Scripts Plays and script writing.

Abandoned by Disney: An Adaptation

Old 01-27-2014, 09:50 PM
JustinHoskie (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Abandoned by Disney: An Adaptation

Long time no see! And it'll probably be another couple months before I post again, since I only seem to be able to write a few days every couple of weeks and I won't have my own computer for another month or two.

Anyway, the short version of the story behind this is this: One day before work, I was scrolling through my Tumblr dashboard, and I came across a post that I assumed was a post about the history behind an abandoned Disney resort. I was wrong, and it turned out to be "Abandoned by Disney," a CreepyPasta by Christopher Wolf, AKA SlimeBeast, (which you can and should read here). I adored the story and, a few months later, I thought that I might be able to turn it into a script. About 6 months later, after 4 drafts and getting Chris' permission to release it, I think I've finished it.

Since it is fairly long, I decided to upload it to my blog as a dedicated page, which you can find here, as well as attach the PDF to the post.

This was an absolute blast to write, and I'm starting work on something related to it, so I want to know what everyone thinks. Feel free to give me all of your critiques; short, long, good, bad, thematic, stylistic, spelling, formatting, technical, everything. I just want to know what everyone thinks, what I an improve, and how I can get better.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Abandoned by Disney - Draft #4 - 1-27-2014.pdf (59.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 651

Justin - it is a preference of the forum that stories for review are actually posted on the forum, with each entry to be "around" 3000 words max.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction > Scripts