WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Are Crop Circles Evidence of Extraterrestrials ?

Old 08-17-2016, 04:50 PM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 62
Default Are Crop Circles Evidence of Extraterrestrials ?

Here's some fresh meat for the Intellectual Table!

So, whether or not there is extraterrestrial life in the universe?

Crop circles provide an interesting piece of evidence.

I am aware that several years ago a couple of guys with boards and rope claimed they could make crop circles, but all they could really accomplish was simple circles.
Most crop circles are way to complex, and intricate for a human to accomplish.
The images are amazing, Ignore the ones that are obviously photo shop creations....

Last edited by NuNu; 08-17-2016 at 04:56 PM..
Old 08-17-2016, 09:09 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,118

As much as I would love there to be aliens, I don't believe it.

Crop circles are just math. Humans can do seemingly amazing things given a little time and effort.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:53 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 183

Some years ago I suspected aliens were arranging my Rice Crispies in intricate patterns on the kitchen floor. Every morning I would find more and more elaborate designs, and tried every way I could to discover the cause, without success. The National Geographic and scientific press sent reporters and photographers. The top universities sent teams of postgrad research students. For months my kitchen became the centre of a fascinating mystery. But no matter how many recording devices the researchers set up the origin of this bizarre phenomenon could not be explained. Somehow the Rice Crispie Circles, as they had by now come to be known, appeared without any help from outside agency.

Then, as suddenly as it had started, it stopped.

For many years I wondered how the amazing Rice Crispie Circles could fit into a well ordered universe. Until, on his deathbed, my pet hamster confessed it had been him all along.
NuNu (08-18-2016)
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 62

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Some years ago I suspected aliens were arranging my Rice Crispies in intricate patterns on the kitchen floor. Every morning I would find more and more elaborate designs, and tried every way I could to discover the cause, without success. The National Geographic and scientific press sent reporters and photographers. The top universities sent teams of postgrad research students. For months my kitchen became the centre of a fascinating mystery. But no matter how many recording devices the researchers set up the origin of this bizarre phenomenon could not be explained. Somehow the Rice Crispie Circles, as they had by now come to be known, appeared without any help from outside agency.

For many years I wondered how the amazing Rice Crispie Circles could fit into a well ordered universe. Until, on his deathbed, my pet hamster confessed it had been him all along.
ROFL!!
Old 08-18-2016, 08:28 AM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 62

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
As much as I would love there to be aliens, I don't believe it.

Crop circles are just math. Humans can do seemingly amazing things given a little time and effort.
Look at those thin lines, those cannot be created with a board and rope.
As far as applying math, do you mean like counting your footsteps in order to create symmetrical patterns?
Imagine walking through a knee high field, in the dark,using a board and rope, and wind up in a perfect circle!
I just find the symmetry hard to believe that a human could do that in one night and be so spot on.

But. If it is humans than they are extremely smart and dedicated people.
I did see an article about a guy who created HUGE works of art in the sand just using his feet, and he did it through counting steps, and accomplished perfect symmetry, so yes, It is entirely possible that it's humans I suppose. Very, Very talented humans.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:52 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 722

A bit to NuNu's point - you would have to see how/what method was used.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Cricket Leaf (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 8

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post

Ha ha, I love that!
Old 08-18-2016, 05:16 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,118

Originally Posted by NuNu View Post
Look at those thin lines, those cannot be created with a board and rope.
As far as applying math, do you mean like counting your footsteps in order to create symmetrical patterns?
Imagine walking through a knee high field, in the dark,using a board and rope, and wind up in a perfect circle!
I just find the symmetry hard to believe that a human could do that in one night and be so spot on.

But. If it is humans than they are extremely smart and dedicated people.
I did see an article about a guy who created HUGE works of art in the sand just using his feet, and he did it through counting steps, and accomplished perfect symmetry, so yes, It is entirely possible that it's humans I suppose. Very, Very talented humans.

A circle can be created with a stake at the center and a rope tethered to it. Those skinny lines 'look' skinny from the air, but are not that narrow when you're on the ground. We have conquered darkness with night vision, so tape measures, GPS, and all other simple tools can be seen in the pitch black.

I don't claim to know how they do it, but I once watched a guy make a mural of a woman in a modified ant farm with different colored sand. He poured it in from the top. It looked JUST LIKE HER!!!

People can do amazing things. In fact, YOU can also do amazing things. I'm sure of it.😀
Old 08-19-2016, 07:42 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 123

Most of these circles are mown by sat-nav tractors that can automatically follow whatever course is plotted into them.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table