WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Will Trump's Health-a-majig get up?

Old 04-04-2017, 11:12 AM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 686

The Scorpions!

Can you hear Putin humming Rock You Like a Hurricane?

Old 04-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Myers (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 169

Good one!

And Survivor might be another option. Or how about those guys who did "The Final Countdown?"

I kind of think you need to have plenty of cheesy synthesizer...
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
brianpatrick (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 01:03 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 686

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Good one!

And Survivor might be another option. Or how about those guys who did "The Final Countdown?"

I kind of think you need to have plenty of cheesy synthesizer...

I saw survivor live in 1984 with this chick I was dating then. I bought the tickets because she was a fan, and I wanted to get in her pants. I'm forever in debt to those guys. I hope the Russians DO afford them a comeback. Actually, they were pretty good live. Or maybe it was the shrooms.
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Myers (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Myers (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 169

Heh. I try not to rag too hard on anyone band or kind of music. To each his own, but I really can't handle that kind of bombastic, synth augmented rock of the late 70's and 80's. Never could take much in the way of prog rock either.

Heck, I grew up with grunge -- and only some of that holds up.

And I remember when I loved U2, and now I can hardly listen to them.

I keep going back. I just did a deep dive into Small Faces -- the albums "We Are But Four Small Faces" and "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake." Damn, they were good.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

BTW -- Maybe you've heard them, but here are a couple of great Small Faces songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22iu_TQ6Vo0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vWTtx_PxPo

Last edited by Myers; 04-04-2017 at 02:19 PM..
Old 04-20-2017, 10:19 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 590

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
I don't know -- with the Russians, I'm thinking something more lame like Styx or Journey.

But come to think of it -- they might dig those awful Aerosmith power ballads from the 90's.
I can't believe how you missed this. Of course the theme is Europe's The Final Countdown.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 590

Wouldn't Survivor need a new singer? Unless they pull a Rolling Stones and prop up a dead person in front of the mike?

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 590

Would it be too wacky and conspiratorial to think that Paul Ryan's handling of the Repeal of the affordable Care Act is part of a plot to get the populist, the non establishment conservatives and the Alt Right dis interested in voting?

Shit like this makes secession and rethinking the union more and more attractive.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 590

On a non conspiratorial note, tRUMP has always been outside of most of his base on the health care issue. He's for providing health care, albeit in a way more efficient to and superior to Obama Care.

His base for the most part wants a straight repeal. Repeal and replace versus straight repeal is some weasel worded shit that shitskins like Paul Ryan had started to slip into the parlance about a year and a half ago.

Most of the people that want an outright repeal might not realize that at this point in the life cycle of Obamacare would be a fast BTMFD move versus the slow entopropic death spiral of AFCA.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table