WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges > Past Prompts and Challenges

Prompt # 9 - Be Quiet! I'm Trying to Listen! (original prompt)

Old 09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696
Default Prompt # 9 - Be Quiet! I'm Trying to Listen! (original prompt)

It's that time again! No, not time to clean the lint out of your jacket pockets. It's time for another prompt!

This time . . .

You eavesdrop on a conversation. What do you hear?

Oh my. Perhaps it's a little tidbit about someone (or yourself) that you overhear. Maybe secret government information that you weren't supposed to know. A seemingly harmless little lie that spirals out of control. . . It's up for you to decide!

Now write! Oh yeah, and good luck!

Prose or poetry, your choice. No word limit, though shorter pieces tend to get more attention. Submissions should be made in new threads with #9 in the title of your thread (#9 Secrets to Last a Lifetime!).

As always, comments and helpful advice in work posted are encouraged. Please post comments in their respective threads. You do not have to participate in the prompt in order to comment on work presented.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:48 AM
SW (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 160

How positively evil.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Devon (Offline)
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

Evil is how we thrive here in the P&C forum. Mwahahahaha! (<--insert evil laugh here)

Twisty mind candy:

Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 324

I definitely spiraled out of control My little idea turned into a short story without me realizing it! Had a great amount of fun with it, though.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:24 AM
SW (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 160

Evil is how we thrive here in the P&C forum. Mwahahahaha! (<--insert evil laugh here)
Really? I thought it was kicking, screaming and completely alive humans?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 324

What's that? Completely alive humans? Well, what would we need them for? I was under the impression that everyone here was just half-alive! Meaning we're either vampires, zombies, or lawyers. I think we'd all prefer being a bloodsucking, bat-morphing creature or a disgusting, maggot infested product of necromancy to the third choice
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Devon (Offline)
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

bat-morphing creature or a disgusting, maggot infested product of necromancy to the third choice
Ooo! Can I be one of those?

Twisty mind candy:

Old 09-20-2008, 08:17 PM
SW (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 160

You already are, aren't you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Winterbite (Offline)
Don't Panic

Thanks 324

Only if pirate queens have a thing for maggots...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Devon (Offline)
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

You already are, aren't you?
Er . . . yes?

Only if pirate queens have a thing for maggots...
Aye! We eat 'em like popcorn. Of course, we eat popcorn like maggots, so . . .

Twisty mind candy:

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges > Past Prompts and Challenges