WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Library

The Library Reviews and opinions on published writing: prose and poetry.

Trump's America by Newt Gingrich

Old 06-17-2018, 01:24 PM
Jim Colyer (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 181
Default Trump's America by Newt Gingrich

Newt Gingrich writes about America's great comeback under President Donald Trump. The comeback of "one nation" rejects "multiculturalism" and reasserts the idea of America as a melting pot. We are held together by our unifying beliefs in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The idea of American exceptionalism is resurfacing. It is imperative that American culture survives. Newt says illegal immigration must stop to allow assimilation. I would call what has happened a Third World invasion.

The comeback of "under God" is about reestablishing America as a faith-based nation that protects religious freedom. Newt believes our rights come from God, not from the government, and that fact keeps us free. Freedom to worship or not worship as we see fit is paramount.

The comeback of "sovereignty" ends the "new world order" embraced by Bush 41. The so-called new world order allowed other countries to take advantage of the United States. Clinton, Bush 43 & Obama failed to defend American interests. There have been endless wars with Islamic extremists. Trade deficits have built up and as a result, President Donald Trump has touted an America First policy. "Make America Great Again" is his slogan. Drain the swamp called Washington, D.C. President Trump promised every decision ha made would benefit American workers and American families. He vowed that America would win again. It took Trump only 3 days to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He withdrew from the Paris Agreement, based on climate change, knowing it would destroy the coal industry. He also recognized that the North American Trade Agreement (NAFTA) benefited Mexico more than it did the United States. President Trump went on to decertify Obama's "Iran deal." Rather than keeping Iran from building nuclear weapons, it it has allowed them to do do. Trump promptly moved Israel's U.S. embassy to Jerusalem and declared it the capital. He plans to reduce funding to the United Nations. Finally, he is standing up to China for its unfair trade practices.

The comeback of "free speech" is a rejection of what Donald Trump labeled political correctness. Trump says what he thinks and what a lot of others think but are afraid to speak. He uses twitter as a means of communicating directly with his 50 million followers. He blasts the mainstream media for its fake news and insists that "sanctuary cities" must cooperate with federal law enforcement. President Trump has been blunt about Islamic terrorism while his predecessors sidestepped the issue. Trump has insisted on the facts regardless of whom they might offend. Newt compares him to Andrew Jackson.

The comeback of the "American economy" involves cutting red tape. Regulations are expensive and tend to overreach. Deregulation gives the economy a boost. Environmental regulations are hard to dismantle, but the Trump administration is making progress. These rules target the energy sector. The tax cuts of 2017 have allowed the economy to boom. There are more jobs and higher wages.

The comeback of the "constitutional judiciary" has had its greatest triumph in President Trump's appointment of conservative Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. There were over 100 judicial vacancies when Trump took office. By 2018, the Senate had confirmed 23 federal judges, and these appointments are for life. Trump appoints only judges who will uphold the Constitution. White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee commented that this is a president who understands a judge's role is not to create or change laws.

The comeback of American "health care" concerns itself with opioid addiction. Americans are dying from opioid overdoses. Drugs have been a social problem since the mid-1960s. The hated Obamacare is being dismantled piece by piece.

Newt Gingrich sees Donald Trump as achieving more in his first year-and-a-half than all the presidents since Ronald Reagan combined. I voted for Reagan but felt he left me behind after the summer of 1982. Newt says there is no room for compromise. Trump's America must win. I am with Trump!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:03 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,002

Pretty good. Is this a book report?
Old 06-19-2018, 01:23 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 870

What we need are more Trumpy Bears and razor wire.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:21 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,002

Originally Posted by Gaines View Post
What we need are more Trumpy Bears and razor wire.

And this guy:

I just ordered my wife one of these dolls. Too bad they canít double as vibrators.... hmm... or can they?
Old 06-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Jim Colyer (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 181

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Pretty good. Is this a book report?
Not a book report. I am 72 and out of school. I voted for Trump and as soon as I learned Newt had written another book about him, I ordered it from Amazon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Jim Colyer (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 181

U.S. PRESIDENTS - best to worst

..1 George Washington
..2 Andrew Jackson
..3 James K. Polk
..4 Donald Trump
..5 Theodore Roosevelt
..6 James Madison
..7 James Monroe
..8 Thomas Jefferson
..9 Calvin Coolidge
10 Grover Cleveland
11 William McKinley
12 Chester Arthur
13 Rutherford B. Hayes
14 Ronald Reagan
15 Dwight Eisenhower
16 Franklin Delano Roosevelt
17 John Adams
18 Harry Truman
19 Zachary Taylor
20 Warren G. Harding
21 James Garfield
22 Woodrow Wilson
23 Benjamin Harrison
24 John Quincy Adams
25 Martin Van Buren
26 Herbert Hoover
27 William Howard Taft
28 John Kennedy
29 Andrew Johnson
30 Franklin Pierce
31 John Tyler
32 James Buchanan
33 Gerald Ford
34 Millard Fillmore
35 William Henry Harrison
36 George H. W. Bush
37 George W. Bush
38 Bill Clinton
39 Jimmy Carter
40 Richard Nixon
41 Ulysses S. Grant
42 Lyndon Johnson
43 Barack Obama
44 Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Jim Colyer (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 181

Trump is number 45, but that is because Grover Cleveland is counted twice.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:26 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,002
Default Trump's America by Newt Gingrich

Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
Not a book report. I am 72 and out of school. I voted for Trump and as soon as I learned Newt had written another book about him, I ordered it from Amazon.

Is it just THAT simple?

Well then Jim, you are a refreshing human to make contact with. Not many like you actually around. At least, not many posting on these interwebs.

When I come to Nashville again we should have coffee. Iíll bring my sister; maybe you know her already. Dunno.

Last edited by brianpatrick; 06-19-2018 at 06:29 PM..
Old 06-19-2018, 02:34 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,002

Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
U.S. PRESIDENTS - best to worst

..1 George Washington
..2 Andrew Jackson
..3 James K. Polk
..4 Donald Trump
..5 Theodore Roosevelt
..6 James Madison
..7 James Monroe
..8 Thomas Jefferson
..9 Calvin Coolidge
10 Grover Cleveland
11 William McKinley
12 Chester Arthur
13 Rutherford B. Hayes
14 Ronald Reagan
15 Dwight Eisenhower
16 Franklin Delano Roosevelt
17 John Adams
18 Harry Truman
19 Zachary Taylor
20 Warren G. Harding
21 James Garfield
22 Woodrow Wilson
23 Benjamin Harrison
24 John Quincy Adams
25 Martin Van Buren
26 Herbert Hoover
27 William Howard Taft
28 John Kennedy
29 Andrew Johnson
30 Franklin Pierce
31 John Tyler
32 James Buchanan
33 Gerald Ford
34 Millard Fillmore
35 William Henry Harrison
36 George H. W. Bush
37 George W. Bush
38 Bill Clinton
39 Jimmy Carter
40 Richard Nixon
41 Ulysses S. Grant
42 Lyndon Johnson
43 Barack Obama
44 Abraham Lincoln

Is it a coincidence you named the worst pres. as the one who freed the niggers, and the second worst, one of those niggers? Not to mention LBJ who gave the niggers civil rights, and Grant who... well... kind of commanded armies that led to emancipation. One might conclude you have a nigger problem. Not me though... I just know youíre a peach.

On second thought... maybe I wonít bring my sister on our coffee date. Sheís a little bit liberal.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:49 PM
spshane (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 60

Looks like we share opinions on Lincoln at least. I'd flip-flip Barry and LBJ, and I'm indifferent about the rest.

Trump reminds of an old school principal in that he doesn't really want you to like him. It's like when the principal says he's gonna cancel recess for the year. Can he do that? "Look, we're gonna have amazing recesses. Amazing. Yes, with slides. Huge, huge slides. Really, amazing slides."

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Library