Board Games Get it? "Board" games.

3 paragraph story game.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 212
Default 3 paragraph story game.

Hey guys, I don't know if this would work. But I had the idea of doing a game on here where somone would create 3 paragraphs of a story, and then someone else would come on and do the next three paragraphs.

If you limit everyone's post to one post a day, you'd have, in theory, a whole bunch of people creating a small bit of the story and taking it to a place far removed from where the orgional post was.

Think of all the crazy things that could happen, different people have different genres they like, they could be including elements of fantasy, sci fi horror, adventure.

creating new charectors in the middle of things,

that says nothing about how people percieve the direction of the story in the first place. What sounds like a jolly good time to me or you may be depressing or horrific to another person, and their bits may change things completley.

There would have to be some rules ofcourse, maybe the actual story would have to be in a different color so people wouldn't confuse it with comments about the story?

And the amount of time that can pass in a single post.

And how much dialouge you can have? Can we even do dialouge?

What do you guys think? Would this work? Would this be acceptable?

Check out my blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:07 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 920

yes do please proceed, it sounds fun!!
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 06-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

what the hell...

All we need is two people right?

Maybe I can get this started tomorrow. Unless someone else wants to start ...
Check out my blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 920

yes do..just start it I am sure members will join..
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 06-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

Alright, here goes everyone, I don't have a name for this game and I don't really have any rules but what the fudge, right?

We can make them all up as we go.

I'm gonna write a small micro piece, I'm only gonna post once a day. Anyone else on here can add to this, there are no rules, you can take the story anywhere you want.

All I ask is, to avoid confusion, write in size 4 text when you do the story. So comments don't get confused with the tale.

And lets not put any limit on legnth. Just try not to put more than a page on your word processor.

This story doesn't have a name yet. Maybe we can all come up with one organically...

Eric was banging on Dani's front door as hard as he could. There was no way she didn't hear him. The nieghbors heard him. What the hell?

"Dude! Go home! She doens't wanna talk to you!"

"Shut up, Mr. Henderson! You have no idea what this is about!"

Mr. Henderson was a vietnam vet. This is what it had come to. Eric was yelling at vietnam vets now.

Finally, Dani opened the door. Eric ran into the living room without being invited.

"I really missed up this time, Dan! You look great by the way ..."

"I was watching this sick MMA fight from India," she said, locking the door and brushing her red hair out of her face. She pretty much pushed him out of the way as she ran back to the couch. "This guy got hit in the nuts twice and he still comes back and wins it. Unanimous decision."

"Dani! I opened a hell gate!"

"What is that? Some sex position? Stop bragging, dude."

"No! Me and the guys! We opened a portal into hell! There's demons and stuff! They dragged us into there! I barley got out alive!"

"The guys?"

"Kevin and Raj! They're dead! They're dead!"

"You're putting me on!"

And just as she said that, a bat flew the window! 11 AM on a sunday morning. And a bat flew threw the window, through a storm of broken glass.

And was it just Eric's fancy? Or was it smiling?

Check out my blog:
Old 06-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

can't make the text bigger in a quick post so I'll type in red. Not the best start here. But I'll keep this going for a week maybe. See if anyone joins in.

Dani would guess that most bats weren't as large as this one, the one that had flown threw her window and latched on to Eric's head. And she knew for a fact that they didn't talk, mostly.

"I am the harbinger!" It shrieked. "I am the first of many! You're soul is ours, Eric Hansen! And all the souls in this plane!"

"he's biting my head! Get him off! Get him off!"

Dani got over her shock, grabbed the bat off her friend and walked over to the microwave. She jammed it in there and set the thing for 20 minutes.

There was a loud bang as the bat exploded all over the insides of the microwave.

Eric just looked at her, blooding streaming from her face. "Wow ..."

"Yeah," she said. "That was the first thing that popped in my head. Anyway, what's this about a hellgate?"
Check out my blog:

Last edited by Rooster Smith; 06-19-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Wouldn't it be more fun to wait until another member has posted?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

Tons.

But after 3 days, I'd thought I'd post the next bit. I'll leave it for a while ...
Check out my blog:
Old 06-20-2012, 02:01 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

I once started a game similar to this one, and it died too. Sometimes that happens, don't feel bad about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
Rooster Smith (06-20-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 491

Perhaps this just needs a quicker premise.

"Fight!"

Hair was pulled!

Richly colored fake nails clawed flesh!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:58 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Eyes popped, like eggs in a microwave and blood flowed, rich and tasty. He lapped at it delighting in the coppery taste. He craved the iron, the strength human blood brought his demon body.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Rooster Smith (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 212

Ahhhhhh!!!!! You're messing with continuity !!!

The demons already dead!!!!

Whoa, sorry guys, I really place emphasis on continuity ...

yeah, maybe a three sentence game instead? Maybe I'll post something tomorrow....

although the choose your own adventure might be a funner thread ...
Check out my blog:

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games