WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

UKIP: Meet the New Boss

Old 11-30-2016, 12:06 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141
Default UKIP: Meet the New Boss

Was going to post this on the Trump thread, but as it's OT I've started a new thread.

Trump's victory has prompted Farage to head off stateside, presumably in hopeful expectation of a cushie little payback job from his idol. This left a leadership vacancy in his Mickey Mouse party, which was filled initially by Some Woman who lasted about five minutes before she realised UKIP is full of angry little white men who don't like women telling them what to do. So she's now been replaced by another angry little white man with all the frothy mouthed charm of your neighbour's rottweiler. He's clearly styling himself as a British working class Trump, making reactionary pronouncements about abortion, race relations, gay rights and even selling off the NHS. It will be interesting to see whether he can achieve his aim of leading UKIP from slapstick to glory. Or even stop them tearing lumps out of each other, which would be something.

The Following User Says Thank You to flyingtart For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 12:18 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 359

Originally Posted by flyingtart View Post
Was going to post this on the Trump thread, but as it's OT I've started a new thread.

Trump's victory has prompted Farage to head off stateside, presumably in hopeful expectation of a cushie little payback job from his idol. This left a leadership vacancy in his Mickey Mouse party, which was filled initially by Some Woman who lasted about five minutes before she realised UKIP is full of angry little white men who don't like women telling them what to do. So she's now been replaced by another angry little white man with all the frothy mouthed charm of your neighbour's rottweiler. He's clearly styling himself as a British working class Trump, making reactionary pronouncements about abortion, race relations, gay rights and even selling off the NHS. It will be interesting to see whether he can achieve his aim of leading UKIP from slapstick to glory. Or even stop them tearing lumps out of each other, which would be something.

The UK is already one step in front of the US, UK will get soft Brexit, which will predict soft Trump.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-30-2016, 12:42 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

PickleBottom (11-30-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 01:01 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 359

Ha ha! Look at him go!
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-21-2017, 11:33 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

The antics of UKIP continue to entertain on this side of the pond despite the prevailing Brexit despondency.

Nuttall is currently standing in the Stoke by-election and seems to have put every foot wrong in the course of his campaign, including registering as a resident when he clearly doesn't live there (illegal). The latest is claiming to be a victim of the Hillsborough disaster, although strangely he didn't get round to making a statement to the police about it until yesterday, some 28 years after the event.

And this isn't the first time he's been found out. In the past he's falsely claimed to have a PhD (he doesn't) and to have had a career as a professional footballer (he hasn't). Sadly he's learning the hard way that boasting in the pub is a world apart from the scrutiny he must face in public life.

He's now apparently gone into hiding from the media for fear of digging himself an even deeper grave.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 359

Lying is a matter of course for Politicians.

There is a type of insect (from memory) where the male wraps up a smaller insect in a cocoon and presents it to a female as a treat, while the female is eating this cocoon wrapped treat, the male gets to "hump her brains out" (I think that is the scientific term). But sometimes the males will actually present the female with an empty cocoon, because by the time she finds out the cocoon is empty the male has already "humped her brains out".

That's pretty much what politicians are about, they present the populace with a cocoon with the promise of a treat within, then we let them fuck us, only to find nothing inside.
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
flyingtart (03-02-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:26 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 359

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post

There is a type of insect (from memory) where the male wraps up a smaller insect in a cocoon and presents it to a female as a treat, while the female is eating this cocoon wrapped treat, the male gets to "hump her brains out" (I think that is the scientific term). But sometimes the males will actually present the female with an empty cocoon, because by the time she finds out the cocoon is empty the male has already "humped her brains out".

That's pretty much what politicians are about, they present the populace with a cocoon with the promise of a treat within, then we let them fuck us, only to find nothing inside.
Ah yes, here it is, 'along came a spider...'

Pisaura mirabilis
"Male spiders have a unique opportunity for gift manipulation through the gift wrapping trait, for example by preventing female assessment of the gift content. By disguising the gift content, males may deceive females to copulate, while the female attempts to consume the gift."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuptial_gift
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-02-2017, 12:42 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post

Perfect analogy.

Of course the problem arises when the female gets the wrapper off before he's humped her. Poor Nuttall is so inept he didn't even get his flies unzipped.

BTW Where have you been, Pickle? I've missed you.

Last edited by flyingtart; 03-02-2017 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: Should proofread
PickleBottom (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 02:29 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 359

Perfect analogy.

Of course the problem arises when the female gets the wrapper off before he's humped her. Poor Nuttall is so inept he didn't even get his flies unzipped.

BTW Where have you been, Pickle? I've missed you.
Thank you, I've missed you too!

Every now and then I need to go into the wilderness, and find myself, I'm like a set of keys.

What about yourself?
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-02-2017, 05:47 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Oh, I'm nothing like a set of keys. Except bits of me do jangle occasionally. Must see someone about that..
PickleBottom (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 07:00 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 359

Oh, I'm nothing like a set of keys. Except bits of me do jangle occasionally. Must see someone about that..
Yep... I saw a comedian once, as part of another comedian's show if I remember correctly. And she was commenting on what happens to guys balls as they get older. That is, when they reach a certain age watching them sit down on a toilet is a lot like watching a tea bag being dipped in a cup of tea. You can't lose that kind of imagery. I suppose I have that to look forward to.

I had this year that was punctuated by looking out the window - at different places mind you - and having my view assaulted by goat's balls. Just randomly, I could be at a restaurant, golf course, at a goat farm, and what do you know, I am suddenly looking at goat's balls. Have you seen the size of goat's balls? If you haven't check them out on Google Images.
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
flyingtart (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 09:45 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Blimey, I see what you mean.
PickleBottom (03-06-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 01:40 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 359

Blimey, I see what you mean.
Yep, and now because of that comedian, long droopy balls remind me of my mortality, it is like a sign - one day I will get old.

Because, with the exception of some people who would wear a penis gourd, or guys who wear very tight swimwear (budgie smugglers), there is not a large list of reasons why a guy should be showing off their nuts, and therefore are nut a large number of products that help with nut-lift. Nuttall!
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-20-2017, 10:16 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 597

Looks like the New Boss of BREAKS-IT is trying to consolidate her power. Also looks like in France, the person trending toward nationalism is creeping ahead.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:27 AM
flyingtart (Online)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 141

Where have you been, Mo??? I was just rounding up a search party.

Re the UK election, Theresa Maybe has been saying for months she would not call an election, so what does she do? Now she claims she needs a majority to deal with Brexit. Guess what, she already has a working majority to deal with Brexit. She says she needs a majority to deal with the Lords. Guess what, Commons elections have no effect on the Lords. Good rule of thumb, whatever she says the opposite is true. Fact is, she's gambling on the fact Labour's current leader has a poll rating worse than herpes. But elections, like polls, have a habit of biting you in the ass so take nothing for granted. The tories have blundered from one disaster to another since the last election and it won't have gone unnoticed among the Great Unwashed.

One piece of good news though. Trump's new best mate Farage won't be standing so at least that's one less swivel eyed bigot on our tv screens. (Yet, I type that with a sinking heart as I suspect the meeja will still wheel him out as a commentator. Oh well.)

I'm not so clued up on French politics, but that Dutch refugee from Village of the Damned didn't do so well despite all the hype so I'm hoping this is just another case of wishful thinking.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table