WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Contest Central > Previous Contests

Word Vault Flash Fiction: WBQ30 - Comment thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682
Default Word Vault Flash Fiction: WBQ30 - Comment thread

Please leave all comments, questions and anything else in regard to the Word Vault Flash contest here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Kas81 (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 149

Quick question, can I write a piece of flash fiction then convert it into prose for unknown memories?
It's just I think the Victorian words and unknown memories marry quite nicely. There's no rule against it that I can find, but will it be frowned upon?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Life is a journey, you hold the map

Hope for the best, expect the worst, accept whatever happens

A person's true strength is shown in how they handle failure, not success

Old 02-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

I am not sure what you mean by convert. You can not enter the same thing in both contest, but they can be related in theme, chracter, setting and so on.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Kas81 (Offline)
Legend
Official Member

Thanks 149

I mean do the flash fiction and then expand on it to make it into a short story.

Life is a journey, you hold the map

Hope for the best, expect the worst, accept whatever happens

A person's true strength is shown in how they handle failure, not success

Old 02-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

So you would write your flash, submit it, then take the 250 words (or less as the case may be) and write more so that it is up to 2000 words long? I see no problem with that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tau For This Useful Post:
Kas81 (02-08-2011)

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat Quarterly > Contest Central > Previous Contests