WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.


Are Crop Circles Evidence of Extraterrestrials ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-17-2016, 04:50 PM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 270
Thanks: 66
Thanks 62
Default Are Crop Circles Evidence of Extraterrestrials ?


Here's some fresh meat for the Intellectual Table!

So, whether or not there is extraterrestrial life in the universe?

Crop circles provide an interesting piece of evidence.

I am aware that several years ago a couple of guys with boards and rope claimed they could make crop circles, but all they could really accomplish was simple circles.
Most crop circles are way to complex, and intricate for a human to accomplish.
The images are amazing, Ignore the ones that are obviously photo shop creations....



__________________
" Life's Permanent Temptation is to Confuse Dreams with Reality. Life's Permanent Defeat is to Surrender to Reality." ---Unknown

Last edited by NuNu; 08-17-2016 at 04:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-17-2016, 09:09 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,040
Thanks: 408
Thanks 1,118
Default

As much as I would love there to be aliens, I don't believe it.

Crop circles are just math. Humans can do seemingly amazing things given a little time and effort.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2016, 05:53 AM
flyingtart's Avatar
flyingtart (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 920
Thanks: 144
Thanks 183
Default

Some years ago I suspected aliens were arranging my Rice Crispies in intricate patterns on the kitchen floor. Every morning I would find more and more elaborate designs, and tried every way I could to discover the cause, without success. The National Geographic and scientific press sent reporters and photographers. The top universities sent teams of postgrad research students. For months my kitchen became the centre of a fascinating mystery. But no matter how many recording devices the researchers set up the origin of this bizarre phenomenon could not be explained. Somehow the Rice Crispie Circles, as they had by now come to be known, appeared without any help from outside agency.

Then, as suddenly as it had started, it stopped.

For many years I wondered how the amazing Rice Crispie Circles could fit into a well ordered universe. Until, on his deathbed, my pet hamster confessed it had been him all along.
__________________
Awaiting the return of the Dog’s Arse Messiah.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtart For This Useful Post:
NuNu (08-18-2016)
  #4  
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 270
Thanks: 66
Thanks 62
Default

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Some years ago I suspected aliens were arranging my Rice Crispies in intricate patterns on the kitchen floor. Every morning I would find more and more elaborate designs, and tried every way I could to discover the cause, without success. The National Geographic and scientific press sent reporters and photographers. The top universities sent teams of postgrad research students. For months my kitchen became the centre of a fascinating mystery. But no matter how many recording devices the researchers set up the origin of this bizarre phenomenon could not be explained. Somehow the Rice Crispie Circles, as they had by now come to be known, appeared without any help from outside agency.

Then, as suddenly as it had started, it stopped.

For many years I wondered how the amazing Rice Crispie Circles could fit into a well ordered universe. Until, on his deathbed, my pet hamster confessed it had been him all along.
ROFL!!
__________________
" Life's Permanent Temptation is to Confuse Dreams with Reality. Life's Permanent Defeat is to Surrender to Reality." ---Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 AM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 270
Thanks: 66
Thanks 62
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
As much as I would love there to be aliens, I don't believe it.

Crop circles are just math. Humans can do seemingly amazing things given a little time and effort.
Look at those thin lines, those cannot be created with a board and rope.
As far as applying math, do you mean like counting your footsteps in order to create symmetrical patterns?
Imagine walking through a knee high field, in the dark,using a board and rope, and wind up in a perfect circle!
I just find the symmetry hard to believe that a human could do that in one night and be so spot on.

But. If it is humans than they are extremely smart and dedicated people.
I did see an article about a guy who created HUGE works of art in the sand just using his feet, and he did it through counting steps, and accomplished perfect symmetry, so yes, It is entirely possible that it's humans I suppose. Very, Very talented humans.
__________________
" Life's Permanent Temptation is to Confuse Dreams with Reality. Life's Permanent Defeat is to Surrender to Reality." ---Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2016, 09:52 AM
Mohican's Avatar
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Not quite back of beyond
Posts: 4,204
Thanks: 382
Thanks 722
Default

A bit to NuNu's point - you would have to see how/what method was used.
__________________
If you surrender a civilization to avoid social disapproval, you should know that all of history will curse you for your cowardliness - Alice Teller

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Cricket Leaf's Avatar
Cricket Leaf (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks: 26
Thanks 8
Default

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Some years ago I suspected aliens were arranging my Rice Crispies in intricate patterns on the kitchen floor. Every morning I would find more and more elaborate designs, and tried every way I could to discover the cause, without success. The National Geographic and scientific press sent reporters and photographers. The top universities sent teams of postgrad research students. For months my kitchen became the centre of a fascinating mystery. But no matter how many recording devices the researchers set up the origin of this bizarre phenomenon could not be explained. Somehow the Rice Crispie Circles, as they had by now come to be known, appeared without any help from outside agency.

Then, as suddenly as it had started, it stopped.

For many years I wondered how the amazing Rice Crispie Circles could fit into a well ordered universe. Until, on his deathbed, my pet hamster confessed it had been him all along.
Ha ha, I love that!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-18-2016, 05:16 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,040
Thanks: 408
Thanks 1,118
Default

Originally Posted by NuNu View Post
Look at those thin lines, those cannot be created with a board and rope.
As far as applying math, do you mean like counting your footsteps in order to create symmetrical patterns?
Imagine walking through a knee high field, in the dark,using a board and rope, and wind up in a perfect circle!
I just find the symmetry hard to believe that a human could do that in one night and be so spot on.

But. If it is humans than they are extremely smart and dedicated people.
I did see an article about a guy who created HUGE works of art in the sand just using his feet, and he did it through counting steps, and accomplished perfect symmetry, so yes, It is entirely possible that it's humans I suppose. Very, Very talented humans.


A circle can be created with a stake at the center and a rope tethered to it. Those skinny lines 'look' skinny from the air, but are not that narrow when you're on the ground. We have conquered darkness with night vision, so tape measures, GPS, and all other simple tools can be seen in the pitch black.

I don't claim to know how they do it, but I once watched a guy make a mural of a woman in a modified ant farm with different colored sand. He poured it in from the top. It looked JUST LIKE HER!!!

People can do amazing things. In fact, YOU can also do amazing things. I'm sure of it.😀
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-19-2016, 07:42 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 453
Thanks: 29
Thanks 123
Default

Most of these circles are mown by sat-nav tractors that can automatically follow whatever course is plotted into them.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circles Around You WilliamS. Poetry 5 01-06-2013 05:33 AM
Composition of Circles psychosis Poetry 0 09-25-2012 08:34 AM
Cliche #9 - Crop Circle Killer Jinjonator Prompts & Challenges 1 07-03-2010 06:37 PM
Free Inquiry and Skepticism House (FISH) xfacktor Writers' Cafe 164 11-20-2006 01:06 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:06 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.