WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

What Drives You Insane

Old 05-25-2013, 02:10 PM
teenwriter (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Location: Wait.... are you trying to stalk me?!?! Fine, it's 42
Thanks 20
Default What Drives You Insane

A random bit, from the theme Magic Tome 3 (I may use it as the intro). This is from the point of view of Jeffrey, a time-traveling, shape-shifting Mena. I don't know how clear this will come across without the knowledge of Mena/the Space Wars, the foundations of which were laid down in the first two books, so any question, feel free to ask!

My people say war drives one insane.

I disagree.

I have fought in the most horrific of wars: the Second Space War. I saw friends I have known since my childhood beaten and slaughtered. I saw my own mother tortured to death before my eyes.

But that was not what drove me insane.

The cause of the Second Space War was the solution of the first—locking up the Space Element. For a thousand years, it wandered a fifth of my planet, talking to no one but itself, cut off completely from the rest of the universe.

It went insane. When it was released, it slaughtered everything in its path. Most everything died—but only once.

It knew who I was. It knew I was the Strong Though Young, and instead of killing me, it locked me in its old prison, leaving me for a thousand more years to die a thousand deaths.

But that was not what drove me insane.

What drove me insane was a girl named Kathrine—a girl that must be killed at all costs. A girl that, to save my people, I must ruthlessly lead on until she was completely, madly in love with me. A girl that was the pinnacle of a thousand-year prophecy born in the First Space War. A girl known on my world only as The One Born Of Flames, revered as both goddess and demon.

Kathrine Foster—the love of my life.

Last edited by teenwriter; 05-25-2013 at 02:19 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to teenwriter For This Useful Post:
Essam Eldin (05-25-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Wow. My brother-in-law is gonna be pissed at you (my sister's married name is Kathryn Foster).

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing