French theory; that which does not fit in a champagne glass is wasted anyhow, and the American theory of, bigger gots to be better.

As for beer being the devils drink I would not have pegged you as the temperence movement type which is clearly an indication that you need to have a drink and lighten up!

FYI beer at my house is never, and I mean never, left outside in the hot sun. I have personally installed a refrigerator in my garage that I keep at the perfect temperature to promote the finest taste in barley and hops. Knowing that beer left in light can ruin its taste I went so far as to install the lowest wattage non- glare refrigerator bulb on the market. You're not dealing with a novice here!
Old 05-16-2009, 08:21 AM
urntme (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 61

Dude... that's insane!!

- -!
~

Now! I've heard everything...

"Honey, its a bit too small, did you forget to fill air in it?"
"Yeah...Hold on... I'll run up to the cycle shop and fill it up..."
"Ah... cool... okay..."

Good grief... what will they think of next?

Last edited by urntme; 05-16-2009 at 08:25 AM..
Old 05-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Gaines (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 871

Hey sugar, what's that tattoo say?

Do not inflate above 35 psi.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:00 PM
lifeislove (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

thanks very much guys for using this as a place to have your own discussions dont worry about giving me any feed back dont worry yourselves atall !
Old 05-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Your questions are tough, even for a genius or an Avatar to answer. You might say that different individuals will give you different answers. For example, a spiritual person who believes in life after death will tell you that love transcends time and space, that love is impossible to contain. You won't get that response from an atheist who'll tell you that love is a beautiful thing and you should enjoy it while you're still alive.

So loveislife, what I think I'm trying to say is that you yourself have all the answers you seek tucked away in your own beliefs, in your own mind. And if you put a question to yourself and give yourself some time, you'll receive the correct answer. Whenever it comes to sensitive issues, just question yourself and remain patient while expecting the answer to come. Sure enough, the answer you seek will pop into your thoughts just as a slice of bread, when ready, pops out of a toaster.

Don't seek answers to sensitive questions from strangers. That, my dear, is an expressway to trouble.

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-16-2009 at 03:21 PM..
Old 05-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 722

Sorry, loveislife! This kind of hijacking happens a good deal. In my defense, Gaines and Paco started it!

Is Love real though?
In my opinion love is real. It is an emotion that people feel--which how can anyone say that it doesn't exist? It's like saying anger isn't real.

Can true love be found for all, and when found how can we be sure its real?
True love cannot be found for all. Some people just don't realize they have it when they do, accept when they know it, or look in the right place. It would be like asking someone to find a pen hidden in a plethora of pens. No description of what it looks like in the sea of writing devices--so the person has to guess by their "gut" feelings. When they decide on the pen of their choice, who is to say that it was the best pen there for them? They'll stick with that pen until the ink runs out or they lose it--and maybe go back to get a new one or decide that their life is fine without one.

That was kind of jibberish-y but go with it.

There are three things that people pine for in life. A nice house, a great job, and their dream partner. If either of them is missing, they tend to feel as though their lives are "incomplete." But if you think about it, there is so much more to life than those three things. It's all about what you take from it, and what you can do with those lemons There's more to life than love.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
There's more to life than love.

Without love life becomes a mere existence.

Even a dog licking one's fingers has ties to love. Everything kind and compassionate does too. How dark and deserted and meaningless a world would be without love; don't you think?

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-16-2009 at 05:10 PM..
Old 05-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 871

Sure, blame it on the guys, and you girls wonder why true love is so damn hard to find.

Sorry about the thread hijacking I honestly thought your opener was a statement that needed no response. But since I'm here;

I guess for me true love is like that pair of sneakers you just can't throw away. The damn things just feel so comfortable you can't bear to part with them. They fit and that's all that matters.

Love. Ugh.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

If love governed the world, we'd have only two choices: be reprogrammed or be scrapped.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Paco (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 150

Okay. For writers, especially poets, I think, (I sprinkle commas like pepper) love has an individual meaning. To each his/her own. Seems I read that somewhere. Most people speak of love as though it means the same to everyone and defined in some mysteriously known form. We all live separate lives and those nuances of differences cannot be experienced by anyone else. Who said, "My love is like a red, red rose?" Perhaps 'love' is a law of nature like gravity, yada yada, but as yet I don't think it has been nailed down.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 722

Without love life becomes a mere existence.
I guess it's hard for me not to take it for granted because I've been surrounded by love my whole life. Even when one love goes away, I still have my family and friends there for me. It's one of those things that you don't realize you need until it's breaking, broken, or gone.

I was taking the "love," though, as meaning a relationship with a partner. You know, love in the romantic sense. And whereas I've been lucky in that department, I'd still like to think that life could still have some fulfillment without it.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
urntme (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 61

The way I see it, love can be explained by another word, understanding.

If you understand someone, you love them. It's as simple as that.

No matter what a human does, in the end, we all like to be understood and liked by the people around us. Our presence must make a positive difference to their lives.

And when we truly understand someone, and I mean truly understand their intentions and emotions, we love the person.

The more we understand them and the more they understand us, the more "love" there is.

That's the best way I can explain it.

In scientific terms though, love is just an abstract concept that the Human brain conjures up to feel more secure about itself. If there are more people who "care" for it, the more secure it feels.

But... I don't like the scientific explanation. I would go for the more Humane concept... we are all Human after all...
Old 05-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

urntime writes:

And when we truly understand someone, and I mean truly understand their intentions and emotions, we love the person.

Saint Francis' prayer:

Let me try to understand others, and not be understood. (Not exact wording but close enough)

Like everyone else, the scientific community has its problems understanding love (if it didn't would it still be investing time and money building devices that can destroy cities with the press of a button?)

Fortunately we are capable of producing "sparks of love." Even those small sparks (the birth of a newborn, the saving of another's life--even a smile to a stranger) are enough to sustain generation after generation.

All You Need Is Love-- The Beatles

(Or: Do You Believe in Love after Love? --Cher)

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-17-2009 at 12:42 PM..

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction