WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Tips for Intersexual Relations

Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

Ha ha. My post was directed at you and your self-righteous scolding. This notion that I'm taking sides with anyone else in this thread is the stuff you made up. I forget the extent to which things need to be explained to you. Sorry about that.

Anything that you say about my personal life that I haven't revealed here is stuff you made up. I have to believe you're trying to get my goat -- because even for you that is some amazingly weird shit.

PS -- Good move removing that post, Shelly. Maybe the smartest thing I've seen you do -- which isn't saying much. Too bad I didn't quote you first.

Last edited by JoeMatt; 01-17-2013 at 04:45 PM..
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
Ha ha. My post was directed at you and your self-righteous scolding. This notion that I'm taking sides with anyone else in this thread is the stuff you made up. I forget the extent to which things need to be explained to you. Sorry about that.

Anything that you say about my personal life that I haven't revealed here is stuff you made up. I have to believe you're trying to get my goat -- because even for you that is some amazingly weird shit.

PS -- Good move removing that post, Shelly. Maybe the smartest thing I've seen you do -- which isn't saying much. Too bad I didn't quote you first.
You're a mud wrestler, Joe. You're not worth getting the thumb for.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

Well, you're the one that takes it to the mud with your made up personal B.S. -- like the stuff you said about my family that you wisely removed. (Of course, there's plenty of it left in other threads.) In a straight up argument, you can't piss high enough to hit my ankles.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

Joe, I never said anything negative about your family. I said I felt sorry for the person you want to send packing to the old folk's home. Wierd Joe, you spend so much time playing on computer, but you can't find time for person who wiped your butt when you couldn't do it yourself. That's all I said. I never criticized your family members.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
Joe, I never said anything negative about your family. I said I felt sorry for the person you want to send packing to the old folk's home. Wierd Joe, you spend so much time playing on computer, but you can't find time for person who wiped your butt when you couldn't do it yourself. That's all I said. I never criticized your family members.
Heh. Wow. I guess you weren't smart enough to leave that alone, were you? I complimented you prematurely.

I didn't say you criticized my family members. You've got some serious comprehension problems. But you are making stuff up about my family and me. Otherwise know as lying. I have never said anything about my parents or their circumstances -- this is stuff you've pulled out of thin air.

I made some comments in another thread that you shouldn't judge people in regards to how they care for their parents if you don't know the circumstances. That's when you started jumping to retarded conclusions about me and my folks -- and this crap that I couldn't be bothered with them and "sent them packing." That's a lie. I'm not going to give credence to your bullshit by telling you anything more.

I think this last post shows how low you will go -- it speaks for itself. You really have some issues. Pretty sick stuff, Shelly.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

I complimented you prematurely.

, you can't piss high enough to hit my ankles.
Is the "pissing" remark what you believe to be a compliment, Joe? Thank you. I really do appreciate it.

One doesn't need a bloodhound's nose to smell what you have been trying to do.

Last edited by Cityboy; 01-18-2013 at 04:53 AM..
Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

Once again, you carefully considered my posts and used your amazing powers of analysis -- all to reveal that I insulted you. Here, you bring it to the forefront for all to see. Brilliant work, as usual.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 AM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

Joe, this stuff is getting old. And I believe we are beginning to irritate the powers to be.

Good-bye. And thank you for all those compliments. You certainly revealed your gentle side. Congrats.

I only wanted YOU to see your OWN words, St. Joe. As I explained earlier, self-analysis is a marvelous tool. It helps a person find a lot of junk upstairs, junk they never knew they had stored. And then they could donate it to the Salvation Army. Everybody wins.

So long, Joe.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:07 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

Speaking of getting old -- I need to let my mom out of the attic so I can shove her off to the old folks home. And I really appreciate your words of wisdom -- awesome stuff.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:16 AM
CandraH

What happened to this thread? There are whole chunks of it missing.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:20 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

I see it all -- maybe that's wishful thinking.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:29 AM
CandraH

I had some things I said back on the original second page but they went missing. Looks like certain people are deleting posts on the fly.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:47 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

But I remember them in my heart and mind.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:30 AM
CandraH

Haha. Well, thats alright then.

P.S. You must have a bigger heart than mine. I cant remember shit past yesterday.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Lin

Any deletions on this thread are welcome.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
singphantom7 (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 125

Jeeeeze. Come on, WB. Come. On.

Lin, Beef Heart's comments about girlfriend having the sense not to marry you along with her ill-educated guess about what she looks like were just low enough not to merrit any attention....congrats on not sinking to that name-calling, shit-flinging fest!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="images/smilies/coffee.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Cocoa" class="inlineimg" />
Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Emerald (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 27

Originally Posted by singphantom7 View Post
Lin, Beef Heart's comments about girlfriend having the sense not to marry you along with her ill-educated guess about what she looks like were just low enough not to merrit any attention....congrats on not sinking to that name-calling, shit-flinging fest!
But those are the best kinds of fests...

Since we're dwelling on the past all of a sudden, whatever happened to Lin? I get the impression from the way his account is listed as "Guest" that he's left Writer's Beat? Was it a banning, or did he finally decide his "peerless talent" was being wasted on us "ungrateful amateurs" and left?

I was just starting to like him...
Old 04-06-2017, 05:42 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Ah, the spirited interaction that took place back then.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:34 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 230

like i was not there even

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 10-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

Having seen both sides of this issue, I can say that there is really very little differences between men and women- excepting their anatomy. I've been both. Both want an exclusive relationship, both want to be loved and desired, both want a partner that is successful and well adjusted. Everything else is just noise.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:12 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 699

Originally Posted by Connie View Post
I've been both.
Well... no, technically no.

And saying there are no differences except biological ones is fine but it's not like THAT is insignificant. The only difference between me and a banana is biological lol
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

and your perspective John is.....
Old 10-11-2017, 02:10 AM
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 699

and your perspective John is.....
That gender isn't fluid

But aside from that, that everyone wants to be loved and desired etc is fine. The reason why I wouldn't downplay biological differences is that I think they have massive impacts on the way society is organised -- I don't think that things like women being more empathetic and co-operative and men being more aggressive and competitive, for example, is just some social construct which would disappear if we only stopped unconsciously or consciously inculcating our children with these traits/roles according to their gender. Do we say, for example, that there's no such thing as paternalism or maternalism? It's hard to do that when you look at social animals in general.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

I certain respect your view that gender "isn't fluid", but I have to disagree. We have all know individuals that represent the whole bell curve of maleness and femaleness. And, in my experience its quite possible to slip more or less toward one pole as one goes through life, probably ending up somewhere in the middle in old age when hormones loose their influence. I think this gender diversity adds a certain interest to the human world.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:15 AM
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 699

I think this gender diversity adds a certain interest to the human world.
I'll agree with the spectrum, just not the non-binary thing. An effeminate male is still a male; he can't change that, effeminate behaviour is not going to change his hormonal or biological makeup. At the moment though society says he can, I used to think like that, but now and I'm genuinely starting to doubt that this kind of message works.

Interesting it is, though it would appear that those who think they were supposed to be the opposite sex are some of the most unhappy people in the world. So I wonder whether promoting an attitude of accepting ones own biology rather than this 'you are whatever you think you are' trend would be more helpful.

This isn't me being obtuse, you look at the suicide rates among transexuals and I've seen figures of up to 40% which is insane. And you might say 'well that's just because society doesn't accept transexuals'. Possibly... but then what I observe is men who see their penis as a curse, even if you are accepted, feeling cursed by your own biology can't be a great place to be.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:52 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

You are correct of course in that chromosomes can't be changed. We are what we were born with. But even with these immutable biological factors, it is possible for the world to accept you as the other gender. Science has made that to a large extent possible. That may be enough. It was in my case. It matters not a fig that I cannot experience a pregnancy.

And I grant you, none of this confers happiness by itself. I'm not surprised at the high rate of transexual suicide. I feel that many of these people did not have the critical guidance that is so necessary before such a step. Professional counseling generally require that the candidate live one full year in his chosen gender. That includes making a living and forming interpersonal bonds. Sadly this can be avoided which I expect explains many of these suicides.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:21 AM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

While males are 4 times more likely than females to die by suicide, females attempt suicide 3 times as often as males. The ratio of suicide attempts to suicide death in youth is estimated to be about 25:1, compared to about 4:1 in the elderly.

Suicide is high among ex-military personnel and among people in failed relationships/marriages. When depression creeps in to extinguish rational thinking, it hardly matters whether one is straight or gay, rich or poor. Whenever a person believes the situation is hopeless, the act of suicide will often occur.

Depression, created by a suffocating state of hopelessness and fear, is the leading cause of suicide. Professional counseling is a necessity to anyone whose mind is frozen in this paralyzing state.

General statement:

Doubt, worry, and fear are mankind's greatest foes; these potent negatives immensely contribute to nearly all illnesses and diseases, besides being major factors to wars.

Last edited by Cityboy; 10-15-2017 at 09:10 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (10-15-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 07:15 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

I stand by what I said in #116.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:31 AM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

Tell you my little transgender story. Once upon a time, I was in a playground shooting hoops when I was approached by a pretty gal who started a conversation and handed me her phone number before she wandered off. I called her to set a date, and when she invited me to her apartment in Greenwich Village, I accepted the invitation. Her apartment was about twelve blocks from mine, and I bought a bottle of wine and began drinking it on my way to see her. Finally in her apartment with her, she began acting weird for my taste. She took out a dog collar and wanted to wrap it around my neck. Her intention was to leach me and have me crawl around the floor on all fours acting like a dog. Stealing a line from an Eric Burden and the Animals' hit song, I began urging myself, "We gotta get out of this place. if it's the last ...." After being in her apartment for only fifteen minutes, I rushed for the door to leave. She lived on the fifth-floor; and, as I'm walking downstairs, I heard this rumbling sound heading towards me. Now, on the third-floor stairway, I turned to see what was making such noise. Surprised, I saw two large Afghan hounds which she had hidden in another apartment. The bitch wanted the dogs to attack me. Fortunately, the bottle of wine I drank earlier made me stare them down as if they were puppies. The two just ran past me to the ground floor and leaped onto the door leading to the street, barking and scratching at it. When I finally made it to the street, I looked up at her window and spotted her laughing down at me. Of course, she was a transvestite -- it suddenly hit me. However, what she had done to me was certainly nasty and dangerous. First, tricking me into believing she was a born-female. And then sending the dogs after me. I know guys who would have left her for dead for pulling stuff like that.

Luckily, for her, I'm not violent. Just a peaceful guy who was out looking for a piece.

Last edited by Cityboy; 11-24-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Old 11-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

That's inexcusable of course- for any sex. I wonder what it was that made you think "transvestite"? Also, there is a world of difference between a transvestite and transgender.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction