WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction

Fiction Novel excerpts, short stories, etc.

Guardian Angel part 1 The Nameless Warrior (edited)

Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 PM
EndlessPoss. (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Default Guardian Angel part 1 The Nameless Warrior (edited)

Guardian Angel part 1
The Nameless Warrior

The Dark Ages

In the Dark Ages there rages a War between The Manna Kingdom of Humans and the Underworld of Demons. No one knows how the war began or how long it has lasted; however, one night it will end. A warrior from a far off land is known only as The Nameless Warrior. He became a soldier of The Manna Kingdom and became King Hornois' greatest warrior. He fell in love with King Hornois' daughter Lauranna. On the eve of the last night of the war they were to be wed, and King Hornois could not be happier. That evening The Nameless Warrior was to lead his troops to one final battle to end the war.

The Nameless Warrior has discovered where The Dark Lord has been hiding in the Underworld and he decided to wage one last attack. By this time both kingdoms have lost many of their people. There were few little humans left, few demons left as well so this was a perfect time to end the war. The Nameless Warrior took his remaining troops to the Underworld to hunt down and destroy all of the surviving demons before confronting the very last one: The Dark Lord himself. They had succeeded in destroying every last demon and lost the same number of humans, before The Nameless Warrior caught up to The Dark Lord.

The Nameless Warrior offered mercy to The Dark Lord, but The Dark Lord would have none of it. Before The Nameless Warrior cut off he vowed, "That his son will reign as the supreme ruler of demons and the demons will rise again and rule the world."

Unknown to The Nameless Warrior, there lurked in the background The Dark Lord's son: Damien, The Prince of Darkness himself. As he watched his father sacrificed himself for the Underworld. Damien vowed he would, "Get revenge for his people and his father on The Nameless Warrior."

As the son rose over the world, The Manna Kingdom hailed the end of the war and the end of The Dark Ages, and King Hornois prepared to celebrate the union of his daughter and The Nameless Warrior. King Hornois announced that The Nameless Warrior could not get married without a name, so he named The Nameless Warrior, Guy. The Nameless Warrior was pleased with this, and henceforth would be called Guy. Damien the Dark Prince had watched the whole thing from a hidden place. At the right moment he came from behind Guy, took Lauranna and broke her neck. As she died in Guy's arms, King Hornois called for his guards to kill Damien, but Damien escaped without a trace.

At the funeral of Lauranna, King Hornois told Guy that "Lauranna had been pregnant with his child. She was going to tell you after the wedding but now it is too late."

Guy's anguish was made more unbearable when King Hornois added, "It was your fault Lauranna died. If only you had seen Damien beforehand, you could have prevented her death."

Before Guy could reply King Hornois finished by announcing, "You are no longer welcome in my kingdom. From now on you will forever be known as The Nameless Warrior."

The Nameless Warrior slunk off into the night and out of the kingdom, prodded along by the king's guards. Weeks passed and The Nameless Warrior was in the jungle bathing in a river, when Damien found him. Damien thought he had surprised The Nameless Warrior from behind when he leaped out of the tree and attacked The Nameless Warrior. However, The Nameless Warrior had seen him coming and he got his sword from nearby quickly.

The Nameless Warrior grabbed him then took his sword and pointed it at his neck. The Nameless Warrior stood there in the water with Damien, when Damien said, "It was indeed your fault that Lauranna died. When you murdered my people and my father, you brought revenge upon yourself and those that love you." Damien continued: "Like you are an outcast. We can work together you want your old life back."

The Nameless Warrior did not trust Damien; but they did share a desire to recover their former lives. So The Nameless Warrior agreed to help Damien-for now. Damien revealed that he had the power of invisibility, which had allowed him to get passed the palace guards.

Damien told The Nameless Warrior, "That his father The Dark Lord told him of a rare gem that had the power to make wishes come true. King Hornois knew that this gem was too powerful for any one person or demon, so he hid it deep beneath his castle." Damien said, "If you can get me in the castle, you will be able to obtain that gem."

But there was one condition: "When you find the gem, before you use it you must first lend it to me." The Nameless Warrior agreed to this, on one condition that they destroyed the gem afterwards, Damien agreed to the terms.

That night, The Nameless Warrior set off an explosion that destroyed half the castle's gate and roused the guards. Before the smoke had settled, The Nameless Warrior charged through the castle on his horse and attacked the guards with his sword. This distraction allowed Damien to reach the dungeons of the castle where the gem lay hidden.

Damien held up the gem and called out: "I wish my people were alive and well again by all their numbers!" Then a portal opened from the gem. The demons arose to the surface and destroyed The Manna Kingdom.

Yet Damien still kept his word and gave the gem to The Nameless Warrior, who wished, "He could live in a time where no one knew of him or demons." The gem glowed; there was a flash of red light, and The Nameless Warrior disappeared into the light.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Life if full of Endless Possibilities!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 AM
gumboWriters (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 6

I am waiting for the continuation, this is pulsating.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 AM
EndlessPoss. (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

I am working on editing my story right now because some people didn't like the way it was written and I agree with them. So I am taking their advice and I am trying to make my story better. I'll finish the plot later sorry.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:40 AM
EndlessPoss. (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

To find the contiuation follow these steps:

Click on memebers to find the member list,
Click on the letter E,
Click on number 3 then number 4 in th top right corner of the page,
Scroll down to find my username EndlessPoss.,
Click on EndlessPoss.,
Find where it says find all post by EndlessPoss.,
Click that link and my most recent post including the contiuation of Guardian Angel will be there
Final step:
Click on a story, read, and Enjoy!

I hope this helps!!!

Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Azmacna (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 63

Originally Posted by EndlessPoss. View Post
To find the contiuation follow these steps:

Click on memebers to find the member list,
Click on the letter E,
Click on number 3 then number 4 in th top right corner of the page,
Scroll down to find my username EndlessPoss.,
Click on EndlessPoss.,
Find where it says find all post by EndlessPoss.,
Click that link and my most recent post including the contiuation of Guardian Angel will be there
Final step:
Click on a story, read, and Enjoy!

I hope this helps!!!
that's a bit long winded!
click on Endless in this thread
click on profile
click on 'all threads started by Endless
done

as for the story... i'm afraid it's telling and not showing

Last edited by Azmacna; 12-09-2009 at 08:18 AM..

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction