WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

... today's new post, a bit clunky and long, but you lot can read books and stuff, and anyway I'll get it right on the reposts...

"...bloody knackered..." Jats sips a brew being back now in the little cottage by the canal with Obama's missus's speech last night still fresh in the mind and flicks on the radio to hear how the middle income bracket in the UK, earning thirty to forty grand a year are feeling the squeeze too, living month to month with no savings left and no pension to speak of while in constant fear of losing their jobs and seeing more empty desks around them as ex colleagues gone are spending any redundancy quickly in order to qualify for benefits under the delusion that they can sponge off the state in relative comfort seeing as that's what they have read in ourdearmedia for years, until they try it themselves of course "...well that's another wildflower meadow cut down, all stacked and drying in the sunshine that will be blessing us for at least another six days then, perfect..." Jats loosens his belt allowing the aching abs to breathe "...and I found some scales today sitting on a clients garage floor and was rather pleased to find I am still the same weight as I was five years ago, which was probably the last time I weighed myself then, yes nothing like a bit of manual labour to save on those silly gym fees that many will miss..." returning from the garden after watering the veg while the kettle boiled again and teacakes simmered under the grill Jats stuffs them into his gob now and continues then "...I had to chuckle this morning when I saw someone asking for a log burner on freecycle, it's a site where people give stuff away rather than it going into landfill, where I have picked up some decent stuff over the years, a TV for the boys xbox, a desktop PC that they installed Linux on, and some wood even before the log store was up and running, but occasionally the ex middle incomes appear on it with delusional requests for stuff like this one did, so after I had stopped laughing, I took pity on her, inspired by Mrs Obama, and sent an email titled 'you have NO CHANCE' with a suggestion to build one there-selves instead and several links telling them how to...yup they have a lot to learn on their way back down to reality now these wannabe middle class lot, as for me, I know my place now..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mURhNIjc-Kw

Last edited by Jats; 09-05-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Hmm, Loz is sure she just read an awesome, deep and meaningful post but being the thickle thing she is, she was lost at abs. Her imagination wanders as she flops in her seat, recently returned from the gym and unsure if she's energized or depressed -- the movement of her body getting her heart rate high such fun, yet her stupid injury preventing her from getting high enough is frustrating. It makes her think of the unicorn. -- Looking down from the clouds at a buzzing city below, the call of society beckons it near . . . and yet the unicorn waits alone. That's the touble with mythical powers, they often show you a future you'd rather ignore: The unicorn, shifted into the human form of a young girl in a mini skirt. It enters the bar, and all eyes turn immediately. Silken feathers itch its supple skin as it approaches the bar. A fluffy-faced man turns, puts a hand on the unicorns knee and leans in to whisper words in the unicorns human ear with sharp stinky breath. Though the unicorn does not understand mortal words, its human form apparently does as the girl arches her back and leans into the man, placing her hand on his knee in the same way his rests on hers. The sensation of such desire is overwhelming that the unicorn can't wait to show its true form, and it bursts from human flesh, spreading its giant silken wings in a flurry of fleshy debris, a blood-stained silver main sweeping down its muscular neck. Screams ring out as the fluffly-faced man rushes from the bar along with the remaining patrons. -- "A terrorist attack," they called it on the mortal news when the unicorn, unnacustomed such loneliness lost control of its power and whiped out a city. Hold on, what point was Loz making? Yes, that was it . . . be careful who you show your true self to as one girls favourite dream is another man's nightmare. Wondering how she got here, Loz sits back in her chair with a yawn. She hauls herself accross the room and flops on the bed. Perhaps that not quite so fufilling exercise took its toll after all . . .

