WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

Static Movement

Old 06-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Jay (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
Loyal Member

Thanks 23
Static Movement

Now accepting submissions for JULY!
August will be by invitation only - Invitations from the staff will go out in the month of June to give everyone asked and who is willing a few months to write something for us to enjoy...

Static Movement is a monthly online magazine. We are a 'For the Love' market, no payment is made for stories.
Word limit on short stories 5,000 words. Flash 1,000
Fifty (50) line limit for poetry.
Non-Fiction is slice of life. Simultaneous submissions okay.
No gratuitous sex or violence, no child abuse stories. No profanity. Submissions with these things will be rejected. (For your information, gratuitous means for no good reason, don't throw it in there if it doesn't add to the story. I (the publisher) don't really like sex stories, so there is a hint for you.) We do not publish erotica.

We accept submissions through Smeerp. Since my email was hijacked, we are only taking subs from Smeerp, sorry. Once in Smeerp, follow the directions to upload your work. This way, you can log back in and see where your story is in the process. This way, I won't lose your story. This is not really much different than some other zines that have an online form to fill out where you submit your work through their form instead of emailing it.

FORMAT:

Specify genre of your story in the subject line.

***Single space, one blank line between paragraphs.****

Don't indent the first line of a paragraph.

Please follow this format or I'll send it back, I'm spending too much time fixing stories, it's easy, genre, single space, one space btwn paragraphs, and Do Not Indent.

Page Updated 5/31/06

There is a bounded angel on their homepage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets