WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Tesla Knew

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161
Default Tesla Knew

ďThe scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.Ē

ďThe day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.Ē

ďIf your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world.Ē

ďBe alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.Ē

ďMy brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.Ē

ďI do not think you can name many great inventions that have been made by married men.Ē

ďWhat we now want is closer contact and better understanding between individuals and communities all over the earth, and the elimination of egoism and pride which is always prone to plunge the world into primeval barbarism and strife... Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal enlightenment...Ē

Old 12-25-2017, 02:23 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

I suspect Tesla might have ďknown.Ē

He was crushed by the beginnings of corporate America and died destitute because he didnít understand the game. Or... he refused to play it.

He wanted to give away free power to the world. That was never going to be a go in America. Itís sad, but thatís what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161

I suspect if I respond, this thread will get crushed with nonsense from unrestrained egos. But, nevertheless, I will weigh in. Corporate America isn't the culprit, only a small thinker would blame a country. Long before the word "America" rolled from the tongues of people, Greed flourished in many parts of the world, causing misery and suffering to far too many ordinary people.

Jesus was another one who knew. He sent His Disciples off to foreign lands to tend to people. He told His followers to preach the good news and to heal the sick for free. These instructions were the cornerstones of His earthly mission. It's sad that He was crucified, but that's what happened.

Many people pretend that they aren't materialistic or that they are followers of Jesus. Mahatma Gandhi said it best: "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

I'll just add: whether one is a believer or a non-believer doesn't really matter because greed doesn't discriminate. Frequently, examine your consciousness to uproot the weeds.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-25-2017 at 03:23 PM..
Old 12-25-2017, 03:15 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
I suspect if I respond, this thread will get crushed with nonsense from unrestrained egos. But, corporate America isn't the culprit. Greed existed and caused misery and suffering long before the word "America" rolled from the tongues of people. Jesus wanted to heal people for free. He told his disciples to preach the good news and to heal the sick. Those two instructions were the cornerstones of His earthly mission. It's sad that He was crucified, but that's what happened.

Jesus was probably not a historical person. Thatís not to say the words attributed to him werenít great. They were. But I donít think many people understood them. Not even the disciples. I mean, look at the questions they asked him. Most of their gospels are about them not understanding what he meant.

Old 12-25-2017, 03:27 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161

They understood more than enough about Him. After all, ten of the eleven paid the ultimate sacrifice for the Man whom they believed to be the Son of God. For whom would you die? Your children? Your wife? Your parents?

The disciples weren't fools. Words alone persuade only fools. The disciples saw and felt much more than mere words could provide. That's why they died for Christ.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-25-2017 at 03:31 PM..
Old 12-25-2017, 04:17 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

They understood more than enough about Him. After all, ten of the eleven paid the ultimate sacrifice for the Man whom they believed to be the Son of God. For whom would you die? Your children? Your wife? Your parents?

The disciples weren't fools. Words alone persuade only fools. The disciples saw and felt much more than mere words could provide. That's why they died for Christ.

Have you read the New Testament? Iím being serious. The disciples do nothing but ask what seem like silly questions and Jesus explains it over and over. Maybe they ďfeltĒ much more than weíre privy to. I guess thatís where the faith comes in.

Then... they went out and started a church, which seems anathema to the message that Christ was giving... what gives?

Old 12-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161

The disciples did exactly what He told them to do ... they fearlessly preached and healed until their deaths. With them, there was concrete evidence. It's you who are doing the guess work.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:29 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

The disciples did exactly what He told them to do ... they fearlessly preached and healed until their deaths. With them, there was concrete evidence. It's you who are doing the guess work.

I realize that they died. Itís just... did they die for Christ, or did they die trying to establish a church and structure that Jesus probably wouldnít have wanted or cared about? In a time when the established culture was somewhere else completely. You could call that bravery. But... you could also call it stupidity or greed maybe.

Old 12-25-2017, 06:38 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161

I realize you really don't know what you are talking about, and that whatever conclusion you would eventually settle upon would be a stupid one based on false information.

How could a Man who died penniless be the head of a greedy group? The Apostle Peter chose to be crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to be slain like Jesus. Where do you decipher greed from that?

Spend some quality time dwelling on these quotes made perhaps by the most brilliant mind of the 20th Century:

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Only a fool would believe people who refuse to investigate important matters. And then taking their word as truth -- that puts you even beyond fool, in the realm of an idiot.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-25-2017 at 06:50 PM..
Old 12-25-2017, 06:51 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

I realize you really don't know what you are talking about, and that whatever conclusion you would eventually settle upon would be a stupid one based on false information.

How could a Man who died penniless be the head of a greedy group? The Apostle Peter chose to be crucified upside down because he felt unworthy to be slain like Jesus. Where do you decipher greed from that?

Power and money sometimes serve as alternates. The idea that Peter was crucified upside down has no basis in history. We take church traditions word for this. And it makes sense given Jesusís prophesy. But Iím asking you to look at it objectively.

Old 12-25-2017, 07:02 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

Spend some quality time dwelling on these quotes made perhaps by the most brilliant mind of the 20th Century:

ďThe scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.Ē

ďThe day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.Ē

Only a fool would believe people who refuse to investigate important matters. And then taking their word as truth -- that puts you even beyond fool, in the realm of an idiot.

Well, Iím not an idiot. Címon man. You know that. So letís be real about this.

Is it possible that the disciples didnít understand what Christ really meant but did their best? But that their best was not good enough, and they wound up starting something the Christ would never have wanted? I mean, itís what us meer mortals do. We fuck shit up.

Iím not denying the words in red. Those are clear enough to see that the disciples didnít understand them. Iím not saying I do, but I can see when someone doesnít.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:26 PM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 123

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Well, Iím not an idiot. Címon man. You know that. So letís be real about this.

Is it possible that the disciples didnít understand what Christ really meant but did their best? But that their best was not good enough, and they wound up starting something the Christ would never have wanted? I mean, itís what us meer mortals do. We fuck shit up.

Iím not denying the words in red. Those are clear enough to see that the disciples didnít understand them. Iím not saying I do, but I can see when someone doesnít.

Given that the bible was written over the course of some three hundred years AD, it's probable that none of the words of any of the contenders are rooted in historical fact. It's more probable that the stupid questions (I totally agree they were stupid) were for the sake of pre-empting questions from the target audience. Not saying the target audience were all stupid, but back then most people couldn't read, didn't have the resources or time to travel widely or mingle with diverse peoples, and were generally left in a state of unenviable ignorance while they laboured at the same menial tasks day after day unto death. They probably needed everything minutely spelled out, which is the reason the authors of the bible decided to create so many inane questions.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:56 AM
Myers (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 384

Originally Posted by eripiomundus View Post
They probably needed everything minutely spelled out, which is the reason the authors of the bible decided to create so many inane questions.
And essentially, this goes on today with every sermon and Sunday school class etc. There's practically an industry built on it.

Because as simple as some things can be or may seem in the bible, as you know, they can be interpreted and applied in all kinds of ways to align with or promote various agendas.

If that wasn't the case, we'd have one big, harmonious Christian Church today. And of course, anyone who claims that any church is the true church, or most basic -- or anyone who claims to know exactly what Jesus wanted is kidding himself.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Myers (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 384

I realize you really don't know what you are talking about, and that whatever conclusion you would eventually settle upon would be a stupid one based on false information...

...Only a fool would believe people who refuse to investigate important matters. And then taking their word as truth -- that puts you even beyond fool, in the realm of an idiot.
In case anyone doubts the reason why any thread where Cityboy is involved is guaranteed to go sideways -- here's a perfect example.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161

Do you want people to listen to you instead of Nikola Tesla? I wasn't aware of the tremendous leap you have taken up the intellectual scale, now including yourself with the likes of an Einstein and a Tesla. All WB members should get down on their knees to thank God or the Universe or the Pine Tree or the Empty Space (whichever religion a member adheres to) for having such a great mind amongst us.

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”

Old 12-26-2017, 09:06 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161

Given that the bible was written over the course of some three hundred years AD, it's probable that none of the words of any of the contenders are rooted in historical fact. It's more probable that the stupid questions (I totally agree they were stupid) were for the sake of pre-empting questions from the target audience. Not saying the target audience were all stupid, but back then most people couldn't read, didn't have the resources or time to travel widely or mingle with diverse peoples, and were generally left in a state of unenviable ignorance while they laboured at the same menial tasks day after day unto death. They probably needed everything minutely spelled out, which is the reason the authors of the bible decided to create so many inane questions.
inaccurate information.

In today's world, you have people waking up each morning to rush to their computers to thrash others, and you are calling people back then stupid? Today, you have people, eyes fixed on electronic devices, crossing streets only to get hit by busses, and you are calling fishermen stupid? You have people texting while driving striking and injuring or killing others, and yesteryear's people are stupid? This is just a small sampling of how dumb people are right under your nose yet because you are so intent to discredit Jesus, you ignore them. You are a replica of the modern scientists who ignore psychic phenomena.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-26-2017 at 09:28 AM..
Old 12-26-2017, 05:43 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

inaccurate information.

In today's world, you have people waking up each morning to rush to their computers to thrash others, and you are calling people back then stupid? Today, you have people, eyes fixed on electronic devices, crossing streets only to get hit by busses, and you are calling fishermen stupid? You have people texting while driving striking and injuring or killing others, and yesteryear's people are stupid? This is just a small sampling of how dumb people are right under your nose yet because you are so intent to discredit Jesus, you ignore them. You are a replica of the modern scientists who ignore psychic phenomena.

What CB means is that he understands your side of the argument, but respectfully disagrees. He would like to thank all who participated and hopes that there are enough trophies to go around. If not, there will be cake and punch served in the reception hall.

Thank you all for coming, and merry Christmas.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:46 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 161

You paid all those good U.S. dollars to get an education and now you're calling fishermen who lived two thousand years ago stupid.

Get real?

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-26-2017 at 06:51 PM..
Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

You paid all those good U.S. dollars to get an education and now you're calling fishermen who lived two thousand years ago stupid.

Get real?

I barely graduated high school (for free) with a slightly passing GPA. I earned exactly the number of credits I needed to do so.

I did go to one semester of community college, but that didnít work for me.

Fly fishermen are pretty cool, but the everyday ďI have a job scooping up abundant fish from the seaĒ guys arenít any smarter than most plumbers. Whatís so smart about having a regular job?

Old 12-26-2017, 08:08 PM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 123

inaccurate information.

I specifically said: "I'm not saying people back then were stupid..." before going on to outline some of the factors that caused many people, by no fault of their own, to be fairly ignorant (please note that ignorance is not the same as stupidity) as far as metaphysical/abstract/spiritual things go.

Life was not as easy back then as it is now, and people had to work much harder, for much longer. There was no time or energy for the rumination of esoteric things, and so in that sphere, which is the sphere we're talking about when we speak of the bible, the majority of people were largely ignorant. Therefore the bible spelled things out minutely so normal people could better understand concepts to which they'd had no prior exposure.

Think of this: I am going to go out on a limb and presume you don't know any computer programming. So you are, if I'm correct, fairly ignorant with regard to that (I am too, so I'm not trying to insult you here), but in fifty years time most young people will be pretty conversant in computer programming - it's said that programming is set to be the standard blue-collar job of the future. Not knowing programing today doesn't make you stupid, but you are ignorant of it: the information is available and you don't know it. So I'm not calling the people of the past stupid, but there were abstract concepts in the bible of which the majority were ignorant.

As for the "modern scientists who ignore psychic phenomena": I'd estimate that 99.8% of scientists discredit psychic phenomena. I'm not an expert, have never done the experiments myself, nor have the expertise/equipment/resources to do so, so the best I can do is trust that the people who did conduct the experiments were smart enough and thorough enough to have conducted them well. If 998 out of every 1000 scientists believe paranormal phenomena are not real, then I tend to agree with the majority.

I noticed in another post you mentioned quantum uncertainty and such things in support of your paranormal position. I don't intend to provoke you with this, but it appears as if you are only willing to accept evidence that confirms your position, like quantum uncertainty, while dismissing the overriding consensus arrived at by the rest of science. If your position is that science is invalid, then how can you use the results of science (quantum uncertainty) to support your paranormal position? How can you accept the concept of quantum uncertainty whilst denying all the science upon which that concept is based?
Old 12-27-2017, 05:00 AM
Myers (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 384

Get real?
No one called anyone stupid. That's something you pulled out of thin air.

So what really is stupid?

You desperately trying to twist what people say in some moronic effort to make them look bad.

Or:

You really can't comprehend what's being said.

Take your pick.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:57 AM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 942

This seems to make sense. I was sort of trying to engage in a debate where, in reality, I donít have a dog in the fight. Iím completely an atheist and the only value I find in the Bible is as a tool to prompt rational thought experiments with others who might believe the book is more than I do.

I suppose, if Iím honest, most of these experiments are intended to shine a light on ridiculous ideas for not much more than personal entertainment value. Because itís unlikely that an atheist would convince a believer to stop believing. But I do hold out a kernel of hope.

Closed Thread

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing