WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Writer's Beat Technical Support

Writer's Beat Technical Support Tech support for problems with logging in, passwords, or any other hitches you may experience on the forum.

How do I contact tech support?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:54 AM
TdeV (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Icon4 How do I contact tech support?

I have been sent to this site by one of your users. I'm interested in looking at his posts, as they are relevant to something he wants to do with my group on LinkedIn.

Search did not produce any posts from the user. With some difficulty, I paged through this site's users until I found him but could not list any of his posts there either. I thought this might be because I was not registered to this site, so I joined.

Now I can no longer get search to function (the old search window) and I cannot find any search function now that I am logged in. (I have used this forum software, though maybe not this version of it, on other sites). The link for technical support does not work. The FAQ which has a blurb about moderators gives no information how to contact any. One moderator was online some time ago, so I sent an individual message. It was not answered.

I cannot post in the Technical Support forum.

What I would like is:
-the url to look up a user's posts
-the email addy for a moderator

It is noteworthy how difficult this entire process has been. Can't be good for attracting new users.

Thank you,
TdeV

Old 03-02-2016, 10:18 AM
daes13 (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 342

I think there's a post requirement to access certain features, 10-15 I believe.

It is noteworthy that the user you are looking for didn't provide links to their work...
Old 03-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 488

Hi, TdeV. Sorry the search has been difficult. It will take 10 or so posts for the site to fully open up, as Daes13 mentioned. (Thanks Daes) It's sort of a protection thing so an admirer or enemy cannot flood PM's to a user upon joining.

Why do you not have a link from this user?
Old 03-02-2016, 04:52 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229

HI Tdev.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time of it here on WB.

Odd, but I recently suggested to someone that they come here and use my signuture name to evaluate a couple of my stories.

Now I'm wondering if what I said won't work here.

Maybe a Moderaor could advise?

Should I have used story titles like GOING HOME or VACATION GAME or THE BAD GOD?

WRC

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:08 PM
TdeV (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

wrc, I'm the person you suggested should come here!

I still don't know how to search for your posts though.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 488

So wrc needs to send the link(s) to you, TdeV. Problem(s) solved!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagit For This Useful Post:
daes13 (03-03-2016), TdeV (03-02-2016)
Old 03-03-2016, 05:34 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229

Hi Tdev.

Now I'm becoming frustrated and I assume you are, too. This entire snake dance began because you wanted to know if I was a real person and was qualified to join your discussion group.

I assume you now know I'm not a software robot. I have a profile on linkedin with my background. William Ronald Craig. I think my BG qualifies me to join. If if doesn't then I'll just rack it up as another lost opportunity. If you want to read my work I'll be glad to send you some.

As to WritersBeat, it's been good for me in the feedback I got when I got it. But, relax, and be aware that I'm not in the crosshairs of a hustler or a con game. This is a group I really want to join, but, I guess, the requirements are stiff.

To everyone who got caught up in this snake dance, I apologize.

wrc

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:48 AM
CandraH (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 507

To those who want to know. To find a member's posts list, click on their username in any thread then in the drop-down box, click "find all posts by (username)".

For signature links, you have to be a logged in member, and then its just a case of clicking on the links in a member's signature box, if they have any.

P.S. There's no option in the drop-down box for threads, so if you're looking for a member's work rather than just their posts, you'll have to use a different method. This forum doesnt have an easy way of finding members' threads (they changed the software a few years back and made all member profiles private by default, which means members have to make them public themselves) so you may want to ask in a thread they've posted in or pm them if you can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:59 AM
TdeV (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Of note, it's not possible to send a non- or new-user a link to anything a member posts.

Thanks for your help.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Writer's Beat Technical Support