Board Games Get it? "Board" games.

Can we play a game?

Old 09-26-2015, 02:04 PM
BluebellCharm (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 25
Default Can we play a game?

Okay so the idea is we each write a paragraph or sentence that continues from the last. It is a game, but also so I can selfishly try to learn from you talented bunch of writers! (I see this has been done before by Marc D, so apologies for posting something similar)

The rules are you can write no more than one paragraph or sentence before the next personís contribution. It should also follow on a similar theme.

Iíll begin:

The punch came from nowhere.

The sheer force of the impact caught me squarely on the chin and sent me toppling backwards before crashing down into a messy heap on the ground. I instinctively held my arm in front of my face so as to resist another blow from my assailant.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Then the S.O.B. kicked me. In the ribs.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:21 PM
Jolly (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 38

He drew back his steel-toed boot to give me another good shot, when I grabbed his ankle and pulled hard, sending him tumbling down beside me.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:32 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

And I looked into his eyes. I felt something. Something quite unexpected.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 355

A shiv to the kidney. Well, not quite the kidney, but close. It hurt like hell.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:00 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Then a kind of calm I had never known before suffused my being. I held his knife hand fast to my side. My free hand moved towards his face, pointer and second finger slightly apart.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:46 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 488

I poked hard, burying my weapon knuckles deep into his eye sockets. Blood squirted and stained my hand as I wiggled my fingers free. His gurgling scream broke the silence.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:04 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

A rising stench told me he had lost control of both his bowel and his bladder.

I began to feel uncomfortable.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:32 AM
Jolly (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 38

How was I going to explain to my boss that I just "took out the competition?"
Old 09-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Then I saw her. Stacked heals on black, calf high leather boots. Black leather shorts (they are so tight-how can there be space for another garment under them?).

A white halter top that looked as if it was going to fail under the strain at any moment. And the hair! Waves of orange red sparkling cascading thick silkiness swirling down over her shoulders.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:45 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 488

A souvenir!

Those curls looked so tempting . . . so alluring. Then the tantalizing smell of a freshly cut peach shampoo aroused me as she neared. Unfortunately, but not totally distracting, her smile revealed several missing teeth.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:07 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

She must have noticed me noticing her grin because she said: "You should see the other girl".

I have always felt a special attraction to a woman that likes a good fight. Now if only I could get to my feet and properly introduce myself.

Last edited by Nick Pierce; 09-28-2015 at 06:10 AM..
Old 09-28-2015, 08:46 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

She saved me the trouble. Squatting down near me, she reached her hand out and expertly slipped my wallet from my pocket.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:51 PM
BluebellCharm (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 25

"What?" she shrugged, "You didn't expect a helping hand did you?"
Old 09-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

I rolled to my side, then onto my knees while thinking of the glint I had seen back behind her grey eyes.

Where had I seen those eyes before?
Old 09-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

And then it came back, the shiv in the side, the look in the eyes. My God, this was his sister!
Old 09-30-2015, 10:58 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

The shock knocked his thinking from first person to second.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

No, the shivver's sister!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:19 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

He managed to tear open the Quick Clot packet he always carried and stuffed the powder into his seeping wound. The flow slowed and stopped. As he stabilized his thinking cleared.

"Now just what is going on here?", he asked Trixie.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

Trixie held out her hand.

"Your watch," she said.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:55 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 201

But it was his. The mountains were his. The valleys, his. But then every kiss tasted as if joy and pleasure, all his bliss had the name "Trixie".
Old 10-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

Dying will do that to you.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:29 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

"Yes, dying will do that to you" he mused, in an ambiguously tense manner.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:27 PM
NSD716 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

The shiv remained in his side, not too deep, but certainly enough to puncture the kidney. Its handle protruded out past his fingers as he used his hand to try and stem the bleeding. Blood continued to pour from the open wound, ignoring his attempts.

Well, he thought, at least I have a spare.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

First it was close to the kidney. Now it seemed in it. The Qwick Clot had stopped the bleeding yet now he thought the blade was still in his side.

As the delirium muddled his mind he began suspecting a coating was on the steel.

He was unable to determine how much time had passed since the start of the encounter.

And why did Trixie want his watch?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

So she could tell him, to the second, how long it had been. It seemed he had been to Hell and back, only to discover he was still there. How long would that take? He didn't know.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:30 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

After he answered his own questions he asked himself another: Was Jesus a zombie?
Old 10-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

In that nether-world between life and death the question seemed pertinent. Yes, it was the the only question and with a sudden clarity, surprising as otherwise his oxygen starved brain was shutting down making everything seem gray and thick, he realized the correct answer could save his life. He knew he knew it but it was just out of reach. He nibbled at the edges but just as the final form began to take shape it dissolved into vagueness. The answer seemed to be on the other side of Death and he knew if he but stepped over he would know it, know it and everything else that could be known, and then some.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

Some band from years back sang it for him, '...should I stay or should I go?..." He knew he knew who they were but as with the Jesus question (a sudden stab of guilt for putting the Clash in the car with Jesus but now that he remembered their name they could get out) and speaking of getting out he tossed Jesus too, the zombie fucker.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:25 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

But Trixie had another idea about how things are gonna go for Bobo.

She pulled an adrenaline pen from her boot and firmly planted it in Bo's chest ramming the plunger home.

You see, she needs him alive. She is madly in love with him and only she knows he is adopted.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games