WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 04-26-2018, 12:57 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost form elsewhere, the "get real" thread

"...get real, well yes I suppose that's all very well for someone who wants to be "their reality" there, just "real" each time then, but what if I don't want to "get real" now, when and where that "being real" sounds so much like perfection does, ah yes all that predictable perfection again, being a boring thing in itself with no flexibility whatsoever, naah your reality is overrated humans, where imperfection offers one so much more unpredictability doesn't it..." replied the goblin also wondering what most folks read these days, oh and whether he ever saw them reading it for all their opinions upon the matter, then adding "...you see, those readers are no further away from you than at the other end of your posts, and you could pretend if you like that those who read your posts aren't readers at all, yet more folks read short interactive content today than most anything else, so where are your posts now, me I find my authors through their posts if at all where authors without posts are like painters without sketches, so sketch for me while you still have my attention...", and with that the goblin agreed that most writers were their own worst enemies for their arrogance they showed towards their own posts, then the goblin just smiled saying "...btw to get real "real" just look up from your screen and just admit to yourself that you're bored out of your banana, so instead get "productive" now, "imaginative" too, and just flow form your pen in posts a plenty, for ever that journey to self awaits...", where the voice in the background went "...this has been a public service announcement on behalf of "reality escaping goblins" everywhere..."

xxxx 6060 447387

The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
anna (05-05-2018)
Old 04-27-2018, 04:12 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere, someone on Jat's thread

"...ah but it's not what I write that matters now, no it's what you think up by why reply that matters to me here, or else I go hungry in this endeavor between us, so feed me then, pull more words from your pen and ponder a reply to me..." smiled the goblin in a most goblinlike manner, and who like "jats the chameleon" remained anonymous throughout, relating "...well now, perhaps too their "fame and fortune" sounds like "vain and cheap" to me, yet either way it's a prison of one's own making to be swayed by such distraction, being a lesser goal compared to the true freedom of one anonymity here, so writers write while those readers read, but us livewriters are more like cheats then, for we feed to be fed in a round of sorts, and besides, no one remembers even yesterday's posts, yet "what one writes writes one back" and that ability remains and grows doesn't it, so it's that ability that is my true goal here, wish me luck now and keep me company still...", in fact, the goblin mostly loved those long moments between whatever lines he hit upon in his head and their posting with his tapping keyboard, saying "...my posts perhaps are born of this depth here, thus they're as me then right up until the moment they're finally posted away, but then they're on their own I guess where their continued life or eventual death rests solely upon the whims of this all too fickle forumland alone..."

xxxx 6061 447839

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-27-2018 at 04:39 AM..
anna (05-05-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 12:20 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've written two historical novels, one set during World War II, the other during the mid-Sixties. Both have a global range. I've no idea how to get published, or even readers.
"...me I like to read the works for those whom I've conversed with first, why, because it brings their works into perspective..." smiled the goblin who felt the easiest way to get readers for one's books was to turn one's books into audiobooks and upload them to youtube, restarting "...it might mean that you have to offer the first book as bait there, but if they like that first book well then they might buy the sequel of it if linked...", not that the goblin himself cared to read books much, yes he did read them still, only that he seemed increasingly alone in doing so, just everyone else seemed online chatting away instead, only audiobooks held their readership because they alone could be played in the background while one drove to somewhere or did the housework or just plain whatever then, before concluding "...whoops, sorry I guess none of this really has anything to do with welcoming you to this forum as should be...", so in order to make amends the goblin simply drew a circle in the air to reveal a coffee-table, and upon it only the finest filtered coffee, cream and sugar, and a whole plateload of homemade biscuits too, before turning to xxxxx, asking "...now you'll join us won't you, I mean more folks read casual posts than most anything else, where all you have to do is "make a name for yourself" by what you write for them here, yet it's not "what you write" for them really, but "what you keep on writing for them", something as a constant then, that keeps them reading you still...", in fact the goblin couldn't be more inviting even if he knew he was offering a posting treadmill in disguise here

xxxx 6062 448118

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-28-2018 at 12:23 AM..
anna (05-05-2018)
Old 04-29-2018, 12:18 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere, infighting again

"...well, it's good to see that we're getting on so well still..." went the goblin not minding what got posted, nor by whom neither, just as long as it actually got posted though, adding "...no, a post is like a defiance of sorts, where each time one posts it seems to say to oneself "see, you're not quite dead to your surroundings are you, no you're your own mind still, for you can still post, and have just posted this to prove it"..." whereas dailylife was a thief then, for it would have one live for its values alone, its preoccupation with personal concerns, social trappings, and ever just so much homage to that moneygod there too, that's your dailylife isn't it, to which the goblin then added "...alas humans, you can never "know the truth of it", for the truth is ever too big to know in its full, but if it's any consolation to you now, you can always "know the lie of it" instead, where it's hardly "a conspiracy theory" to merely point out to oneself alone their lies now, to swim against that deception still, so your posting on is like swimming on, why, because if you don't post somewhere sometimes then your dailylife wins in your place by you complacence towards it, yes days add up into years with so many minds around you as if drowned in all this preoccupation with dailylife, yet you're not drowned yet are you, no your posts prove it don't they..."

xxxx 6063 448459

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-30-2018 at 12:54 AM..
anna (05-05-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 05:06 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere, chatting with anna

"...me, I want to return to the stage before that slight as I hate being this correct with anyone really..." confided the goblin who by nature liked to help and to be appreciated for his help too, instead the slight had cut deep and any willingness to work beyond the stipulations of the contract by way of introducing other clients to the contractor was now out of the question, and where the contractor too couldn't ask directly neither, no the goblin wanted to fling to whole topic together with that slight with it to the back of his mind now, fat chance though as slights like that one stick deep, whereupon the goblin just sighed "...no,I'll win this battle, but the spoils are spoiled, and besides what we all get to see clearly is just how goblinlike my persona really is then...", "...ah yes, a small minded creature indeed with no generosity whatsoever, sounds like you'll go far in that human world there goblin..." ventured the slot in a comforting tone

xxxx 6064 450191

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-08-2018 at 04:30 AM..
anna (05-05-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 11:40 PM
anna (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 118

anna wished she had the finesse to pen him a beautiful post in the time before she should make tea, provide comfort and tend to washing machine by way that life continued regardless and the children needed her more so than ever there was in the repetition of the familiar, the show must go on. So Bonhams had valued her picture and she had afforded it by means of birthday gift from her parents a while back and they would like her spending it on the heart of a man who as a child hid in the Flemish woodland to avoid the holocaust that had taken his father away. And there it all was - so plain to feel if you saw. Imagine, actually she had bought it for a friend but at the moment she needed the picture more than she could say because the artist’s work had a bewitching quality which portrayed the very vitality anna was counting on to see her through. ‘I will fall into the picture when things become overwhelming babe - you will find me there amongst the trees in the moonlight.’

Last edited by anna; 06-17-2018 at 03:31 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (05-06-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 07:48 AM
anna (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 118

anna stopped in her busyness and slipped into his daydream, she was glad to sit awhile and have tea as she gently positioned a large flowerpot brimming with daisies onto his desk for safe keeping. The mailman’s virtual friend was methodically throwing her life away by the car load, back and forth box by bag, maybe she could have profited from the process and traded it on but no. See this nook of the planet was a ghostly artist quarter haunted by multiple-home-owners who hoarded the creative essence of humanity within historic properties of immense value, private collections were hidden stealthily away from sight and taxman. The globe trotting invaded many a town, didn’t speak the language nor radiate warmth within the microclimate of local life ‘nah babe, they are inhabitants of a parallel universe, they don’t speak the language of common currency, they don’t trade warmth is what I mean, my stuff I’ll give away or recycle ... you can get mighty sentimental about belongings, furniture, possessions - great bulky objects that make for silent witnesses to the daily drama but it’s the little things I’m keeping from now on - so it’s belonging we’ll be moving out with and it’s remarkably portable.’

Last edited by anna; 06-17-2018 at 03:37 AM..
fleamailman (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 04:20 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere, chatting still

"...I saw your post, and you always play yourself down too no you're you in your own right there where we're all just different it seems..." smiled the goblin who for his part was over that "battling within" stage, accepting instead that those conditions, the ones he had wished for would go unmet and that he would just have to accept things as they were rather than waste whatever thoughts he had left holding onto hope then, relating "...the sun is out, yes all these years later and it still pulls a smile from these lips, somehow it just reminds me only to live for today alone, pity I can never build up enough courage to actually do so though, for if ever I were to start compiling things for some bucket-list then what does that just mean that I would have to admit to myself too...", the sun just shined away, and besides, it had heard the goblin's deliberations and excuses a thousand times before, so there was the goblin and his as of yet unthoughtof bucket-list rested a little beyond the goblin vanity still, pity though, where perhaps some day in the future he'd get round to compiling it then

xxxx 6067 451688

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-08-2018 at 05:55 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 05:06 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 274

I wish i was the only one
To write about the birdies—

and to the gobble goblin, a very merry wednesday. they are a chatter box's least favorite of days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (05-13-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 04:45 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 274

flea bot, <-- lmao

O̲ppa̲ (っ-̶●̃益●̶̃)っ ,︵‿ S̲t̲yl̲e̲

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
fleamailman (05-13-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 11:18 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 274

the goblin has a face

ᕙ(`▿´)ᕗ

thus it fits--
and when it died
right here and dried,
i present these here
so death offsets thusly!

💭
fleamailman (05-13-2018)
Old 05-13-2018, 03:10 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

("...the old man goes through bouts of illness, and bouts of all imposing work..." remarked the goblin ever at his side while thanking the poetess for being herself here too, before adding "...I turn up, I hit the "new posts" button and then if I see that there's her poem again then curiosity takes over, I know I can't keep up the old pace but if I ever stop outright then I'm as if dead before my time, thus the journey to self continues or else I'm just my dailylife again, and that my dear poetess is why we're winning still...")

repost from elsewhere

"...everyone who posts on a "last post" thread is a winner for a while..." thought the goblin, "...it's just that life then continues regardless so one has to keep on winning, no not so much against the others here, against oneself mostly..." though the goblin admitted that that too, was fun at times, "...naah, the real win is against the part of oneself that just wants to live dailylife from day to day without so much as looking inwards, or without forming any opinion at all, or just without whatever, life living one and not one living life..." blurted out the goblin to himself mostly since somehow he too, now believed that growing older was all about gaining depth at the expense of letting go dailylife's distractions, yet that other extreme also annoyed him too, in that he understood that one mustn't live life solely for sake of one's old age, where the warning "old young is old long" seemed to sum up both sides of the pros and cons to him at this point yet without any real reconciliation between them though

1 6071 453718

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-13-2018 at 03:23 AM..
Old 05-13-2018, 03:20 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,374

[QUOTE=fleamailman

if I stop then I'm dead before my end, thus the journey to self continues or else I'm just dailylife again...")

[/QUOTE]

And thus, with pen, we plod, stumble, crawl and writhe across the page.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:13 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

("...just editing here..." went the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

here then the goblin posts his wish once more, something that he has voiced to himself enough, repeating "...well then I wish that I could do the right thing and that the right thing would happen from it..." and yet the goblin also knew that dailylife just wasn't so orderly or cheap like that, frankly dailylife owed one nothing for any of one's actions good or bad now, thus the goblin didn't look to the reward of those actions he did, and thus "those actions" had become all the reward or punishment he could ever expect really, where those actions became just that much more honest whenever he ignored personal gain or loss by it, concluding "...neither heaven nor hell are my motivations in my actions, naah I'm not for sale as I don't look to the consequences of my actions, instead the actions are both those rewards and those punishments in themselves, where indeed often they are a mixture of both too, I still have to choose in my turn though..."

Old 05-13-2018, 04:55 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
And thus, with pen, we plod, stumble, crawl and writhe across the page.
"...exactly, it's never "what we write" really is it, but whether we choose to "we keep writing" that separates those on their journey to self here from those who just let their days pass around them still..." ventured the goblin who hated calling it a journey to death though, far too morbid he felt, repeating "...either way then, we go to our deaths, yet we could change all that to a journey to self before that point, guess that's why they call it one's journal there, simple in effect one becomes one's own journalists like this, yet me I feel more like a painter though, a painter of posts choosing my own way to paint things...", but that was just the goblin for you where today too it rained outside the bistro, yet the goblin was happier to wonder where did summer go to than worry about what to do when summer's heat finally came, smiling "...to post is to choose to differ really, we are few amongst the many amongst the millions who don't post at all, by that I wonder if there's something wrong with us really..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-14-2018 at 12:15 AM..
Old 05-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 451

Nah, nothing wrong at all, that a couple of shots of Scotch won't fix. Something to make the dailylife seem not so immediate.

I died once; went to a place where all was one, and one was all. I became part of the Universe, saw it all and understood it.

Understood perfect peace.

Had a choice: Stay, or go.

I stayed (here), and what I remember the most is that perfect peace, a feeling of complete and utter, total serenity.

Of knowing all of everyone's dirty secrets:the time my brother fucked my wife;the shenanigans that kept me from getting what I wanted, no matter how hard I worked for it - all the little slights and grand felonies that had been committed against me, and I became aware of the fact that none of it mattered.

In the Universal scheme of things, my little problems down here were nothing but a drop in a bucket in a big ol' ocean of things to worry about, and as such were, as a friend used to say, "Nothin' but a thing."

Which got me to wondering:if it's so peaceful out there, so brimful of satisfaction, what possesses us to come here?

And then I got it. It's boredom. Twenty gazillion eons of being all and knowing all, and I believe a man would just have to get drunk and shoot a TV.

So that's all life is. An amusement park for the angels, as it were, where we can pull a bunch of energy together in a tight little ball and walk around in it, shooting guns and fucking women and generally being little heathens.

So don't worry too much about finding 'yourself'. You'll be there when you die, and you'll detatchedly wonder why you wasted so much time looking for something that was coming your way anyway.

Anyhoo (to borrow a saying from ol' Picklebottom), it's all just a trip. Enjoy.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."

Last edited by Prodigalson; 05-13-2018 at 12:06 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 05:13 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 274

Be my fire right by me
Through the darkness—
Never been so damn afraid before—
Save me from the horror;

It’s there; then it’s not;—
It’s a fear, I made up—
Now you’re here;
But you’re not,
Still you’re all that I got.

💭
fleamailman (05-15-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 12:34 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere, the goblin blessing his anonymity here

"...I'm glad for you, roof over your head and fighting on still..." went the goblin who had decided to stop "lying down to die" as it were, accepting the truth for all that it was but somewhere inside him he was now holding onto hope instead, saying "...sex is ever a backbone to wellbeing xxxxx, thus the old, either in finding themselves in a sexless relationship with their spouse, or quite alone now, feel their worthlessness all the more, yes with me it's been years now, besides I'm not sure if I still could do it even, and no I'll never buy my way out of this as some other men might, but does that mean that I should let myself go here, yes there's no fool like an old fool xxxxx, but the old fool holds onto hope lest he discard his foolishness for his sobriety making him an even bigger fool by it...", "...ah yes, one is all too innocent until later when one's guilt eats away at one goblin, who knows then, perhaps you're not quite dead inside after all, guilty of the thought as it were..." softly whispered the muse's voice in the goblin's ear, where the goblin for his part knew of his guilt now even without his acting upon it, though he wanted her skinship, sighing "...to die coldly in one's correctness or to burn in one's guilt then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-22-2018 at 12:51 AM..
anna (05-23-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 01:32 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere

I start;
do you like you?
"...you mean, as me as a goblin on the internet, why yes I do like my persona like this..." replied the goblin in all modesty, then adding "...for the old man is just my other act as it were, just an act subject to all the constraints of its dailylife, limited by the reality of whatever one's dailylife is, oh, and how one is expected to act within it too, whereas here online the only limitations one faces are those of an unimaginative imagination coupled the clumsiness of one's pen, both of which can be corrected in the rewrite though, alas one's dailylife act doesn't seem to get that rewrite there, what a pity but understandable...", and ever it seemed that one's virtual reality was just whatever one could make of it, no all that one could make of it, whereas one's actual reality was whatever it could make of one, smiling "...me I like myself online better, for its limitations are surmountable still..."

xxxx 6078 456471

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-28-2018 at 12:57 PM..
anna (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 09:29 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere

“...so, since I want to be alive at this point, this dailylife is as it is and by that default I must put up with it...” mentioned the goblin who could easily choose for it to be otherwise though, or have that choice taken from him even, where indeed one’s life was never a certainty at any age, and besides the goblin just burned with a newfound zeal of some unimposed love for someone half his age, saying “...what do I want, well to sleep with her of course, which I probably can’t do even if she was actually complicit, might as well settle for her visiting me in hospital, and standing over my grave too, ah yes great goals on paper but hardly practical now and not very romantic neither, so rather than what I want of her, perhaps I should wonder instead what she wants of her own life and help her that way, which kind of turns me into her fiery god mother I suppose, and she into my cinderella...", "...ah yes, there's no fool like an old fool..." went the chorus in the background, though the goblin just shrugged at such wisdom as he felt his youth returned once more, and perhaps it was all in this head but that was good enough for him now

xxxx 6079 457149

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-04-2018 at 02:33 PM..
anna (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 10:13 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere

next day and xxxx is still moving home the goblin guessed while guessing too that she was happier, she deserved to be happy, the goblin too was just happy now yet for no particular reason his end, nor did he want to find any reason to be otherwise, relating "...my son works, his wage is going to put up our rent so I might have to work less to plead poverty, fear not I will work for free then...", in fact, the goblin somehow knew that he had to hide his happiness from others, relating "...ah yes, one's happiness is like one's wealth really, where people in comparison with themselves often shun others who are are either too burdened by their poverty, or who cause one envy by their wealth, same goes with happiness too, just best not show either extreme happiness or extreme unhappiness then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 05-22-2018 at 10:15 AM..
anna (05-23-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 06:25 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere

slowed down to the hospital's tempo, if anything the goblin was more with the captain at this point than when they worked to save money all through those years together, all for the future then, yet this was the future now as the conversation had no importance really save that it was intimate without saying something that either of them would later regret, yes hospitals had their own tempo and just gave one time like that, so now the goblin's lot was just the day's work then a visit the hospital in repetition, days of the week passing into those weeks that were memories soon enough, she sat in the chair, the goblin sat opposite her then, her urine bag trailing from below, the dripfeed of painkiller needled to the back of her hand, but at least she was eating again, yes that could be a reprieve of sorts, and besides life was just borrowed time he knew, "...take me to the bathroom I want to brush me teeth now..." she said, the goblin wheeled her as protectively as possible, knowing it was the same spell then, oh yes merlin's cave hadn't changed since his mother's time those years back, with that same sense of unmentioned grip to it, same sobriety encased in smiles and reassurances, smiled and hidden thoughts perhaps, as the goblin promised to return the next day too, and as yet he didn't know the truth of it really, but just to be within these walls was truth enough he felt, a scene reminiscent from mcbeth where mcbeth says "she should have died here after", but no then, unlike mcbeth the goblin so wanted to exit before his captain then, how opposite indeed, "...must go now, but I'll be back tomorrow after work, promise..." he whispered as the cave's clock finally divided the "caring" from its "care for", tomorrow would be another day he knew but this day was all but over now

xxxx 6081 460021

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-08-2018 at 02:23 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (06-02-2018), Nick Pierce (06-03-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 02:27 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

("...thanks for the likes..." replied the goblin)

"...not much to write my end, though perhaps her cancer is not a shock like it was even if its ramifications haven't quite set in neither, so I guess they'll be that dreaded moment that I know I'm relating to a corpse, that's right with me someone often hits me as dead even before their actual death, meaning I grieve just as much about what I'm about to loose as to what I've finally lost, no I don't think I've ever felt mournful at a funeral when it was some closure or culmination of a drawn out process..." mentioned the goblin who had now set out to clear the clutter from the apartment before her return shortly, adding "...naah, I'm not by nature a tidy person, not that I'm a very untidy person by that statement though, only that she's the captain and as such she's ever more married to her housework still than to me really, where alas with her waning command the apartment will no doubt mutiny under my lapse care, ah but let's not drown before the boat sinks, and besides like I mentioned before "it's one day at a time" now, just make it to the end of the day and that day is won...", the hour was late, and the goblin, who was somewhat out of practice at relating his thoughts like this, instead listened in silence to the muffled hum of the street traffic below his appartment, somehow the evening's rain had washed away the day's grime again, till finally he just smiled to the words"...naah, how dare I say that today is not my day, for any day left is my day still..."

xxxx 6082 460613

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-08-2018 at 02:28 AM..
Old 06-05-2018, 12:10 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 451

Aye, and I've often wondered what it would be like to be with someone long enough to get used to them being there, and then have to face the loss of them. I think that is why I always ran them off or left them, out of the blue, right when it seemed to be developing into something that could be permanent - I'd felt the pain before, and I couldn't face the prospect of that knife to the guts again.

But you can't just shut down the pain side - you have to shut down the loving side, too, because that's where the hurt comes from, from having loved them so much, and now I believe I've shorted myself, giving up love for a guarantee of no heartache.

Feel your sorrow, old man, and remember the love that created it. Feel your sorrow, and be glad in it, for it means you had the love, when some of us were too foolish to embrace it.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-05-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 03:56 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

("...at least I can write about it from the depth of my anonymity here..." replied the goblin who would try to catch it with his pen then, adding "...somehow I always fall back to writing about it, I don't live in the spur of the moment, no reflect what I live on paper to keep it under wraps perhaps...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin at this point was caught in a battle, one not of his making nor of his own, and how to be a soldier he knew was simply to show stance in face of adversity, relating "...how do I feel, frankly I divorced from my emotions somewhat, yet what must be will be, but I can ill afford to die with her, though many man do just that then don't they, regardless I must live as she requires of me, where what with our roles reversed I would expect no less from her I imagine...", yes the doctor had related that it was going to ba a "three pronged response" to her condition, yet the goblin had interpreted it as hastati, principes and triarii so the old man went about his business tidying up the apartment with some newfound zeal that he'd never had before, where his captain would be return shortly, smiling "...just to keep her out of merlin's cave for as long as possible then, for that's the battle while it lasts..."

xxxx 6084 460829

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-13-2018 at 01:17 AM..
Old 06-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 451

That is not a bad analogy, for one who holds steadfastedly for a cure. Hastati, principes, and triarii worked well for the Romans, and their equivalent in the present situation (chemo, radiation, and surgery - lets get it right out there and say it) worked well for me - I'm still alive ten years after being given less than a 50/50 chance.

Give it everything you've got, and if it's not enough, let the love outweigh the pain. You're a lucky S.O.B. to be able to feel it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-06-2018), Grace Gabriel (06-07-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 12:01 AM
anna (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 118

In my thoughts babe, love ever and tenderness to the captain. anna was busybusy perched in sunshine grooving in the moment waiting for the banks and businesses to open. Love sure ain’t possession, it’s liberation, freedom. Haven’t mastered the skill to write peachy post in this transient second but enjoy trying..

https://g.co/kgs/RBcVAZ

Last edited by anna; 06-06-2018 at 12:16 AM..
fleamailman (06-06-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Grace Gabriel (Online)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,129

And Grace slipped in - giving the goblin a warm hug for starters - and a tart slap for dessert. "Snap out of it Flea", she said gently, feeling that the mind was the most powerful weapon and any amount of artillery was useless in the hands of a soldier resigned to defeat. And Grace dimly remembered some old adage about life manifesting the circumstances you dwell on - our thoughts programming every cell in our body. "The captain needs you to EXPECT her to win the fight", Grace told him, squeezing his hands and forcing him to stare into her denim eyes - as if her searing gaze could transmit a voltage that would make Flea invincible. "No amount of imagining the worst outcome will ever prepare you for it", she murmured, "and The Captain will see that goodbye in your eyes and resign herself to it." And Grace squeezed his hands tightly in hers - her arms serving as jump leads from one heart to another. "You're so very clever", Grace said, "but miracles come from blind, obstinate faith - not intelligence." And Grace slipped away into the shadows, leaving something of herself with him. Love needs no address to find its target.
fleamailman (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 01:06 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

repost from elsewhere, not really more in reply to the above, "..thanks Grace and anna and Prod..."

somewhat emotionless the old man and the goblin were like two different beings, one outside one inside, where the old man was exactly as he should be, ever that no doubt pragmatic man who had to see things through with a clear smile of confidence, meaning not only that he had to support his captain upon her return but also their livein offspring too, offspring then as the term his "children" could hardly be less apt, point in case the evening dinner had been a chance to set family policy now, the policy being simply not to go beyond the doctor's pace, meaning that if she wanted to know how things truly were then she'd best hear it from the doctors directly, so we'd play positive and dumb, the doctor's pace then, whereupon the goblin related "...best to play it positive as Grace says, not to contradict the pretense if any, and then to take it one day at a time too...", in fact, the goblin knew that the old man was super solid, after all he had looked after his mother those many months leading into years when she was failing, hospitals visits, late nights, whatever, but the goblin himself was quite different then, being an inner creature, something created by a constant reflection in juxtaposition to the old man's facade there, smiling "...me, I'm the honest one though, simply I'm something born out of the practice of passing my lot constantly through the focus of my pen here, ah yes, years pass and the old man has grown old by now, and grows older still, whereas me I haven't changed one bit since I commenced started this thread, I'm none the wiser I'll admit...", in fact, the goblin suspected that his posts would continue being written in the background of the old man's act, and more so now that the captain would cause him to reflect upon his actions, adding "...tomorrow is the big day of her return from merlin's cave, and the housework though pretty much done is never passable, just he housework is the way I show my love for her and ever the way she counts it..."

xxxx 6088 461472

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-13-2018 at 01:21 AM..
Old 06-07-2018, 01:40 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,012

"...well, in my new situation I guess any other love takes a back seat now, meaning what I feel for anyone else is put on hold even if I feel it deeply for what it is, besides I know better than to burden anyone else with this demise..." mentioned the goblin who envisaged the rest of his days as single then, then adding "...no, what I have to be careful about is not letting this kill me too, as men often follow their wives into their graves, either through the stress of it all, or through that depression afterwards, btw I'm not depressed, I'm a fighter in her battle with the sole intention of doing all I can for her now, where the outcome matters only the context of battling on for as long as she can and wants to battle on, and yes here in switzerland there is an exit from too much pain, so what would I do if she asked for that exit there, why I'd grant it for her, so does this make me a killer, perhaps, but not in my opinion, instead it just gives me my humanity if any, yet till that point though this battles just continues till it rages for some decision..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-14-2018 at 04:17 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe