WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hello!

Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 PM
O. Snow (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Hello!

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the writing community, and rather excited to be among other writers to be quite honest. It gets a bit tiring having people tell you how silly it is to pursue writing, or that reading is a waste of time. I hope this proves to be a pleasant change of pace, and I look forward to having fun with everyone here!

O. Snow

Old 12-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Redlorry

Hello O. Snow,

Who are these people that tell you writing is silly and reading is a waste of time. I insist you give up communicating with them at once!

Just kidding.

You won't find anyone here with that kind of belief (hopefully ).

Anyway, welcome to Writer's Beat. We love getting new members. Please take a few minutes to read through our FAQs if you haven't already, just to get an understanding for how we work.

Then once you made your contribution to five existing threads (we do love critique around here, hint, hint), dive on in and show us what you've got!

I look forward to see you around the forum.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Whiskers (Offline)
Picturing the Scene

Thanks 498

Hi Snow.

Nah, it's not silly. Tiring, fast-paced, tail-chasing, but not silly.

Please take time to read through the FAQ. It has all the guidelines you'll need on posting an participating.

Hopefully I'll see you around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Website warning: No under 18s (21 in some areas).
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Ilseum (Offline)
Fantastic Little Fox

Thanks 635

Hey there! Welcome to WB!

As Lorry said, you can be sure to find a lot of people here who love writing and who love reading, so you've come to the right place

Grab a cup of crunchy tea and a lollipop, make yourself at home . . . and I look forward to seeing you around!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 AM
O. Snow (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Thank you for being so welcoming everyone, I'll do my best to be constructive, and of course not to turn out absolute slush when I eventually do post my writing!

My Blog-
Old 12-04-2013, 05:42 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the writing community, and rather excited to be among other writers to be quite honest. It gets a bit tiring having people tell you how silly it is to pursue writing, or that reading is a waste of time. I hope this proves to be a pleasant change of pace, and I look forward to having fun with everyone here! O. Snow
("...no, to write is very silly indeed, only that not to write seems sillier still, so there you go then, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't, just stop if you can, while you still can too, for the muse doesn't not go back into her bottle, becoming a shared life here if ever there was one.." ventured the goblin, and suspecting too, that where the majority was the norm, then by that default these writertypes and pauperpoets here just had to be abnormal for being in the minority now, smiling "...so be aware then, for what you write writes you back with no return it seems...", and with that the goblin tapped lightly upon the red welcoming carpet turning it momentarily green like a traffic light, saying "...race you now, for this shared life is not so bad by way of an exchange for that which you have lived up till this point, save that you can't go back afterwards, ah no it doesn't work out like that does it, for you can never go back if you go forward...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-04-2013 at 12:49 PM..
Old 12-04-2013, 09:53 AM
efoshee1 (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 7

Originally Posted by O. Snow View Post
It gets a bit tiring having people tell you how silly it is to pursue writing, or that reading is a waste of time.
I get that a lot also. It is discouraging when someone tells you that you can't do something. I hope we can do better than that for you here nice to meet you Snow. You can call me Liz.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:16 PM
risk10 (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 280

O. Snow,

I suggest you move on. Nobody here likes writing, it's a frivolity tantamount to spending one's time day dreaming a life away.

...And reading, bah! Give me one person who has ever done anything worthwhile because they read.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:47 PM
enormousrooms (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Old 12-06-2013, 11:04 PM
enormousrooms (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Welcome
Old 12-07-2013, 01:45 AM
dirgemonkey (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 6

Dont worry, we all turn out slush of one sort or another. We must start somewhere, and I have a feeling that since we're all kind of in the same boat- just different skill levels- we'll all understand and encourage. Don't pay any attention to anyone who says such things about reading and writing. Good luck, and welcome!

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions