WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Politics

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I originally jacked this thread because it was obvious click-bait with no redeeming value intellectually.
It's about fishing for approval using a topic that just about everyone can agree with, at least on the surface.

Of course, the standard Native American reference is the icing on the cake!

Last edited by Myers; 12-22-2017 at 10:05 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (12-23-2017)
Old 12-22-2017, 08:25 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 985

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
It's about fishing for approval using a topic that just about every can agree with, at least on the surface.

Of course, the standard Native American reference is the icing on the cake!

Yep. And if it were just attention seeking Iíd feel sorry for CB and probably lay off. But itís also the intentional, irrational, disruption. The admitted bending of reality that is designed to destabilize a platform.

I have compassion for people who are honestly trying. Iím not going to smash someone who is making an honest effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (12-23-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 10:54 AM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 985

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...ok, if that was so, then why is this thread the way you see it here, ..." replied the goblin, adding "...no, as dim as you may seem Myers I hope you're trying to say that you two were somehow helping cityboy to write there, that blowjobs helps one to clear one's mind to write, though perhaps in the case of two nameless dickheads that might actually be true now, however, we're losing members by this trolling, time for a little rethink of our priorities perhaps...", in fact, the goblin was the exact opposite in outlook to what brianpatrick had related before, in that he knew he too could say anything, but he didn't though, because he also understood that those readers would rightly turn away for better pastures elsewhere, thus he had to compromise partly to those readers if he was ever going to get them to see things his way eventually, smiling "...a troll has no readership, why, because he can't compromise anything so he just loses everything by that lack of compromise therein, simply readers pay me with their time while I get to relate that which amuses me mostly..." where compromise was never a total surrender to their expectations now, no instead it was more like a compromise towards one's longterm goal here)

I really think this is an old way of thinking. I am a public person with a public business that has his real life information everywhere. I have nothing to hide in that respect. I give my phone number out to hundreds of people each month. I suppose some asshole could spam me with phone calls, but that would be a minor nuisance which could be quickly resolved.

Iím not posting a credit card number or social security number (although those arenít beyond the reach of any random hacker who wants it, Iím sure).

I simply invited anyone to call or text me if they want. Iím not a troll (although I do sometimes troll particular threads). Iím not hiding behind my screen name. I am invested in some friendships here and would enjoy continuing any of them in any other format available.

This thread is the way you see it now because it was disingenuous to start with. Iím sorry if you canít see that.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:17 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,875

("...just I'm weary of those I encounter online I suppose, those stories of internet bullying, identity theft, or worse even, are both real and probably far more common than anyone gives credence to..." replied the goblin preferring to keep it anonymous now, adding "...well brian, you could be exactly who you say you are, but then again you could be a raving psychopath out to chop up his next victim, so rather than risking the latter, I prefer to keep my mask on, telling everyone to keep their masks on too, simply I accept that you are who you say you are, even if your brother reading this post is the head of the mafia, then again, you might be harmless, but then someone else picking up on my PI, whom neither of us know in fact, might choose to attack me merely because they don't like green skins nor pointed ears, btw is it true that you told someone called Tim to say that he was you if anyone phones, just your way of remaining anonymous I guess...", for such was the realm of fiction then, where it was only ever believable to those who cared to believe in it, smiling "...just to put this into context here, I'm addressing a sane human being I imagine, which kind of makes me sane by it, whereas you are addressing a goblin here, which kind of makes you, well not I suppose...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-23-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Old 12-23-2017, 12:58 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 985

Iím assuming there is a human under the goblin costume and donít see any harm in playing along.

And if I am looking to chop off some heads, youíd be pretty safe in Switzerland.

The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (12-25-2017)
Old 12-25-2017, 08:24 PM
Prodigalson (Online)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 386

I'll usually cop to "Dickhead" as long as it's capitalized and preceded by "Fucking."

I'm picky that way.

But Grace -- are we losing Grace? That'd be a shame, but someone doesn't need to leave the whole house the party is in, just because the boys are snorting coke in the upstairs bathroom.

And flea, most of the people who have been around any amount of time lost patience with CB long ago (the "Cityboy" moniker comes from my reaction to him calling me a snitch, oh so long ago, when I and he were completely different people.)
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (12-25-2017)
Old 12-25-2017, 09:23 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,875

("...apologies, I overreacted to the situation, where there's a difference between "leaving off" and "leaving for good", suffice to say Grace is leaving off at this point though whether the former becomes the latter is her decision..." went the goblin who while here was not his external, saying "...once online one is a persona like everyone else is, in other words one is a mask of an alter ego behind it, where I do like to give my alter ego full sway instead of portraying myself as my externals each time, for I'm not what I have, nor how I look, nor how much money I have in the bank, nor my age, nor my gender, for all that is quite unprovable as my external isn't it, but then again I can't leave it as the blanc "says the one who is writing this" because readers from experience hate that blanc there, then again I could write the truth, which is "says the alter ego" here, but I don't think that truth would be as readily accepted as the personification of my persona as a goblin would be, simply that's how I seem to be here and that's how my mind seems to react to the slot, where this feeding the slot turns me into this goblin personification of my persona...", to which the slot just ventured "...goblin, in all fairness I feel that explanation is slightly too intellectual for them to grasp really, couldn't you just politely relate to them that you're mad and leave it like that then, after all no one normal ever writes so you'd be in good company so to speak...", "...ah yes I do seem to be in good company..." admitted the goblin as he pressed the "post quick reply" button to shut the slot from trapping him further)

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-26-2017 at 12:06 PM..
Closed Thread

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing