WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 05-20-2014, 01:17 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

at some point it's on us if we buy into promises 100%, we should quantify them before we even take them seriously, scale them back and then you have what they are really saying....on both sides of the aisle
"...doesn't matter if we quantify their promises either, because neither party will keep their words now, where the choice was between the alcoholic and the dipsomaniac towards that drinks cabinet again, the less likely of two bad choices then in that the choice was simply more hell bent war drunk george bush or absolutely anything and anyone else, but it turned out to be another heavy drinker but admittedly at a slower pace it seems..." mentioned the goblin laughing at it now, and seeing the parallel of janet yellen calling it tapering off because the overall injection of liquidity is less than it was, smiling "...meanwhile your uncle sam is like drunk going drunker still, sparring for a bar fight, and is probably going to have one hell of a hangover in the morning too..."

241 4500 141546

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-27-2016 at 11:54 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 03:06 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, new, someone wanting feedback upon a book he'd written

No one?
"...without malice, I can't read all that straight off, but I will sometime I promise..." went the goblin selfish as ever, then adding "...for if you google my username you'll see that my posting pace is hectic at best, but frantic more likely, but you could try xxxxx forum for more response but post here too because this forum is coming to life again and better to be crossbackuped anyway, moreover, if those readers google your username you'll need to have something that maps you out to them, one forum no matter how good is not enough to advance you upon those search engines here...", yes it was always forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act in the goblin's view, adding "...I mean you didn't just think that I was here just for the company of those spambots did you, so a race to readership it becomes, come with me if you like..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-27-2016 at 11:55 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 03:11 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, just saving it here before the chop comes

"...quite so..." replied the goblin, adding "...yet the upside is that if the spams go unaddressed then doesn't that mean that there are no moderators meaning in turn that there is no moderation neither, therefore we have this forum out ourselves where it is up to the individual to self moderate I suspose, not that I am ever rude nor crude nor nude in my posting style...", in fact the goblin suspected too that he would not be here, no that more likely that he would be allowed to be here even, if there had been moderators to moderate him, whereupon the goblin smiled "...the spambots are just pets to me, for wouldn't you agree that all this posting is just transient anyway, an external then, yet what one writes writes one back doesn't it, so it's not the end result as in that which lands in the post perhaps, but the inner result as in that which accumulates within oneself while posting, that actually counts here...", for these were our signs of life on a dead forum today
Yeah, I must admit I'm somewhat disappointed with the activity on these forums. I was hoping for a bit more...Sorry, I can't type much now. I just gashed my thumb and spent the entire evening in the emergency room. It hurts like a ******* and I can only type with one hand now.
"...not to worry, early days yets, I've only been here a couple of weeks and I'm not going away any time soon, so I'll keep you company here and help you gain a bigger readership than those who tuck themselves away in some lost designated area, simply I'm a livewriter I suppose where my track record across forumland is what it is..." went the goblin welcomingly enough though perhaps overplaying his hand somewhat seeing that livewriting didn't as yet make any money, adding "...naah, more readers read the forums than anywhere else, and no they don't have the time in their day to wade through pages of an ebook, they simply want something quick to read so that they can then ready their own reply if any, they read to reply...", simply the goblin felt that the days of the victorian journal had returned but with the added twist of punch and judy for adults, interaction in other words, whereupon the goblin smiled before restarting again "...so we're here now, your readers are here too, where the gap between you and your works has all but gone, for example if you want to know whose ebook to read next, given that you still had that time that is, wouldn't you simply converse with the authors here, or forage the forum for feedback from others now, I mean instead of downloading some self hyped pig in a poke from amazon..." in fact, the goblin suspected that any author who remained aloof vis a vis online readership today was going to fall by the wayside for the others that had learned to write directly in their posts, just the birth of livewriting and livewriters perhaps

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-20-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, saving this one too

http:// xxxxxx Do take a look and vote for it if you think it deserves to win. Thanks

"...naah, not until I've seen your posts here MYAHAHAHA..." went the goblin out to see if this was yet another spambot now, then adding "...it's like that other one who keeps requesting me to join his writer's group only to have spammed me with a dunce ad the one time that I joined, so I left and have given request declined each time ever since...", where the goblin's golden rule was don't go to those who aren't here, where those writers who don't post here are not here by that token, yet those who are here are answerable plus their posts clearly show their caliber too, whereupon the goblin spelled it out now, saying "...file it under no reader accountability, in that those authors who introduce their books without being on the forum afterwards are just doing "post and run", little better than the spambots then, and best avoided for the very contempt it shows towards us...", in fact, the goblin warmly welcomed anyone who turned up here, yet it was a warmth that would turn ice cold if ever the same author returned only to reintroduce himself with yet another ebook, the goblin cringed at the thought even

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-27-2016 at 11:58 PM..
Old 05-22-2014, 02:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

maybe if you posted your poems on your own page, the way it is intended that you do rather than spamming the forum you'd get some responses. when you post to your page, it shows up on the Writing page and alerts all your friends that you've posted something. i've tried explaining this to you before. the forum is a place to talk ABOUT writing, not a place to post your writing. hence, when it says POETRY, that is a place to DISCUSS poetry, not to post it. this site existed for years without a forum. for you to assume that it's the primary focus where everyone should post is simply wrong and using it as such is just as wrong as advertisers using it to spam for products. if you don't get a clue soon, i will just start flagging all your posts except those in appropriate topic areas, as spam. and the moderators do show up occasionally to clear things out. hopefully, that will include you on their next purge.
"...naah, I think I accepted that fate from the outset, till then though you have the pleasure of my company I guess, so do you intend to read all my posts to decide which amongst them are to be flagged, or are you going to flag them without reading them at all..." replied the goblin wondering why xxxxx was always so negative towards not only himself but anyone who simply posted here, just each of his posts in turn were quite discouraging it seemed, bitter even, whereupon the goblin just smiled back "...no I like this forum now and will be ever so sad when finally banned as you say, but to me a writer's forum is somewhere where writers do so much more than that dull writing about writing you suggest, and yes my posts are spam as you put it, just an awful lot of people read spam it seems, plus there's not much choice if you are not here yourself it seems, and if you reduce this forum's potential to some failed to date write about writing again by discouraging others from posting anything else but your archaic write about writing norrowness...", but by now the night had caught up with the goblin again where the goblin then thanked xxxxx for the wet blanket once more and promised he would sleep upon it returning in the morning if still allowed to do so now

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:00 AM..
Old 05-25-2014, 01:29 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, on being asked to review an ebook put up on the fourm

"...welcome to this writer's forum then..." went the goblin with a quick wave of his hand and a wide smile to go with it, but who tended to review nothing until he had fully conversed with its author first, "...and besides too, you wouldn't want to write as badly as I do anyway, no I mean it takes an awful lot of practice, and who knows you might not succeed in writing badly after all, no you might just write very well instead or perfectly even, blah not that boring old perfect again, naah just one perfect now, whereas imperfections are legion aren't they, so it's our imperfections that makes us far more individual than that uniform perfect there, guess that's why I'm out to perfect my imperfections at this point...", yet the goblin also suspected that no one normal ever read his posts this far anyway, inquiring "...ah now, you haven't been reading this far have you, good, no you had me worried for a moment as we're not to be trusted doing reviews neither..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:00 AM..
Old 05-25-2014, 07:37 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Ah! I've been caught out! Please don't tell anyone I read it all the way through.

Just when I had myself convinced I was normal again.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:19 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...naah, just say that you are someone else or that someone else borrowed your account..." suggest the goblin appreciating the wrong company by default there)

repost from elsewhere, new, the christian's forum, chatting with an old soldier

“...well my urge to play computer games is escape pure and simply, it comes on like some hunger and leave off when I am quite sick of it, and yes to others my writing too might seem like yet another game here, yet my posting to me at least is no game, instead it's more like me stepping back from the canvass a moment to see the full picture beyond my dailylife...” ventured the goblin thanking the old soldier and who had changed over the years not only on the outside, he seemed aged now and disillusioned somewhat by a dailylife that often came across and just another computer game here, one where he did and said the right things but where unlike the computer game there was no “off switch” now, sighing “...perhaps disillusion is not an achievement in itself, but at least it is the moment when one has starts to ask oneself why one isn't really one's dailylife neither, just I guess the journey to self starts from this moment then...”

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-27-2014 at 05:55 AM..
Old 05-26-2014, 08:29 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere,

It’s another day today. Days have passed, and some are yet to come. Some have gone by like wind, and others took years. You will not live forever, so don’t take even a second for granted. Who knows it might end up being your best one. Have you ever noticed in the end of a day that you wasted it doing nothing? Well life’s like a diamond, precious and small at the same time. So don’t waste it. If you like eating, go eat till you burst out. If you like writing, go write a book. You like dancing, dance till your feet burn. You like to party, then do so until you no longer know where you are. But don’t let a single moment go by without having fun. Take every opportunity that excites you. Wear what you want whenever you want to. Visit at least 10 different countries. Swim in the ocean. Skydive. Be on every social site possible. Keep a dog. Face your fears. Hug your best friend. Earn money… a lot of it. Spend it on yourself. Get dirty in the mud. Help the poor. Slap someone. Make your own language. Fall in love. But remember….. You’re young and you’re beautiful so live your life and be happy no matter what happens

"...where often one loses sight who one is, where one is going, and why one is here too, for all that excitement of those externals you mention there, just life is deeper than that, where pain is ofter there just to open the eyes..." ventured the goblin who had done enough of them by now to accept that writing was like stepping back from the canvass so to speak, adding "...for the inner world forms while the outer one crumbles away, so my suggestion is not in any way contrary to yours now, it's supplementary, no merely that while you follow that star living life to its full just create some time to write for yourself too, for what you write writes you back, why, because doesn't this life take back her gifts eventually, yet that which you retain within you is ever that which you take with you still, reason enough to befriend a muse before one gets old..."

241 4508 143008

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:02 AM..
Old 05-27-2014, 01:40 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

Well, when I found this site, I couldn't help and resist from joining. I just write and write with things to just go on about. I've already posted my own novel here with all of the chapters so far, and I wonder what you guys think of it and stuff. *don't really have much to say about myself*But other than that, hiya!
"...sounds good human if I may be so bold as to call you one now..." went the goblin always liking any writer who was up front like that, and then adding "...why not keep us company if you like as I imagine the vast majority of arriving readers will first see this forum before they go to anywhere elsewhere.." and with that goblin thoughtfully spayed his hands apart to reveal a small thermos of coffee whose color of ink contents he slowly poured out before handing the cup to xxxxx, adding "...no need to say anything about yourself neither, where none of what you say can be proved for all your words, but what you write, and the way you write it too, will be you to your readers now, your persona by it, a mask in other words, yes nothing like black coffee to get the thoughts flowing is there...", as the goblin waited upon the moment once more

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:04 AM..
Old 05-27-2014, 01:49 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

SOOOOO much spam .. even in this forum! Been there for months. And noone does anything about it. Make me a moderator and I'll clean it up.
"...I second this motion here..." went the goblin somewhat suspecting that he too would be tossed out with that spam at that point, but then smiling at his fate as something marking his time to move on anyway, saying "...well, it was just me and those spambots left standing when I first arrived on this forum, no, can you believe it I was advised not to post on the forum too, but don't I just know that those readers all come to a forum first, that they want interaction with their preferred authors amongst you all, that they won't go near anything of length without first seeing who writes what then, and above all, that they don't want any of that writing about writing waffle waffle waffle, nor those dunce ads to ebooks elsewhere neither, no they just want you authors to write directly in your posts so that they can then see you by what you write, in other words like it or not they're already reading you now, yes your battle for their readership starts with your posts today, where my battle ends with my posts for I have to ebooks, why, cause I'm a livewriter pure and simple..."

Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...sorry about dumping reposts here, I just don't know when I'm going to get banned on that forum, though how this forum puts with me too is anyone's guess..." went the goblin loving christianforum as ever)

repost from elsewhere

I am new in writing and this is my question; "If I include an institution's name, like a school, am I supposed to pay them? " Thank you
"...depends on the country I suppose but either way one opens oneself up to litigation or worse if things ever go wrong now, plus today things are as the rules may be, but who knows what might be around the corner concerning what one has written to date, for example you do remember all those who laughed at a certain bunch of thugs who failed to take over a town hall in bavaria in 1922, well they didn't laugh so loud when those same bunch came to power in 1933 under hitler..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...so best keep fiction as fiction then lest you actually care to go down with your writings, as something written can't be unwritten, it's just out there as you...", simply that in dire times authoritarianism left or right makes a comeback where writers of note are not allowed to hold a contrary position to that authority then, where the the house unamerican commitee would be fine another example here

242 4511 143199

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:06 AM..
Old 05-29-2014, 06:19 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, new, the topic of speaking out

“…well now…” started the goblin somewhat suspecting that speaking out was a good thing in itself but quite drowned in a system today that wasn’t going to budge until the debasement of currency had fully run its course, explaining “…I mean, could it be that in america at least, none of their religious institutions dare speak out for fear of losing their 501c3 tax status, and that their academia too cannot speak out neither for fear of someone pointing back at them their insipid collusion with the loansharks to fleece the very ones they are entrusted to protect from such practices, and lastly that 90% of american media is actually owned by six major corporations anyway, so no, one can rant away where perhaps it will make one feel good for doing so too, just like voting for “boys home by christmas, close gitmo, rectify the patriot act, and the most transparent government america has had to date” made one feel wonderful back then didn't it, but no, god’s true mercy is that empires bankrupt themselves where here too, america together with the west with it, will be no exception without their mentioning it by name then, nor listening to those who speak out neither, for this is both the only news and the one news they can't report on…”, how just once more the road to ruin seemed paved in a debasement of currency, and how many times to date now, and how many empires too, where the goblin then tossed a pebble upon the hard road but the path itself was too old to care about the folly of all those humans who passed this way now

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:07 AM..
Old 05-29-2014, 11:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, the an "introduce yourself" thread with no takers it seems

day three and the writertypes are still out for count it seems thinking up their intros to post below if at all the goblin imagined, meanwhile the goblin himself wondered if he should start a "what are you listening to" music thread, a "what are you thinking" thread, a "what are you doing" thread and lastly a "random thoughts" thread, explaining "...if you treat the readers as just "readers" then, then all they will do is read you and then move on to elsewhere that actually involves them, yet if you involve the readers in yours works and yourselves too, then instead of a dumb readership you'll have created an active replyship here, up to you I guess but would rather not leave them uninvolved seeing how many other writer's forum there are out there now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:08 AM..
Old 05-30-2014, 12:55 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

I quit in the end simply because it got to the stage where I was getting told what to write and I really just want to write fiction. To write about what I know and embellish it to become something really great. To turn my dreams into print on paper.
"...ah no, it's the other way round I feel..." replied the goblin welcoming the human to the forum now, continuing "...in that one doesn't try to capture the dream on paper so much as one writes it down on paper to invigorate the vision of it in one's head, the reader comes along for the ride but it's really a show unto oneself then...", in fact, no one had ever told the goblin what to write nor how to write it, saying "...naah, they kept telling me not to write at all, and that what I wrote was spam, or unsettling, yet the joy about this forumland is the way that in spite of their words one's readership is simply reflected by hitcount alone, in that one's postcount can build up by posting often enough, yet the hitcount is something given to you by those who return each time to see what you have newly written, so now, please don't cheaply turn your dreams into writing like most writers do, practice writing to have better visions still, just don't write for the external is all I'm suggesting because your life is far too short for that then..."

160 4514 143596

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-30-2014 at 01:43 AM..
Old 05-31-2014, 10:58 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, the goblin doing a welcome

"...yay short stories you say, that will do nicely, why thank you then..." went the goblin looking forward to reading whatever was on offer here, but then adding "...naah, it's today's readers that one is up against, it's not like before for they're not satisfied with just reading anymore, no they want to chat with you authors before they venture anywhere near your writings, guess they're getting savvy then, moreover they'll see you more by your posts than by what you offer writingwise, but I digress somewhat...", where without further ado the goblin just opened a thermos of coffee and poured out its black contents into the lid before handing it over to xxxxx in a test of kinship perhaps, then voicing it at best could now, said "...for that distant readership of writing here for some published elsewhere has had its day it seems, for today alas we live in a replyship world of rapport with one's readers reading one directly now, but at least the coffee's good on this forum even if I say so myself though..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-31-2014 at 11:02 AM..
Old 05-31-2014, 11:01 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

"...looking good, so let me know when your forum is up and running, for there seems to be no better way of getting to know who the authors are and what they're about than by simply conversing with them on a forum..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...well, I'll be around, chat with me here if you need further input, or take a look at some of the more popular writer's forums for hints and inspiration, remember that only 3% of the populous in america read books today whereas the number of people online must be at least 50%, thus the real question now becomes how to adapt one's writings to that which online readers are willing to read, yes the potential market for livewriting is staggering yet we're talking about interactive content I guess..." and with that the goblin wished well as then headed off to see if the resident spambot had done another thread for him to hijack, saying "...no, I don't read its spams, but if I edit a posts of mine whenever I come across its spam post, then by the end of the year I would have edited through a mountain of posts without much effort on my part..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-31-2014 at 11:04 AM..
Old 05-31-2014, 11:18 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

I'm new here and know no one, I've got a question that I'd like to throw out to see if there is a logical answer: I've got a Pen Name I have settled on using which is unique and of character for me, but when I ran a google search on it, there is some sort of "game" online using a character of the same name. Would that be destructive to use it anyway, is there anything says I cannot use it anyway? It is not a common name and it actually comes from part of a family name and a first name I chose from many many names and lots of consideration involving my writing style etc.
"...use it for what purpose exactly..." inquired the goblin in a most welcoming tone, adding "...for example, if it is to advance your readership across forumland here then having a username that doesn't show up your threads when googled is no advantage to you whatsoever, so best to have a username the is both unique to yourself while being something that you are quite comfortable with...", but then the goblin wondered if one couldn't go the whole hog here by having a persona that tricks the reader's memory into remembering you, whereupon the goblin smiled "...if you write in third person long enough something that equates of your persona will spring to mind here, afterwhich if you then introduce that persona as you to your readers, that way they'll remember you quickly by it, I mean to date who do you remember by their usernames amongst those you have conversed with either here or elsewhere, um.., not many of them I imagine, me neither, whereas if I ask you how many goblins you have come across, that might somewhat easier for you to reply to MYAHAHAHAHA...", and with that the goblin tapped his toe of the red welcoming carpet turning it more his preferred color green, saying "...the forum is where the readers first turn up, so here is where you must learn your real trade of enticing them towards your posts, where ebooks, blogs, and the rest all pale in comparison to the potential readership of forumland where most readers are, so now you'll write with us won't you, they're just looking for interactive content where they do so lavish attention upon those whom they find interesting..."

242 4517 143789

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:12 AM..
Old 06-02-2014, 01:25 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, the "where are the admins, do something" thread, the goblin stabbing back

This forum is full of spam crap. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!!
"...do you remember some time before where whenever there was a wonderful program on television there were those intervals for ads too, well no one minded at the time because the program was just so worth watching..." ventured the goblin, adding "...likewise, it's not the spam that means this forum is bad, not the spam that stops you writers from posting up your writings neither, nor the spam that stops those readers from seeing the true caliber of you authors by the way you reach out to them here, or not as the case may mostly be, no, what actually fails the forum is when the program provider goes around blaming the ads for the reader's lack of content viewing, yet do those readers even think upon those ads then, no of course they don't as they're just waiting for the show to begin, waiting for your posts where you are tucked away in some designated area waiting for them to go to you instead, ah but will they, I mean why should they go to you now where they have other writer's forums with actual writers present upon them too..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-05-2014 at 01:49 PM..
Old 06-02-2014, 08:10 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
repost from elsewhere, the goblin doing a welcome

...but at least the coffee's good on this forum even if I say so myself though..."
Here, they let us put Scotch in our coffee.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustcallmeEd For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-03-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 12:29 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

Originally Posted by JustcallmeEd View Post
Here, they let us put Scotch in our coffee.
("...odd because this is what I had written on the day you posted then..." went the goblin posting it now)

repost from elsewhere

Well I found this site when I was going through my friends facebook profile .... Oh How I love to read .. I have joined few other sites as well however I couldn't stay without joining this site so Here I am .. Hi everyone...
"...well you certainly did the right thing in joining, plus there's plenty of stuff worth reading for sure, but don't just read here, ah no, your active participation is most welcome too where we would be just honored by your comments now..." smiled the goblin is his welcome before looking at xxxxx more closely, for somehow she reminded him of queenbot that notorious russian spy whose beauty never betrayed her underlying passion for poisoning unsuspecting writers with laced coffee in intros, he stepped back and then asked "...I mean haven't we met before somewhere, so would you care to partake in some beverage between us, a coffee perhaps then where writersbeat I am told has none better...", just the goblin always loved to live dangerously or perhaps xxxxx was someone else again, yet who ever knew who anyone else was until they revealed themselves by their posts

in
xxxx 4520 144326

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-04-2014 at 12:35 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 10:32 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Yes, laced coffee. But you don't have to drink it.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...no poison no fun..." ventured the goblin whose caffeine intake put any poison to shame)

repost from elsewhere, the christians forum,

"...ok old soldier just a test then, simply look at the news awhile, then close your eyes and see if you can recall anything that you saw in that news that was actually newsworthy, where if you can then either you or they are slipping somewhat..." went the goblin aware that "ours is to witness" had to be in the bedrock of one's faith then, sighing "...surely they can't think us that inept as to not know nonnews when it's presented to us where no news is good news perhaps, yet where nonnews is just no new still..." and no, the goblin was not asleep to it though he did wonder upon seeing it reported as real news everyday whether either the vast majority of americans weren't asleep by now, or whether the media just thought that everyone was asleep, and was happy to just keep them that way, but doesn't the real news have a nasty habit of breaking through the nonnews at some point

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-05-2014 at 02:00 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 05:51 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

Hi everyone, I'm new to making friends on author sites so I thought I would introduce myself. I am a Psychologist and self-development writer but I also love fiction and studied Creative Writing and Psychology at university. I plan to go back into fiction in the not too distant future so I thought it would be good to befriend intriguing people with interests in all kinds of genres. Looking forward to keeping in touch. Have a great day
"...well it's very hard to write sincerely when one isn't anonymous now..." replied the goblin reading the above and welcoming xxxxx to the forum in his way, adding "...where two of the hardest parts to writing these days, is not the writing in itself but first finding one's readers, and then having them remember you by what they have read of you, where alas the majority of writers burden themselves with conformity, simply they write like everyone else thus just like everyone else is how it becomes, which I hope you'll agree is a little outdated seeing that there are more readers online today than in those books there, with facebook, twitter, and forumland all up for grabs to the first someone to master those new markets now, yes it could be you indeed, and why not too, or you could just write another book that reaches the dwindling minority, a mere 3% of the populous at best, where there are thousands of ebooks out there already, thousands upon thousands even..." and with that the goblin gently snapped his fingers to the words "...quiet everyone please, lights, camera and action...", as the scene progressed to the rolling camera once more, for here was not elsewhere anymore

242 4523 144582

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:15 AM..
Old 06-08-2014, 05:11 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere, chatting with the mouse again

"...oh yes, and in true mouse style too..." went the goblin coming away with all sorts of thoughts upon what he had just read from her, adding "...yes, I'm really enjoying writing at the moment, not that I'm writing much, more it's just conducive to a lifestyle of an odd coffee or two in a bistro then, oh and a wish with it, to see both what I'm thinking myself and what I'm up against vis a vis the state of things beyond onelself, beyond one's dailylife then, oh yes, that behind the scenes view of the world stage I mean, where it seems nothing ever happens until it all happens at once doesn't it, even if at this moment everything seems so calm now, but no, oil peaked awhile back where the world trade is fast moving away from the dollar at this point...", the goblin touched in fingers in turn counting the instances, going "...so how about their fanfare announcement of troupes out then, yet they're still deploying troupes after that aren't they, or their other announcement of decreasing the liquidity too, their tapering off then, but aren't they still injecting liquidity though, so when has a mere decrease in some action ever become tantamount to an actual change of direction now, so no then, it just means more of the same but slower perhaps...", in fact, the goblin wondered if he wasn't looking at a drunk who excuses himself by stating that whereas before it was such strong scotch, his white wine today clearly indicated that he's sobering up by drinking on, sighing "...yes, sometimes one really does need a strong coffee in a bistro while stepping back from their spin to make sense of all such nonsense..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-10-2014 at 12:57 PM..
Old 06-11-2014, 03:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

repost from elsewhere

Can someone fill me in so I can stop using pronouns! I am blocked literally... I know I need to stop using pronouns but I dont know how to.
What is your problem with pronouns. They are necessary. Also, the second part changes your POV. It is good to show, not tell, but you do have to stick with the POV.
"...well now human, why not try..., ..." started the goblin continuing "...stopping at each pronoun in turn replacing it with the more possessive "whatever" as in my whatever, his whatever, it's whatever, depending, then come back and change the word "whatever" for something that seems more you to your pen there, where I use both pronouns and possessive pronouns too, only that it looks better when they're balanced together and not all the one or all the other...", not the anyone normal ever read his posts now, sighing "...no, you haven't read this far neither have you, good, my faith in humanity remains as strong as ever..."

242 4525 145289

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:17 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 08:32 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

repost from elsewhere

"...well now human, why not try..., ..." started the goblin continuing "...stopping at each pronoun in turn replacing it with the more possessive "whatever" as in my whatever, his whatever, it's whatever, depending, then come back and change the word "whatever" for something that seems more you to your pen there, where I use both pronouns and possessive pronouns too, only that it looks better when they're balanced together and not all the one or all the other...", not the anyone normal ever read his posts now, sighing "...no, you haven't read this far neither have you, good, my faith in humanity remains as strong still..."

xxxx 4525 145289
God damn it - I read it to the end.

And just when I was starting to think I was normal again.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustcallmeEd For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-11-2014)
Old 06-11-2014, 10:32 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

("...well there you go folks, proof that not only am I being read of the greatest minds in all humanity, I'm also being read by JustcallmeEd too, so my day is made I guess..." gloated the goblin with a smile from one ear to the other)

repost from elsewhere, continuation of above

i do read these lol. thanks
"...and thus my faith in humanity is now somewhat diminished again..." laughed the goblin back thinking the authoress could be fun after all, adding "...well, if you're reading this post now, and while you're not writing that epic novel there, you could always chat with me a bit I suppose, I mean between the spambot who plugs its whatevers and those writers who imitate the spambot by plugging their whatevers too, I do miss having a chat with someone over a coffee, but tell you what then, I'll supply the coffee here, and together we could do posts a plenty thus upping the readership on this forum between us now, no nothing in it for me because I'm ever anonymous, ah but you now..., well let's just say that you could well become known by your posts then, and from posts to books even...", ah, but didn't everyone know that that goblins were not to be trusted

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:19 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 12:16 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

("...well there you go folks, proof that not only am I being read of the greatest minds in all humanity, I'm also being read by JustcallmeEd too, so my day is made I guess..." gloated the goblin with a smile from one ear to the other)
"I'm not sure if I'm being lumped in or separated out," said Ed.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:04 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,066

Originally Posted by JustcallmeEd View Post
"I'm not sure if I'm being lumped in or separated out," said Ed.
("...I'm not sure either, so which would you prefer now..." inquired the goblin thinking that without JustcallmeEd the forum would be at a loss)

repost from elsewhere, another case of "how not to" then

Hi guys. I'm new to this site. Hope your all well. I would really appreciate an honest opinion about my book which is the first in a series of (whatever by whoever then) . It is having a large campaign about it done in the USA in a couple more months. So, I really hope your have a look and I would love to look at other fantasy work. So if you have anything you'd like me to read then please let me know. Thanks. (flypassed writer now)
"...and thus yet another author introduces himself and a work that is for the readers to go to..." remarked the anonymously goblin ever present and accountable for, who then smiled "...up to you though, but your posts remain your ambassadors today where running off after leaving your intro here kind of betrays a mindset of contempt towards both the forum and its readers alike, for if here is worth your ad then here is worth your online presence to, here must be where your readers can find you now, but will they I wonder..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:21 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe