WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Banning the Boogeyman

Old 12-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155
Default Banning the Boogeyman

This person is no longer around, so I am assuming it's safe to post this plus a follow-up comment. Right after, I received this ban, the person who notified authorities about my religious post (some non-believer who keep stoning me for mentioning God) then went on to write article after article criticizing Christianity. As far as I recall, he never received a minute ban. He hasn't been around for a while. So that is good news. Talk about free speech getting smothered. Those were the fun days. I always persisted in creating a toxic environment. That is truly funny stuff.

30 Day Ban
Hello Shelly,

Well it is time for an enforced holiday again. You have been here long enough to know better and yet you still behave in a disruptive manner. Your are herby temporarily banned for 30 day. This one is for the recent spout of religious threads and the arguments that result from them. Religious and other controversial discussion have been exiled from the WB when the Discussion board (also known as the Intellectual table) closed down. Yet you persist in trying to form such an environment. The approved method of writing about such topics, in the forms of pamphlets that we have tried to introduce recently you have ignored.

Lastly, other people have their own beliefs and ideas; do not hound them for being different. If you believe they are wrong show them with civil, well written informative post, with evidence if applicable. If they do not agree thatís that. Starting at them from a slightly different angle is not the solution.

Now I hope that you can use your time productively and if you choose to come back be a model member again. Any further bans after this one will be final and not temporary.

Sincerely,
The Writerís Beat Staff

Old 12-13-2017, 06:51 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

Yes. We know you are mostly trolling. Iím not bothered by it at all, and Mohican isnít enforcing rules. Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 363

Heh, yeah. But Cityboy is a terrible troll. When he gets backed into a corner, he goes after your family and starts making up shit about your background etc.

Then he goes on to flog the same old hobby horses flogs -- booking learning and the plight of the Native American etc.

No one in his right mind is bothered by it -- it's all immensely entertaining. I really miss him when he's not around.
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Heh, yeah. But Cityboy is a terrible troll. When he gets backed into a corner, he goes after your family and starts making up shit about your background etc.

Then he goes on to flog the same old hobby horses flogs -- booking learning and the plight of the Native American etc.

No one in his right mind is bothered by it -- it's all immensely entertaining. I really miss him when he's not around.
Oh, your post/intrusion reminds of something I intended to ask you. It all ties in with what you said above. First off, I am always around; I'm eternal. Aren't you Christian in your beliefs? At least the other guy was. What about the newer version? Did you finally cross over? Has Brian pinned a medal onto your chest yet? According to some of the recent comments the newer version made, you certainly have confused me. Whatever the case, I hope you're happy with your beliefs. I really do. Everyone should be happy, especially around this time of the year.
Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155

Hey, I congratulate you. You have the "book thing" going for you; you really do. But, in other aspects, you'll always be about 25 replies behind me. So, just grow up and get over it.
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 363

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Has Brian pinned a medal onto your chest yet? According to some of the recent comments the newer version made, you certainly have confused me. Whatever the case, I hope you're happy with your beliefs. I really do. Everyone should be happy, especially around this time of the year.
One of your favorite delusions -- the idea that people who are often on the same page are somehow in cahoots or always seeking each others approval. But that's just part of your need to believe everyone is ganging up on you.

According to some of the recent comments the newer version made, you certainly have confused me.
Although I appreciate certain basic tenets of Christianity -- when I decided to study it more seriously, the more it became evident that the story behind it is completely irrational.

But I'm not an anti-theist. It works for some people -- many of whom I love, admire and respect. So I'm not out to change anyone's beliefs. When it comes to religion, as long as people mind their own business or use it as an inspiration to do good things -- I'm totally fine with it.

I sure hope that helps with your confusion -- and sorry I wasn't able to keep you updated on my journey of discovery.

Whatever the case, I hope you're happy with your beliefs. I really do. Everyone should be happy, especially around this time of the year.
Oh, THAT'S totally convincing.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy -- and it's not and has never been dependent on religion or believing in something supernatural -- one of the reasons I was able to easily walk away from it.
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 363

Hey, I congratulate you. You have the "book thing" going for you; you really do. But, in other aspects, you'll always be about 25 replies behind me. So, just grow up and get over it.
Sure -- you just keep telling yourself that...
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 363

Heh -- in one post you hope that I'm happy -- and in the next, you issue one of your moronic insults.

You're the best!
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155

Hey, it is true without question, that I have written some dumb stuff in this forum (who hasn't?). But, posts which, on second read, I have believed to have crossed a line, I have deleted. Not only that, I have often apologized for my foolish remarks. So, I don't know what you mean about "being backed in a corner" and "making crap up." I do wish you happiness, and you can make me happy too by taking your psychotic behavior some place else. I don't go looking for you -- you (because of your disorder) enter my space. Get help. Or do some self-analyzing for starters.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 363

Hey, it is true without question, that I have written some dumb stuff in this forum (who hasn't?). But, posts which, on second read, I have believed to have crossed a line, I have deleted. Not only that, I have often apologized for my foolish remarks.
Heh. Your whole mea culpa thing doesn't wash at this point -- not with anyone who's familiar usual with your usual shenanigans. But nice try.

So, I don't know what you mean about "being backed in a corner" and "making crap up."
Of course you don't know what I mean. I'm talking about when you're hopelessly losing an argument, which about 99% of the time, or you get frustrated in general, that's when you launch into the personal attacks, always based on absurd guesswork or your misinterpretation of something that's been said. I can give you examples if you really need them. I've got a couple of doozies.

I do wish you happiness, and you can make me happy too by taking your psychotic behavior some place else. I don't go looking for you -- you (because of your disorder) enter my space. Get help. Or do some self-analyzing for starters.
There's no personal space on a public forum -- not for people like you anyway.

Case in point -- you started this thread to stir something up -- and it's the same with the bulk of your posts. If you want to troll fine -- but then you don't get to complain or call people psychotic when they call you on your standard bullshit. That would be clear to most anyone but you.

I don't wish anyone unhappiness -- certainly not someone I only know from an internet forum. But I do recognize how absurd it would be to wish someone happiness and then in the next breath issue some kind of lame insult. But that's just typical of your hilarious brand of hypocrisy -- and how you always try to play both sides of the fence -- troll (and badly) and then try to come off like Mr. Nice Guy. The late apologies are just as phony.

But please do keep it up...

Last edited by Myers; Yesterday at 10:54 AM..
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
Leila (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 47

Wow. The title really sucked me in. I thought this piece was going to give me good advice on dealing with unwanted supernatural guests.
Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 363

How about just regular, unwanted guests?

I'm not sure how old he was when he started doing it -- but at some point in the evening my grandpa would disappear and then reappear wearing his pajamas. That meant it was time to leave.

Pretty effective. I think I might start doing that...
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155

C - exist.
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155

Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Wow. The title really sucked me in. I thought this piece was going to give me good advice on dealing with unwanted supernatural guests.

I don't do paranormal investigations, Leila. The equipment is much too expensive for my budget. Are you having a problem with spirits?
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

Did you finally cross over? Has Brian pinned a medal onto your chest yet?.

I pinned it on his balls. Thatís how real messiahs do it. All the rest oí you saviors are just fronting.

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155

Why the hostility, elf? Say, I'll give you fifty-dollars if you'll unpin it, and just swear him in with a handshake or something. It's making him crankier. No place for a medal.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

Why the hostility, elf? Say, I'll give you fifty-dollars if you'll unpin it, and just swear him in with a handshake or something. It's making him crankier. No place for a medal.

Where did you sense hostility? I assure you there was none.

Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 363

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I pinned it on his balls. Thatís how real messiahs do it. All the rest oí you saviors are just fronting.

No pain, no gain, as they say.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction