WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.


Where shall I go

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 AM
Rob56 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default


Go on a tour with friends

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-27-2017, 08:42 AM
Tally (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NE England
Posts: 30
Thanks: 7
Thanks 7
Default

Hey

I would highly recommend Vietnam as an amazing travelling experience. The people are wonderfully friendly, the traffic crazy and the food ridiculously cheap and tasty! It isn't always the most beautiful, but it is incredible.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-29-2017, 07:56 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 421
Thanks: 29
Thanks 111
Default

Depending on how old you are... check out some youtube vids of Vang Vieng in Laos.

You grab an inner tube out of a tractor tire at the start of the river and float down stopping at all the bars on the way. There are tire swings, mud-wrestling bars, nude bars... You buy a bucket of booze and off you go - yes, a literal bucket. Highly recommended by a friend of mine - I haven't been.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-29-2017, 09:16 AM
Tally (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NE England
Posts: 30
Thanks: 7
Thanks 7
Default

Originally Posted by eripiomundus View Post
Depending on how old you are... check out some youtube vids of Vang Vieng in Laos.

You grab an inner tube out of a tractor tire at the start of the river and float down stopping at all the bars on the way. There are tire swings, mud-wrestling bars, nude bars... You buy a bucket of booze and off you go - yes, a literal bucket. Highly recommended by a friend of mine - I haven't been.
I know Laos is a popular destination, but dare I not bite my tongue and say what?! I wouldn't ever put age as consideration to doing or not doing something haha. Your fitness, health and what you want to achieve (relaxation/adventure), sure but never age!

A bucket of booze sounds good to me, even though I highly doubt I would manage it
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-29-2017, 08:21 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,853
Thanks: 361
Thanks 847
Default

Originally Posted by Tally View Post
I know Laos is a popular destination, but dare I not bite my tongue and say what?! I wouldn't ever put age as consideration to doing or not doing something haha. Your fitness, health and what you want to achieve (relaxation/adventure), sure but never age!

A bucket of booze sounds good to me, even though I highly doubt I would manage it


Yes, well, unless you're 13
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-30-2017, 12:10 AM
Tally (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NE England
Posts: 30
Thanks: 7
Thanks 7
Default

At 13, if you have willing parents to accompany you then pretty much any holiday is still possible!

Of course, I wouldn't promote the side of age-related activities such as drinking alcohol etc to underagers, but there is no age limit on craving adventure and travel!

I would wish any 13 yr old good luck in managing to convince their parents to take them travelling.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,750
Thanks: 338
Thanks 355
Default

So I'm making plans to go to Milan in September.

I wish it was all for pleasure.

My sister lives there, and almost three years ago, she was hit by a car and seriously injured -- and I haven't been to see her yet.

She kept telling me, wait until I'm better, but her husband says the doctors are saying she's as good as she's going to get.

I'm probably going to go by myself, but I'm thinking about pulling my oldest daughter out of school to go with me.

Maybe we can branch out a bit and go to Florence or Siena etc. -- depends on how much time I can be away from work...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-02-2017, 05:32 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,853
Thanks: 361
Thanks 847
Default

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
So I'm making plans to go to Milan in September.

I wish it was all for pleasure.

My sister lives there, and almost three years ago, she was hit by a car and seriously injured -- and I haven't been to see her yet.

She kept telling me, wait until I'm better, but her husband says the doctors are saying she's as good as she's going to get.

I'm probably going to go by myself, but I'm thinking about pulling my oldest daughter out of school to go with me.

Maybe we can branch out a bit and go to Florence or Siena etc. -- depends on how much time I can be away from work...


Milan Missouri?



Good idea. Lots of nice people there.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,750
Thanks: 338
Thanks 355
Default

And on my way home, I'm going to stop in Rome, Georgia.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-02-2017, 07:33 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,853
Thanks: 361
Thanks 847
Default

Maybe London Arkansas?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Myers's Avatar
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,750
Thanks: 338
Thanks 355
Default

I went to school in Athens...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Mohican's Avatar
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not quite back of beyond
Posts: 3,849
Thanks: 330
Thanks 651
Default

I've been thinking of visiting a friend and covering the northernmost 50-100 miles of the AT

Or disappearing into the Zaleski Forest for a few days.
__________________
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-08-2017, 02:35 AM
marshajonnes (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanks 0
Default

I'm going to work
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Mohican's Avatar
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not quite back of beyond
Posts: 3,849
Thanks: 330
Thanks 651
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Maybe London Arkansas?
Paris, Texas

then Athens, Ohio
__________________
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:24 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.