WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 06-13-2014, 02:46 AM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 115

The pic is strange.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheDumbOne For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

flea's always are.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustcallmeEd For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 01:30 PM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 115

That was a flea? Is it time to flee?
fleamailman (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 01:40 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Nah - stick around. By the time you wend your way through flea's maple-syrup posts you can usually pull some little truth worth knowing out of the morass...if nothing else then at least the reassurance that you're not ADD...you can still focus...I've found that a drink or two helps, as long as they're strong ones...before it be thought I've been easily influenced I'm bailing...c-ya.
fleamailman (06-13-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 09:17 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

("...your posts are on the up there, certainly I've noted how you both do better posts now and I read your other posts when I can..." mentioned the goblin happy with the replies above, adding "...btw you can post pictures in this thread too, just an opportunity to see if you can illustrate your texts I guess as part of your writing process...")

repost from elsewhere, another writer's forum frequented only by a goblin, the occasional flyby "post and run" author, and a resident spambot that the goblin is play "post for post" with

"...sounds good though it might be best to get to know the others here before you require anything of them..." suggested the goblin just suspecting that if one was reviewing a work by a friend then one would be more inclined to put oneself out on their behalf than if it was someone who one didn't know from adam, smiling "...and besides too, I imagine that unless you've modeled your book for the goblin fraternity then I'm entirely the wrong creature to be reviewing your book there, , but tell you what though, if you want to make a name for yourself in fiction as you say, you might start out not by writing about writing in front of your readers as alas most writers do, but by creating your own world in your posts for these readers directly, for remember that most readers don't want to read online anyway, no they actually want "in" where you only have to create an opening for them here, ah but you can cut it as livewriter...", and with that the goblin cupped his hand to his ear again, where no doubt the spambot would show up soon, explaining "...no, I converse with the authors here, and then hijack the spamthreads for my editing again, yet either way it's just getting oneself known to one's readers in our different ways, whereas for me alone here then, it's just my habit here, not that anyone ever needed a reason for habit now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-14-2014 at 12:51 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

You sound lonely today, flea.

(I'm talking to a flea)
Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

("...no sleep last night..." replied the goblin, adding "...so I hereby motion the world cup series very first nosy footballer's cull, will anyone second me here I wonder...", as a sea of hands simply shot up into the air across geneva in the goblin's imagination at least)

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-14-2014 at 01:15 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 10:48 PM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

"Love conquers all ..." The little mouse sighs and sips her first coffee of no doubt many to follow after a sleepless night. "... but that isn't the whole truth, not if there's more below the surface than undying love and a deep want for the other."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 01:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

("...a boiled brain in a baked body now appreciates all the distraction he can get..." went the goblin who was hot, alas hot for the wrong reason it seemed, thanking the mouse though)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin playing with the spambot

"...getting real close there spambot..." went the goblin looking at it now, the spambot just tilted its head slightly to one side, smiled, and looked back at the goblin again, where of course the goblin knew too that it couldn't actually understand what the goblin was on about, but even so the goblin addressed it still "...ah no, if you really want to pass yourself off as one of these authors here you need to write something more like dude I've written a book with some link to elsewhere then, not that it ever worked though because the reader just saw it for what it was...", where the spambot was still watching the goblin who raised a finger to the words "...and what is it if I may be so honest, well just perhaps what it really is a missed opportunity to reach the reader in one's posts while they are reading this..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-14-2014 at 01:43 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
luckyme (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 01:38 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

... a repost from another place, a dark place where there is no more than one ...

"Is the soul a bare canvas for hurt to paint upon, love to colour, and demons to devour," the little mouse asks. Not expecting an answer really for she knows the answer. It is our inner most self which colours and taints, it is all who we are and what we could be, have been, done and went through that makes one who one is, now and forever. "Can one really change? Can one really reinvent ones self if one discovers the demons that live within, or should one learn to tame the demons and live with them, find a way to love and be loved demons and all?" The little mouse shakes her head and sips her coffee after read yet another part of life and found one can never know another like another will never truly know her. "Are all locked into the cave of their own making? Closed minds, closed eyes and ears, deaf to what is said behind the words uttered, blind to the language of the body, hearing what one fears to hear and seeing what one despises but what isn't actually there apart from in their perception of the other." Smiling the little mouse stares at her reflection in the glass door of the kitchen cabinet while pouring another coffee. "And back again to perception and misconception, wrong assumptions and how those break into pieces what could be the best thing ever."

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 02:34 AM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 115

How much can an alien skull say anyway?
fleamailman (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 07:58 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

That's not an alien skull, TDO. It's a picture of when I used to do a lot of dope.
fleamailman (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 AM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 115

So the jury is finally in.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:44 AM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

No, I sent them out for more shit.

Just kidding.

I don't do that anymore.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:09 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

(once again the mouse had showed and done a post that left the goblin pondering, smiling at thoughts that he himself hadn't thought of places he hadn't been neither, whereupon the goblin wondered how he could write in this heat today, saying "...no, it wants to rain bigtime, the heaviness is both in the heat itself and its stickiness too, all building up to thunder silently then with a sky that seems some slow approaching creature now...", thus the goblin would pay his coffee and exit quickly before it caught him)

repost from elsewhere,

"...back in the morning, where I'll chat with you then, promise..." went the goblin signaling the sandman to do his worst now, adding "...yes, it's been a long day where I was writing as if in the gaps within it, and where too my usual battle line had been the same hastani nailing a couple of raw posts, the principals edited the done ones, and even the last line triarii coming up with some matching pictures too...", for yes, the tide of this long war had gone the goblin's way today he felt, though often it seemed that other days his dailylife got the upper hand, and yet while there was still within him he would fight to write then, stating "...ah no, I will never relinquish to my dailylife this one thing that is truly mine within it, so there must never be an reason as to why I write then, instead it must simply become my nature now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:24 AM..
Old 06-14-2014, 12:37 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

..and I was just going to say that very thing...
fleamailman (06-23-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 02:59 PM
TheDumbOne (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 115

Fascinating.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:19 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere, another landing upon yet one more writer's forum, the "write in third person" thread

"...well it's been years like this now,..." voiced the goblin of himself to himself mostly in what seemed an empty room save for then sound of those drumlike ticking seconds to his passing thoughts, yes nighttime again and ever like some passing creature lurking outside unseen in the darkness, nighttime had ghosts, where thinking carefully upon what he needed to relate here, the goblin then continued "...alas I have no books, nor blogs to tempt you with, no sales pitch neither, no all that I am are mere words upon your screen at this point, where a livewriter for want of a better word is only a few posts away from his own oblivion anyway, though me I'm looking for those who are known by their posts then, why, because there are more readers across forumland today than there are in that bookworld now, but who would ever think of writing for forumland, and besides how would one go about it too, but this then is what I have embarked upon where the coffee's good if you would like to join me in the night's silence ..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:25 AM..
Old 06-16-2014, 05:23 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere, continuation of above

I really like your writing style! You are very descriptive! The only thing I noticed is that when you start sentences in quotations, you should capitalize the first letter. For example: "...Well it's..." Other than that, I can't find anything to really point out!
"...yes indeed you humans certainly shouldn't write like as I do, whereas for me alas it's too late..." sighed the goblin pausing a moment to think upon it again while thanking the admin for her observation yet preferring not to now, and besides it wasn't her reviewing so much as her company he craved for, then looking up into the air he continued instead "...naah, no capitals nor fullstops whatsoever now, save for when it's part of someone's username, but why so, well, perhaps because that's just how goblins tend to write on forums, where if don't believe me you only have to ask any other goblin you come across who'll no doubt collaborate my words for sure...", and with that the goblin wondered whether admin would care to use third person too, relating "...well, if you write in third person here, first off you'll need a persona by which to relate yourself to your readers around you, I mean one can't exactly say "said the person who is writing this" each time, so go slowly now, choose something that you won't waver from lest you confuse those readers who will remember you by your persona far more readily than by your username, where no, for your username has another purpose entirely, that of throwing up your other threads across forumland whenever googled as mine does...", the clock was taking its due here for the hour had passed in a moment again as the anonymous goblin readied himself for work once more, smiling back at admin to the words "...naah, if you write like everyone else then like everyone else is what it becomes by that conformity..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-16-2014 at 06:18 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 12:44 PM
JustcallmeEd (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 697

Hey, flea! I've got no pictures but here's a good one for ya:

I don't know if it's pertinent to the thread but we were talking the other day about how sometimes a song you hate will get stuck in your head and no matter what you do you can't get it out (which I guess is the definition of 'stuck') but anyway I was talking about how that song, 'Jesus Loves the Little Children' used to get stuck in my head when I was a little kid and it would drive me crazy.

No matter what I did those little fucking kids (there were a bunch of them) would be singing lustily away, belting out those lyrics like I never saw in Sunday School, filling my head with, '...red and yellow, black and white...'; Jesus Christ, I could even pick out individual voices, yelling away at the top of their lungs. God damn, it made me hate that song.

But at any rate, that's not what I was talking about. What I was talking about was, it was just a few years ago that I realized 'Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star' and 'A-B-C-D-E-F-G' were the same tune.

How's that for clueless?

Just thought I'd toss that in there. Yee, haw! Back to what I was doing...
fleamailman (06-23-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 11:39 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

("...american media does the same for me there..." replied the goblin thanking JustcallmeEd, adding "...it's not that it's just dumb in itself, it's that it adamant in its own dumbness too, yet worse still, it believes that we believe in dumbness too, but I'll skip it for now, you know already all this already...")

repost form elsewhere,

It is a forum.
"...well that's all very descriptive in a zen sort of way, I mean knowing that it's a forum at the end of that link there does kind narrow down the scope somewhat..." voiced the goblin rubbing his chin between a thumb and a forefinger before adding "...where of course the next question is if one jumps into this rabbit warren now what creatures await one's landing...", whereupon the goblin just checked the his pocket again for his pen and coffee thermos, feeling this could go either way then, yes it could be another nice normal forum, or it could be a total den of depraved iniquity, inquiring "...please by any chance do you go in for depravity, debauchery, and downright wickedness, and if so would you care to count be amongst you number now..." as he put a cupped hand up to his ear yet the silence was ever deafening yet how would she reply

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-19-2014 at 01:54 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 11:47 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere,

By publish I mean in book form or e-book form. I have posted my stuff online and have gotten some good reviews.
"...and how many people read books today in comparison to how many are online here..." smiled the goblin in reply without malice though, liking xxxxx even for her standard way of thinking, where no the goblin was on her side even, but then explained something a bit further "...well if we can agree then that only 3% of the populous still read books anyway, then what does that little crystal ball of yours show you about what's in store for normal readership vis a vis online readership, where I too, could of course write a book tucking myself away for a month and I dare say that if I wrote like a human does it would sell well then, with perhaps a couple of hundred copies though, but instead if I do a post in thirty minutes that receives a couple hundred readers each time, and then if I multiplied that across ten or twenty forums and we're soon dealing with thousands of readers without lifting a finger, and what's more it's only just begun, and moreover no one can stop me neither, where my next question is a simple one of why are you reading this post rather than reading that book there...", and with that the goblin looked over the text and thought upon which picture would most match what he had written now, explaining "...this too then, I mean why just focus upon writing side of things when if you match your texts with pictures too you'll soon practice illustrating as well..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-19-2014 at 01:55 AM..
Old 06-18-2014, 11:58 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere, continuation

I would have to agree with you there, its a shame too, books are amazing! It would just be nice to be paid for something I love doing! I can live with just writing for fun though. You have an excellent point. -Closes internet and picks up books.-
"...ah yes, though you'll return later, why, because curiosity calls most people back here..." smiled the goblin wondering if he wasn't writing this mostly for his self clarification than for any other reason, before adding "...naah, it's not what I write at all that matters really, it's more this opening that I give you to find yourself replying in, where at its simplest you can't reply to that book there, which is why interactive content is fast catching on I suppose, addictive even...", but by now the sandman had caught up with the goblin too, as the land of nod awaited him with dreams the likes of which no pen could ever do justice to were just his for the seeing, "...so goodnight xxxxx, there's no rush over anything as forumland isn't going to change overnight now, but the way we perceive posting is changing slowly, where by the time you have got one person to read a line in a book, just reflect upon how many more readers will have seen your well placed post somewhere, moreover, once you've written your book how do you intend to advertise it over the heads of those publishers whose pecking order puts their chosen ones first, how then, if not through these posts now is all I'm saying..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-19-2014 at 12:40 AM..
Old 06-20-2014, 02:02 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere, the "if the publishing conglomerates go out of business should we care?" thread

"...well just let them slog it out still, but either way it's not really a battle of amazon verses those publishers there but something more fundamental than that now, simply the reader isn't reading, and whereby any author who sits back waiting for readers to arrive either through amazon or those publishers again will be facing diminishing returns for sure, why so now..." the goblin stopped to think over what he had said, and then replied to himself aloud "...why then, perhaps because the reader doesn't want just to read something anymore, no he wants to be able to reply back now, where I hope you'll agree that the likes of this forumland here, of that twitter there, and of that facebook too, are no match the penmanship of books still, but that since the book offers no interaction whatsoever the "elephant in the room" is that the readership of forumland twitter and facebook together is vastly bigger than that of books, but that most authors for their part are simply loathed to adapt their approach to online, no instead they still dumbly think that amazon or publishers will somehow save them...", in fact, the goblin didn't read anything by any author whom he hadn't first conversed with or whose posts were uninspired, sighing "...ah no, posts are like one's ambassadors here where an author without posts is like a painter without sketches, so one looks at their posts first whereupon one next googles their username/authorname, and where if one then draws a blanc, or just sees their dunce link to a downloadable pig in a poke, then one skips it for a real author who is accountably online here, I mean why trust to others that which you can find out for yourself directly..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:30 AM..
Old 06-23-2014, 01:38 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere

Don't forget the fact that I own the world's most evil cat! She has servants...ahem....slaves...of her own! In fact, I am pretty sure she has an army of mice hidden somewhere in the house for when she goes to take over the world.
"...yes, it seemed quite obvious even..." replied the goblin noting the evil cat's hairs everywhere, adding "...well I've conversed with cat personas before, in fact I have conversed with all sorts of personas by now then...", where the more someone conversed with the goblin the more their persona came into being, adding "...perhaps you want to be a writer now, but if so, don't you first need to learn to be that which you portray in its full, thus the writer skillfully follows with his pen the scene in his mind, no not all that writing about writing you see on most writer's forums, nor for the second prize of fame and fortune neither, so why write in posts then, perhaps because the writer gets to experience first hand the work in person whereas alas the poor reader only gets to see mere footprints left by his wondrous journey...", whereupon the goblin's mind went back to the idea of what one write writes one back meaning that one becomes the persona by the practice of it, just that one's sanity seemed meager in comparison to one's applied imagination, that it was the application over the resulting result being the goblin's point of posting all along, the journey was not the footprints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvHZys0RXg

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:32 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
NokturnalMe (07-20-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 04:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere

But what does a goblin know? You don't even exist.
"...ah, but if that were so, then by that token then you don't exist neither, for doesn't all this become a virtual reality between us, one where everything is mere words upon your screen, a fiction perhaps, yet within this fiction it's a very real goblin that addresses you now..." smiled the goblin, quickly adding "...yes, knowledge in itself is quite useless isn't it, whereas the application of knowledge towards some greater understanding of its consequences is what one seeks from knowledge I believe..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:33 AM..
Old 06-23-2014, 04:42 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere, the "should we save Iraq" thread

"...too late I fear, for now russia china and iran only have to watch america bleed itself away, for america is not seen as the protector at this point, not by anyone, not least of all those who have experienced first hand what it means to have american troupes on their soil..." mentioned the goblin wondering by what democratic yardstick could it claim to be anything but naked aggression here, what with gitmo, NSA, NDAA act, and homeland security as the supreme law of their land now, adding "...so we terrorize them into becoming terrorists while our boys either come home traumatized or in bodybags, but if it's consolation here god's blessing is that rotten empires expire in financial collapse and that this foreign occupation only speeds the empire's unaffordable demise here, for can someone remind me what the founding fathers first envisaged then, and does anyone think that their goals are somehow met by the present self serving disconnected administration, for example does anyone feel that their vote means anything at all where there is no viable difference in practice between the two parties to begin with..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:33 AM..
Old 06-27-2014, 01:00 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere,

Hello, Support funding a monumental movement to change peoples perspective on poetry, music and performing arts. Donate today, so we can grow this operation click the secure PayPal image on the Donations page: xxxxxhttp. Those who donate 50 or more will receive a T-shirt and custom written poem for your support, those who donate 100 plus will be given additional gifts from our store! Email confirmation is required forward your PayPal Donation confirmation email to xxxxxlink help fund the poetry revolution!
"...where alternatively, instead anyone can simply write and read the posts here directly, without paying anything for it now, and with the added advantage of these posts being interactive too, where one's readers will reply to one if one merits it..." smiled the goblin encouraging everyone here post up more poems then, adding "...for if you ever want those readers to go to you, either for your ebooks or your blog entries, then first you must give them your posts pure and simple, where if you don't offer them at least something of yourself directly here now then others will take your place while you hesitate still, I mean don't you want to know who you are by what you post and be known by what you what post too..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:35 AM..
Old 06-27-2014, 01:04 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere then, the bane of writer's forums, their "post and run" types

Hey everyone I am new to the forum here. I have self published several books and just released my latest one, called xxxxx. I am trying to market and get the word out, so here's the link to a description/purchase: xxxxxxhttps: It is also available on Amazon Kindle: xxxxxxhttps: Thanks for your time, and I look forward to sharing more of my work with you...thanks in advance if you decide to purchase, and I welcome any and all feedback.
"...excellent, because your promise of participation upon this forum will now no doubt be seen by the readers here as a benchmark of your sincerity towards them as an author who doesn't make an idle promise..." remarked the goblin who never read anything by an author alive to whom he hadn't first conversed with, explaining "...writer's forums are a bit like author dating then, I mean ask yourself something, simply would you, or anyone else for that matter, enter into a relationship with someone you didn't know, no neither you nor they would I imagine, likewise, by that same token then, any author who is not there for their readers is doing "post and run" pure and simple, and clearly their books will be as bad as their insincerity..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:36 AM..
Old 06-28-2014, 02:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,008

repost from elsewhere, trolls again

"...no, I'm not dead..."
You're going to be
"...well it's that I suppose, or getting to read your replies now, where the question then becomes which is worse, so does one live to tell whether was it life to begin with even..." replied the goblin somehow appreciating the poster for his somewhat simplistic outlook, adding "...btw are you sure you don't want to run for the office of president of the united states of america here, you only have to be photogenic and good at reading white boards too, so let's practice it together, just repeat after me, "my name is xxxx and I promise to bring the boys home by christmas, close gitmo, rectify the patriot act and give america the most transparent administration that it has ever had" where if you find that too long just say "I promise you change" instead, but say it with some gusto and conviction here...", where the only change was to be the voters shortchanged by those promises there

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 12:37 AM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe