WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 09-07-2017, 10:56 PM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

Anna was curled up in a little ball behind the goblin, she woke from deep slumber "I simply must reply" she whispered to his busying back "to thank Grace for her kind words and posts, so as not to appear rude" She padded softly over to the emotional food bank, a larder crammed full of every kind of feeling imaginable. She searched in earnest for a little bottle that was forever lost and placed it purposefully on the front of the shelf. 'Compassion for those with absolutely no hope left (folks to be found to the left of you and the right)' it read - and then she searched again 'Rage on their behalf!'. "There", she said quietly as she placed the second little bottle back next to its friend. She scooped up the moment and gently slipped it on her sleeve and sprinted away.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-08-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

So. Friday morning then and Grace was still heavy limbed and sleepy from last night's inauguration of Autumn ceremony. The festivities had kicked off early with the main event - 'The Switching On Of The Central Heating' - the dial cranked up to rapturous applause as the radiators hissed and clunked back to life. Next in the order of service was 'The Grand Re-veiling Of The Windows ' - with Grace regretting not inviting the vicar then, as a few solemn words would have added gravitas as the drapes drew slowly across the prematurely dark hillside. Proceedings then flowed effortlessly into 'The Rites of Yawning' - the lead yawn executed perfectly by Little Man at 7 pm on the dot. Sporting immaculate flannelette pyjamas like a kid from an Ovaltine advert, he had bid Grace goodnight and bounded up the stairs with the cats in keen pursuit - all desperate to nestle in the warmth of a duvet. So Grace had ambled onto the patio with her cup of tea, admiring the hot-pink geraniums cascading from their pots and knowing they would look like Tina Turner's hair in a matter of days. She had sat on the steps, idly lobbing a ball for Old Faithful and processing an unfamiliar desire to go to bed herself - until the memory of her mother's habitual scolding sent her indoors with a grin. "Get off that cold step Grace...you'll get piles my girl."

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-08-2017 at 03:15 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 02:28 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

("...nice to be in such good company..." went the goblin enjoying the diversity of posters here, then adding "...me, I read everything I come across here, and feed this slot just to be fed back by you I guess, so there's that then, ah but there's also that need to know my thoughts too, where I ask me myself how can one ever know one's thoughts really without first wading through them with one's pen, yes I'm mad to post on like this but I would be madder still if were not to now...", to which the slot just went "...bite size is best lest they won't swallow the bait goblin...")

repost from elsewhere, Grace's "cast your prediction" thread in the "the intellectual table" section of this forum

"...I predict the dissolution of the multinationals..." ventured the goblin thinking that that was what happened each time something imposed itself too far either upon the sovereign state or upon its citizenship, adding "...quite a few historical examples abound, for examples the all powerful knights templars in their day, the monasteries in henry VIII time, the monarchy in france, and each time too no one dared think such a thing could even be possible, yet it happened quite rapidly in fact, so ask yourself now whether at this rate of expansion which country today actually needs these multinationals there, and think upon what assets they would gain in the dissolution of the multinationals, or conversely what will be be like to those same countries did not and allowed the multinationals to continue in their expansion..."

xxxx 5822 382391

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-08-2017 at 12:50 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 06:55 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, the goblin doing a welcome

"...welcome to writersbeat, think of us as "just here to hear you out" now..." went the goblin intent to converse with those who'd converse back with him here, then adding "...can I not interest you in one of these perhaps...", as he then dipped his hand into his pocket to pull out a wad of "writersbeat fidelity cards" before holding one out in the palm of his smallish but long hand, explaining "...all very simple now, first one does a post and in doing so some other poster views it, being your points perhaps or your hitcount then, and then one does another post and it gets yet still more views to it, hitcount goes up, till after awhile one has done enough posts to some consistency that that one's posting gains one some recognition, recognition of one's persona as someone noteworthy, afterwhich though, and with a bit of luck too, one does yet more posts still to the point where one gains a following, till lastly one gets such a following that they then follow you off the forum itself to your other writings elsewhere, not that I have any elsewhere though...", and yes the hand still had to card within it, and the goblin had made it all sound so easy too, only that xxxxx was thinking that no there had to some trick to it or else the goblin wouldn't be so amenable in his smiling manner, just goblins weren't like that he knew, "...no he's offering you a threadmill there, sign up and you have to keep going..." went the slot's whispering voice in the background, for that was ever the truth of it

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-08-2017 at 01:04 PM..
Old 09-08-2017, 08:24 PM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 111

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
"...nope I think I know who he is by now, he's a real person for sure but there's no depth to him, I mean I asked him to post something in his own right, he couldn't deliver and still can't for all his words, so back he returns instead to bitch about this that and the next thing, to disrupt things perhaps, yes but that ain't going to happen though, and besides everyone just sees him behind his negativity there as someone hurt for his hitting out..." ventured the goblin welcoming eripiomundus though, then smiling to the words"...I don't think I've had the pleasure now, most pleased to meet you too, so just post here when the mood takes or when you've low in spirits or just in need of flexing those writing muscles of yours...", and with that the goblin went off to find a matching picture here, explaining "...it's vanity on my part but three things I want from this posting, a writer's way with words, an illustrator's eye for matching pictures to texts, and above all a credible persona to remain ever this goblin between us now..."

Thanks for the welcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to eripiomundus For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 02:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

Originally Posted by eripiomundus View Post
Thanks for the welcome.
("...here for you too now..." replied the goblin most invitingly, then adding "...just you're onstage here, with hundreds are readers around you at this point, and all you have to do is pull them towards your persona in your posts, your pen as a wand perhaps, it's that simple and that difficult too, yet it's an amazing challenge all the same...")

repost from elsewhere, the goblin doing a welcome

and with that the goblin showed up saying "...welcome human if I may be so bold as to call you one now...", thinking that that sounded about right then, and that he was out of practice in doing these welcomes too, then adding "...no, there must be something wrong with me, I mean everyone else wants reality, just "keep it real" they keep on saying, and yet my dull dailylife is my reality and while I'm there I'm stuck in the midst of its mundaneness I'm ever so yearning for this forum again and this fiction between us...", to which the goblin fed up with rolling out a the same old welcoming red carpet dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out an enormous welcoming red bathtub instead, saying "...no, no not to clean yourself with, I mean I wasn't inferring to anything like as in that way then, no instead I only thought that you might care to float in it while looking at that moon above for its all too elusive plot therein, who knows then I mean many hours or moons later you might remember me smiling from this anonymous fiction still when you're now famous that is, yet that was ever that difference between us I guess..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-09-2017 at 01:58 PM..
Grace Gabriel (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017, 06:20 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

Repost from elsewhere, chatting to Flea.

"Yes, you are always polite", Grace agreed, ever rigid in her belief that who you are on the net is who you are in real life, and those that troll for sport are just exercising their ugly natures off leash - letting them shit everywhere and maul the vulnerable without accountability or fear of reprisal. And Grace remembered recently seeing something on the telly, where internet stalkers were tracked down and had to account for themselves face to face with the subjects of their hate campaigns. "And the trolls were mostly women", Grace said sadly, "hooped earringed horrors with pinched and bitter faces and a lesser command of vocabulary than your average Pit Bull." And Grace thought about the beautiful graffiti she had passed on the train - stunning murals displaying such skill and talent in spray paint as a result of the counciil creating a space for the vandals and offering an invitation to contribute their best. "Can't trolls see a reply box is a blank canvas then?", Grace asked, wondering why anyone would choose to just repeat the same old spurting cock doodle with words when they can strive for a work of art instead ?

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-09-2017 at 02:43 PM..
fleamailman (09-09-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 02:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, the "mohican’s miscellaneous meanderings" thread again

"...wait, does that mean that you actually read my post right to the end there..." inquired the goblin amazed at Mohican's fortitude in the face of it, but then adding "...agreed, cross boarder trade in not a bad thing in itself as long as those traders are tied to those countries they trade with and from, and if they are equals in that free trade there, but doesn't this all fall apart when instead they are entities such as multinationals not beholden to the welfare of those countries concerned, moreover, since they hold more military/industrial clout than the countries they are trading with the practice in not free trade at all but colonization through unequal trade measures..", the goblin paused for he next bit, continuing "...what is also dangerous longterm is that this imbalance of military/industrial clout of these nominally western trading entities that are supposedly western supported by the west then, is that they are not beholden to that west really, no they could just as easily slip eastwards if that was in their interest to do so now...", and then suddenly that old line an alliance between unequals is best to be avoided sprang to the goblin's mind, he paused yet again and then restarted anew saying"...free trade as practiced by unequals leads to the very colonization as brought about by those empires of old, me I'm simply for the dissolution of the multinationals today, I'm also for the right to hold currency in one's own hand, and above all I'm for having one's vote counted by hand, now will I ever get to see this happening, unlikely, but there's no harm in making my opinions known to all..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-11-2017 at 01:42 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (09-10-2017), Prodigalson (09-12-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 01:48 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, the "what are you writing" thread in this section, great thread too

You can tell a lot about a person based on the genre and themes of their novels. Just curious to see what kind of writers are here. Smile people, it's Friday.
"...me first, I'm another one of those livewriters you might come across from time to time..." mentioned the goblin much like any other goblin might or would mention faced with such a question, but what was there to say about goblins really that everyone didn't know already, simply they were small green creatures descended from trolls, yet more adapt in the presence of humans, then adding "...simply I'm someone who writes in their posts for that direct forum readership here, and great fun it is too, where you might then state "yes but that's not writing really, surely anyone can just post something whereas the real writing is in books isn't it", which should be true indeed, save that alas most of those normal folks couldn't write in their posts, or at least couldn't be bothered to write in their posts I mean, whereas most writers, set apart from those normal posters the goblin imagined again by their uncanny resemblance to a potted plant stuck on a chair, probably have that ability to write in their posts to the level of the books even but simply didn't because they won't see their posts as any natural extension to their writings per se, big pity since more readers read posts than most anything else now..."

xxxx 5829 383451

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-11-2017 at 02:08 AM..
Old 09-11-2017, 02:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, chatting with a partner in crime

"...um...., you're even better in your PMs btw, but if a forum folds it usually folds because the posters upon it couldn't find their voice to post nor find their entry point thread to voice themselves upon where perhaps trolls have found their voice all too well because those trolls forum continue apace while these writers forums falter..." then continuing "...but it's a cheat isn't it when writers are going to expect their readers to show up while they themselves keep their best texts for their books alone, and yes I've had many forums fold on me, and always I've just restarted elsewhere again, but you and I are livewriters, we have that ability to build up our replyships wherever we're not first thrown out of first, but would I sell my posts to a publisher, no they're not going to ask but never ever anyway, but instead I'd gladly post them all up to help build up a forum somewhere, for it edits my posts in their reposting so here I am like solid and my muse keeps saying "just go anywhere goblin but there's nowhere else to go really, it's all just forumland wherever you are", yes I think she got that idea from the "invasion of the bodysnatchers" film, little wonder then why I now think of those writertypes as potted plants now, and yes she's so good at taking one over isn't she just..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-11-2017 at 02:02 PM..
BEnzo (09-11-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 01:51 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, the "drunkeness" thread, the poet's return

ok, stuff I cannot be bothered to read. Make your plot tighter.
"...well poet, that makes us the same doesn't it, for I can't be bothered with someone who can't be bothered neither, or rather I prefer to bother myself solely with someone who has both the willpower to read on and to write back too, someone who wants more from their posts than those simple "one liners" of yours, no bother there..." replied the goblin now off to converse with someone else, in fact anyone who could just be bothered then, smiling "..thus authors have their plots, while trolls have their wits, and where you have that alcohol there, just each to his own isn't it, where those plots will then deepen, those wits will sharpen, and you'll just get drunk and regret what you wrote once more, yet back you return after that too, yes anyone can post but the real difference is in the bother one takes over it at the time, just till our next time it seems, for you'll return I know, no you can't help yourself, it's as you admit here, you love your faults, so you'll regret and return all the same..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-11-2017 at 02:24 PM..
Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 44

And so it was That a peculiar man in what would once be called 'dapper' clothes strolled in ( But in to where, you might ask), nursing a particularly long pipe. He smiled, blowing out a puff of smoke.

"I find them rather harrowing, dates. They carry a certain significance that we as humans carry with us. Today, many of us remember, as a terrible day for the civilized world. Even the children are quiet, reflective upon a time their elders remember with sorrow. Such is the human mind not to make the day a good day, but to reflect upon previous days with dark outcomes. Almost like that little line of numbers holds power over us. Even good days carry a significance in our minds, not to mention holidays. Again rather than make a new day better we spend our time reminiscing on the past. Have we created something beyond our control? Or are we simply becoming more and more senile as a race. dates, harrowing they are."

As the man talked, you could see his brow furrowing in concentration, almost as if he was posing these questions to himself. Suddenly realizing he was in the company of others, he laughed and shook his head. "Perhaps I'm going crazy along with the human race,"
And with a smile, a puff of smoke, and a wave, he was gone.
fleamailman (09-11-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-15-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 03:28 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

"...ah, so now we know we will expect more of you Lockette, just step upon this treadmill here as its ever yours for the turning over..." smiled the goblin in a warmly welcome to the man with a pipe there, adding "...and I guess you were in part speaking of yesterday's anniversary of 9/11 there, but I'm not an american and just didn't feel it my place to speak, well not when someone else of that country was more fit to recount their feelings in their own words on that day especially...", yes the goblin was sorry that it happened, he felt for the victims much like everyone did he imagined, yet he also knew that given line couldn't really be the truth of it, saying "...three buildings by only two planes and all in some neat demolition style too, no I shouldn't speak out on that day, it's just not my place I repeat myself here, yet the dead don't rest while this doubt hangs over the rubble and coverup, so aren't americans owed the truth still, or could it really be truth as they relate it to be there, either way then is it really so unamerican of me to hold doubts on this day after..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2017 at 05:47 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-15-2017), Lockette (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 03:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere,

the goblin for his part listened in, yet his mind seemed to stop upon the words a straw will show the way the winds blows, oh yes he knew what he wanted to write for sure only that he also knew that few around him would appreciate how this seemingly unobtrusive event held long term consequences that marked a turning point as it were, or a returning point even, sighing "...so china is about to launch a crude oil futures contract denominated in yuan yet convertible into gold too, that's right, the gold standard in other words, returned without fanfare but just there once more...", simply this reintroduction of the gold standard was a rejection of the status quo, so the issuance in itself was just minor in its way, just a straw showing an unseen ill wind towards the west and its toxic currencies, stating "...well the west has only itself to blame, didn't it bring those multinationals into being together with those banks who just went along for the ride looting the system with credits they didn't possess...", and then the goblin in some fit of anguish stamped repeatedly upon the straw with his feet all to no avail though since the fallen straw was just on the ground for all to see now, and what he knew deep down inside himself just couldn't be unknown for all his stamping, yet he couldn't accept that this ill wind would blow its course regardless of what he said or felt now

xxxx 5833 383799

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-15-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 04:38 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, the "agnostic's" thread

“...surely, if something is real in my own head, then why do I have to find its reality outside my head too just to prove it to myself that it's really real to me, I mean wasn't that carl jung's point all along, so “real” to me it just what strikes me as real in my own words now, or real in one's own world as carl put it, no the rest is just like some old philosopher's hangup between us, just their viewpoints at best, but not what we actually experience for all its being a reality to those others around you now...” remarked the goblin to a ghost seated casually opposite him at this point, while the ghost for its part thought over the goblin's words for a moment, then replied “...you know goblin when you think about it's the same for us ghosts too, I mean your world is like a future reality that we have no part of, a world we'll never get to know neither, yes, it's still there as your dailylife, yet we're conversing like this on this forumland instead, this being that other reality goblin, simply your dailylife is not my reality goblin, ah but do we ghosts ever go around saying that your dailylife just isn't real because we're no longer part of it, nope it's just we're all “dead and gone” to you while to us goblin you're all “dead are still there”, so death is a two way street between us, just dead in both directions isn't it, our separate realities perhaps...”, but didn't everything continue ever on unto its unrecognition anyway, as the goblin then took a long sip from his coffee cup and would have shrugged the whole question off had he not been holding tightly to the cup lest he spill it over, yet the ghost that the goblin saw with his own eyes just couldn't have been any more real for the life of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTAU7lLDZYU

xxxx 5834 384358

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-16-2017 at 02:48 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 04:35 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

So. Friday lunchtime as Grace rose to surface from her dailylife gasping for air. The sun was streaming through the windows, and Grace felt relaxed and sleepy. She had woken in the early hours with that abrupt, wide-eyed jolt that can neither account for itself nor permit re-entry to sleep. Instead, she had Rumpelstiltskin-ed her way through most of todays' workload before breakfast. So Grace was enjoying a peaceful coffee, the house as still as the fields of Ypres after the pell-mell of Little Man's chaotic, whirlwind departure to school. The Bourgainvilia was in its final brilliant rage of purple - leaves twisted like the discarded wrappers in a Quality Street tin. One good frost would end it any day now. "But not today", Grace typed, abandoning the keybpoard and taking her coffee outside to do nothing more than just breathe, but really, is there any more trick to life than just that then...

https://youtu.be/ow-Cx9IX4So

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-15-2017 at 04:56 AM..
fleamailman (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

And Grace blew in - wearing 'that Friday feeling' like a cheap, pungent cologne. Outside, the mist was rolling across the fields and the rain had kept up a relentless garden-sprinkler-spray for hours. Inside, everything was warm and spinning - the washing machine, the tumble dryer... and Grace herself, producing some fancy footwork and James Brown turns as she moonwalked her way back along the kitchen corridor to reunite the mop with the bucket. And the local radio station piped a party into her world as she busily laundered their lives and danced in the weekend. Tomorrow promised the experience of waking naturally - without the caustic blare from that bloody alarm clock that managed to mobilise her by inducing sheer panic. No, tomorrow she could smile and roll over. And tonight, the mop had reserved every dance for her.

https://youtu.be/pyyThCOE9qk

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-16-2017 at 03:27 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-19-2017), Leila (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 06:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

("...almost scary how one jumps into someone else's mind while reading their posts..." observed the goblin loving Grace's posts)

repost from elsewhere

"...yes governments are short-sighted for the most part..." conceded the goblin, thanking JohnConstantine for that great reply though, then adding "...yet if things go too far then usually those governments will act in their own interest, where if not then their military invariably act in their place without them...", where america has been both the military might and the law of last resort of those multinationals in unison with those banks there, yet if america were now to become that banana republic through to its own short-sightedness, for example its spiralling costs, its ever increasing red type, not to mention by that devaluing of its currency too, all being unintended consequences of their offshoring outsourcing and the suppression of competition too as practised by those multinationals together with those banks agian, then in that case alone the goblin clearly understood that america's military would act, just america too would become a "dictatorship" in all but name perhaps for its own protection then, being something bad in itself agreed, but not nearly as bad as this corrupt decaying sham democracy as seen today, asking "...so now, looking throughout history, doesn't severe corruption always lead a county into some dictatorship of sorts, one with a ceaser at its top, yet just who will be america's next ceaser very much depends upon those loyalties of the military today, though he won't be a politician for sure, for history also shows us that the military always chooses someone from their own ranks or with a military background..."

xxxx 5837 384913

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-21-2017 at 04:04 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-16-2017), Leila (09-16-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 06:41 AM
Leila (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 45

Last edited by Leila; 10-02-2017 at 11:55 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-16-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-16-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 02:43 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, talking to anna

day off, the goblin was meant to unwind but the stress of late would need more than one day he knew, besides, the world scene still felt ominously wrong to him, where anyone with the minimum of sense would short this over stretched system for all it was worth, save that one was not allowed to bet against the system, shorts were not allowed, so instead the rich were just trying to get out of the system by parking their money elsewhere, explaining"...doesn't globalization depend both upon cheap transport costs and a fair trade practices, yet fossil fuels are ever finite now, while the currency underpinning everything today is increasingly being called into question by those quantitative easing type measures, together with sanctions placed upon their trading partners, and by all those unpaid debts too, in short the exact same practices needed to push this humpty dumpty of a system from its height there...", yet no one was allowed to actually push humpty dumpty off the edge though, and where a life without today's humpty dumpty at its top would be just unthinkable to most folks, so not even ourdearmedia is allowed to hint at such a possibility, offering instead minor issues, encouraging one with "relax, it's the same as always then, just that same system as yesterday too, back to sleep now", so the goblin felt it to be a waiting game himself, or a deathbed in waiting perhaps with no one allowed to say their goodbyes, while around him was just that preoccupying dailylife of dailyneeds, that is till he stepped back from it and looked at history anew, then the goblin sighed "...what was back then just isn't here today, thus what is here today just won't be here some day hence, so why should this humpty dumpty be any different to any of those previous ones that went before..."

xxxx 5839 385414

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-18-2017 at 04:51 AM..
Grace Gabriel (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 04:24 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

So. Monday lunchtime then as Grace flung herself down and pulled the keyboard towards her with the speed and urgency of an alcoholic reaching for a glass. It felt like she was far more hours into the day than the clock indicated. So much to think about - worry about and yet no time now. So Grace kept pushing these thoughts back, but like shopping on a conveyor belt, the back of the mental queue was ever propelling itself forward and all her thoughts were bunching up in front of the gormless check-out girl who seemed in a rush to beep and hurl everything towards the packing area - and Grace was in a confusion of trying to organise and process, but no time, no time - the bitch wants me to stuff it all into bags and move on. And so Grace complied, because Monday is a hectic day...so many plates to spin...so Grace would run up and down, artfully maintaining them all in a state of perpetual motion and balance then - trying to ignore the sound of breaking china behind her.

https://youtu.be/1JeEXP717T0
fleamailman (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 05:11 AM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

... anna looked at the goblin, 'the 'bitch' might have to scan 1,000 items per hour simply to keep her job spinning' she whispered. Then sprinted away in disbelief.

... 'and maybe she isn't gormless, maybe she frightened because if she looses that job it could have ramifications that we simply don't understand' she ventured

Last edited by anna; 09-18-2017 at 05:19 AM..
fleamailman (09-18-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 05:43 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

"And maybe 'the bitch' doesn't exist", Grace gently offered, " she's just a metaphor for feeling pushed too hard by life". Grace smiled, loving anna for her sense of fairness and indignation on behalf of someone who only existed in the scribbled lines of Grace's frustration. "No, there is no abused individual for you to champion for ", Grace assured her, "although, without doubt, one day there will be", because if there ever became a need to sensor her internal dialogue, Grace wondered what would be the point of laying it at the altar of the thread. "No, this isn't Hollywood", Grace smiled, "and my bad hair days, my mental melt-downs and the ugliest aspects of my nature are all here on these pages as the sheet music for cathartic expulsion - or perhaps, just the suecide note of a madness that doesn't really want to let go then".

https://youtu.be/MuAGGZNfUkU

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-18-2017 at 05:46 AM..
Old 09-18-2017, 06:23 AM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

'ah' anna replied, 'but she does indeed exist far beyond your scribbled lines of cathartic expulsion - and pushed a little too hard by life all the same, stuck in a madness without the means to let go through the pen then.
fleamailman (09-19-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 03:11 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

"Ah, perhaps you have someone in mind anna", Grace answered, who had no inclination to empathise over poor service. "Anybody operating a till is one of the fortunates to have a job and yes, the pressure is on to keep it, as there will undoubtedly be a filing cabinet burgeoning with glowing C.Vs with motivated and desperate applicants behind them." And perhaps that customer is a single mother with no job" she suggested, "watching the fresh produce she can barely afford get bruised on its journey to her shopping bag." And Grace knew the impact of a smile from people in service roles - the people who noticed if a pensioner was feeling rushed, or gave eye contact and a touch of humanity to what might be their customer's only brief foray out of their own four walls and loneliness. "No, the secret to success in any role is always to give a ittle extra", Grace wrote, knowing full well there were customer service reps everywhere, enjoying a well-earned tea break right now and moaning about a miserable, complaining client - and who knows what's going on in that person's life then. "And yes", Grace concluded, "I write all my frustrations down, as anybody can." Grace thought it better that way, lest those feelings are written for the world to read in her eyes instead of on this thread then. "No, the person on the till has a job and the opportunities and hope that it brings", Grace said, "but the way they do it is what will make anything and everything possible..."

https://youtu.be/AYgERenttqE
fleamailman (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 03:26 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

("...I have lost all the pictures of my old posts, because photobucket stopped linking pictures a while back, so now I'm on a hunt to find new pictures for my old posts..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...either way, it's a chance to edit my old posts too, so wish me luck now, as it runs into many hundreds of posts by now...")

repost from elsewhere, halloween

"...just a morning in mourning then..." concluded the goblin trying to make out the buildings as he looked down the street, so geneva was so much like venice today, that fog mingled with its mystery, yes he felt he could choose amongst his fears since this view was so quiet and still, and although the goblin had no reason to think of death behind the happiness of this sweet giving moment with its little children just asking for sweets, yet that ritual and its reason remained behind their race to fill those bags was still there, he would try to cast those thoughts aside though, but the mist had closed in now as if to say "come dance with us on this our day goblin" and yes the goblin would join in their dance in his mind of those whom he never imagined could dance with him when they had been there in the flesh, apologizing now "...yes I'm sorry but my steps are not what they once were, nor what they will be neither I guess, just till then I just wish you well though, suffice to say I miss you now...", as the goblin then quickened his pace through the mist of it all

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-19-2017 at 01:45 PM..
Grace Gabriel (09-20-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 01:37 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,782

repost from elsewhere, a "last person to post here wins" thread

“...just be real...” the goblin would say to himself, as if that were at all possible upon forumland though, forumland being a masked ball between unknowns if ever there was one, yet the goblin himself never changed his mask upon forumland, his persona being that of a goblin then, and a goblin it had been over many years too, and besides that, since he was anonymous he had nothing much to prove, nor to defend neither, no, quite selfishly all that really mattered to him was daily finding something worth posting where possible, and then having a troll's sinews to post it out of himself regardless of how forumland reacted, while seeing if others would join in perhaps, or would or could follow even, then explaining “...oh yes, simply to post something is to win this moment here for sure, but the real win here is in the effort beyond that just stepping up to post something, no for me then the real win is actually in posting something of oneself for oneself and against one's dailylife too, that answers that nagging question of "why bother" to me, yet forumland is never beholden to my whims upon it, no it owes me nothing and is just there still after I'm gone too...”

7 5846 385930

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-19-2017 at 01:59 PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 03:34 PM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

... so anna sat curled up in a little ball as the goblin slept on because this was fiction after all and she could quite effortlessly fit into the palm of his hand. 'Posting something of oneself, for oneself and against ones daily life too' he had said and that was her incentive too. Thank you for your posts.

'Well Grace your post has kept me awake in the real and it isn't conducive to ones daily life to be troubled by words in the depth of the night, right?.' By all means one can write what one likes under the guise of fiction then, she thought, but there is a wider context to Graces's words that troubles me, a responsibility. Anna couldn't figure out if the beliefs Grace held here were simply there for her fictional fun and games, a post written at anna's expense perhaps, entertainment, provocation even by way of painting a daily picture, a performance act, a vehicle to promote Grace's skilled dexterity with the pen then or if those words were born out here from a core value system she held that was so far removed from the current reality anna witnessed as to be verging on the deeply offensive.

That blurring of boundaries in the context of Grace's daily depiction of a life then, troubled her, that freedom of speech and seeming creative authenticity out there for all and sundry to read, absorb and interpret to their own ends.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7952706.html

Last edited by anna; 09-20-2017 at 03:03 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017, 04:34 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,045

So. Wednesday lunchtime then as Grace's gears ground into reverse as she accelerated backwards onto the thread to park herself for a quiet ten minutes. "Blood in my pee", she announced, unclicking the seatbelt and taking the doctor's appointment card from between her teeth to slip into her purse. "Could be nothing", she reasoned, although coupled with the recent weight loss, it seemed to cast a bigger shadow to loom over her thoughts. Grace popped out two antibiotics from the blister back and tossed them on her tongue like tic tacs - swallowing with a dry gulp that scratched her throat. Stuff like this gave fear the fingers to grip her neck and gently squeeze. "There's no back-up", Grace explained, "no other family for him", so much so that Grace often wondered if the pressure of staying alive would be what killed her in the end. Grace raked her fingers through her hair and exhaled deeply, turning her mind to the thread. "I'm glad I'm pouring enough of myself on the page that you can pass judgement on my core values", she told Anna, hoping she would return the privilage - hoping this was the start of her unveiling then. Her experience of anna was so limited at this point, her fellow livewriter always choosing to be curled in a ball - obscured from view by the goblin, or protected in the warmth of his palm. "I look forward to you standing up", she told her gently, "because I can't argue with anything that assumes the foetal position". And Grace thought of her hedgehog that did much the same at the sound of her footsteps - always fearful and mistrustful - always employing its tried and trusted self defense mechanism. "But if I brave the cold each night to deliver him cat food and water", Grace finished, "why would you imagine that my offerings to you are some form of concocted poison then?"

https://youtu.be/V1MA2hCWuw8
Old 09-20-2017, 05:21 AM
anna (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 30

anna sighed, 'there appears a hate in your heart which I find wearisome, young people are struggling and society is deeply divided. The goblin is simply a place of refuge, where I have none, a home for which I am grateful - now go take it easy, your writing is beautiful x'

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe