WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 08-22-2012, 10:15 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

early morning and a heatwave has already reduced the goblin's mind to auxiliary thinking once more, saying "...ah no, I'm not writing this week, instead I'm just fighting to type each word into the slot in a begrudged fashion...", simply, the usually welcome cloudless windless sky told the casual observer to show caution, and somehow the goblin too, knew that any walking distance would have to be measured in ice cream where the route will be the one with the most shade, saying "...and to think of here as a summer destination for tourists, though admittedly it's unbearably beautiful..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-23-2012 at 12:47 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (08-23-2012), Jats (08-23-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 10:16 PM
maidahl

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
early morning and a heatwave has already reduced the goblin's mind to auxiliary thinking once more, saying "...ah no, I'm not writing this week, instead I'm just fighting to type each word into the slot in a begrudged fashion...", simply, the usually welcome cloudless windless sky told the casual observer to show caution, and somehow the goblin too, knew that any walking distance would have to be measured in ice cream where the route will be the one with the most shade, saying "...and to think of here as a summer destination for tourists, though admittedly it's unbearably beautiful..."

(picture to follow, imagehost is down)
IMGUR dudde. imagehost is for noobs
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...I usually use photobucket, where Jats uses imageshack, where I should use imageshack too I know but old habits die hard..." replied the goblin thanking maidahl)

repost from elsewhere

and so, the now somewhat daylight saved goblin returned to take another crack at posting, and to note too how the thread was evolving perhaps into what he originally wished for, a communal journal between posters, much in the style of those victorian journals perhaps, saying "...yet today we are feeding too, where feeding to this extent is something new, although it happens to a less extent in books and letters, becoming open correspondence perhaps, yet here one feeds the slot with one's thoughts only to feed upon those posts of others, and where for want of a better name I call this livewriting...", in fact, the goblin guessed that one became a livewriter the moment one stored one's posts to polish them, the goblin also knew that each livewriter was a persona, in other words a representation of him or herself on forumland then, where one could be either as near to the person in one's dailylife, or as distant from it, as one wished for, where whatever one wrote became another facet of oneself then, so, unlike books, that distance between the work and the author has became narrowed if not gone entirely, just that one was here as whatever one portrayed each time, and everything seemed so live by it, revolutionary even

147 3003 59936

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-23-2012 at 01:06 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (08-23-2012), Jats (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

Originally Posted by maidahl View Post
^Johnny: Can you explain your quote about psychodrugs?

Well I'll try.

Bill Hicks was a beautifully complex individual you see, and it's a shame we can't ask him. He's the angry conscience, the type of voice which induces riposte from intellectuals who'll say something like "that's nice", y'know, it's nice to point out the problems but if you wanna do something you better get on the playing field. What they don't tell you is the playing field is pretty much a den of iniquity, a horrible place which yields the stench of carrion, booby-trapped with double-speak, jargon, loopholes, technicalities and instead of turfed... newly tarred, hot and sticky. Even if you find some super-Jesus type, who by some miraculous turn of events manages to get their limbs into gear in this environment, the team owners just cheat, generally with snipers.

I digress, what was the question? Drugs? Drugs are bad mmmkay. Don't do drugs. Mmm I'm so high right now... God I love everything.

See that was Bill's angle, he would like drop five grams of shrooms and lie in a field for four hours just loving everything. Y'know, when you get that profound affinity with a daisy... or say "this tree is my brother!" for hours, totally convinced. Bill made the distinction between fear and love and also promoted the idea that we are all one, and that nature is sacred. He'd scream things like "how the fuck are we going to justify the military budget when we realise that we're all one... I mean it's going to fuck up the economy! The economy that's fake anyway!" These are the "nice" things the intellectuals see as ineffectual. But if nature is sacred, then we're all sacred, and if we're all one, then conflict loses point.

So, I think when Bill said "Your denial is beneath you", he meant "You don't realise what you are" and thanks to hallucinogens I can see that.

Last edited by JohnConstantine; 08-23-2012 at 04:12 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JohnConstantine For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-23-2012), Grace Gabriel (08-23-2012), Jats (08-23-2012), Loz (08-23-2012), luckyme (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 06:56 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...I always come away uneased and yet appreciating your posts John..." went the goblin, adding "...where like with Jats's posts a second read has me think "why but yes of course"...")

repost from elsewhere

"...if you want to get an idea about livewriing, just think that your readers have turned up here to listen to your recital now, yes it's still your story I suppose just that you're ever the storyteller in the middle of it, while they're part of the plot too, simply they feed you your thoughts while you are expected to exact your response back to them each time, interaction in posts perhaps, modern correspondence then, ping pong even..."

146 3005posts 60000hits
Grace Gabriel (08-23-2012), Jats (08-23-2012), Loz (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,245

So. My son starts school in two weeks time. Every shop window is bedecked with charcoal pinafore skirts and teflon-coated school trousers lest I forget. The department stores have become a lush, claustrophobic jungle of autumnal wool mixes and acres of freshly ploughed brown corduroy. You can hardly get your shopping cart along the dense aisles of faux Peruvian knitwear or rails of pastel cashmere without choking on furballs or swelling up with rabbit allergy. No, we're not ready for this - still being in our summer-induced feral state. The rhythm of routines, stringent bedtimes and mealtimes were all dispensed with weeks ago. We are tanned. Dishevelled. Out late. Up late. Inadequately nourished on Ginster's pasties and Cornish ice cream. My son has mastered smooth gear changes in his capacity as co-pilot. He's word perfect on 'The Ace Of Spades'. He can recite the Little Chef menu verbatum. The holiday bedtime routine consists of reclining the passenger seat and tucking a cardigan around his shoulders. The back seat is a laundry mound of sodden towels, salty swimming trunks, and discarded sweatshirts. The dashboard glitters with sand and slicks of sun cream. Who knows when he last brushed his teeth? Who cares? We'll get our shit together next week. Right now - we're happy...

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 08-23-2012 at 09:01 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-23-2012), Jats (08-23-2012), Loz (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Loz closes her eyes and rolls on to her side enjoying the brush of clean sheets that kiss her bare flesh. With a long sigh she rolls on to her back, then to her stomach, then to her side again. Sentences float at the edge of her mind. She's acutely aware of bright light flittering through a gap in the curtains. A small breeze bangs the door she forgot to close fully, against the frame repeatedly, annoyingly. With a languid stretch and yawn she rises from the bed and pads defeated through to the living room. Meanwhile her thoughts remain on the secrets uncovered in the walls of a home that's not quite yet a home, and excitement bubbles in her mind while her weary body gives out beneath her and she flops on the sofa. "I'm my own worst enemy," Loz says, her mind and body constantly at battle. Taking a deep breath in then out, she reaches for her lap top and pops by for a hello, thoroughly enjoying the beauty of Grace's words before she chooses a warm snuggly outfit and heads off out to watch horror movies in a dark, dark forest - excitement soon to be turned into fear, another reason not to sleep at night again, her body screams at her . . . oh, but oh so worth it, her sated mind replies.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-23-2012), Grace Gabriel (08-23-2012), Jats (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...it's "just a ride" JC, and well done Flea, one from me then...oh, and I use several image hosting sites now, and when they suddenly try to force me to pay for it I fuck off to another one, with another Jats account. The cheeky bastards, just wait until they want to sponsor me...

Jats plucked each seed head off with a twist slipping them into the sack looped through his belt working through the meadow lazily and enjoying the nature show kicked up by his boots though glancing around occasionally to check on the boys who were now poking sticks down rabbit holes on the other side of the brook on what should have been an idyllic day yet was bitter sweet now upon hearing the news where despite it all Jats couldn't help imagine her naked, one last time then "...so the banks lend you money to get your business going, and the business does very well, very well indeed, and for ten, twenty years you pay the banks their charges, as agreed, and they keep lending you money, every year, a formality, so you expand, keep doing well, employing over a hundred staff in the process who have families and mortgages too, until one year, the banks just say no, they have lost all the money and even though we have given them a load more they keep that too, or pay off their debts, and just stop lending, to anyone, not that they stop there mind you, in the process they effectively ruin the business and force it into administration, cus how else are the banks going to make money otherwise now, how do they satisfy their shareholders, yes that's it, that's the next short term grab of cash happening now, seeing as it's not technically illegal of course, immoral though is another question, but when as that ever stopped them then..." all picked now Jats almost wipes a tear looking back, years in the making and despite the shitty summer it looked beautiful this year with so much more to come too only to probably be mown over next year by some Neanderthal, but, as Jats whistles the boys over to help carry a bag each stacked by his feet, 'they wont get their sweaty hands on these the greedy bastards' Jats mumbles loud enough for the boys to hear and giggle to, no these seeds will be sewn elsewhere then

Last edited by Jats; 08-25-2012 at 09:36 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-23-2012), Grace Gabriel (08-23-2012), Loz (08-23-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

"Aw, what a gooden" says Loz, impressed by that post, another prime example of exactly why she's not a live-writer ... 1. she's just not good at it, and 2. there's no urge to conquer forumland, more a desire to reach and stroke its parameter. She's more than happy curled up in the safety of her little home, nibbling on carrots, tail swishing side to side, writing only to say thanks to the posters who put the dinner on her plate. No, not a livewriter, but perhaps a live-reader then. After scrolling over the board, she finally forcing herself to up, out of the living room and down on to her bed. She'll dream no doubt, of breakfast to come ...

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-24-2012), Jats (08-26-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 09:18 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...love that post Loz, so true too..." replied the goblin, smiling "...nothing is forced upon you now, but I doubt that anyone can truly stop posting...")

repost from elsewhere

and with that the goblin, thanked the lannister dwarf and wondered if there was a second glass going then, saying "...why oh why do you write so well when you care to, only to offer so little on this forum in your other posts, I mean don't you ever get the feeling that someone who wrote as well as you do could build something of yourself far bigger than all those hoops and hurdles of that declining bookworld, or those no one reads ego blogs that people rightly feel unequal under...", at which point the goblin explained a bit, saying "...as xxxxx says, forumland is one of the fastest reading segments on the intenet going now, second only to facebook, where most people simply don't have the time to read books, and where that clock is unlikely to turn back to passive bookreading any time soon, so where does leave the writer faced with the wish to write for a sense of audience here, ok you might laugh at the idea of a persona, but try as we may we are all personas on forumland anyway, moreover, it one of the easiest ways to be remembered amongst all these usernames here, take for example a real name like xxxxx xxxxx I mean few are ever going to remember that name, even though his posts are very well written, but then again just imagine if he then decided to become dolly the dinosaur here, I mean, how could anyone not possibly remember him like that, his books would become known across forumland..." but joking apart, both fleamailman the goblin and JATS the chameleon were old hands at this, it was just panto perhaps but the trick was reader involvement rather than just being read, an actual replyship then rather than some passive readership here

147 3010 60198

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-25-2012 at 08:33 AM..
Jats (08-26-2012), Loz (08-25-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 01:15 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, the "someone please read my excerpts"" thread, the goblin passing the buck to someone more experienced

and with that the goblin spoke, saying "...rumor has it that there is a fierce dragon, that lives in northern parts of the rain swept island across the channel from known civilization, a dragon whose ability to write and moreover correct excerpts like yours is second to none, for his, yes it is thought male now, books are like mandatory reading to any would be writer, but first you must appease and befriend him saying stuff like "oh yes, I do love chip buttys" and "children in clogs working down coal mines are cool", reminding him that you too are a member of the wwf, better known as the world writers fund now, and then, and only then, will dolly the dinosaur alias xxxxx answer your call here, ah but let me guess, he had you fooled into thinking he was human even, well doesn't that just go to show just how talented he really is now...", and with that the goblin just tried to find those little somethings that would match the mood of this post again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOWJECdobqk

Jats (08-26-2012), Loz (08-25-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 09:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, new,

washing what, your soul?
"...xxxxx, what is it you face when you have an open slot in front of you, where time itself seems slowed down with one's post, where yes, you give it your interpretation but more than that you know for yourself, where like seeing ghosts then, you can't prove that is what is it is to anyone else, moreover, what does it matter whether others believe you or not..." replied the goblin whose posting was at times very spiritual indeed, adding "...simplify it, do you think one's posting is going somewhere, where I'm anonymous, that is my last post should amount the same as my first did, silence to silence then, and yet, as was able to contemplate and reflect between the starting point and the finish line where this repeated posting allowed one to hew one's thoughts within a written record, so it's a practice to me, where I never post for no reason, a journey to self then..."

Jats (08-26-2012), Loz (08-25-2012), luckyme (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:33 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere,

"...your posts are getting better, just have more faith in what you write though, and keep at it too..." suggested the goblin thinking there was nothing stopping xxxxx form becoming well known by her posts, adding "...for me it's not what I write that actually matters, how can it matter where one just remains anonymous throughout, however what does matter is that in the practice of writing within one's posts one's posting ability grows by it, simply it goes back to the line whatever one does does one in return, so it's the you that results from the practice of it, where the result itself, the same result one sees on the page is flattering but is of no consequence..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-26-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Jats (08-26-2012), Loz (08-26-2012), luckyme (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Lucky stares out her window, no longer the sun shines on her garden. Rain fall as if it feels her mood; a tiny spot of blue appears and Lucky smiles. Her mood lifts as she remembers it isn't that bad. For hasn't she once mused about expectations and why feel the need to live up to those?
Ah, yes. Now I remember. You cannot please the world for it will not let itself be pleased. The world is, as I am. As humans are, only why do they feel the need to own a piece of another? What drives humans to flock together and fight over the right to tell another how to behave, how to be? Isn't being enough? "Just be and be the best human you can be" Lucky wants the say. Instead she whispers, "I do not want any human to feel sad." Lucky thinks and stares and stares and thinks. What if the human was pleased with not being Lucky's friend, wouldn't that work for the human as well as Lucky bending over backwards to please?
Yes, Lucky will just not please the human any longer and wish her "God speed. I do hope you find a human friend to please you, for I can no longer."

Still Lucky sits and sees her garden, a truly pleasing thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by luckyme; 08-26-2012 at 02:35 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 06:39 AM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Arms outstretched, twirling around, Loz dances outside Lucky's window, awaiting her friend to join her in the mud; and just for a moment and they step, side-by-side, let there be nothing but the rain falling and feet squelching, as the sounds of a chaotic world are enjoyed as music for just a while.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
fleamailman (08-26-2012), Jats (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 06:52 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Lucky gladly joins Loz for a dance, she might even burst out in laughter. Her mood has definitely picked up now that she's got her own domain to reign over.
No more humans around, none allowed for now. It is her playground and hers alone. She will relish in the solitude of the vast expanse of nothing that it is. It will probably stay that way for now and that is just the way she likes it. But first to dance with the unicorn, that is even nicer than staring at her garden. A wet one with lots of mud too. So, the frog and the unicorn dance and leap in the mud, until, alas a human calls, it needs to be fed.

But first the frog needs a rest from all the dancing.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

Jats strolls into the garden then, hands in pockets quietly noting what's been going on, or not, then crashing about making lots of noise, temporarily scaring the wildlife off only to strengthen the defences some more so that only the ones most wanted creep back in the mostest, just a case of damage limitation as always, as they are always there smiles Jats looking up a tree now, then down at the floor rummaging around amongst the roots to find what he was looking for, sniffing it, then teasing the fibres apart to see what was on the menu where they never saw it coming as usual "...don't mind me girls, just popping in..." Jats smiles, waving from a distance while chuckling at the two scarecrows in the vegetable patch again which are obviously not very scary at all seeing as a wood pigeon was perching contemptuously on one and all the brassicas poking under the netting were gone, still, thinks Jats, the boys had great fun in the building of them, where maybe they are just scary to young boys then

Last edited by Jats; 08-26-2012 at 11:43 AM..
fleamailman (08-26-2012), Loz (08-26-2012), luckyme (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

"...'I can drive a car...' he had piped up, a while back now '...from the xbox, taught me all I need to know...bet I could drive the truck Dad, easily' he continued, sealing his fate then..." chuckles Jats enjoying this first telling of many "...and so, without any warning I took a left from the usual route home eliciting questions that were answered with 'time to see if you can drive then' which prompted eager anticipation as the empty industrial site was pulled into with the little uns jumping out excitedly to view from a safe distance while I handed the keys to their big brother, he and I swapping places smiling at each other, 'that's first gear right?' he asked pointing and getting only a shrug and a 'you know how to drive' in reply to all his questions by way of any instruction though he started it fine and then in a roar of revs and a cloud of smoke he pulled away very slowly in third before letting the clutch out fully suddenly speeding up considerably before lurching to a leap frogging stop when applying the brake and throttle together..." Jats chuckles still wishing he had thought to video it although the re-hearing of his little brothers roaring laughter over and over would have been too much perhaps "...'it's trickier than it looks, but easy when you know how...' I reassured him '...I'll show you next time' I promised as we pulled out of the estate with no one knowing we had been there other than the big black soot patch from the exhaust in the middle of the road which will wash away in the rain, though that memory will be there forever in every retelling, to those keeping up now..." finishes Jats, while the chameleon goes off to post this elsewhere of course

Last edited by Jats; 08-29-2012 at 04:48 AM..
fleamailman (08-26-2012), Loz (08-26-2012), luckyme (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 09:22 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...great posts, I'm really enjoying the reads here..." went the goblin happy that the busy french holiday season was almost over and the heat was slightly less too)

repost from elsewhere, new

Isn't there a difference between anonymity and having a "persona"?
"...perhaps then, the persona is the manifestation of that which differentiates our anonymity here between us, in other words a mask to recognise others around you and to have them recognise you too, where without one's persona there would be no way of telling posters apart, so someone's persona consists of five things, username, avatar, writing style, content, and forum-affiliation..." replied the goblin, somewhat taxed but still loving the question though, continuing "...so this is an unprovable fiction now, our virtual reality between us then, where at least it's not our dailylives is it, where the only thing that is actually here are these anonymous words upon your screen so we each create this persona of ourselves intentionally or otherwise...", in fact, the goblin wondered just how many posters ever thought upon their persona in its total, let alone whether they took that persona seriously, and yet surely there was some reflection of self for the noting if one so cared to take note of it

xxxx 3019 60482

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-26-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Jats (08-27-2012), Loz (08-28-2012), luckyme (08-26-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 02:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

"....nah, you don't have to be dolly the dinosaur here, just it would be wise to choose the persona that you are most happy with, because it should be for life where it gets harder to change it later without having people losing track of you across forumland here, something rather like actors where everyone remembers their roles more than their names..." mentioned the goblin adding "...besides, if one has a rare username, one that turns up your threads when googled, then together with that memorable persona that marks you out amongst those who still write like hello, my name joe blogs, I'm a published writer without narration nor illustration, then this forumland becomes your circus directly, where instead of trying to get people to come to your book, or blog or whatever, one takes the show to them in posts with parts of that book or blog, ironing out the madness as one goes along, feeding on the input, remember, simply you and I are nothing more than than posts here, but most writers overlook that point, so much so that to date I could often tell the writer amongst the posters by that my posts are not my books approach...", and then changing tacks slightly, the goblin then said "...anyway, think of 10.000 hits to one's thread as a benchmark of self, where the livewriters have all at least well earned that mark now, where too, whenever I hit 20000hit somewhere, I put the link up on the "doing it bloggystyle" thread on this forum, I mean can you imagine the readership of someone who has reaches 20000 across many many forums, but in the end he or she is just like anyone else here, just another poster amongst us..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-27-2012 at 02:09 AM..
Jats (08-27-2012), Loz (08-28-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 05:37 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...ah, dolly the dinosaur, that was a funny and revealing little chapter where I see they still cling to their bookworld there with a new release from one of the Gods now in a blaze of poor publicity, not that I would read it anyway if given to me for free as I have only ever seen interviews with the Author there where some times that's not always a good idea...yes with a picture of Enid Blyton there's a post there, meanwhile, a repost from elsewhere, just now, then...

Aren't you supposed to be posting from the vantage point of your chameleon?
"...but chameleons can't be trusted you know..." replies Jats barely awake, holding in a shit while sipping a cuppa in the slightly chilly front room of the little cottage by the canal wondering what to do on this typical rainy bank holiday other than as much nothing as possible, then turning on the radio before unexplaining further "...and I thought you would have got it by now, here of all places where the longer you are here the easier it is to see who is really who then as the self always shines through see, so, no, not from the chameleons point of view, he's just another character in this ongoing little story, but he's always around, on my shoulder, ready and waiting to steal the show..." as Jats concludes holding in that shit was a bad idea, heading for the shower now

Last edited by Jats; 08-27-2012 at 05:58 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-27-2012), Loz (08-28-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, still writing about writing

"...posting and blogging all the roughly the same thing but packaged differently..." replied the goblin again, explaining "...in that blogging is those readers coming to you, whereas posting is you going to those readers, where the content remains the same between both, and where either way one still has to cut up one's ideas into bite-sized texts to keep those readers reading, something quite different from books where one offers the whole hog in the hope that readers will have enough time to read at length through it...", in fact, the goblin never forgot that the victorians were too busy to read books, so the writers in those days had to go to their reader then, simply they cut their works up into easy episodes in journals for their readers, smiling "...so it's like as if today the victorian times have returned where the forum or the blog becomes just that then, our pickwick papers between us, so do you still think I'm mad then, well I am indeed, but I suppose too, that it's a madness not without a certain logic behind it..."

148 3022 60599

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-27-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Jats (08-29-2012), Loz (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

It could be clichéd to mention “ignorance is bliss” we should all avoid that saying right? - it holds some water but it’s never that simple, that almost infuriating but necessary triad - thesis, antithesis and synthesis applies. There are, of course plenty of ignorant miserable types out there filled with animosity, in that, two negatives can certainly be coupled. So happiness, or bliss, we might as well go for that… that’s the good stuff, immeasurable as it is for those of you with your pie charts ready. Because it’s manifold, it’s a complicated thing happiness and nobody but a fool in my eyes would look at it as something measurable or transparent, or even necessarily apparent. I trust few people’s happiness but my own, and by that I mean you could show me all the surfaces and expected components of it, the smiles and laughter and so on, even that relaxed philosophy a happy person may articulate… but still be hopelessly depressed. Therein lies the greatness and mystery of human experience which is watered down by graphs and charts linked to things so very subjective and convoluted as happiness or love… like a survey can really give us the answers.

Last edited by JohnConstantine; 08-28-2012 at 05:32 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnConstantine For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-28-2012), Jats (08-29-2012), Loz (08-28-2012), luckyme (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

"Depressed is the new happy," says Loz as she pads through from the bathroom leaving a trail of bubbles behind her. She swizzles mouthwash, enjoying the minty freshness while pondering the addictiveness of a downer, so easy to maintain with faster access to drugs. Put like that she can see the appeal. But graphs? Too much effort. Instead Loz allows herself to be a slave to the weather, the stormy skies churn excitement within her belly, a rush of electric races along her skin and she pushes her bed closer to the open window, listening closely to the rains patter. She curls up under the covers with a sigh, then stops herself. Dammit, wrong emotion. Perhaps John has more of a point than he meant. Not only can we not trust the emotions of others, but there's so much waffle and buffle its barely possible to know what we we feel either. As she snuggles under the covers, a sated sensation pulling her deeper, her finger slow on the keyboard and a final thought pops into her head. "I hope Jats bought new underwear." Great, just the mental image she needed. "Now, I'm depressed."

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Jats (08-29-2012), JohnConstantine (08-29-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, oddly the goblin only ever seems to come unstuck on writer's forums

Seriously though, it's good to see that when you get a little aggravated, you take less time to include all the 'said the chameleon' tags that set you apart from the very thing you wish to say. Usually, wanting to be different is a good thing, but in the midst of conversation, however meaningless, your method of disowning your words becomes little more than an aggravation to be ignored. Why go to a party if you desire only to talk to yourself?
"...first off, do I not reply each time you address me then, where writing in third person isn't disowning one's words either, if so, you would be saying that authors in their books also disown their words too, obviously they don't, so no, you've only written the above because you've aggrieved and wish to ignore me, be my guest, just don't address me further..." replied the goblin now, adding "...so why have a persona and write in third person, because someone else might appreciate the time and effort here, where also, this post I'll probably repost to some other forum too, so having an identifiable persona becomes my norm, while the writing style becomes neutral as in carefree considering that many posters on younger forums are rather touchy about anyone who writes like moses returning from the mountains with hallowed writing commandments...", meanwhile, the slot just ventured "...true, but what if there's a second character in the text one's goblin, how would one differentiate between the two without naming them...", "...well slot, I suppose there's that reason too, but also I am told that many of my posts get pinched without any malice by other posters finding their way onto facebook, somewhere I don't go and something I can hardly begrudge anyone in doing so seeing that I'm anonymous and where I beg steal and borrow to make them, so the writing style becomes the hallmark of the persona, simply anyone who reposts me can't then claim that these are their works without editing them extensively, and perhaps too, it's like when one goes into a picture gallery, where there's room after room after room of correctly painted works till suddenly one comes across something by the impressionists, a contrast that can be both upsetting and refreshing..." in fact by now. and being a few years into it, the goblin simply knew that after awhile the reader just adjusted to it anyway or moved on, much like when reading some period texts or hieroglyphics, simply it was no big deal and should treated as such

148 3025 60708

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-28-2012 at 10:14 PM..
Jats (08-29-2012), Loz (08-28-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...oh they would love us to get angry wouldn't they...a repost of a reply to a reply to my "I'm an excellent driver" post elsewhere then...

"...yes a touch of humility helps the learning process, though I had to admire his cockiness, but guessed he would forget about the handbrake and boy did we fly when I let that off, funny as fuck, and we all just laughed all the way home, anything to get them off the xbox then, although..." thinks Jats, turning this short reply into a post then "...it can be very revealing, especially this Minecraft they are obsessed with now, which compared to some games seems very dated, graphically, though it allows them to use their imagination and create the world of their choosing and he was very pleased with himself announcing that he had finally finished building a magnificent fortress with a great hall and a large throne for him to sit on to order all his friends about to do tasks for him, and so on, where immediately I looked across at his little brother who I could see was wearing a hint of a smile and behind the narrowed eyes was already thinking of ways to destroy it all with his usual weapon of taking the piss..." chuckles Jats enjoying his day off, though with the rain stopped now goes out for some therapeutic wood chopping remembering that 'winter is coming' as always then

Last edited by Jats; 08-30-2012 at 07:05 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-29-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, new, someone leaving a forum for her own reasons

it's odd to say this, but your presence here is like a gift, of sorts....you certainly don't fade into the background my friend, and prob'ly never will... stay afloat, no matter what
"...anyway, life is long but if one doesn't become a livewriter before one gets old, then old age will just slap that reality into one's face for one's lethargy..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...so one ages and one has to let go of those externals, yet it would be a pity to loose those externals and not have some internal there to replace it, thus the journey to self perhaps..."

xxxx 3027 60918

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-29-2012 at 09:14 PM..
Jats (08-30-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, new

"...just that forumland is unto itself..." replied the goblin, explaining "...where certainly this forumland is not one's dailylife now, forumland is just the sum total of all these forums on this internet, yet even so, clearly it's part of the vast virtual-reality here, where virtual-reality is fiction and where everything here is utterly fictional then...", in fact, the goblin often felt forumland akin to the world of the personas, adding "...so a persona is a mask, but I wonder what that mask hides, so that is the me that I'm looking for now, where perhaps if I keep on posting, that masked me will reveal itself through the contours of my posts, just my alter ego by my posts perahps but me all the same..."

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-29-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Jats (08-30-2012), Loz (08-30-2012), luckyme (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...new, but a repost already, and guessing you'll gobble up this picture Flea which is very you...

"...yes it's getting more prevalent..." Jats stirs from slumbering on the sofa seeing something of interest then "... arrest after arrest on facetwit and youfool now where only five years ago the idea that you could be charged for such 'crimes' would have been laughable, but not these days, especially for those morons that make it easy for them by handing over their personal information where even though there is no obligation, it will still be passed over meekly to whoever's asking, warrant or not, so guard your anonymity well I say..." says Jats floating about on Linux and still technically down the pub, next door, acrooss the road, at the internet café on the corner of town during the day, or the lovely local printers who leave their wi-fi on overnight and never change their password, unlike the pubs then who force you back in now and again for a quick pint "...but then, thankfully, most racists and bigots are not very smart, and won't have read this far for this advice to be of any use to them so will still fall fowl of the ever reaching arm of the law that is watching more and more, which is all good and well, evolution in progress if you ask me, but what if you wanted to start a revolution instead then, how would you do that now if need be..." Jats ponders, rhetorically as usual "...ah yes forumland, you're my only hope..." whispers the chameleon, always listening too

Last edited by Jats; 08-30-2012 at 04:09 AM..
fleamailman (08-30-2012), Loz (08-30-2012), luckyme (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 05:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...you're on a roll Jats..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...those children's ones had me well reminded of things in own past, and now this one has me reflecting upon stuff too...", in fact, having now passed the 60000hits mark no one seems to bat an eyelid anymore, saying "...it as if all this is nothing, and yet where else on forumland does one find post after post of this calibre by writers/livewriters/normalpeople then...")

repost from elsewhere, new, needs hewing still

There is a little hole in the paper of our self. Put it to your eye and through it you'll see a magnificent world of light that escaped your notice. Via that little midpoint we can reach our true home.
"...ah now, that is somewhat easier said than done..." replied the goblin, adding "...so where is the inner eye to see within with, and what is the nature of the paper you mention, and how does one recognise it as one's true self as opposed to just another circle of self within that external circle then...", and then the goblin just simplified it saying "...I mean, don't you want to know who you are by what you post, so it's a journey to self across forumland in posts, which does sound rather better than saying a journey to death then, even if those two journeys converge in the end of this path..."

xxxx 3030 61016

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-30-2012 at 05:57 AM..
brinny (08-30-2012), Jats (09-04-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe