This is old news but here are a few vibes;
1) Can Fox actually be labeled a victim?
2) Is a >$1 million fine (unless the guy is really rich) a life sentence? How is he going to pay the rent and eat? What kind of payment plan could they use?
3) Do some murderers get off easier?
4) Is a $518M worldwide revenue against a budget of only $135M a loss for Fox? Did this kill the film industry, Fox getting $383M in profit rather than $384M?
5) Can a Fox executive be fined the equivalent amount of money (relative to their income) for malpractice in the film industry?
“The film industry creates thousands of jobs in Southern California,” said United States Attorney Eileen M. Decker this week. “The defendant’s illegal conduct caused significant harm to the victim movie studio. The fact that the defendant stole these films while working on the lot of a movie studio makes his crime more egregious.”