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 09-05-2012, 02:19 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

("...wow, you're really getting better, it's coming together Loz, bravo..." mentioned the goblin too tied to come up with anything tonight, saying "...work has me drained, but it's nice to read the posts of others when I'm this far gone, meanwhile another repost then...")

repost from elsewhere

People who say the book is in decline need to be buying more books. It seems to undermine your mission statement to then showcase your writing elsewhere - what next, putting it in a book? If you really want it to stand with artistic integrity you'd let it sink into the mire of the forum along with every other post. Go on.
"...now there's a post I respect, it seems the moment you are not trying to play my educator your posting ability seeps through again, I wish most that other poster too had your quickness of mind then, yet his coming along, give him a bit more time and he too will touch upon my post's content rather than just my persona..." remarked the goblin beginning to feel that here indeed was someone he could at last talk to now, saying "...no, I'm afraid the bookworld is much a you see it, where blogs are fairing little better, so the three options left are social networks such as facebook or tweeter, or forumland, where, since I prize my anonymity, I have chosen forumland as my means of communication then, yet forumland is fickle, where the posts one does have no permanence and where most people just post the first thing that they think of, ah but not the livewriters, no they amass their own works together perhaps to know who they are by what they post, or more simply because they are not interested in creating a readership like a normal writer is, ah no, I mean how does one or a million readers change anything to someone anonymous to begin with, no, they're actually out to create a replyship, it's all about feeding then, not reading..." and with that the goblin thanked the posters here for what they had fed him so far, simply he would return shortly but first he needed to store this reply away again for editing later knowing that he fed the slot posts in order to be fed by others in their turn, saying "...ah no, not the mire of the forum as you put it, the forum is the showroom if you like where certainly a book does not came next either, why, because this is a practice beyond that of your fame and fortune hangup, if simply because I'm more interested in what writing does to me, than what I can do with what I have written by way of it, so I will never step out of my anonymity, that way you'll know I'm not for sale like you evidently are..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-05-2012 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...delicious and quite scary, another one then having just been watching some Americans arguing about the ickonomy, but sorry Loz, no abs in this, and I'll read that one in a bit Flea, after I have brushed me teeth...

"...interesting, some good stuff in here until the inevitable slanging match...see what he did there, that naughty ripublican, the old card trick of misdirection, but there's no getting out of this one America where it doesn't matter a stuff who gets in so argue all you like though it well be less painful for most if Obama does four more years as a lot of you are going to need all the help and care you can get, as for the rest, still living the American dream your deluding yourselves, its over, the end of Empires has begun where some here are right in saying its time to withdraw, look to your own borders now though you'll need no wall like Hadrian did and either way it won't stop the money still bleeding out and into the accounts of your true masters and not these puppets that you vote for every four years..." types Jats during the adverts here who are the true paymasters of another banal reality game show being beamed out from the tv as the morons inside as usual think they have some say in the matter even though its series twenty something now, but still, there they go being manipulated to the enth degree again and so then too Jats too doesn't give a fuck about any of them and wouldn't give a fuck whether they live or die, stupid humans "...for see it's just a game, just a ride, and they play you every time and you fall for it, every time, arguing and fighting amongst yourselves, you are not free, you are slaves to the machine, they know you too well by now and have you dancing to their tune as they watch and laugh and piss all over you, I mean come on, a fair flat rate tax, you think they will let that happen, in this dimocracy, not a fucking chance why that would take some kind of revolution or something..." meanwhile, more importantly now, Jats suddenly remembers he has a box of Jaffa Cakes in his jacket pocket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS9j6nKcDtE&feature=plcp

Old 09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere, the "hey please this excerpt" thread

How was it?
the goblin showed, read the work and didn't go straight into correcting it, not as was expected of him now, no instead he simply said the following "...I'm on you side, where maybe it's because you don't write in third person normally that you are lacking when you do so, anyway not to worry in that with forumland there's none of the published cement, so you can redo it, as many times as you like until you feel that you have right to yourself...", in fact, the reader always adapted to any author they liked where after a while they didn't even notice how it was written, "...tell him to write more..." went the slot in the background, adding "...but remember goblin, not to advise him too much, lest you turn him into your clone now, and besides, how can you advise where you don't even know what he is writing it for..." and with that the goblin sought out another picture, oh yes, he never missed the chance to illustrate the post, knowing that in order to learn how to write something, it was often important to learn how to visualize the text in relation to the image it produced inside one

148 3065 61988
Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...another big one I'm afraid, but again it's new and will slim down although I've either got your attention by now, or lost it then, either way, take what you will...

Jats for President
Jats considers this during his day off dossing about after staying up until stupid o'clock to watch the stupid American football, seeing as the Giants lost now then "...nope I agree with my nameless friend, it doesn't matter in the long run, but in the short term it does, depending on a number of things, mainly if you are already rich or not, so if you are, or your folks can lend you money to make you rich too, then vote ripublican then, and if you are not then dimocrat it is then, for 'four more years, four more years', yet if I was indeed American and could vote, half of me would want to vote Dimocrat as that would ease the pain somehwat that will be taking place over the next four more years, and yet the other half would vote Ripublican as that would speed up the inevitability that's on the way, and so I am torn then between pragmatism and conscience..." where Jats wishes now that he had that xxxxxx thread he keeps suggesting packed with interesting unknown history that the chameleon could dip into to pluck and thieve for qoutes and interesting data to help with the second half of this post then "...cus see, half of you won't even fuckin vote for starters, sat on your lazy arses, and no matter how bad it is going to get from now, to the point where you are living in a totalitarian state with all the masks of deceit laid bear before you as even more tales of corruption, manipulation and sadistic greed are exposed as ourdearmedia is being stripped bare now for all to see, it will have to get to the point to where it is personal to all of you to make a scrap of difference, until it's your mother, your sister, your girlfriend, or most of the classmates you went to school with that are affected seen from the neighbourhood that used to be so nice that is slowly rotting into decline, only then will you sit up and notice..." distracted by a knock at the door Jats shoots the shit for a bit with his new pal Frank then, who Jats knew would come in handy, as they carry the half price diesel around the back while laughing and sharing a joke or two "...where was I, ah yes and if you are indeed rich supporting the Ripublicans no matter what, then what the fuck are you doing on forumland, nah, you wouldn't be here, that lot are not listening to the people, they do not have a fucking clue about the common man and what's going on here..." which is just as well thinks the chameleon looking out of the window nervously "...you are not rich, for all you brag about your possessions, your latest purchases to boost the economy, which is just another pile of shit to flit away and throw away to ease the pain, no you could go broke overnight, like that..." Jats clicks his fingers then laughs at himself doing so then wanders about biscuits before continuing "...nah they are just the deluded small percentage still ironing their shirt for the morning, or homesteaders living in fear behind their bullets and eating cheese while the revolution goes on outside their windows beaming live on their big tv's, whereas I now..." says Jats marvelling once more at his 21st century Kalishnikov beneath his fingers "...no I'm getting involved in this, why not, it could be larf as I have forumland now with the best weapon that the military let slip through their fingers, yes let the virtual wars begin..." announces Jats closing the curtains for an afternoon wank now and then a bit of gardening perhaps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aunrJ...eature=related

Last edited by Jats; 09-06-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Old 09-06-2012, 09:58 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

("...great post there, and wickedly Jats too..." mentioned the goblin)

repost from elsewhere

in fact, the goblin never once thought of the others here as anything other than smart, saying "...seems everything one hears tries to dumb one down in dailylife, and where not, they just give you those half truths about the economy, the job situation and one's prospects, but once here on forumland one doesn't actually exist so one can actually be oneself and not drown in their dailylife's hype each time, which is what then, just studying to become some square peg qualified for that square hole of a job that either isn't there when one graduates, or won't last long, or that will pass you up for someone younger/smarter/cheaper/whatever, so actually being in the state employed or unemployed makes no differeence where there is no permanence to it anyway, simply that's a bygone job for life mindset of yesteryear that is pure folly today, oh yes, society still lies to one that the american dream is both possible and permanent, is it, then why don't the facts on the ground ever reflect the hype in the air..."

148 3067 62099

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-07-2012 at 12:43 AM..
Old 09-07-2012, 01:15 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere, new

"...ah no, one shouldn't believe in god, for if one goes around stating that one only believes in god, then what one is actually confessing by that is that it's just a belief with you and not something you actually know already, so no, obviously it's "I know god" but clearly one doesn't know what one knows only that one knows it from within...", in fact, the goblin hated all that surrender to jesus crap too, for if god wanted unquestioning blindness and sheep for humans he would have created man in their image instead of his seeing image now, stating "...so if one doesn't get closer to god on the path of reason, I mean if your god doesn't stand up to the test of your own reason, then simply you hold to a misinterpretation of god and need to go back to the quarry of doubt to find him again, hell no not that followers in christ stuff, no make that leaders in christ instead please, so don't fob your homework with a surrender to the established church in his name, find god in yourself and in you're own way too, for isn't that your homework on earth if any..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Old 09-07-2012, 05:59 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...and then you go an sum it up like that, I give up, I was funnier though and I'm stealing that Snoopy picture...a repost then, chatting to one of the gods somewhere...
Oh, Jats, you're just as confusing as Fleamailman. Lol!
"...nah, we, like anything, are easy to fathom once you get the hang of it, though we are mostly harmless..." replies Jats feeling better now that the second cup of caffeine has kicked in and his 'post for the day' is underway, yes funny how they soon mount up that way "...though there are always one or two trolls on every forum, even the quiet ones so we are well used to them, and my apologies then if you got caught in the crossfire so to speak..." continues Jats noting the ever increasing delay of responses leaving room for growth then nods Jats at the similarities having just got back from some spraying now, though quite looking forward to the next sly little dig elsewhere born from who knows what then, where Jats and Flea will just let the ever growing number of readers be the judge of that then, even though they knows where to find them, waiting, where even the gods sit up and take notice of that ever growing thread tucked away, some of them even joining in and writing in their posts now too "...yes funny how you'll ignore every link to a website and blog until you see an example of some ones writing, instead of the normal barrage of pithy one liners and txtspeak, it's obvious really, take xxxxxxx for example where if all I had seen of her were idle conversations and her modding across the forum then I wouldn't be interested in the slightest about her 'proper' writings, but now I have seen some in her posts, I'm more likely to look for more of her then, why even part with my hard earned 99 cents for her ebook perhaps..." unexplains Jats as the glorious weather outside the little cottage by the canal screams at him to stop wasting it and so quickly Jats sums up "...so, it begs the question then, who here is encouraging writers to write the most then, these proper writers here so fond of 'editing' others works, or these 'livewriters' then...so, write me something, dance with me now..." suggests Jats smiling while changing into his boots and shorts to see what dailylife has to offer the chameleon now

Last edited by Jats; 09-07-2012 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: ...to edit post and I forgot to steal Snoopy...
Old 09-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...a wee one, from "the greatest invention to benefit mankind" thread elsewhere...

"...too easy..." smiles Jats ignoring the rest of the debate now and prepearing to eat a late lunch after salivating for the last ten minutes to the smell of freshly baked bread "...writing, it's obvious...think about it..."

Last edited by Jats; 09-07-2012 at 01:26 PM..
Old 09-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Why is it that adrenaline makes everything happen so much slower when we need it to go fast, wonders Loz as she rushes in, momentarily splashing under the shower like a lion at a waterfall, taming her mane so she can tug a comb through it. As she pulls on her incredibly expensive lingerie, she's tumbles, novels clattering to the floor as she reaches to steady herself on the bookshelf. She supresses a giggle, realising she'll never be as seductive as the outfit, but at least she can try, eh.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...wine and exquisite lingerie, nothing finer, I hope you have/had a wonderful time then having sent my mind racing, see, words see...a repost then...

Jats, you are a dirty bugger! I don't think we need to worry about the forum disappearing cos of a server migration, cos it will probably disappear when the internet police shut it down for displaying ****!* ;D

And if I was to go into psychiatry I would say you have an obsession with ****ion. Which probably began at an early age when you accidently discovered that by tugging on said ****, it gave you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside!

Now, tell me about your childhood...........
"...it began in the bathroom, I remember it well that unsurpassed moment..." the chameleon chuckles "...we are sexual beings are we not, is it so wrong to admit it, do we not all desire the human touch, that trust as sometimes there is no need to intellectualise and to just feel, enjoy these senses that give us so much, but as ever, everything is an addiction these days, yes how I pity the sex addicts then to have it only as a condition..."

Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere, a writer's forum

Many of the younger generations don't even recognize bad writing because their own grammar skills are low
"...well there you go goblin..." went the slot's voice now, continuing "...just tell them that you're writing for the younger generation and that publishing world will at last admit your unrivalled ability to write wrongly as their latest trend in this summer's emperor's clothes collection...", but the goblin wasn't having it, saying "...I don't know slot, I mean I'm not sure if the younger generation aren't actually more interested in being on social networks than all that one way book reading, yes, they're certainly conversing far more than previous generations, and one only has to turn up on their forums, to see how quickly they are both receptive to reading and replying in posts, though I don't know where any of this is going, nor how to reconcile them to writers who in their turn never seem to take forumland seriously as a writing medium, it's like each dislikes the other then, where the younger generation takes one look at those writertypes suspecting that they all jumped off the mayflower with the founding fathers, and where those writertypes too, glance back thinking that the younger generation was some sort of necessary evil to be promptly ignored while getting on with that serious stuff of their bookwriting elsewhere again...", so it seemed a kind of writing generation-gap that has been carried over onto forumland here, where neither would recognize the other's opinion nor compromise their ways

148 3773 62220

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-07-2012 at 09:40 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-10-2012), Loz (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 01:36 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere, new, needs editing

If you didn't have a persona, how would you write?
"...odd question because whatever one writes is already one's persona by it..." replied the goblin, continuing "...just you by your posts then, but think of here as an masked ball then where, being anonymous, even if you were to show me your signed photo, your bank statement, together with all your other details down to the very last fact about you, you'd still be asking me to believe you, why, because nothing is here, no one is here either, no, only that which represents your persona is here, a very lifelike mask at best but still only mask of you all the same..."

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:13 AM..
Old 09-08-2012, 12:36 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere, new, same topic as before, second bit

i don't see myself as a persona....what i type is an outpouring of what is inside...my contemplations, meditations, and sometimes spur-of-the-moment thoughts/reactions, like lately here, on xxxxxforum.....sho' 'nuff, there was a big ol' ebbing orange-ish moon in the sky....it explains the insane, plastered-on-frozen-faced smiles of some who gleefully post about their to-be self-destructiveness and seem to expect me to cheer them on.
"...you alone do not see yourself as a persona perhaps, but those around you soon form a persona from that which you tell them..." replied the goblin again adding "...yes, people don't see themselves so they think that they are something other than that which they post, perhaps as something more than what they post then, but the persona is clearly made up of those five factors that I mentioned previously, where you are that person behind that portrayed persona perhaps but still it all that comes across to the reader is the persona as portrayed, where for example I could change my avatar and username and just as long as I write in this way with the content you know me by you would imagine it to be me still, simply upon this masked ball of forumland even those who think they're not wearing a mask to themselves, writing as themselves then, are still wearing one to others..."

xxxxx 3075 62286

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:15 AM..
Old 09-08-2012, 10:53 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost for elsewhere

"...where I will never make a penny out of this, promise, and where no one will ever know who I am either..." replied the goblin in earnest, and without any regret about it, adding "...why, because I'll never be old this way, that's all, just once a goblin always a goblin I suppose, ever anonymous, and ageless too...", perhaps what the goblin feared most was that fate of entering merlin's cave and being surrendered to the television or a book alone, saying "...for doesn't medusa ever date her known authors in that published stone, but you can always chat with me here instead if you like, where I'll never change now, the key words being socially engaged and mentally active I believe, or am I missing something..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-08-2012 at 10:56 PM..
Old 09-10-2012, 03:39 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere, a "last post" thread again

"...you win when I sleep..." replied the goblin, adding "...also, and you win when I don't notice the passing of time for the distractions of this dailylife, and dailylife by the way can make anything and everything seem so much more important than this journey to self here, and then later, somewhere along this path then, when one realizes that all one has of oneself are those material trinkets of the moneygod and social trappings of dailylife, one feels a stranger to oneself even, simply it was always and ever just everywhere but inwards wasn't it, so you win when I lose sight of journey of self here, but I won't blame you for my own blindness towards it..."

149 3077 62435

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-10-2012 at 05:48 AM..
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

"...ah but these trinkets don't seem to be worth as much as they thought..." comments Jats wakeing to talk in the news of a general strike being called in little England, amongst other stories of general unrest as many hover dangerously above the bread line which stares up at them alarmingly and clearer now with that big smokescreen the Olympics over now as our afletes go back to scrabbling around for funding for Rio ironically, and so, after a slight delay, the recession starts to bite in the bum now "...a day off for me then, a few chores, a late lunch and then more forms piled up on the coffee table to wade through that have been put off for far too long, as usual..." dashing outside as the predicted showers lash down at the window of the little cottage by the canal Jats manages to grab the almost dry washing off the line before returning to the waiting slot with a nice warm cup of tea in hand "... when I get round to it, eventually, at the very last minute..." continues Jats and then spending five minutes hunting a fly down to it's death "...haven't you noticed, all this stuff being sold on the likes of eBay, even being given away eventually as the slow realization of 'something's only worth what someone will pay for it' dawns on the population where those with money already capitalize nicely on the situation of course, buying up anything that is always worth anything in the long run, gold, property, land, while extorting the last penny out of the poor with the money lenders charging thousand percent's now, which was illegal five years ago, yet there is a cash for gold shop on every high street suddenly with other pawnbrokers doing a roaring business again, where those and other 'I'm Alright Jacks' will make a killing, naturally, but their percentage is shrinking even with the spike in suicide rates and so, when these millions, become more millions close to starvation will the thought of a National Strike instead seem reasonable, to march on the capitol en masse, these worker drones all coming together, where it's either that, or every man for himself then...why even the Scots and the Welsh now are backing away with arms raised, whistling towards devolution..." and so browsing for cheap cottages in Wales, and not for the first time then, Jats chuckles knowing it was a mistake to click on radio Cymru this morning

Old 09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...a repost...

Jats ponders on random stuff for a bit and then returns to the slot for a parting shot "...mini me made the new school football team today, one of only sixteen picked from the whole year and so all those rushing through traffic on Sunday mornings trying to get to the games past all those Sunday drivers without swearing, too much, and taking him to practice and those endless kickabouts of gently quietly coaching him, without him sometimes noticing 'this is not just a game, this is WAR! This is your chance, this is the xbox for real' I would remind them all laughing when they were not taking it serious enough, have all paid off then, and so what if there are ball marks all over the house, only men live here so it's allowed then and anyways it will wash off, and those little last few pre trial pep talks mixed in with funny tails of my own trials and tribulations over the dinner table 'well you will have to play better than today then, it's not going to be easy getting into the team at this school, just standing around showing off won't do, it's up to you, you are gonna have to work much harder than that' all said with a grin, might have helped then too..." smiles Jats very pleased with himself and pleased and proud for the boy too who is learning what 'pride in battle' really means it seems "...nope, me, not done nothing much today, you..."

Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere

I didn't like your posts first but now, I also like reading them... keep them coming, Flea.
"...join the queue, I mean most people don't like my writing-style either, yet this is the price of my anonymity here..." replied the goblin, continuing "...where, a bit like someone's heavy foreign accent, they just get used to it, till finally they don't even notice, where I for my part manage to slip by medusa stare by it, which is ever my goal on forumland, I mean who wants to be recognized on forumland then, ah yes, becoming well know as an unknown might be fun perhaps, being recognized sounds like no fun at all..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-11-2012 at 04:01 AM..
Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere, new,

"...common-land is nobody's land, common-law is nobody's law, and a common-law wife is nobody's wife either..." started the goblin, continuing "...so, what exactly is this common market system that became the europe union that the individual member states have signed up to, and what does it actually mean if it's just something that none of them take direct responsibility for...", in fact the goblin imagined that today being the date of 9 11, that it would be the only thing that ourdearmedia would relate on the news, moreover, he imagined too, that nothing about the European Financial Stability Facility or EFSR presently being replaced and enhanced by the European Stability Mechanism or ESM, and whose vote upon it as either constitutional or unconstitutional by the the German Constitutional Court taking place on 9 12 will get no mention by ourdearmedia at all, so the goblin just smiled, saying "...of course the vote is a foregone conclusion of its acceptance perhaps, for if they don't accept it the euro is doomed straight off, but it also means that the sovereign states cannot back out of their commitment here, so it only ties the member state ever tighter together, and ever deeper into communal debt by it yet the politicians together with ourdearmedia along with the rest of us too, have no wish to grab this bull by this horns as of yet, if at all that is, just that a communal problem is nobodies problem, or someone else's problem..."

xxxxx 3081 62603

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-11-2012 at 05:50 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-12-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:25 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...and, with a small picture, from the "Is it right that veterans jump cues?" thread elsewhere...

"...but that's not the 'point' here is it, no I always thought that you were in the army for life and so shouldn't they be whisked to a field hospital somewhere where jocular doctors sort them out in double quick time before sending them back to civvy street, or something...no, ex forces guys never leave, you see them folding their washing meticulously, still, and making their bed every morning, pavloved to the nines, doing IT or something now, not quite as exciting as flying helicopters, but there you have it, it pays the rent cus uncle Sam sure won't, and for sure it's the pills or the booze, or both, at night, for some, but not all..." Jats ponders some more, waiting for the rain to stop before walking amongst the humans again, to see how they are "...no let them jump a few queues I say, for whatever reason they went to war lets not forget they are human too then, for if we think of them otherwise it makes us inhuman then..."

Last edited by Jats; 09-11-2012 at 03:28 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-11-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

("...100,000hits by christmas..." went the goblin, "...nah, we'll never make it, but I like the odds all the same, and trying for it sounds fun indeed...")

repost from elsewhere

"...sorry xxxxx, you did ask me and I was, in my way, somewhat honest with you, simply that if I correct you, then you turn into me by it, where no, this has to be you to yourself here, and where instead you can post with me a bit either on this thread or elsewhere, not to learn anything from me, more just to learn about yourself in your own writing style now..." mentioned the goblin, repeating "...so you think that you can write in third person straight off, well perhaps so, though more likely, it'll take practice, also think about your readers here, and how clearly the market-share of books, both physical and electrical, has shrunk even in the last two years alone, for do you not see where this is going then, yes to social networks now, yet people still want to read, I mean look at this thread alone, in the space of a two days it gets 146 hits to it, and this forum is a quiet one too, imagine that this had been posted to one of those big forums that I usually avoid where each post you did would get you at least a hundred hits, yes, a real circus it would become by it...", and with that the goblin wished well, and hoped xxxxx would post again

149 308 62673

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2012 at 01:21 AM..
Jats (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...even just me and you by the looks of it then, yes I'll take that bet, the usual $1 then, they'll have gone back to their books for a bit...meanwhile I have been trying to start a revolution elsewhere, it didn't work, but I got a few posts out of it in the end...

"...useless fuckers..." mumbles the chameleon to himself while Jats fresh from the shower chuckles at the apathetic incompetence "...no this is forumland, this is not dailylife, where one can be anything one wants to be here remember, so what's it going to be then other than winning the lottery or that dystopian future that you sometimes dream for as the head hits the pillow in search of a blissful dream world that never quite works out as planned with some fucker appearing out of nowhere, the next door neighbour or some random, that chap from accounting, or worse some one you know appearing in your head acting all weird and shit and certainly not following the storyline you had envisaged, for there is no control of dreams, they just do as you please, like forumland then where every forum is the same but different, yet they have their quirks and themes, but still all a dream then..." smiles Jats getting ready to get milk now, tying up the boots for a walk in the rain knowing comfortingly it will be just the same tomorrow then, though still hoping none the same

The Following User Says Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

When Martin Luther King said, "Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see," did he not try to explain the idea he had? Did he not try to bring within the grasp of those surrounding him the Idea of Plato? Did Plato not suggests in his Allegory of the Cave that what mankind sees as reality is in truth a collection of shadows cast on the walls of the cave in which we are imprisoned. And are all humans not imprisoned in the cave they call their minds, their ideas, their philosophies? Does not enlightenment comes when an individual grasps the idea that there is truth beyond sense? And that truth does not always makes sense?
Would truth make sense and humans have the sense to see those truths ... "Ah," muses Lucky, "then it would really be an ideal world."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...ooh I much prefer your picture, I'm nicking that...

i wonder if socrates and plato would know what to make of me
Jats is smiling thinking of some of Plato's more famous quotes now that are appropriate, still... yet a lesser known one is 'How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?' "...na he would be too busy in this future suing people for nicking all his ideas than be bothered with the likes of you and me then..." and that reminds Jats to see if a good copy of 'Inception' is available yet, same thing without all that chosen one crap

Last edited by Jats; 09-12-2012 at 08:26 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
luckyme (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 02:11 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

"...our one dollar bet it is then Jats, but I'd rather lose and have 10,000hits by christmas instead..." went the goblin back from food poisoning, yet posting on still, saying "...definitely this livewriting is a hard albeit rewarding practice, but if one ever wants to become known by one's posts on forumland, then I guess there is no other way then other than that of challenging oneself directly spurred on by the hitcount's dual sense of audience and feeling of deadline of this thread...", where the goblin knew too that no one was ever forced to post here, and where it came as no surprise to him at least that many to date had stopped, but those others, the ones who had stayed the course that is, had improved as seen then, moreover they had become known by their posts too, holding their posts as ample proof of their thoughts and reflections, saying "...funny isn't it, often I really don't know what I'm actually thinking let alone writing until I commit those words to this slot here, then when I finally do hit the post button, there's that feeling of know then that this is me where I see myself by what I have portrayed, just me by my posts..."

xxxx 3087 62735

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Jats (09-13-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,013

repost from elsewhere

Why do I get the feeling that xxxxx is one of you guys feeding yourselves?
"...ah now, you do understand that no identity can be proven here, simply internet voting falls flat for that very reason..." mentioned the goblin, who could be anyone else, just like anyone else here could be anyone else too, or even everyone else for that matter, adding "...but my going dual is not my style, and besides my dyslexia betrays me somewhat, even if I imagine a writer would have to be able to put it off I suppose, if only because the parts in the plot are all duals of the author..."

149 3088 62761

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-12-2012 at 09:26 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

There's no moral compass here, no great message, he just didn’t like B-Nubz.. or T4, and the night before he had watched Frankie Boyle’s Tramadol Nights.

It was Christmas morning and he was drinking coffee with some Brandy, Sheridan's liquor and Bailey's in it... it was a sickening but indulging drink and he was feeling suitably sinister. The B-Nubz were on broadcasting trying to get the British public to gain some perspective. "Flappy" – a rapper and part of the B-Nubz trio was giving a heart-warming speech about the things we should be grateful for. The Greeks, who were really going through some economic turmoil militated British fears of financial crashes as if they were canaries down the crisis mine. Our school system was still not as bad as most. We may not have been able buy the I-Pad we really wanted and had to settle for the Kindle... but we could still eat which is more than can be said for some. Flappy was, with all due respect, only trying to give our soldiers hope and asking us to think about those less fortunate. It was the most beautiful thing John had ever seen, he cried for the first time in years. Flappy’s eyebrows were shaved with incredible precision and his pinky ring was shining like a glacier in the Arctic sun. Just as he was coming to the end of this speech he flashed an endearing cheeky grin and expertly slid his designer shades over his eyes. Before the sparkle bounced off of his canines... a masked gunman appeared on the T4 set, shouted something in Arabic, and shot the little shit straight in the face. We can all dream, can't we?

Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...bloody marvellous John...one from me, just chatting elsewhere being my uplifting self...

"...interesting..." remarks Jats kicking his boots and 'Bear Grills' pants off "...of course I could do that, survive in the wilderness again for sure, though I would be off my box too in time, already having a head start then, unless I had my laptop, and forumland, though you'll not catch me doing it for a tv show, no way, you couldn't kill anyone then, and that chap is right, solar panels, log burner, wood store, etcetera, it's the way to go, but ask yourself this then instead, how long could you survive in your apartment, condo, twee house in the burbs if the power was suddenly cut off, no light, heat, water, and the shelves in the supermarkets empty within days, no most would barely survive a week, with it not having to be a post apocalyptic nightmare/fantasy either, it could happen tomorrow without all that zombie nonsense..." surmises Jats emptying a bunch of seeds from his pocket and placing them in a bowl on the window sill to dry out before putting the kettle on again, one of those old fashioned ones without a cord and a plug that sizzles nicely on the log burner in winter "...and after all, being out in the wilds all self sufficient just makes you an easy target if you ask me, picked off one by one by marauding gangs fuelled by as many narcotics as they could get their hands on, or just the blood lust, nope, take care of now first, build alliances, your neighbours will less likely shoot you then, or pause enough for you to if need be..." chuckles Jats realizing he knows where two gun stores are located now after chatting to that jolly farmer with his 12 bore tucked under his arm last week bagging a couple of winter pheasants and a bit of tree work in the process during a pleasant chat "...you never know, so if it happens tomorrow, good luck! You'll need it in Ummerica with all those guns about..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aAtBPLvjJQ&feature=plcp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
brinny (09-18-2012), fleamailman (09-13-2012)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe