WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 08-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

"It's always nice to feel appreciated," says Loz, still blushing from being asked out by the carpet fitter even though she wore a giant t-shirt and had soggy wallpaper stuck to her hair. Being hated sucks though, she thinks dissapointedly, often wondering how Flemailaman and Jats put up with it. Then again . . . she reminds herself how much she loves each post, and how they perk her up. Perhaps that's the secret -- to be loved, there must be hate, a ying-yang scenario. No point pussy footing around. Just be one self and come what may. Yup, Loz is being intelligibly philosophical again. Only one problem, how exactly does she know which self she wants to be . . .

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
brinny (08-30-2012), fleamailman (08-30-2012), Jats (09-04-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...somehow I knew there would be a Loz post to read before bed, must be the full moon, or something in the air seeing as I too have had two women try to set me up on blind dates this week, but those will be other posts, and as for the love/hate on forumland well there's always a post waiting...

No offense to the livewriters...but you guys do come off as condescending. Even though your posts are well thought out, and eloquent, there is a slight tinge of superiority in the content.
"...ah the old no offence, but..." Jats smiles "...I have a post for that, though none will be taken, in fact far from it, for that is an easy perception to make and has some truth more for me than the others as I just love to say I told you so, however you will find as we continue, for those that read it all that is, it was no different before we came along to comment here, for humans no matter their beliefs always end up fighting amongst their-selves..." and Jats shrugs, slightly disappointed though unsurprised again "...and so we will take it all with equal measure those who love us and those who hate us for both serve as reminders to 'daily life', as we merely continue fighting without fighting then..." smiles Jats now with a bow

Last edited by Jats; 08-30-2012 at 03:52 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
brinny (08-30-2012), fleamailman (08-30-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...that repost then, I did get banned from that forum, eventually, for some reason, for each forum gets what they insist upon that's all...

Wow. No offence, but in my absense this place has become a real dragfest :/. I didnt plan on staying gone for so long, but i ranz away from my home, so meh mummy took away my laptop, phone and psp. the only things i had.
"...I just love the use of that non sequitur 'No Offence, but...' especially without any comedic irony and which is bastardised by the 'yoof' of today as an excuse to be offensive without any comeback as if 'No offence, but...' automatically raises a personal force field while they spray their slings and arrows about with gay abandon with 'No offence, but I think you are a ****' cue laugher, should be followed by 'No offence, but I am going to smack you in the mouth', yet I digress on a personal rant..." Jats makes tea glad of his comfy little cottage here by the canal on this cold cold night and thinking back now "...though sorry to hear of your troubles, reminding me of when I too ranz away from home, gathering my belongings and stepping out into the freezing cold vowing to never go back to my hateful mother and father, the swines 'I will show them' the young Jats cried, and so I lived the life of a Hobo for a while, wandering the streets until I finally returned to discover to my dismay that they hadn't even noticed I had gone, but then again it wasn't even dark out and I'd only been gone three hours, yes it was tough being eleven...and so xxxx, I see you are back then, good, and so no offence then, but fucking grow up son..." Jats laughs and raises his impregnable force field too now then

Last edited by Jats; 08-30-2012 at 04:02 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
brinny (08-30-2012), fleamailman (08-30-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 04:25 PM
brinny (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 33

Originally Posted by Jats View Post
...that repost then, I did get banned from that forum, eventually, for some reason, for each forum gets what they insist upon that's all...

"...I just love the use of that non sequitur 'No Offence, but...' especially without any comedic irony and which is bastardised by the 'yoof' of today as an excuse to be offensive without any comeback as if 'No offence, but...' automatically raises a personal force field while they spray their slings and arrows about with gay abandon with 'No offence, but I think you are a ****' cue laugher, should be followed by 'No offence, but I am going to smack you in the mouth', yet I digress on a personal rant..." Jats makes tea glad of his comfy little cottage here by the canal on this cold cold night and thinking back now "...though sorry to hear of your troubles, reminding me of when I too ranz away from home, gathering my belongings and stepping out into the freezing cold vowing to never go back to my hateful mother and father, the swines 'I will show them' the young Jats cried, and so I lived the life of a Hobo for a while, wandering the streets until I finally returned to discover to my dismay that they hadn't even noticed I had gone, but then again it wasn't even dark out and I'd only been gone three hours, yes it was tough being eleven...and so xxxx, I see you are back then, good, and so no offence then, but fucking grow up son..." Jats laughs and raises his impregnable force field too now then

hahahaaaa! Awwwww....wish y'all didn't need force fields (wonders in bafflement why on earth any of y'all would be hated)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brinny For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-30-2012), Jats (09-04-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 05:42 PM
brinny (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 33

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...you're on a roll Jats..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...those children's ones had me well reminded of things in own past, and now this one has me reflecting upon stuff too...", in fact, having now passed the 60000hits mark no one seems to bat an eyelid anymore, saying "...it as if all this is nothing, and yet where else on forumland does one find post after post of this calibre by writers/livewriters/normalpeople then...")

repost from elsewhere, new, needs hewing still

"...ah now, that is somewhat easier said than done..." replied the goblin, adding "...so where is the inner eye to see within with, and what is the nature of the paper you mention, and how does one recognise it as one's true self as opposed to just another circle of self within that external circle then...", and then the goblin just simplified it saying "...I mean, don't you want to know who you are by what you post, so it's a journey to self across forumland in posts, which does sound rather better than saying a journey to death then, even if those two journeys converge in the end of this path..."

xxxx 3030 61016
yes, mortality doth loom, my friend. something that used to terrify me. one night when i was about 7 yrs old i had what is probably a panic/terror attack, crying inconsolably. One dreadful unavoidable day i would surely die, and what would that be like to struggle as i breathed my last breath. my older sister tried to explain that i had soooooo many more years to live. but i didn't want to die. At all. i had seen a movie around that age of someone being buried alive, shovels of dirt coming down on his muffled screams as darkness closed in and he was heard no more. it was as if he had sank into a bottomless chasm of oblivion that swallowed him whole and he never existed. What a horror that would be, if at the end, all that is waiting for us is a dirt plot that swallows us whole, as we fade and are no more.

Last edited by brinny; 08-30-2012 at 05:59 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brinny For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-30-2012), Jats (09-01-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 09:57 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

("...nice post brinny, I've only conversed with you elsewhere a short while but already your posts are finding their mark..." voiced the goblin honestly enough)

repost from elsewhere, new,

Do you eventually post every post you've ever made here, or are there certain forums that have unique posts? or certain forums that miss out on some of your posts?
"...because I'm editing my posts as I go along save where the post is new, I usually go through my store of posts in a certain order but where come across a post that is totally wrong for any one forum I pass up on posting it posting it elsewhere again when the time comes, so you are right, there are certain posts already here for example that won't be posted on christianforums, others that too tee for somewhere like talkrational then, still others that won't fit writersbeat, lupusMCTD, publishedauthors, secularcafe, etc., all depending on the nature of the forum in question, the specs of the site then, in that my goal is to increase my readership, not to antagonize it..." replied the goblin learning much as he went along, adding "...however, if I over compromise towards any one forum, then my writing won't advance either, so there's always a balance between building up one's readership on the one hand and exploring what one's writing is about on the other, simply one can't go too far in either direction, not too selfish nor too selfless, so the forums are as venues to me where I get to play to the crowd perhaps, yet that's not a bad thing in itself as the reader gets something to read and I an audience to write for..."

xxxx 3036 61168

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-30-2012 at 10:07 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
brinny (08-31-2012), Jats (09-01-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 10:21 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere, new

"...how does one recognize it as one's true self as opposed to just another circle of self..." inquired the goblin
All the other circles of self prove false in the end. Only this one doesn't. It is both the midpoint of all self circles, as well as the collection of all circles; it's both the smallest and the biggest
"...so, what you're saying is that you don't know till you know, and that you might know in the end then, but wouldn't it be simpler to see who you are by what you post now..." enquired the goblin again, adding "...I mean in dailylife one's actions reflect one, whereas the mirror reflects how we look too, but if one wants to see inside then one writes till a contour of self can be seen by all the things one has written...", somehow the goblin's mind was going back to lord chesterfield's reading makes a full man, conversation makes a ready man, and writing makes an exact man, whereupon the goblin just added "...show me your friends and I'll show you who are, likewise by your post are you by them..."

xxxx
brinny (08-31-2012), Jats (09-01-2012), Loz (08-30-2012)
Old 08-31-2012, 02:01 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere

"Urm, anyone know how to crack an egg?" says Dolly, muffledly...
"....MYAHAHAHA, and your best post yet too..." replied the goblin now, continuing "...no, it's not gospel, where none of the livewriting traits are binding in any way, simply one sees what ideas are going and adapts them or not, where for example I post pictures because it's a fantastic way to get good at illustrating, where another livewriter might not bother to, and again, beyond "married with kids living in geneva" I remain anonymous, where someone else again might be fully open about themselves, so the use of third person, the adaptation of a persona, the run on sentence, the misuse of ellipsis, the choice of forum/venue, etc., etc., etc., are all one's own choice here as me to myself now, where whatever works for one is right for one...", yet there did seem to be something that each livewriter had in common, that is that they stored their posts, the air/edit/backup part of it then, which was akin to that journey to self that the goblin seemed to harp on about, so not quite all was mere fun and games as it looked

147 3038 61250

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-31-2012 at 02:03 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-01-2012), Loz (08-31-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 02:10 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere

Perhaps there are many forum posters with extremely fragile egos, or perhaps I'm a bit of an idiot. It has never once, in nearly four years, ever occurred to this little black duck, me, to study the statistics relating to my posts. And now it's been explained, I'm not about to start, either.
the goblin thanked xxxxx, liking him, sympathizing deeply even, somehow guessing that the better the writer the more they found their maths homework challenging. saying "...here's the idea then, the postcount divided by the number of other posters gives one the participation, whereas hitcount divided by postcount gives one the readership, where no thread can have both high readership and participation, so often a thread like the one done here for example, can have few actual replies to it but still be a 1/10 ratio, where considering that I did two posts at a time, meant 1/20 and where too, I doubt that there's was another thread of this forum that matches it, I mean forget about those tucked away blogs, which are no contest for starters, I actually set myself up against the game section now, and still my hit rate was what it was, where now if I started another edit thread, I dare say that my hitcount would be higher still, but I didn't write the previous post nor this one to gloat about myself, I merely did it to encourage anyone that writing in posts is still flexing those writing muscles, and that if one gets a 10.000 hit thread by christmas, then it speaks for itself where one's confidence is bolstered..." in fact, the goblin knew that xxxxx could do amazing posts, but that the ox, like his namesake perhaps, was still thinking that those who wrote the posts were mere posters here, and those who read the posts were mere posters too, smiling "...ah no, with this pen I do actually write, and that which I write you evidently read by the hitcount too, where one is as much one's posts here as one is those books elsewhere, simply it's the same author behind both...", no, in fact, the goblin was fast becoming the most known goblin out there then, not that that actually mattered seeing that he was anonymous, but still something not bad for a humble dyslexic

147 3039 61293

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-02-2012 at 12:51 AM..
Jats (09-01-2012), Loz (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 05:43 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere, the "what do you do for stress relief" thread

"...oh, usual stuff I suppose, late at night I swim out to the rocks to chat with those sirens who enjoy crashing unwitting writertypes upon their desktops..." mentioned the goblin continuing "...apparently, the writer then wakes up a wreck in the morning but is neither none the worse nor the wiser for the venture, just it serves him right his repeated folly each time, where such is the sport of sirens perhaps, and where anyone else would think him mad, yet back into the water he goes with nowhere else to go it seems, for that drowning in ink seem all to him..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-01-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Jats (09-01-2012), Loz (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 09:44 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere

again the goblin's mind is caught in the branches of a concept, that the anonymous are not held accountable, and yet the goblin was not impervious to either guilt or regret here, where oddly too, he cared very deeply about his anonymous goblin persona without having any actual reason to care, saying "...I suppose it's what you have of me, and what's more, it's probably all I really have of myself too, for in life the rest are just my externals..."

147 3041 61387
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-01-2012)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...yes Flea, and when it gets to 100,000, 250,000, a million, or more, it will still probably be ignored, though I'll have got what I wanted then...a new post, of sorts...

"...it's been a week..." sighs Jats "...with no beeping of car horns or alarms going off and a lovely peaceful quiet détente surrounds the little cottage by the canal now where of course it has nothing to do with me, I'm anonymous you see..." chuckles Jats re-reading the note left by the chameleon from one of his latest adventures in daily life too now

Dear neighbour, fucking 3am your house alarm went off this morning! As if it hasn't been bad enough with it going off for over a year now, virtually every day when you are out, sometimes several times, and all day on occasion, non stop, and now it's going off at 3am in the morning with it's ear shattering piercing that woke me up again a street away. How your immediate neighbours have put up with it for this long I do not know, but I won't, so take this as your one and only warning to get it fixed for the next time it goes off I will come round to your house and remove the alarm box with a ladder and a big sledge hammer, and not that anyone will see me do it either because none of your neighbours came out to check if you were indeed being burgled being so sick of it now and ignoring it's purpose, even while I was banging on your door at 3am ready to deliver this little speech in person, so, until it's fixed make sure you be a nice considerate neighbour from now on and leave it turned off when you go out then, otherwise you might be returning to see I have "fixed" it for you. Anon

Last edited by Jats; 09-01-2012 at 11:28 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-02-2012), Loz (09-01-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 06:13 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere

Well, from what I've seen, there appear to be far more antagonistic responses to your efforts at dominating Forumland than 'continual requests to see more'. But I have to say that you guys appear to have been evangelical about your livewriting for some time, so I don't doubt you believe in your mission (even though I'm a bit baffled about what that mission ultimately is).
"...ah now, what gives me confidence is something called landings, which to be honest takes a certain amount of flare, a degree of madness and lots and lots of guts..." replied the goblin, continuing "...I mean imagine if I were to now land on some entirely unknown forum with scant regard for what that forum was about, and then to start writing in a random thread, actually writing in one's posts now, where very soon one is battling everyone because more often or not they think one is a third person troll or just showing off, and of course I am not bad at swot the bot in return, yet my goal is the opposite of that of a troll, no in fact I am trying to steal the show there, trying to create for them, and for myself too, the most hit to thread on their forum, certainly without malice or spite, more out of the love of playing to them one's act now...", oddly, it was through these ventures then, that the goblin had landed on some amazing forums where the average writer would never go, continuing "...ah but I will never actually dominate forumland, control is what one fights here, no I am out to conquer forumland instead, yes, but it is exactly like life is, simply winning the unwinable while one still can, where "to live is to win, and to post is to win too, but to build up those wins is to triumph" and where there's ever a cutoff point both to posting and to life, but once you know it's futile, doesn't your decision from that understanding show who you are to yourself..."

147 3043 61433
Jats (09-02-2012), Loz (09-02-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 11:47 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from this section, the "a good place to a make a blog", finished

Check out this very thread, there's a blog here that's been running for a while, so why not just add yours here? You can invent characters and reply to your own blog to increase your hit rate and convince yourself that you too are a widely followed 'livewriter' as opposed to freeloading blogger.
"...um, perhaps the sour grapes are in season now..." replied the goblin as one of those freeloading livewriting bloggers then, adding "...ah, but he's right in his way, I mean why bother to create a blog elsewhere when the readers are just here already reading these posts with a hitcount that no one poster could generate by himself alone, with one's name becoming known across forumland by it...", but by now the goblin understood that readers would read the post/s and if they then liked what they have read, they would reply perhaps, but more probably they would just read what one would write next, and after that they'd then read something written by someone else here too, and so on, for such was the nature of a communal effort between six or seven livewriters now, "...so why complicate it xxxxx by trying to leach readers away with that link in your signature to your blog, me, I do indeed freeload upon this forum, guilty then, but the forum gets a load of free stuff by it, where what you're suggesting instead is just shortchanging the forum with links away to that elsewhere again..."

xxxxx 3044posts 61458hits

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-02-2012 at 09:14 PM..
Old 09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

"...just read it Flea, and by the end of the week, one, or two here will be wishing I was a figment of your imagination then...." grins the chameleon being let of the leash and quite looking forward to it

Last edited by Jats; 09-03-2012 at 03:05 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-02-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 03:45 PM
maidahl

maidahl died
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-02-2012), Jats (09-03-2012)
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

"...just read it Flea, and by the end of the week, one, or two here will be wishing I was a figment of your imagination then...." grins the chameleon being let off the leash and quite looking forward to it
"...well, you're more famous Jats than most of them then, just more people know about your sharp thinking and family lifestyle directly by reading these posts here, than had you written an ebook or done some lone blog somewhere..." replied the goblin, who envied Jats his ability to bring to life the relationship to his sons, adding "...everyone here improves by the practice of posting, everyone then builds up a collection of their own posts, everyone reads the posts of others, and the forum gains the readership too, personally I can't see why he wrote that barb about us, but we will prove ourselves to ourselves yet, yes this road is a long one..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-03-2012 at 01:34 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...that could be it Flea, but, a beautiful sunny September day here and I'm off to scythe down a wild flower meadow, but a teaser then of things to come...

but watch out for that little geico lizard
"...ah sharp elbow disease again, and I remember it still from the school yard where they were not so quick with the little unprovoked dig once the circle of excited bodies was formed with the fear tangible for all to see, the tell tale quivering of the fingers as they curled into balls and up to their chin, for if they were to be smited by the little chap that stood there now smiling, having not backed down like the others had before, then what of their reputation then..." as Jats chuckles remembering them all vividly, even feeling that little rush of adrenalin now "...alas, despite their bloody noses and broken limbs, some little boys never learn then, thinking they can revert to self from behind the safety of their screens now..." as Jats remembers that they were as slow with their fists as their wit back then too as makes no difference now then

Last edited by Jats; 09-03-2012 at 03:33 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 03:49 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

Once again Lucky enjoys a day in her garden. Yes, in the garden instead of staring at it from behind the glass, for isn't nature to be lived?
A thought crossed her mind reading the Goblin's and Jats' posts. “When men speak ill of thee, live so that nobody will believe them.” It is what Plato said, muses Lucky and still holds value. "Do not let humans hold any back from the life that one choses to live. Writing or live writing, reading or listening." Lucky sips her coffee, relishing in the sun and the heavenly taste of dark brown liquid, flowing over her tongue like silk on a baby's bottom. "Yes, where was I?" Lucky shakes her head and remembers to finish this thought before it flees and leaves her head filled with harrowing images of men and mice, of pitchforks and monsters, of ... "No, best not go there." Instead she decides to live indeed and prove the humans wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by luckyme; 09-03-2012 at 03:52 AM..
Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

(the goblin was beginning to see luckyme's writing style now, saying "...that proving them wrong is how I am when they ban me from somewhere, revenge is not to my nature but it's always nice to show them what they missed out on, just your post reminded me again...")

repost from elsewhere

"...I'm glad you keep me company then, and you win each time you do, or perhaps only against the complacent acceptance of dailylife, which is your choice of course, but dailylife is not everything as slowly the discrepancy between their values and your values comes to the fore within this continued posting, simply you face the slot here, what you post is a reflection of yourself where some would l tie you with their religious values while others will relate family values, or economic values or umpteen other values then, where the sheep will follow blindly and where the wolf will look like he is following is in fact himself inside, but no, one doesn't need to prove anything to anyone else, only one needs to clariffy one's own values to oneself for one's own reasons or else this posting becomes just another game between us then..."

147 3050 61609

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-03-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Jats (09-04-2012), luckyme (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Nadja

'What follows is an unmitigated rant,' warns Nadja, 'in the hope of exorcising somewhat the unholy spell of my wholly unwelcome summer visitants ... A rant - the very word 'rant' reminds me horribly of them.' She shudders. 'Ants. I hate them. I loathe them. Don't get me altogether wrong, I admit as much as any environmentalist that they have their place in the world. But after this summer I'm convinced their main role is to intimidate nervous humans to the point of distraction. Certainly when they sprout wings ... and start appearing as if by some black magic all over the house ... indoor flying ants are the worst species imaginable ... the ancient Biblical plague of locusts couldn't have been much worse ... I remember those days,' sighed Nadja, ' when I'd only vaguely heard of these creatures and never actually experienced them ... oh for those days of blissful ignorance... There's something so freaky about these creatures .. outside, when they're actually flying, it's not half so bad, but inside, when they writhe slowly along skirtings and worktops and door edges as if crippled, it makes me sick...Flying ants that don't actually fly..' Nadja winces away from the exhausting ant-infested day.

Last edited by Nadja; 09-03-2012 at 10:45 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-03-2012), Jats (09-04-2012), luckyme (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...I beg to differ, sometimes revenge is the only thing that works with some humans...a repost, someone after revenge from being banned elsewhere...

"...the best justice is to post on with a smile, for there are as many forums on the internet as their are stars in the night sky, making it easy to say just what wants and however one damn pleases, bending to no one, and speaking just to the one who listens..." as the chameleon steals that irresistible gif then "...or as another old wise friend once said long ago when I clamoured for revenge with my heart ripped into pieces, in tatters on the floor rotting at my feet barely beating 'be happy, that really fucks them up', and so I did, and it did, but that's women, a completely different subject and species then..."

Last edited by Jats; 09-03-2012 at 02:57 PM..
fleamailman (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
maidahl

maidahl wants to go running. She is tired of typing. She thinks this is a rockin' post fit for her new avatar number 21091-004.

Last edited by Loz; 09-03-2012 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Humongous piccy.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

("...not to worry Maidahl, we've all done that at some point..." mentioned the goblin liking the post again, adding "...your style is coming along by your posts...")

repost from elsewhere, the "confessions" threads

"...I confess to liking this thread, so is there something wrong with me I wonder..." asked the goblin, adding "...also, to having an addiction to illustrating posts, where often it's more an excuse to exhibit some picture here than to actually write anything, no, it almost feels like the picture is talking to me where I am merely relating what it's saying to you by way of me here...", and with that the goblin wished his daughter well in her move to london this june, wished every success for her future there, but confessed, to the slot alone perhaps, that it was not without some unshown sadness on his part at seeing her go now, saying "...I suppose it's as they say, that some grow old so that others can grow up, and I suppose too, that there's never the one without the other, and yet even if it were within my power to stop this clock, or turn it back even, I would just let it tick onwards, oh yes my little child is dead now, but long live my daughter still..."

148 3055 61706

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-04-2012 at 12:45 AM..
Jats (09-04-2012), Loz (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 01:28 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from JohnConstantine's "if someone asks you" thread

Are you a writer?
"...nah, it's all a trick question then...replied the goblin, continuing "...that is, where if one say "yes" then those nice men in white coats come along to cart you away to dump you headlong into some writer's forum for your own safekeeping as either one of the endangered species on forumland, or just because you're a menace to those normal folks around you still...", in fact, the goblin often wondered if someone utterly mad could both comprehend and acknowledge their own madness here, where if they could, were they not even more suspect for it, saying "...look, perhaps it's best not to say that you're a writer at all, no, better to say something rather more readily acceptable instead, like you have uncontrollable schizophrenic blackouts that just kind of produce a bunch of written words on the screen once you come to afterwards...", "...oh, so that's what they are goblin, gosh you had us all worried for a moment there..." went the chorus in the background once more, as the men in white coats smiled on oblivious to the severity of one's condition

xxxx 3055 61718

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-04-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere, new and still a mess

Indeed the publishing world is changing rapidly. Writers do need to keep up with that if they wish to be authors instead of just writers. What's the difference? Around 50K a year. Old writers' joke. The old can apply equally to writer and joke. So much about getting published still depends not only on how well one writes but how well one presents oneself and how much one uses cons, as well as very often who one knows. Just like anything else, it's a game. You play by the rules or get benched. Sadly, I've seen much of what is published (as well as heard about e book presentation) is either badly edited or just plain badly written. Grammar? Punctuation? Well, let's just say it's in an experimental stage. . . . That's why forum writing can be so much fun - no serious attention to all the building blocks of writing. If I want to, I can mess around with spelling, punctuation, grammar, chucks of expo, you name it. That's where I have fun.
"...yes, one has a free scope here of forumland indeed, yet I do like books too, though I very much fear that the clock won't go backwards on this matter, where if I thought for a moment that one could still write books, either ebooks or otherwise, while retaining one's readership by it, then I would be the first creature to do so, and encourage others to do so too... " replied the goblin more thinking that if something were true for him it was probably true for others as well, continuing "...so ask yourself where is the time in the day to read at length, where it seems all this on-line time eats up every last moment, and where all these on-line readers are fast becoming the majority between the two types now, amongst which again the choice also boils down to forums or blogs, where the blog to me seems hard work, a hard sell and lonely, therefore it's for the forum reader the, and not for the book reader, nor that blog reader either that I must turn my attention to here, and for whom I must write for today...", simply, it were actually true that the reader often found those books and blogs by way of the forum then the goblin in his turn would to find that reader on that forum directly, for everyone knew that goblin were not to be trusted, ah no, they always had their own agenda, forumland was not to be overlooked and underestimated

xxxx
Old 09-04-2012, 09:02 AM
maidahl

"where the blog to me seems hard work, a hard sell and lonely,"

Yep. You and I would get along splendidly.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-04-2012), Jats (09-04-2012), Loz (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Revenge eh, ponders Loz, thinking back when she'd rather not. No, revenge holds no value, not for Loz . . . her true desire is the ability to protect herself the first time around. Better yet, to know when she needs protecting so she can do something about it. But when what's done is done, Loz thinks, all she wants is to bury her head in the sand and pretend likie nothing happened. But as she tries to erase all thoughts from memory, they linger in her periferal, growing in stregth -- a poison if you touch it, that will only grow worse if she seeks her revenge. Instead Loz thinks of her most recently favourite post from Flea -- throwing herself head first into the water and rushing toward sirens, the distraction of writing filling up her lungs. Now that's something she can happily relate to.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-04-2012), Jats (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...I'll beat Flea to it then, your best post yet Loz, telling me everything and nothing where the image was perfect setting my mind racing back now...though on checking, I see you have had all my "diving" posts, for now, yes save that one Loz for when you are ready, meanwhile we'll clear the way for you...

But I still maintain that people are going to have to simply do something new. Your link has people putting all bets on e-books, while my link has someone looking to keep the old ways alive. Bottom line is, neither is going to happen; successful authors will use a mix of both and other things we haven't thought of yet to achieve that succes
"...couldn't agree more..." responds Jats who has read this thread with interest "...and I look forward to the day more do, rather than just waste time arguing about it then, in-between chatting about the weather and how they have boosted the economy with their latest purchase, and the like, for imagine if really good writers like you lot cottoned on then, who would supersede in next to no time for sure my thousand plus regular readers, and hundreds of thousands of views gathered in twelve months while merely idly dabbling at it, you lot being proper writers n all..." Jats chuckles awhile before continuing his blasphemous run on sentence "...and when those thousand readers becomes ten, or a hundred thousand across forum-land you will be famous, or infamous perhaps, for it. Either way they will want more of you, for once the usual stuff has been read they will be looking for something to read on all these e-readers then..." and then Jats adds "...not that I want the same as you by it, for me it is the journey alone, though I will be one of the first, and so will always be legend then..." where the chameleon ponders now whether most don't have thick enough skins for it, for what other reason is there not to try it, other than they didn't think of it first then

Last edited by Jats; 09-04-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Loz (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,888

repost from elsewhere

the goblin loved xxx for her power of her words again, saying "...oh yes we're mad but I would rather have our madness here than all their normal ways of that aging dailylife of theirs, no, for here we close our eyes and anything is possible and then we try to catch that anything in a little slot, and on it goes then, getting better, growing ever more vivid and better portrayed with the passage of time, no, not something for one's old age, something instead of one's old age, for how can there be one's old age on forumland where there was only ever these ageless portrayals here to begin with..."

148 3060 61829

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-04-2012 at 09:54 PM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe