WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > The Notice Board

The Notice Board All site related announcements will be here.

Double trouble!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
HoiLei (Offline)
Draw, o coward!

Thanks 483
Default Double trouble!

That's right, we decided to double our trouble and our fun... not with double-mint gum, but with some fresh, minty green robes for another member! Night Wanderer, long-time member and all around good egg, has joined our staff as a moderator!

NW, we're glad to have you on our team. I'm sure you'll show the same cool-headed, good humored side as a mod that you did as a regular member.

Everyone, a round of applause!
HoiLei
Site Administration.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Congratulations, NW, you mad, night-roaming, newbie-munching lunatic you. Now, just try to keep the blood off your robes, at least for the first day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 PM
SW (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 160

Whooo!!!

Well done!

NW, wait for the Senior Mod position. Then your little brother can come in as a green mod and it's a family... something. Staff. Whatever.

Have a coffee, since you're too young for a beer (or aren't you?).

Maybe a cookie, albeit one I've already eaten.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Old 07-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Night Wanderer (Offline)
Midnight nomad

Thanks 252

Originally Posted by Q Wands View Post
Congratulations, NW, you mad, night-roaming, newbie-munching lunatic you. Now, just try to keep the blood off your robes, at least for the first day.
Ooh. Oops. Wish you'd said that a bit sooner. Does it come out?

Originally Posted by SW
NW, wait for the Senior Mod position. Then your little brother can come in as a green mod and it's a family... something. Staff. Whatever.
Alack! You've uncovered our evil plan! Winter and I are taking over the site. I hope you like rat-infested dungeons!!! Oh...wait. You would, wouldn't you? Family reunion of sorts...

Have a coffee, since you're too young for a beer (or aren't you?).
No. No, I'm not. Give that beer right over.

Love ya too, Tauy! (Huh. Apparently there are some names you just can't affectionately add 'y' to.)
Old 07-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Ooooooo, NW, such glorious Green!

Oh my! Such a MODern lady, and ecologically fashionable and fetching you are in your fine kelly robes. Cut the hem nice and short so we can see those pretty stems of yours, and unsnap a few buttons at the collar so we can bask in the bounty of your earthy bosom. Glory be, NW, you're going to make all us fellahs into green eyed monsters filled with envy, or...I suspect something else entirely. Heh-heh-heh... Cheers, Love. Congrats.

Jimmy Out.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:25 AM
mattimeo (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 28

Good job NW! Wait, you aren't a tyrant leader are you? Or a crime lord? Well, h-how 'bout zombie? You're not a zombie are you? If not than. . .YAY! NW is a member of staff!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Ilseum (Offline)
Fantastic Little Fox

Thanks 635

Yayy *applaudes and jumps around happily*

And trouble it shall be

Glad you've joined the Green Robes as well!
Old 07-18-2009, 06:30 AM
Night Wanderer (Offline)
Midnight nomad

Thanks 252

Originally Posted by Slick-Jimmy View Post
Ooooooo, NW, such glorious Green!

Oh my! Such a MODern lady, and ecologically fashionable and fetching you are in your fine kelly robes. Cut the hem nice and short so we can see those pretty stems of yours, and unsnap a few buttons at the collar so we can bask in the bounty of your earthy bosom. Glory be, NW, you're going to make all us fellahs into green eyed monsters filled with envy, or...I suspect something else entirely. Heh-heh-heh... Cheers, Love. Congrats.

Jimmy Out.
Now, now...this is Writer's Beat, not Moderators Gone Wild.

Originally Posted by mattimeo View Post
Good job NW! Wait, you aren't a tyrant leader are you? Or a crime lord? Well, h-how 'bout zombie? You're not a zombie are you? If not than. . .YAY! NW is a member of staff!
*pauses from scrubbing blood off robe* What's that? Oh...no, don't worry, Mattimeo, none of those. *resumes*

Originally Posted by Ilseum
And trouble it shall be
Just remember, 'trouble' backwards is 'elbuort'! Which puts me under no constraints whatsoever. Bwa-ha-ha.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Daedalus (Offline)
The Few, The Proud.
Official Member

Thanks 61

Congratulations, NW. I suspected this was in the pipeline, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your brother being an admin. We were considering making you staff when I was still a part of the backstage sheninigans. The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took them so damned long to give you your green robes! Maybe they were afraid of the cries of "nepotism" that might have happened, but anyone who has been a part of this site knows how much you deserve to be a mod. You've been a friendly presence and a consistent critiquer, and that's what Writer's Beat is all about.

So congratulations.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

NW, the only guaranteed way to get blood out of your robes is to find a vampire to suck it out. Where's that Castiel when you need her?

Old 07-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Night Wanderer (Offline)
Midnight nomad

Thanks 252

Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Congratulations, NW. I suspected this was in the pipeline, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with your brother being an admin. We were considering making you staff when I was still a part of the backstage sheninigans. The only thing I'm surprised about is that it took them so damned long to give you your green robes! Maybe they were afraid of the cries of "nepotism" that might have happened, but anyone who has been a part of this site knows how much you deserve to be a mod. You've been a friendly presence and a consistent critiquer, and that's what Writer's Beat is all about.

So congratulations.
Thanks, Daed! By the way...can I have that hug now? I don't think it's awkward at all.

Originally Posted by Q Wands
NW, the only guaranteed way to get blood out of your robes is to find a vampire to suck it out. Where's that Castiel when you need her?
Fine time for her to go on furlough! My laundry is more important!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Daedalus (Offline)
The Few, The Proud.
Official Member

Thanks 61

Originally Posted by Night Wanderer View Post
Thanks, Daed! By the way...can I have that hug now? I don't think it's awkward at all.
Hmm . . . interesting. I don't recall offering any hugs, but what the hell. *Hugs Night Wanderer*.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I know what you're talking about, but I'm going to remain tight-lipped about that.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 871

There goes the neighborhood. Real estate values will take another hit and before you know it this place will be a ghost town of foreclosures and weed grown memories.

Congrats you...you...you Mod!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 722

I guess this means that I have to stop fake PMing you that you're in trouble now. . .

Old 07-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

NW said:
Now, now...this is Writer's Beat, not Moderators Gone Wild.
I thought it was always Moderators Gone Crazy around here, or at least that's how it seemed. I just thought adding little spice to your sugar would be nice. Heh... You know like Devil In A Green Dress? Isn't that how the song goes?

NW! Stop throwing pencils at me! It was only a joke. Everybody knows you'd be sexy in a burka anyway. Geez! Stop! I'm gonna' get lead poisoning!

I still say a lil' green go-go outfit complete with shiny green knee high boots would look just groovy, baby. Like-a so...

So very shagadelic... Oh Behave!

Ouch! Dang it! That one hurt! Now I'm going have to get a tetanus shot.

You try to pay somebody a complement, and this is the thanks you get...

(Jimmy gathers his towering dignity about him, and strolls casually out of frame, studiously ignoring the #2 Ticonderoga pencil sticking out of his right deltoid.)

Slick Jimmy Has Left The Building...

Last edited by Slick-Jimmy; 07-18-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Old 07-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

Congrats, NW! Nice to have you on board.

Now . . . Slick-Jimmy? Where the heck have you been?

Twisty mind candy:

Old 07-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Night Wanderer (Offline)
Midnight nomad

Thanks 252

Hmm . . . interesting. I don't recall offering any hugs, but what the hell. *Hugs Night Wanderer*.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I know what you're talking about, but I'm going to remain tight-lipped about that.
It could have just been a trick to get a hug. You never know.

Originally Posted by Gaines View Post
There goes the neighborhood. Real estate values will take another hit and before you know it this place will be a ghost town of foreclosures and weed grown memories.

Congrats you...you...you Mod!
Nope. You can never leave. That's what the barbed wire is for. *points to fences* They thought of that before they promoted me.

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I guess this means that I have to stop fake PMing you that you're in trouble now. . .
Those were fake?? I've spent nights crying over them! :frown:

NW said:

I thought it was always Moderators Gone Crazy around here, or at least that's how it seemed. I just thought adding little spice to your sugar would be nice. Heh... You know like Devil In A Green Dress? Isn't that how the song goes?

NW! Stop throwing pencils at me! It was only a joke. Everybody knows you'd be sexy in a burka anyway. Geez! Stop! I'm gonna' get lead poisoning!

I still say a lil' green go-go outfit complete with shiny green knee high boots would look just groovy, baby. Like-a so...

So very shagadelic... Oh Behave!

Ouch! Dang it! That one hurt! Now I'm going have to get a tetanus shot.

You try to pay somebody a complement, and this is the thanks you get...

(Jimmy gathers his towering dignity about him, and strolls casually out of frame, studiously ignoring the #2 Ticonderoga pencil sticking out of his right deltoid.)

Slick Jimmy Has Left The Building...
Oh, dear. I have some work to do on this thing. Here's how it looks right now. It's not even green...more dark turquoise. And it's not even my size...I must have gotten someone's castoff. I'll have to order a new one. Better write down my measurements and -- damn! No pencils left!
Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Oh, dear. I have some work to do on this thing. Here's how it looks right now. It's not even green...more dark turquoise. And it's not even my size...I must have gotten someone's castoff. I'll have to order a new one. Better write down my measurements and -- damn! No pencils left!
Fetching. And so very you.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Night Wanderer (Offline)
Midnight nomad

Thanks 252

Aren't you the one who called me weird yesterday?
Old 07-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Dev asked:
Now . . . Slick-Jimmy? Where the heck have you been?
Howzit, Dev?

Still wearing the Blue I see. Looks good on you. I still think you should give emeritus Mods and Admins purple. No responsibility comes with the color, but it is a sign of respect for past service.

Anyway... How's tricks? Good, I hope.

I've been over hill and dale upon a dusty trail, but there were no Caissons. Just a lot of work and no time. I'll try to drop in frequently, but I'm not sure I can with daily regularity. Ah well, you'll have to do without my bawdy brand of ribaldry. I'm sure everyone will survive and prosper, and probably be the better for it.

So yeah...There you have it.

Meh... Surprisingly, I'm at a general dead calm in my thinking at the present moment, and have nothing very witty or even quipy to relate or say. That must be a great relief for you. Or maybe you're crushed that I'm not paying more attention to you. I never can tell how the female mind will react, but it's always an adventure. Okay, now I'm just rambling...

Ho-hum...

Lovely to talk to you again, in any case. Published anything lately? Book? Short Story? Magazine Article? Multilevel Scheme Pamphlet? I've been working for a local web design company, writing snappy page patter for other diverse client companies. Interview and research; what a combo. Boring as hell, and the pay sucks, but I guess you got to start somewhere, right?

Yep. That's me.

Living Mr. Toad's wild ride.

Sooooo, uuuuuh, yeah.

Hugs In Oodles And Kaboodles.

Jimmy Out.

Last edited by Slick-Jimmy; 07-18-2009 at 10:12 AM..
Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 AM
HoiLei (Offline)
Draw, o coward!

Thanks 483

I still think you should give emeritus Mods and Admins purple. No responsibility comes with the color, but it is a sign of respect for past service.
Interesting! They do get to keep custom user titles when they go back to regular member status. Check out Q Wands or Daedalus to see what I mean.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

I've actually got the forum-issue title for my post ranking, but I suppose I could change it back to something unique if I wanted to. Actually, I might think about doing that now that there are other Resident Ghosts. Hmmm ... *Q wanders off looking for inspiration and crisp, amber refershment*

Originally Posted by Night Wanderer
Aren't you the one who called me weird yesterday?
Yep, that was me. 'Bout three in the morning my time, I believe it was. Not that I'm trying to get out of it. I stand by what I said.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

So you look like a frumpy teal ninja muslim? What a waste! I can find you some much better harem attire than that old thing, trust me... Do come out into the light, my genie in a burka, and meet the Sultan of Swaggerstan. You give me your measurements, and I'll see that you get the threads. And, girl, I do mean threads. But I want lots pictures and video. Reciprocity, lass, is always the name of the game.

And a Dance of the Seven Veils. Definitely. Bells, cymbals, swords; the whole nine yards of diaphanous gossamer silk.

Ha! I kill myself!

Jimmy Out.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Night Wanderer (Offline)
Midnight nomad

Thanks 252

Nine yards? I don't see how that would be much better than my ninja burqua. Measurements? Sure... 40-12-33. (I may or may not be rounding.)
Old 07-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Slick-Jimmy (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 134

Well damn, NW!

40-12-33?! Are you sure you're not Jessica Rabbit? I have got to see that, and its not the cut of the outfit, or the lack thereof, but the sheer delight of the fabric. It might just be a nine yard scarf, and we'll see how fast we can turn you into a whirling dervish by pullin' that lil' ol' rip cord. Wind 'er up and let her spin! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Jimmy Out.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:55 PM
HoiLei (Offline)
Draw, o coward!

Thanks 483

12? At the waist?? Even Scarlet O'Hara didn't manage that... with stays! Maybe you're missing a few ribs.

As for the amount of fabric... In my dancing, a ten-yard skirt is standard. The yardage is measured by the amount at the bottom hem. I just bought a 25 yard skirt which I can't wait to get! The fun is in the twirl and weight of that much fabric from the hips. Wheee!
Old 07-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Daedalus (Offline)
The Few, The Proud.
Official Member

Thanks 61

I still think you should give emeritus Mods and Admins purple. No responsibility comes with the color, but it is a sign of respect for past service.
Good to see you back, Jimmy. I always enjoyed reading your posts.

That sounds like an interesting idea, but it could cause some confusion. The new members might think we were still moderators. Of course, there's nothing they could ask that we wouldn't know or couldn't point them in the direction of Devon, HoiLei, or Winterbite. Of course, an extra legend at the bottom of the screen would solve any problems.

Still, it's a lot of work to set up new legends, different colour schemes, and make sure we have no permissions. Too much work, perhaps, for what it's worth. That's up to the staff, of course.

Still, I enjoyed my time on staff (as I'm sure Q Wands did) and I'm not looking for any recognition for it. Plus, there are a lot of people who are ex-staff, and they would need to be all changed to purple. Like I said, a lot of work.

But interesting, nonetheless.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Plus, there are a lot of people who are ex-staff, and they would need to be all changed to purple. Like I said, a lot of work.

But interesting, nonetheless.
Over three years, there are quite a few! Best we stay anonymous.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Daedalus (Offline)
The Few, The Proud.
Official Member

Thanks 61

Originally Posted by Q Wands View Post
Over three years, there are quite a few! Best we stay anonymous.
Exactly! Anonymity's great for wreaking havoc!

Just kidding. Wouldn't want to give NW early work in her new position.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > The Notice Board