WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Hostliity

Old 12-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185
Default Hostliity

"Hostiles" was the name bestowed upon Native-Americans by the United States Government. Natives who were driven from their lands and who refused to accept barren reservations as their new home were given this name. Instead of surrendering to a greed-thirsty enemy, the Natives chose to defend their rights, knowing that more than likely they would be defending them through the surrendering to their lives.

Isn't it amazing how words can become easily distorted or manipulated. Beware to all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (12-19-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 09:13 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

("...I like the shortness of the work..." went the goblin remembering how each line cost dearly, explaining "...nobody will begrudge reading something short yet many will think twice about reader something super long...", and then the goblin noted something wrong the grammatical syntax , saying ".."through the surrendering to their lives" is wrong, perhaps "at the cost of their lives" would work though either way if you add "the" it becomes a noun, thus "the surrender" or just "surrendering" without the "the" will do...", to which the goblin then asked "...are you storing your works together somewhere, I mean it would be a pity not build upon what you have written already...")
Old 12-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...I like the shortness of the work..." went the goblin remembering how each line cost dearly, explaining "...nobody will begrudge reading something short yet many will think twice about reader something super long...", and then the goblin noted something wrong the grammatical syntax , saying ".."through the surrendering to their lives" is wrong, perhaps "at the cost of their lives" would work though either way if you add "the" it becomes a noun, thus "the surrender" or just "surrendering" without the "the" will do...", to which the goblin then asked "...are you storing your works together somewhere, I mean it would be a pity not build upon what you have written already...")
Thanks. I struggled for some time with exactly what you pointed out until, well, I finally surrendered.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Hostility is the proper spelling too. Good thing Miss Schwartz is no longer grading my papers.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Now where else did I see something about hostility?

Oh yeah.

I think this is what people call "triggered" these days...

Last edited by Myers; 12-19-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Old 12-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

If I remember correctly, the word was first used by Brianpatrick to describe me, but of course he incorrectly used it. Then, I used it to describe him, and this time I was way off. Finally, a young female poster dropped the "H" word, and for the third time, the word was incorrectly used. But, even the U.S. Government with all its lawyers and scholars misused the word. So, simple folk as we are, we are entitled to make tiny mistakes. But, you have given me a good idea ... from now on, I'm not going to use it; I'm going to remove it from my vocabulary and also from every cell in my body.

Therefore, Have A Merry Christmas & Happy New (York) Year

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-19-2017 at 02:20 PM..
Old 12-19-2017, 02:40 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Heh. More bullshit.

One of the primary definitions: antagonist and unfriendly...

Pretty much nails it.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:48 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,116

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
"Hostiles" was the name bestowed upon Native-Americans by the United States Government. Natives who were driven from their lands and who refused to accept barren reservations as their new home were given this name. Instead of surrendering to a greed-thirsty enemy, the Natives chose to defend their rights, knowing that more than likely they would be defending them through the surrendering to their lives.

Isn't it amazing how words can become easily distorted or manipulated. Beware to all.

Estimates of 90% of native Americans died of diseases they had no immunities to. Smallpox, influenza, etc. if this hadnít happened they might have been able to defend themselves. So... one could say that ďgodĒ made the choice. You know, that big fluffy loving guy upstairs.

I blame the Christians. Itís their god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-19-2017, 02:57 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

This is so funny. I just said whenever Cityboy needs to feel righteous and make himself look good and thoughtful, he uses Native Americans -- cuz who's gonna disagree that they got screwed?

It's the gift that keeps on giving...
Old 12-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Those diseased blankets were deliberately given to them by spoiled & rotten white boys like yourselves.

You like being clowns. Your choice.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:29 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,116

Those diseased blankets were deliberately given to them by spoiled & rotten white boys like yourselves.

Read more history. Those blankets were at least 150 years after initial contact which decimated the native population. They had nothing to do with what Iím talking about.

Native Americans were mostly killed by contact with people from another continent with different immune systems.

Itís biology... or god. Dunno which.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Cityboy -- you are a fraud.

You started this thread because you were butt hurt that someone said you were being hostile -- and you tried to mask it with concern over Native Americans. Who in their right mind would do that?

Everything you post is fake -- including your lame and condescending blanket story which is all about your pathological need to judge and criticize.

You're whole persona is ludicrous.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

I'm not a hostile person, really. I've been allowed into the inner circles of Jamaicans, Vietnamese, Chinese, Native-Americans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans. I don't let words bothered me much anyhow. Only when I make grammatical errors do I get a bit pissed.

You seem terribly disturbed. I know its your forte to roam the internet finding people to thrash. You've been doing it for years, and I have to admit, in your world, I'm no match for you. However, In my world, the outcome would be different ... much different.

One other thing to clear the air: if you're Myers, I never said anything about your family. All I said was that the deceased child you said you lost is probably begging to communicate with you. And only because of your beliefs that there is no such thing as spirits, you yourself are preventing the communication. On the other hand, if you are Joematt, I never said anything about your family either. I only repeated what some stooge said about your wife. So, once again, you have erred in saying I criticized your family. However, if I said anything out of line, I do apologize. Sincerely.

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-19-2017 at 05:05 PM..
Old 12-19-2017, 05:16 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Cityboy -- you are a fraud.

You started this thread because you were butt hurt that someone said you were being hostile -- and you tried to mask it with concern over Native Americans. Who in their right mind would do that?

Everything you post is fake -- including your lame and condescending blanket story which is all about your pathological need to judge and criticize.

You're whole persona is ludicrous.
My blanket story made some people mad, some angry, and some hostile. But, now, the responses to it are beginning to make me laugh. I hope your B.S. thread gets busy again. I'll be working on another story and wouldn't have the time to entertain you. Sorry.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:16 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

I'm not a hostile person, really.
More B.S.

That you felt the need to make this thread in the first place shows you're a phony.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:28 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,116

My blanket story made some people mad, some angry, and some hostile. But, now, the responses to it are beginning to make me laugh. I hope your B.S. thread gets busy again. I'll be working on another story and wouldn't have the time to entertain you. Sorry.

Iíll still help you with your new story, but I donít think you have it in you to write a good one. Still, Itís always a possibility that someone will find the light.

Something in me believes you have to be born with the potential.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:34 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
This is so funny. I just said whenever Cityboy needs to feel righteous and make himself look good and thoughtful, he uses Native Americans -- cuz who's gonna disagree that they got screwed?

It's the gift that keeps on giving...
Just to clear things up for Europeans who are members of this forum. Native-Americans didn't get screwed. They were slaughtered, raped, massacred, and driven from their homes by greed-infested madmen. The ones who got screwed were the ancestors of the madmen who destroyed the Native-Americans' culture. Look at the cesspool that has replaced the ways of the true owners of this land (though Native-Americans never claimed ownership over land; land ownership was a Western trait which benefitted the rich and enslaved the poor). The Europeans who settled this land blew a wonderful opportunity. Just imagine had they adapted to the ways of the Natives whom they found residing in this country. Do you think for one minute the United States would be the greediest and most crime ridden nation in the world? In Native-American villages, there weren't any locks on tipis, no policemen patrolling the streets, no warrior waking up to find his belongings or horse stolen. No women were raped in Native villages. So, you see, Native-Americans didn't get screwed. It was us, the people who would have benefitted from such a wonderful way of living who really got screwed. Because they stood in the way of greed (the same geed which now runs rampart in our society and is masqueraded as progress), they got slaughtered by madmen.

It is important to speak truthfully. As one Native-American brilliantly said: "It doesn't take many words to tell the truth."

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-20-2017 at 03:37 AM..
Old 12-20-2017, 03:52 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

You’re judging the actions of people in the past by today’s standards -- which is pretty much always a dumb thing to do -- and you’re combining that with the fantasy that the pre-Columbian Americas were some kind of non-violent, Eden-like paradise.

Wrong all the way around -- and nothing close to “the truth.”

Last edited by Myers; 12-20-2017 at 04:51 AM..
Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Virtue signalling -- you ought to look that up, Cityboy.

It may have your picture next to the definition.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 452

I have to say, Cityboy, it doesn't take much to work your way to a position where you feel you've been "allowed into the inner circle" of just about any society. I know someone who has done the sun dance six times (you know, where you hook the tendons in your chest (or back) and dance for days in the sun until they rip out), thinking he's in the inner circle with those boys, but he's really just a heroin junkie, a thief, and a joke.

I live in the area that was settled last (by whites) in the continental United States; some of the 'skins I know are only two or three generations removed from no knowledge of the white man whatsoever, and most of them retain their ancestral lands. They know what things were like back when, and they make no bones of it: it was no utopia. There was lying and cheating and stealing and raping and pillaging, and anyone who thinks differently is deluding themselves. There was a level of savagery back then that would horrify you, Cityboy, so you might as well drop the "peace and harmony" line. It doesn't wash.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 12-20-2017 at 10:40 AM..
Old 12-20-2017, 11:32 PM
bluewpc (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 46

Remember that Apache means enemy in Zuni

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
I have to say, Cityboy, it doesn't take much to work your way to a position where you feel you've been "allowed into the inner circle" of just about any society. I know someone who has done the sun dance six times (you know, where you hook the tendons in your chest (or back) and dance for days in the sun until they rip out), thinking he's in the inner circle with those boys, but he's really just a heroin junkie, a thief, and a joke.

I live in the area that was settled last (by whites) in the continental United States; some of the 'skins I know are only two or three generations removed from no knowledge of the white man whatsoever, and most of them retain their ancestral lands. They know what things were like back when, and they make no bones of it: it was no utopia. There was lying and cheating and stealing and raping and pillaging, and anyone who thinks differently is deluding themselves. There was a level of savagery back then that would horrify you, Cityboy, so you might as well drop the "peace and harmony" line. It doesn't wash.
You back, Ed. Please don't report me to anyone. Pretty plz. Your tipping off the moderators about my deleting posts earned me a five-day ban. And I really never got to thank you for it. Well, since you decided to drop by -- thank you & happy holidays.

Ed, I'm really not interested in who you know or what you think. How many times must I make that clear to you?

Last edited by Cityboy; 12-21-2017 at 08:56 AM..
Old 12-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 452

Geez, Shelley -- I thought we cleared up that issue years ago. Isn't that where you got your current nom de plume? You can thank me for that.

Maybe you should interest yourself in what other people know and think. It might broaden your horizons or, at the very least, provide you with enough education to keep you from sounding so ignorant.

Happy Holidays!
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing