WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Online "publishing"?

Old 11-01-2016, 09:12 AM
tremor (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 4
Default Online "publishing"?

(Don't know if this is the right place for this, move it if need be.)

I'm looking for a place online where I can "publish" (using that term loosely) an episodic-style fantasy story. Really don't want to use fictionpress, or other traditional services. I want something where I can control what is and isn't there for features and can maybe share new episodes on social media.
Any suggestions or recommendations?
Would I maybe be better off with my own website/blog?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Tapatalk

"If I knew then what I know now, I'd stay six years old." -"Thrones" by Alexisonfire
Old 11-01-2016, 06:00 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 229

Hi tremor.

Here's a few suggestions you.

Since you're not trying to get rich, but are seeking readers, you should consider a Creative Commons liscense along with your copyright notice. They also provide links where you can place your work. Also do a search for "Creative Commons Work/publishers'. BTW, they have a liscense where you retain all commercial rights but can also provides free access.

Creating your own website would allow you to provide a pdf copy to anyone, for a fee or free. Search 'free websites'. Most people do not read the agreements you have to consent to before using. You need to understand what you're agreeing to. Free may not be free as the agreement may cost you once the site is up and running. Read and understand the agreement. I suggest you begin with wordpress.com but there are others. Your own website would allow you to add a new chapter when ever you want.

The problem with your own site is the time it takes to create visitors. The key to getting eyeballs is the keywords you use to describe your site and which the search engines use to sink up the seekers with the site.

Feel free to ask if have other questions. Good luck to you. wrc

Originally Posted by tremor View Post
(Don't know if this is the right place for this, move it if need be.)

I'm looking for a place online where I can "publish" (using that term loosely) an episodic-style fantasy story. Really don't want to use fictionpress, or other traditional services. I want something where I can control what is and isn't there for features and can maybe share new episodes on social media.
Any suggestions or recommendations?
Would I maybe be better off with my own website/blog?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 Using Tapatalk

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrc For This Useful Post:
tremor (11-02-2016)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe