WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

You do care

Old 03-23-2014, 12:53 AM
LeWriter (Offline)
Living and then some

Thanks 181
Default You do care

23rd March 2014

‘I don’t care!’

That’s what everybody says when they’re feeling fucked in the head, wanting nothing more than procuring a chainsaw and disemboweling anyone in their sight and then throwing themselves into the deepest pit of a lava containing hill so they don’t have to know what it’s like to care anymore. As a matter of fact, I’d be surprised if a blob of disintegrated grey matter would be anywhere near to the capability of caring.

We all feel that way sometimes. Well, most of the time. We all get the same. And sooner or later, we all come to a point where we convince ourselves that we are as close to giving a fuck as a volcano would come close to spitting ice. We all get there. You care, you cry. So why care, right?

But sometimes people forget. Because it’s not all ‘you care, you cry’. There’s also ‘you care, you laugh.’ I know, who am I kidding, the ratio of ‘cry’ to ‘laugh’ would most probably be like 999999x10^9 : 1x10^-9. In terms of words, Existent : Non-existent. Okay, maybe that was a bit of a hyperbole, but you get my point.

In life, we all take chances. Or we don’t. But either way, we cry and we laugh. People say they don’t give a rat’s fart. Some say they don’t give a shit. But they do. If they don’t, they wouldn’t even be talking to you in the first place. They wouldn’t even be ‘seeing’ you. Sometimes we all just need somebody to hear us say it, let it out, so we can go back to caring again.

People get hurt all the time, so they learn, or think they’ve learnt how not to get hurt anymore, by not caring and not feeling. But most of the time they do, and they get hurt all over again. But somewhere out there, the unknown is waiting, waiting for people to take chances again, and again, until they get ‘you care, you laugh.’

Spend the rest of your life crying, or spend it searching for that laugh you’ve been waiting for. The ratio is up for you to set.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LeWriter; 03-23-2014 at 02:19 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 06:38 PM
Mark_Hooper

When I go to this: "999999x10^9 : 1x10^-9" I quit reading.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Or you can search for peace inside.

What other people do doesn't have to affect you.

We choose to allow injury or healing.

Don't look for what you can get out of an encounter.

Look to see what you can do for them.

You'll be surprised at what comes your way.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustcallmeEd For This Useful Post:
LeWriter (03-28-2014)
Old 03-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Rei (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 257

You definitely need more to this for it to mean much to anyone. It's stuff we've heard a million times. The writing itself is okay, but the content needs more, or else it feels very empty. The people who you want to listen to you won't hear it, and the people who are of the same opinion as you don't need to hear it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rei For This Useful Post:
LeWriter (03-28-2014)

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction