WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

On writing and fair warning

Old 03-17-2011, 04:56 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262
Default On writing and fair warning

Oh I know I will never measure up. My writing skill will never be good enough for the people who are in college. Taking classes and tests. Studying the popularly acclaimed greats.

And that is quite alright. Their education serves as shoelace. Keeps footgear on their feet. Toes safe from being stubbed up against the need to express pounding, pulsing, churning, twisting, poking, as of yet, nameless things. Things that gallop, slither and tumble just behind the lips. Things that fill a space between the ears. Roil in the gut. Ache in the legs. Twitch in the spirit.

I do not begrudge them their fashion.

I would not wish this naked vulnerability on anyone.

And I will, without conscience, demise all that ever try to take it (my naked vulnerability) away from me.

Last edited by Nick Pierce; 03-17-2011 at 05:32 AM..
Old 02-28-2017, 03:36 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
Oh I know I will never measure up. My writing skill will never be good enough for the people who are in college. Taking classes and tests. Studying the popularly acclaimed greats.

And that is quite alright. Their education serves as shoelace. Keeps footgear on their feet. Toes safe from being stubbed up against the need to express pounding, pulsing, churning, twisting, poking, as of yet, nameless things. Things that gallop, slither and tumble just behind the lips. Things that fill a space between the ears. Roil in the gut. Ache in the legs. Twitch in the spirit.

And I will, without conscience, demise all that ever try to take it (my naked vulnerability) away from me.

Opinions, reactions, Mr. Pierce?
Old 02-28-2017, 03:38 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Opinions, reactions, Mr. Pierce?

It is colorful yet concise, Nick.

And I do note the somewhat wry twist at the end.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 377

Very nice!
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 05:58 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 230

it's kinda lame, haha see i went to college. took it as insane comeback. but anywho, nice to see different topics up here on the beat, other than my boring time at trying a new style.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (03-01-2017)

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing