WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

One Story

Old 05-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Jay (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
Loyal Member

Thanks 23
One Story

Please note: One Story does not accept submissions from June 1 through August 31

What kind of stories is One Story looking for?
One Story is seeking literary fiction. Because of our format, we can only accept stories between 3,000 and 8,000 words. They can be any style and on any subject as long as they are good. We are looking for stories that leave readers feeling satisfied and are strong enough to stand alone.

Does One Story pay money?
Yes. One Story is offering $100 and 15 contributors copies for first North American serial rights. All rights will revert to the author upon publication.

Does One Story accept previously published material?
No. One Story is looking for previously unpublished material. However, if a story has been published outside of North America, it will be considered.

What file types can I submit?
Please only submit Rich Text Format (.RTF) files. Most word processing applications allow you to "save as" an RTF file. Please also make sure that your file ends with the .RTF extension (for example: "mystory.rtf").

Mac users: Macintosh files typically do not use file extensions so you may have to rename your file to end with .RTF (for example: "mystory" must be renamed to "mystory.rtf").

Please note that submitted files cannot exceed 500 KB.

Please include the story title and all writer contact info on the first page of the submitted file.
How do I submit to One Story?
We now have an automated system for you to send us your work. It will securely send our editors your story and email you a confirmation that it has been received. To use the automated system, you need to have a One Story account.

If you have subscribed, joined our mailing list, given One Story as a gift or submitted a story using our new system, you already have an account. If not, the first time you submit a story your account will be automatically created.

Using this account you will be able to check the status of your submission at any time by going to our login page.

When can I submit to One Story?
We accept submissions from September 1 through May 31.

I'm ready to submit. What now?
Click on the link below which describes your account status and you will be taken to the appropriate page.

diamond I do not have a One Story account.
diamond I already have a One Story account.

How soon can I expect to hear about my submission?
We do our very best to respond to submissions between 4 and 12 weeks after they are received, but are sometimes slower in responding. Please be patient! It is our goal to make sure each submission gets a good read.

http://www.one-story.com/index.php?page=guidelines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Oasis Writer (Offline)
A Crimson Evanescence
Loyal Member

Thanks 20

diamond I do not have a One Story account.
diamond I already have a One Story account.
Links didn't work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets