WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Is It Really Possible?

Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185
Default Is It Really Possible?

How can wealthy white Liberals, who live in palaces within gated communities without a poor black within miles and miles of them, know what is really best for the black community?

Old 02-18-2018, 06:59 AM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 871

I've got two words for you....Sandra Bullock.
Myers (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Is she a politician? Rich, white picket-fence Liberals who have never walked a block at night in black communities have seriously damaged blacks, keeping them chained to food-stamps and to the welfare rolls.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

The most extensive social welfare programs in the U.S. we're implemented under Lyndon Johnson with his concept of the "Great Society" -- with a lot of bibartisan support.

With the exception of welfare reform under Bill Clinton (also with bipartisan support) conservatives haven't given much more than lip service to curbing these programs -- it hasn't been politically advantageous when it comes down to it.

It's pretty simplistic and kind of silly to point the finger solely at liberals -- especially one small segment of them.

I suspect this has more to do with your irrational loathing of people who are wealthy and supposedly live in a bubble -- something you've flogged time and again.

But we all know you're a caring man of the people and a champion of the downtrodden -- so you really get it!

Last edited by Myers; 02-18-2018 at 02:31 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 02:13 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,192

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
How can wealthy white Liberals, who live in palaces within gated communities without a poor black within miles and miles of them, know what is really best for the black community?

Because black people are just that... people.
Like the white and brown and yellow and red people (we are all just shades of brown anyway, really). Humans.

So, how can humans know about other humans? Easy. One doesnít have to live next to ďpoorĒ blacks to know what impoverished or marginalized communities need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Myers (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

The other thing is almost everyone agrees we need a so-called "safety net" for people who need government assistance -- so it all comes down to how big is the safety net, who's qualified and for how long. That's it.

But as long as politicians on both sides can use this issue as a political football, there will never be a meeting of the minds or any logical, sensible reform designed to help people who really need it.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Clueless and wealthy White Liberals have encouraged poor and uneducated blacks (and others) to stay in poverty by giving them more tobacco and cigarette money for every child they produce. The white Liberals always feared a race riot that could turn to comfortable living upside down. Instead of cutting off the "more cash for more children" tragedy and trying to educate these poor people, the clueless whites (mostly Liberals) have been have been ignoring this problem for decades. That is one of the reasons prisons in the United States are filled with so many black males. These poor and uneducated brothers never had a chance from the beginning -- thanks to the clueless and wealthy white picket-fence Liberals who live miles and miles from poor blacks.

Nothing to loathe about -- just telling as is. I couldn't give a hoot about rich people. At least, I don't have to stay awake at night worrying about my cash and investments as they do.

Nothing more amusing than listening to idiots pretending to be scholarly. That's the icing on the cake. Take a bus downtown to see what's really going on.

Last edited by Cityboy; 02-18-2018 at 02:30 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Yeah -- overreaching social welfare programs have backfired and have kept some people in poverty and dependent on government programs.

Looks like you have aced Conservative Talk Radio Talking Points 101. Congratulations!
Old 02-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Of course, they always spend their welfare money on cigarettes, tobacco, malt liquor and big old color TV sets!

Talk about condescending bullshit and knowing what's best for the negroes...

Last edited by Myers; 02-18-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Of course -- your other assumption is that anyone who disagrees with you or has another perspective hasn't "taken a bus downtown."

More bullshit that you make up and pull out of thin air -- without knowing, you are essentially lying.

Last edited by Myers; 02-18-2018 at 04:14 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 03:49 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 871

Is she a politician? Rich, white picket-fence Liberals who have never walked a block at night in black communities have seriously damaged blacks, keeping them chained to food-stamps and to the welfare rolls.
Statistics show there are more whites than blacks on welfare. I suppose these rich white liberals have never taken a walk in a trailer park at night.

How do you unchain them from this damaging cycle? How do they survive when the basic necessities are beyond their economic reach?

Yes, there are those that abuse the system but there are many that could not survive without it. Abject poverty eventually strips the individual of all hope. The gates of those gated communities can easily be as much for keeping the rich in as keeping the poor out.

In a country as affluent as ours people should not go hungry but many do.

I have had the misfortune of spending time, by choice, in these pockets of severe and debilitating poverty. It was a mind numbing experience and one I will never forget.

Before the welfare system can be abolished, as some say, a suitable alternative must be in the offing. Anything less is a dangerous and foolish venture.

Last edited by Gaines; 02-18-2018 at 03:52 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaines For This Useful Post:
Myers (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 03:58 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,192

Nothing more amusing than listening to idiots pretending to be scholarly. That's the icing on the cake. Take a bus downtown to see what's really going on.

I frequently work downtown, in the thick of it all. Itís not really just a black neighborhood, though. There are blacks, Hispanics, native Americans, and poor whites too.

Luckily, my crew consists of myself, a black guy, a Mexican guy, and a Native American, so, we speak their language. Otherwise it might be dangerous, you know?

Old 02-18-2018, 04:08 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Statistics show that whites far outnumber blacks. You have to be a BLEEPr if you cannot see that for decades wealthy white Liberals have been encouraging poor and uneducated black parents to have more babies by tossing more money at them with each newborn they have. In the meantime, these rich "mudders" send their own children to the most prestigious universities while the children of the uneducated blacks usually end up behind bars because they aren't far off from their parents in education. You think these "mudders" really care about what happens to the black children when they grow up? As long as the blacks don't go romping around where they have their palaces, they couldn't give a shit. You probably don't live by any poor blacks yourself. That's why this is striking a sensitive chord.

Last edited by Mohican; 02-22-2018 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: Insult elimination
Old 02-18-2018, 04:22 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

It usually takes a few more posts for Cityboy to totally lose his shit -- but it looks like we have been rewarded early.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:25 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

For decades now, clueless white Liberals have diverted attention from the problem of creating generation after generation of welfare blacks by pointing a tricky finger at the man in the white hood. In the meantime, they have done just as much damage to the black family, and probably more, than the Klan by keeping uneducated blacks "chained to ignorance." Hopefully, Black Americans will one day realize how, for generations, they have been played by some very clever whites.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:26 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
It usually takes a few more posts for Cityboy to totally lose his shit -- but it looks like we have been rewarded early.
You know, I think you lost yours. They say the truth always stings.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:47 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,192

Statistics show that whites far outnumber blacks. You have to be a stupid motherfucker if you cannot see that for decades wealthy white Liberals have been encouraging poor and uneducated black parents to have more babies by tossing more money at them with each newborn they have. In the meantime, these rich "mudders" send their own children to the most prestigious universities while the children of the uneducated blacks usually end up behind bars because they aren't far off from their parents in education. You think these "mudders" really care about what happens to the black children when they grow up? As long as the blacks don't go romping around where they have their palaces, they couldn't give a shit. You probably don't live by any poor blacks yourself. That's why this is striking a sensitive chord.

The black I employ makes $26.50 per hour and has a company truck, so heís not poor. Heís also never been to jail and has a bachelors degree in chemistry. He does have a chubby white girlfriend, though. Thatís a stereotype isnít it?

So, I guess youíre right after all. I donít know any poor blacks. Iím liberal too, so youíre right again, sort of.

Old 02-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Cityboy -- no one is disagreeing that well-intentioned but overeaching and inefficient social welfare programs have backfired to some degree.

Blaming it all on rich liberals -- instead of really understanding how this problem has evolved and festered due to political maneuvering and pandering across xxxxxxx --personal attack edited out

Last edited by Mohican; 02-22-2018 at 06:31 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 05:01 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

I admire everyone's input, and value their opinions Hugely!!!!

Though African Americans and Hispanics make up approximately 32% of the US population, they comprised 56% of all incarcerated people in 2015. If African Americans and Hispanics were incarcerated at the same rates as whites,

Last edited by Mohican; 02-22-2018 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: for the sheer joy of it?
Old 02-18-2018, 05:07 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

What bullshit?

Is anyone disputing or contradicting that?
Old 02-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Okay, that's all for now. Have a good time arguing with yourself...
Old 02-18-2018, 05:32 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Ever tell you about the time I lived in the hills of Jamaica. Yep, only white boy up there as far as the eyes can see. Lived amongst farmers. Beautiful people. Seventy-and eighty-year-olds as strong as thirty-year-old men. Watch them build caskets by hand whenever someone died up there. Down to earth people -- unlike many greedy U.S. citizens who trample anything under their feet for a buck. Occasionally, I'd take a bus down the hill to visit Montego Bay. On one such ride, A Rasta started racially-motivated crap with me. Another Jamaican came to my defense. You know what he told the Rasta. He told him, "Mon, why you bothering this white mon. He isn't doing anything. You know a few years back my house was robbed and my brother was shot. And, you know what else, mon? It wasn't a white mon who robbed us." The Rasta shut his mouth. And down the hill the bus rolled onto Montego Bay. Those were good years up in those hills.

Someday if you learn how to behave like a civilized Jamaican farmer, I'll post some photos.

Last edited by Cityboy; 02-18-2018 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

You may thank your kind for this stat:

Approximately 12–13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 35% of jail inmates, and 37% of prison inmates of the 2.2 million ...

More accurate.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:07 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,192

You may thank your kind for this stat:

Approximately 12Ė13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 35% of jail inmates, and 37% of prison inmates of the 2.2 million ...

More accurate.

Maybe black people are just more prone to committing crimes. They do like the weed, and everybody knows thatís a gateway drug.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:20 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

What about religious people telling other people whatís best for them?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-18-2018, 11:56 PM
flyingtart (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 186

On the Andrew Marr Show yesterday some middle aged tory minister gushed "It's never been a better time to be young!"

There's never a shortage of pontificating arseholes telling their 'inferiors' what's best for them.
Gaines (02-19-2018), PickleBottom (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 03:00 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

He told him, "Mon, why you bothering this white mon.
I can tell you've been to Jamaica -- you REALLY nailed the accent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
Gaines (02-19-2018), PickleBottom (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 03:03 AM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks 403

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Maybe black people are just more prone to committing crimes.
That's why my grandma said she used to count the silverware after the help left for the day. Not every time -- but you know, often enough to make sure.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:01 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 493

Ever tell you about the time I lived in the hills of Jamaica. Yep, only white boy up there as far as the eyes can see. Lived amongst farmers. Beautiful people. Seventy-and eighty-year-olds as strong as thirty-year-old men. Watch them build caskets by hand whenever someone died up there. Down to earth people -- unlike many greedy U.S. citizens who trample anything under their feet for a buck. Occasionally, I'd take a bus down the hill to visit Montego Bay. On one such ride, A Rasta started racially-motivated crap with me. Another Jamaican came to my defense. You know what he told the Rasta. He told him, "Mon, why you bothering this white mon. He isn't doing anything. You know a few years back my house was robbed and my brother was shot. And, you know what else, mon? It wasn't a white mon who robbed us." The Rasta shut his mouth. And down the hill the bus rolled onto Montego Bay. Those were good years up in those hills.

Someday if you learn how to behave like a civilized Jamaican farmer, I'll post some photos.
Heh -- I remember. This is where you took suitcases of fancy city duds with you, to go live in the hills of Jamaica, and ended up acting like Jesus, passing out all your clothes to the natives so they could cover their nakedness.

Except you didn't do it out of the kindness of your heart, you did it so you could go back to New York and say, "See me -- I had suitcases of spendy, ridiculously inappropriate cold Northern city clothes I packed all the way there only to find them unwearable in the heat and humidity, so I -- look at me, here, I'm demonstrating my humility -- I gave them all away to those poor simple farmers so they could look like they, not I, had made some really poor wardrobe choices."

I want to see pictures.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:21 AM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 69

For decades now, clueless white Liberals have diverted attention from the problem of creating generation after generation of welfare blacks by pointing a tricky finger at the man in the white hood. In the meantime, they have done just as much damage to the black family, and probably more, than the Klan by keeping uneducated blacks "chained to ignorance." Hopefully, Black Americans will one day realize how, for generations, they have been played by some very clever whites.

Jokes on you Cityboy, when whites wake up they will realize that for generations we've been played by some very clever whites and every race has been telling the ghosts what the elite ghosts been playing, but poor whitey isn't poor or incarcerated enough because if they were, then there would be reason for an actual revolution and we can't have any of that

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table