WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction

Fiction Novel excerpts, short stories, etc.

Lethal Temptations 1-11

Old 04-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Sinfully Sweet (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Lethal Temptations 1-11

L E T H A L T E M P T A T I O N S

Chapter One
He's Called Kuroe

I cringed with anger as I walked down the street. Everyone around me whispered, while others told me to get lost or go to hell. It was nothing new to me. I’ve listened to the people around me say those cruel things my whole 17 years of living. Being what I am isn’t easy. I bit my tongue as a man shoved me forward, hitting me viciously with a shovel. But, as I said before, being what I am isn’t easy.

“Kill him Kuroe! Kill him!” The wolf in me snarled.

“Listen to Kain, Kuroe! KILL HIM!” My other half, the vampire, bellowed.

I tried my hardest not to listen to them, Kain and Kaden that is. It was no use. Once they both got angry it was impossible to stop them. Whirling around, my long navy blue hair swishing around my waist as I did so. My claws sunk into the man’s brawny arms. I lifted him easily off the ground. The snarl that broke past my lips shook the ground beneath my feet. “I suggest you don’t touch me again, fool.” I snapped, throwing him to the ground like a rag doll. I ignored his young daughters shrill cries as she tried to shake awake her father. It was useless.

The people on the streets shot me death glares but kept clear of me. I’m surprised Lily hasn’t showed up to shove me in my cell yet. Lily is my sister. She was born before my mother was turned into a vampire, her father is unknown. My mother was changed into a vampire when she was pregnant with me only two years after my sister’s birth. The vampire who changed her goes by Pheron. My father is a werewolf. He doesn’t even know about me. And I know little of him.

My mother was killed a year after my birth by the towns people. They had shot her with silver bullets, and stabbed her with stakes. While Lily held me in the back, she didn’t even cry. Lily has always despised me. And my mother. She was brainwashed by the people in our town that we’re bad and that we must be killed. But she never wished of my death. She only wished that I would be locked in a cell underground. Locked from the world. Today I had freed myself when she forgot to lock the door to keep me from escaping.

Your wondering why I can’t just break free of the cell, right? Even if I’m part vampire, part werewolf, and only a little bit of me is human, I can’t free myself. Lily is a very intelligent girl. She has set up a very strong shield around my cell. She’s very skilled at witchcraft. She only uses her skills to harm me though. To keep me in check. Disciplined. But she let her guard down for only a nanosecond. And I was out that steel door and bolting out of the shield she had let down before she could turn her blonde head.

I was thirsty and in need of something that would satisfy my abnormal thirst. Blood was on the menu. Licking my lips with my pointed tongue, I glanced around with dark blue eyes. Nothing was around me. My nose was prickling. I perked my black wolf ears forward, listening intently for any signs of movement nearby me. Nothing. Growling with impatience I began to bound forward, my eyes looking around wildly. My long black bushy tail was curled along my broad waist.

Then I saw her. Oh I saw her.. The petite red head lounging on a worn down bench. Her stunning green eyes were looking at me curiously, no sign of fear or disgust in them at all. Freckles dotted the bridge of her nose is a scattered line. She had round pink lips, but you could tell they weren’t her natural color as they smelt of skittle lip gloss. She had a light line of eyeliner on her eyes, making them pop and shine. Her lashes were long, even without mascara. Her nose was straight and cute. Her face a nice oval shape. In other words, she was gorgeous.

I stopped in my tracks and stared right back at her. My eyes narrowed in confusion. “Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked her angrily.

She smiled, but didn’t sit up, she remained flat on her back with her arms across her forehead. “Well, for one you have dog ears, blue hair, a tail, and your very, very pale. Is that what you people here call normal?” She asked with a soft airy laugh. “I’m just curious.” I said nothing.

“She’s got the hots for you, Kuroe. Your father would be so proud.” Laughed Kain. I growled low in my throat at Kain’s words. “I’d shut up if I were you, Kain.” I hissed quietly. “Oh, whatcha gunna do Kuroe? You can’t hurt me. I’m part of you.” He laughed cruelly.

“Kuroe, you should take this chance. Take advantage of her! Your thirsty, and so am I. Bite her!” Kaden said anxiously. I closed my eyes, trying not to take what Kaden said into consideration. “Good Idea Kaden.” Kain said, he sounded pleased and anxious too. I snarled, “No. I will not do that.” They bickered to each other about how inconsiderate I was. But otherwise they left me alone.

I opened my eyes, only to be staring directly into the girl’s bright green eyes. She was standing in front of me. Her hands on her hips while she extended her torso forward in a half bow, while she peered curiously at my face. “You were talking to yourself.” She said.

I rolled my eyes and snorted, “No. I was talking to..” I trailed off and furrowed my brow. I couldn’t exactly say I was talking to Kain and Kaden. They weren’t even real beings. I shook his head, “No one.” I said instead. She stood straight. Looking disappointed when she only reached my chin. I looked down at her and raised a brow, “Who are you? Your new here.”

“Thank you Captain Obvious!” She said while stretching her arms above her head and then placing her hands on my shoulders. “I, Mr. Doggie, am Belle DeClore. I just moved her with my father. We live right down there.” She said, pointing down the street. Which was close to where he too lived. “What’s your name, I doubt you want me to call you Mr. Doggie.”

“I am Kuroe Dhein. I live down that way as well.” I said, in a flat voice. I’ve never managed to make myself sound lively or friendly in anyway.

“Kuroe... That’s a strange name.” She said with a grin.

I nodded slowly, “It fits me.”

She smiled and nodded, reaching up and grabbing hold of my right ear. My eyes widened, but I didn’t move. “So these are real?” She asked in awe. Scratching behind them, which felt unusually good.

“Oh damn, this girl knows all the right places.” Kain said in a relaxed voice.

I leaned into her hand, and closed my eyes, nodding slowly, “Of course they’re real.”

She turned me around with ease, and took my tail in her hands. I whipped it quickly out of her grasp, wrapping it firmly around my waist. “Never touch my tail.” I warned her, and turned around. She didn’t seemed frightened at all. She just peered up at me with a soft smile. “Alright.” She said nodding.

We stood there just staring at each other curiously. I was curious as to why she wasn’t running away from me. While she was curious about who, and what I was. Everything washed from our thoughts moments later however. “There you are! Kuroe, I’m so fucking pissed at you right now! Hurting Mr. Thomas! You know your strength. And you know your not supposed to be out of your fucking cage!” Lily yelled angrily from behind me.

I turned around and stared at her with equal hatred and anger. “So what if I hurt that fat ass guy? At least he’ll know not to mess with me anymore. Of course I know my strength, I’m not stupid Lily. Damn right I’m out of my cage! You can’t keep me locked up forever.” I snarled back at her.

Kain was cheering me on, telling me that I should let her have it. While Kaden was telling me to bite the fuck out of her and make her feel me pain, and quench my thirst. Then I remembered Belle. Turning my head I glanced at her. She still wasn’t frightened. She was still curious. “I’ll go sit down..” She said and sat down on the bench. Her legs drawn up to her chest, while she watched Lily and I.

I turned back around, right when a blade hit me square in the chest. I staggered back, and stared in shock at my chest. Blood drooled from the wound. I pulled the blade out of my chest, and turned it over in my hand, looking at my deep red blood. I ran my tongue over the cool steel, making Kaden laugh and encourage me. I didn’t continued though. I stared at Lily. Who was standing tall, with her fists clenched at her sides.

I waved the dagger in her direction, “Did you really think you could kill me with this Lily?” I asked her in a calm voice. My wound had already healed itself.

She smiled wickedly at me, “No. It was a distraction.” She said, and before I had a chance she had wrapped a chain around my neck. I strained against it, but she had put a spell on it. Making it impossible to break free. I snarled in rage and opened my jaws. My nose scrunched up into a vicious snarl. Venom could be seen in my mouth. My large fangs were dripping with the putrid liquid. I yanked the chain my way. She was pulled along with it. I grabbed her by the neck and pulled her close to me. She was pleading for me to stop.

“Kuroe! Stop!” Belle yelled. I froze, my fangs just inches from her exposed neck. “Let her down.” She said calmly. Determination in her eyes.

I stared at her with narrowed eyes. “Why should I?” I snarled.

She smiled at me, “Because if you kill her, it wont make your life easier, it’ll be harder.” Belle said, as if she knew everything about me.

I lower her slightly but kept my grip on her. “If I kill her my life would be a lot easier. I’d finally be able to be free.” I snapped.

Belle shook her head, “You’d still have your curse.”

That got me. I’d never be free. I’d still have these curses. I’d still be part vampire, part werewolf. I threw Lily down like I had done to Mr. Thomas. She sprawled on the ground, gasping and crying. Glaring up at me. I shook my head and turned around. “I’m going home.” I hissed.

I could hear Belle comforting Lily as I took off down the street to the hell hole I call home. “Cheer up Kuroe. You’ve still got us!” Kain said with his boisterous laugh. Kaden joined in his laughter. I tuned them out as I entered my home. It was still the same. Plain and ugly.

Wandering around aimlessly, I noticed no changes. I entered my bedroom and sat down on my dusty bed. It hadn’t been slept in for ages. I ran my hand over the bed sheets. Lifting my hand up I studied it. It was lined with dust. I grabbed a box that was resting on the floor. Not recognizing it at all. When I opened the lid, I was hit with sorrow. My mother. I picked up the stack of old photographs. I haven’t looked at any of these pictures before. Lily must have thrown them in here..

One picture was of my mom holding me when I was first born. She looked exhausted, but extraordinarily beautiful. The next was of her hold Lily’s hand and keeping me balanced on her shoulders. She looked so happy. Lily had on a fake smile, and I.. For once in my life was filled with joy. I felt a jolt of shock at the next picture. There was my mother laughing happily while a bulky man with white ears held her to his chest. My mother had a very plump belly. That was my father. I knew he was..

I stuffed the pictures back into the box and threw it across the room. He knew about me but he never had the guts to stick around! Anger broiled in me. I stood up and turned, finding Belle standing in my doorway. I stared at her with confusion. Why was she here?

“What do you want?” I asked her coldly.

She smiled and walked towards me. Her red hair was pulled into a tight ponytail. Belle sighed, “Lily said she’s had enough of you.”

I raised a brow, “Oh?”

“Yes. So... I’m going to take care of you.”

Chapter Two
Thank You

“Yes. So... I’m going to take care of you.” The words left her lips so easily. As if it was something she had said a dozen times before. I was confused and angry. But then again I was... relieved. Relieved that Lily had finally snapped and let go. Then I was confused about a million things, why wasn’t this Belle girl frightened? Why did she still have that curious look on her face? And then I was angry because of the photographs. Not to mention angry that Lily thought she could give me to someone else to ‘take care of’.
“Excuse me?” I snapped at her, my blue eyes ablaze with all of my tormented feelings. She cocked her head to the side and studied me, “I didn’t stutter.” She said.

I furrowed my brow and stood up from the mattress. She didn’t look scared as I neared her. “What gives you the right to take ‘care’ of me?” I hissed through gritted teeth at her. Belle didn’t look disturbed by my peeking anger. Her back straightened as she stood tall in front of me. “I have no right to take care of you.” She said simply, then added, “But I’ll do it anyways.”

I grabbed her wrist and jerked her close to me, my fangs shredded my chapped lips. Kain and Kaden were unusually quiet. The heat radiating from her petite bodice made my thirst lurch. I could feel her warm blood flowing through her veins. Every beat of her heart was felt as I clutched roughly on her wrist. Hunger snarled within me as I sniffed her neck. Her scent was intoxicating. It smelt of citrus and honey. I drew back reluctantly and studied her face. She was flushed, but still no trace of fear in her eyes of facial features. Out of desperation I whined, “Why aren’t you afraid?”

She looked puzzled now. Belle’s bright green eyes narrowed with confusion, while her thin brows arched towards the ground. “I’ve dealt with worse creatures than yourself, Kuroe.” She told me. Pain flickering across her face for a brief moment. “Much worse.” She said, her voice raspy, as if she was on the verge of tears. My eyes probed hers, but they were blank now. Completely empty..

“Do you even know what I am?” I asked her with a growl.

Slowly Belle shook her head. “No. What exactly are you?” The words left her mouth with no rasp, but with curiosity.

“I’m part vampire, part werewolf. There is only a bit of human in me.” I told her truthfully.
A smile lit up her face, “That explains these then.” She said with a soft laugh as she reached up and touched my ear. Belle combed her fingers through the onyx fur, before letting her hand fall back down. My hand still locked firmly around her wrist. I nodded my head and flicked my ears involuntarily.

“What did you mean when you said you’ve dealt with much worse?” I asked her, the curious bug hitting me like a mallet.

She smiled softly, “A very close loved one of mine.. He was in constant pain. And I had to stay with him every day comforting him as he went through agony.. He forgot who he was sometimes, which meant he forgot me.. So he would attack me. While I would tell him to calm down, and try to comfort him as he did these horrible things to me. He was part demon part werewolf. He was bit by a werewolf, and that werewolf hadn’t been a full wolf, he was a demon as well. So he passed on his horrible curses to my.. My..” Belle stopped, looking away from my face. Biting her lip to keep the tears away, “Husband.” She croaked out.

She looked back at me with green tear filled eyes. Her body was shaking with silent sobs as she let her tears slowly fall. I had no clue how to comfort her. I’d never been comforted before, and have never seen an example of comfort. Panic overwhelmed me as she flung herself into my chest and wailed, her hands clutching onto my tattered black shirt.
“You dumbass!” Kain snarled loudly, “Hold her!”

“What do you mean hold her?!” I snapped right back at him.

“I mean put your goddamn arms around her and hold her!” Kain yelled.

My eyes were wide as I heard his words. “Are you serious?!”

“Of course I’m serious.” He growled.

Her sobs were growing greater. Out of desperation, I let my arms snake around her waist. Holding her shaking body close to mine. Her sobs stopped, but her tears didn’t. Belle’s head lifted and she looked up at me. I was panicking again. Was this supposed to happen? Why is she looking at me like that? She smiled softly at me and hugged me. I stood stiff as she nestled her head in my shoulder. My stomach was doing wild flips in my stomach. And I didn’t like it one bit.

I pushed her away from me and she sniffed while she whipped away her tears. “I’m sorry.. I just lost it.” She said shakily.

I nodded my head, for once I was at a loss for words. She looked down suddenly and laughed. I followed her gaze and realized my hand was still around her wrist. I let go and shoved my hand in my pocket. She smiled at me, “I’m still going to take care of you.” She said and moved around me. I growled in frustration.

“Oh bite me, baby.” She said as she flopped down on my bed. This startled me and I turned around quickly. Looking at her with wide eyes. “What?”

She laughed and used her hands to brush away the dust from my mattress. “Not literally, silly.” Belle said, still laughing. I cautiously walked towards the bed. She was unaware of me as she continued to clean off the bed. Or so I thought. “I swear to God if you really to bite me, I’ll sue.” She said. I stopped, and stared at her.

Belle used her feet to push herself up to the top of the bed. Where she pulled back my covers and crawled under the covers. “Come on, Kuroe, up.” She said, patting the free space on the bed. I was still cautious as I sat cross-legged on the bed. Her blouse was crooked, revealing the top of her left breast. A lump caught in my throat as I stared down her shirt. I was going to look away when I noticed her moving. But I was too slow. She shoved me down, and straddled me, a vicious gleam in her eyes. “I’m off limits, drool all you want, dog, your not getting any of this.” She said, her face inches from mine.

I stared at her, completely stunned by her sudden change of personality. “She’s toying with you, Kuroe.” Kaden told me.

I continued to stare up at her. She smirked and sat down on my abdomen, her palms on my chest. Her head was tilted to the side as she looked at me. “Your quiet.”

“Yes, I am.” I said breathlessly.

She laughed and propelled herself forward, her face only inches from mine. “I’m driving you nuts, huh?” She asked me, an air of pride floated about her.

I nodded, “Yes. I can’t figure you out.” I confessed.

“Hmm. It’s the complete opposite with me.” Belle said, “I figured you out right away.”

I growled low, “Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.” She said with a laugh, “Want me to tell you who you are?”

“Go right ahead.” I snapped.

“Well, Kuroe Dhein, you are trapped inside your mind. Your clueless, and bottle up your real emotions. You despise what you are, and are confused by simple things. You act like a tough guy, when really your just a guy with a load of angst. Your dying to have a girl in your arms so you have something to love.” She said in a bored tone.

I snarled loudly, and shoved her backwards, now she was pinned underneath me. “I knew I should have bit you when I first saw you!” I snapped viciously and widened my jaws. I was about to sink my fangs into her delicate peach flesh, but she took my face in her hands. My dilated eyes caught her sight. She grinned deviously and pressed her lips to mine. A hot rush flew through my body. As if the frozen blood in my body had suddenly caught fire and was flowing freely. All of this happened with one small touch to my lips. The anger inside me died and I let my fangs shrink to normal size.

Her lips pulled away from mine, leaving me with a cold lonely feeling. But I could still feel her underneath me. Her chest rising and falling against my torso. “I want to get to know you Kuroe.” She said with a faint grin. I furrowed my brow, Kain was howling and panting while Kaden was telling me to kiss her again. She was right, I was clueless.

“Why did you..?” I asked her confusedly.

She smiled and reached up to caress my ear. “You mean kiss you?”

I nodded limply. Belle grinned, “To make you forget about biting me.”

For the first time, probably ever, I let out a laugh. The feeling I got from laughing, made my dead heart swell with content. “Thank you.” I said.

She smiled in confusion, “For what?”

“For making me laugh.”

Chapter Three
The Past and Present

A million things were going through my head as I watched Belle sleeping in the center of my bed. Her red hair was as messy as ever. Draping over her shoulders and back, flung atop the pillow slip, and scattered across her forehead. She still managed to look beautiful in her own way. I rocked my feet against the ground, causing the rocking chair I was siting in to sway forward and back. Thoughts of our conversation before it hit dusk filled my mind...

“So, Kuroe.. Tell me about your life.” Belle said with a soft interested smile.

There was silence for a long time. I was trying to figure out weather or not I should tell Belle my history. She didn't look as if she would use any of my information against me. Kaden had pushed me to tell her in exchange for her past. “I wont tell you about myself unless you tell me about yourself.”

Belle considered this for a long time before nodding with a smile, “That's a reasonable bargain.” She stated. I stuck out my hand, and she took it. We shook each other's hand while saying, “Deal.”

So Belle began telling me about her life. “I was born in Washington state. On February 14, 1988. My mother died after she had me, she was only fifteen. But she never considered getting an abortion to get rid of me. She wouldn't even let anyone tell her that's what she should do. I don't know who my real father is. Nobody does.. My mom's twin sister Eve adopted me after Isabelle, my mother, died. I'm named after my mom. Her husband was a painter and he lived a long way away from us. So he could have someplace to runaway and act as if he didn't have a dysfunctional family. I had to other siblings. Ian, my brother, he was the same age as me. And Cambria, my sister who was nine. Well they weren't really my siblings.. but you get my point.

“Anyways, lots of things happened in my childhood. My grandfather past away and we found his will. Everyone was confused when we read it. I was only 10 at the time. Under my name it said, Dearest Belle, I leave to you Ren. Ian, Cambria and I were determined to figure out what, or who, Ren was. Eve just hid in her room and sulked. Ben, Eve's husband, stuck around and pretended to be a father figure. When really all he did was talk on his phone to his clients. So we snuck out together. We walked all night, back to the grandpa's house. And that's where we were attacked by Ren. He was a young boy, my age, with long dark brown hair and these strange orange eyes. Not to mention he had horns like a rams and a long brown tail. When we explained to him we were trying to find Ren, he told us that Ren was him. He was my guardian.

“So we took him home with us, and he lived with us. It was amazing. I grew up having this demon werewolf around me always protecting me, even when he was in pain from his transformations. Each year when he grew older, he lost his memory for awhile. He forgot me, and everyone. So he would fight us off when we were trying to help him. I was sixteen when Ren asked me to marry me. I accepted, since I knew I was in love with him. I had been since I was 10. So I accepted his proposal. And we got married at the age of seventeen. I dropped out of high school when I found out I was pregnant. But I never had the baby, I had to get an abortion when Ben found out. He would either kill Ren, or kill the baby. Ren was going through his transformations again so he didn't know about my pregnancy. Finally his transformations got worse and he destroyed himself completely. He tore his body to shreds. But before he did that he slammed me against the walls of my bedroom repeatedly, and scratching me everywhere.

“At the beginning of this year I found out that I'm not really an ordinary girl.” She stopped her speech right there and looked at me with a fond smile. “I'm an angel.” She said. My brow knotted in confusion at her statement. “An angel?” I questioned.

She nodded her head and smiled softly, “Yes. My mother had been an angel, and she was supposed to tell me that I was an angel too. But she died before she had a chance. So my grandmother told me, and passed on this ring...” She held out her hand and showed me a silver ring with the initials, BMDA. “Belle Marie DeClore Angel.” She said when he noticed my confused expression. “If I twist it to the left, I get my wings, and if I twist it to the right I can fly.” Belle told me with a happy grin.

I reached over and turned the ring to the left. Nothing happened. She laughed and shook her head, “Only I can do that.” She then sat up and twisted the ring. Sprouting out of her back were two large white wings. A misty aura surrounded them, making them look as if they were glowing. Each feather along the frame of her wings looked as if it had never been dirty. She let them out by her sides, stretching them out at their full length. They probably reached 5 feet each. After letting them stretch and flex, she let the fold behind her back. “My grandmother told me that I was the guardian of a wounded soul. And that soul is... you.”

I blinked slowly as I watched her sleeping soundly. My mind had been sent reeling ever since she had told me about herself. I still hadn't told her about my past. She was too tired to listen, let along talk, anymore. So I let her rest. Since I needed no sleep, being what I am. My eyes trailed her frame under the sheets. Belle really was a beautiful specimen. Belle stirred in her sleep, one eye opening at a prolonged length. A drowsy simper touched her kissers as she caught my gaze. “Watching me sleep, were you?”

I pressed myself back against my seat, still peering at her through my blue eyes. “Yes.” I admitted to her. She yawned sleepily while she stretched out in a cat-like manner. I couldn’t help but notice the way her tank top hugged her curves while she moved with ease. Belle pushed back the sheets and flung her bare legs over the edge of the bed. Letting her small shapely feet touch the ground. She put all her weight on her feet and stood up. Running a hand through her messy hair she grinned over at me. “Let’s do something fun today.” She suggested. I creased my brow in bewilderment. Never before had I done something fun or amusing. Well to me something fun, was something very cruel and heartless to another person.

“Like what?” I asked her with peeking interest.

A wide smile spread across her face, showing off white teeth. “Like.. I don’t know. How bout we go to see a movie!” She said excitedly.

I frowned, “What’s a movie?” I asked her. Feeling quiet stupid for not knowing what a movie was. Being locked up for nearly my whole life I haven’t been able to talk to others about stuff like sports, movies, music, etc.

This seemed to amuse Belle. She quirked a eyebrow at me and then let out the craziest laugh I’ve ever heard. My ears flattened against my skull in embarrassment. My long ebony tail wrapped around my leg tightly. “Are you going to sit there and cackle like a hyena, or tell me what it is?” I snapped with irritation. She dabbed at her tearful eyes and then let out one last giggle.

“I’m sorry, I’ve just never had anyone ask me what a movie is!” She said with a soft chuckle.

I rolled my eyes at her words, making a hand gesture that was anything but friendly. She gasped then dove head first into another fit of laughter. I stared at her, completely dumbstruck. Is she going insane? “What’s the matter with you?” I asked her.
She had tears streaking down her cheeks, but didn’t seem to be in sadness at all. “I’m really sorry, Kuroe!” Belle gasped out with another hyena like laugh. She hunched over, looking as if she was having stomach problems. I stared at her cautiously, ready to run as fast as I could if she vomited. But she didn’t, she just staggered forward, clutching her belly as she convulsed. I continued to watch her closely. “Kuroe!” She shrieked, as she tripped over the box of photographs. Her arms were outstretched as she fell forward in slow motion. I thought quickly and leapt from my seating place. My arms wrapped around her middle as she was inches from the ground. Belle’s eyes were closed tightly as she clung to my torso. I placed her feet carefully on the ground, then let her go.

Belle however didn’t release my torso from her grasp. She continued to hug it close to her. I was at a loss again. Not having a clue what I should do. Belle looked up, her eyes glossed over with an emotion I couldn’t describe. She giggle and ran her fingers through my long hair. Watching the aqua colored strands fall from her fingertips. I was confused. So very confused. One minute she’s laughing like a hyena, the next she’s all over me. Girls are so weird..

She smiled crookedly, and then stood on her tip-toes, kissing me lightly. The same rush ran through me. How could one girl provide such pleasure? I drew her in closer to me. Loving the way her petite frame modeled into mine. I slide my hand up her back and rested it behind her neck, deepening our kiss. When I felt my fangs growing I pulled away quickly. Leaving us both breathless. (Me way more than her, since I have no breath.)

Belle blushed and looked away, coughing slightly, “Well, erm.. A movie is like a story put to movie pictures.” She told me. I was interested now.

“Really?” I asked, my ears perked with curiosity.

She nodded and simpered up at me. “Yes. So.. Do you want to go?”

I nodded enthusiastically, “Of course!” I said with excitement.

She laughed lightly and reached up to scratch my ear. Her wings were still tucked behind her shoulder blades. Their color had changed in a matter of seconds. For a snow white hue, to a deep enchanting gold. The air around the feathers turned to a shimmering yellow-gold tint. I studied them and cocked my head to the side, “Why are they like that?”

“They’re only like this when I’m deeply happy.”

Chapter Four
Boxes of Blood

“Well first off we need to get you some decent clothes.” Belle said with excitement as she yanked on her boots. I watched her tug on her coat, and then tie her long bouncy red hair back in a ponytail.

“Clothes? What’s wrong with the ones I have?” I questioned her, looking down at my torn black shirt and filthy baggy grey pants. She laughed and walked over to me, pulling at a hole in my shirt. “That, is what’s wrong.” I was still very confused.

Belle scratched her head and sighed, “You need new clothes. Ones that actually fit you, and that aren’t so.. Disgusting.” She said, her eyes were sparkling with laughter. I rolled my eyes and nodded, “Fine. But I get to pick.”

An hour later we were out the door. It was only a second after we exited the house that she pushed me against the wall and slipped something over my head. “What the hell?!” I growled and pulled away from her. I put my hands to my neck, and felt a collar. Spikes along the black leather. She then snapped on a chain leash, a smile on her lips as she did so. “I’m not going to let you run off, dog boy.”

I groaned in irritation. “I wouldn’t runaway.” I told her with anger.

She wagged a finger at me, “You can never be too safe.”

I curled my tassel along my back, my wolf ears twitching without me knowing it. Kain suddenly broke through my mind, “Holy fuck Kuroe! I’m dying here. When were you deciding to eat? Next year?!”

Kaden was getting angry as well, “Come on Kuroe, you’ve been given so many chances, why haven’t you taken them? Belle has the blood of an angel! That will fuel us for ages! BITE HER!”

I snarled and backed up, hitting the house, no doubt making a dent. “No! No! NO!” I snapped. Belle frowned and walked over to me slowly. She touched my shoulder, which was enough to set me off. A vicious roar left my lips. My fingernails growing to a point, they were thick and a disgusting yellow color. I grabbed her by the arms and turned my body so she was now against the wall. I could feel her warm blood on my hands and it was exhilarating. My feet were no longer that of a humans. They were bent at an odd angel, and larger than normal. They were that of a wolf’s. Kain and Kaden were working together. My vampiric fangs grew, they hung over my lower lip. Both dripping with putrid venom. The sour taste of venom filled my mouth. My blue eyes were now endlessly black. My ears were pressed back against my skull as I snarled. My tail bushy and crooked. The hair on my head was standing on end.

Belle was crying in pain. Her body shaking with agony as my claws dug deeper into her flesh. “Kuroe, get a hold of yourself! Come on, it’s okay, tell me what you need!” She pleaded with me. Tears ran down her cheeks like miniature waterfalls. I was no longer myself. Kain and Kaden had taken over completely, pushing me away with full force. I was desperately trying to break free of the mental chains they had put on me. Belle was fumbling with her hands. Suddenly from behind her sprouted two long blazing red wings. Her green eyes were now yellow, like a candle’s flame. This startled Kain and Kaden, they stared at her, losing their grip on her arms. She flapped the red wings behind her back, again and again she did this. Their aurora surrounding them grew a deeper shade of red. Then she kicked off the ground, her wings beating the air hard. Her arms were around my torso. She flew fast and far. The wind cut at our skin as we accelerated higher into the sky. Taking off through clouds, drenching ourselves in water. Washing away the blood from her arms and clothes.

Then, just as quickly as we had taken off, she turned around and dove straight towards the ground. My dead heart plummeted to my stomach. Kaden and Kain fled back into my mind. My eyes changed back to blue. My hair flattened, my ear stayed against my skull, out of fear. My tassel tucked between my legs. My feet were normal, as well as my nails. My fangs had shrunk back to normal. The last of the venom evaporated to nothing. “BELLE!” I yelled. She was only a feet or two from the ground now. So she pulled back up, going high into the sky before dropping back down. We tumbled to the ground in a big heap.

Both of us were breathing hard. I didn’t need to even breath, but I couldn’t help it. Her wings were faded to a dim grey now. If my heart was alive, it would be racing. Her eyes were a dull green, but she still had that smile on her lips. “Belle?” I said, shaking her desperately. “Belle!” I yelled, shaking her more now. She blinked slowly, her hand moving shakily to her ring. I watched her carefully as she twisted it. Her wings disappeared instantly. The color in her eyes was slowly returning. “Just let me rest for a moment, Kuroe.” She said in a startlingly soft voice.

I sat beside her, watching over her like a hawk watched over their prey. Slowly she sat up, she looked as if nothing had happened. Her wounds had been healed and she was as lively as ever. I frowned, “I’m sorry Belle. I-I just lost control of them.” I said.

This startled her, “Them?”

Suddenly I noticed I hadn’t told her about Kain and Kaden. I had never told anyone about them. My mouth opened but nothing came out. Belle’s eyes narrowed, “Who is ‘them’, Kuroe?!”

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples with my index fingers. “Kain, he’s the wolf in me. And Kaden, the vampire in me.”

She blinked, and then leaned forward and hugged me. I didn’t move, I just sat there. Bewildered as to why she was hugging me. “I’m so sorry Kuroe.. That you have to deal with this.”

I didn’t know what to say, so I said nothing. She sighed and pulled away from me. A half smile on her face. “Why did you attack me?”

I frowned and shuffled my feet against the grass, “I...I’m hungry.”

Belle nodded, “I understand. Well, tell Kaden and Kain that I’ll feed them, but not with my own blood.” She said with a soft laugh.

“Bitch. She’s so selfish.” Kaden hissed. While Kain said, “She is a selfish bitch, isn’t she?”

I growled, “They think you’re a selfish bitch.”

She laughed and said, “Well excuse me for not wanting to be killed!”

They said nothing, just bickered about her. “Well then let’s go, I know where we can get you something to eat.” She said and stood up. I followed his actions. She grabbed hold of the leash still on my collar and smirked, “Like I said, you can never be too safe!” I shook my head, and let her walk me along. I had no clue where we were going, but I sensed a strong presence around us.

We walked through a field, mud soiling our shoes as we pressed our feet against the sodden ground. There were few houses around the area. But there was one, a farm house. Belle turned towards the long winding gravel road. Free roaming hens raced towards there henhouse at the sight of us. A large rooster peered at us with beady black eyes. Cows mooed and chewed their hay slowly from a pasture. A border collie barked and yipped as he chased a herd of sheep into their pasture. Pigs rolled in their muddy pens. Horses nayed and waved their large heads out their pens, watching us walk up the steps to the large red house. “Now let me do the talking.” Belle said just as we neared the door. She rapped on the wood and took a step back, waiting for someone to answer the door.
The door swung open, revealing a thin tan woman. Long black hair fell to her hips. Plump rosy lips curled into a smile, revealing perfect teeth. Her eyes were a stunning violet. “Belle!” She said, her voice was soft. The strangest thing about her though, was the long white tail swaying in a friendly manner behind her. Big fluffy white wolf ears perked forward in interest on her crania. My ears lifted and twitched. Who was this woman?

She looked at me, and her eyes widened. “Oh my god.” She gasped. She stepped out of her house and moved towards me. My ears pressed back slightly, my brows narrowed towards my eyes. “Belle, who is this?” She asked Belle, not taking her eyes off me. I was growing uneasy.

“Tiffany, this is Kuroe.” She said with a grin. Tiffany grinned and touched my ears with smooth hands. “They’re real..” She whispered. I pulled my head away from her reach and stared at her with hard blue eyes. Tiffany smiled softly, and then looked back over at Belle, “Why are you here Belle?”

Belle glanced over at me and then at Tiffany, “Well.. Kuroe is hungry. He’s part vampire, and part er.. Werewolf. So we came to you.”

Tiffany gasped, and then turned around, “I shall be right back, come in, come in!” She said loudly as she hurried inside her house. Belle smiled and tugged on my leash, I followed her into the house. Mostly everything in the livingroom was made from wood. There was wood flooring covering the ground. A thick red rug in the center of the room. On the rug was a large wooden coffee table. The legs were made from small tree stumps, the framing made from wood as well. Then there was a light pink tinted glass in the center. In the center of the table was a vase filled with red and white roses. A glass of water right beside it, along with varies magazines and books. A telephone book was opened on the edge of the table. David Green 800-891-89011 Selling Hay! Was highlighted. A chocolate brown sofa was against the wall in front of the coffee table. Pillows and blankets were thrown all about it. A rocking chair was turned at a diagonal angel beside the sofa. On the other side of the sofa was a large bookshelf. Many different books lined the shelves, some were even on top of other books. One book that caught my eye was How To Spot A Werewolf. I didn’t have a chance to snatch it though. Since Belle forced me to sit down on the sofa beside her.

My ear twitched, and I growled, I was about to reach up at scratch it, but Belle was already doing so. I closed my eyes and leaned into her hand, my leg pumping with pleasure without me knowing it. She laughed and put and hand on my knee. “Don’t get too into it buddy.” She said with a grin. I looked at her and blinked. Not having a clue about what she was talking about.

Tiffany strode into the room at that moment. Her face was hidden behind three big brown boxes. She set them down on what little space there was on the coffee table. I peered curiously at them. Wondering what they concealed. “I hope you brought enough money, Belle!” Tiffany said, as she began unpacking the top box.

I watched as Tiffany took out a sack of blood. My eyes widened, involuntarily I licked my lips. Belle laughed, “Of course I do, Tiff.” She said with a grin. I was wondering how Belle know Tiffany. They acted as if they’ve known each other for a long time.. But she had told me she had just moved here. “How much do you need?” Tiffany asked Belle, as she continued to unpack the box.

Belle glanced at me and studied my shape. “I’d say... Mhm about 180 for now.” She replied. Then she turned her gaze back to Tiffany. Tiffany nodded and began counting quietly. “Hah, what a coincidence, 180 right here!”

Belle laughed and then reached into her coat pocket. Pulling out a snake skin wallet. “So would that be.. About 500?” She asked. Tiffany nodded while she dumped the sacks of blood and chunks of meat into a black box. She taped it up and then held out her hand. Belle had just finished counting up 500 dollars, she then placed the money in Tiffany’s hand, and stood up. I followed suit. Belle took the box from Tiffany and put it under her arm. She gave Tiffany a quick hug then we said our good-byes.

When we were out of earshot of Tiffany, I asked Belle, “How do you know Tiffany?”

Belle smiled, “Through my grandmother. I knew she was a werewolf. And I’ve dealt with getting werewolves food before.” She said as we walked through that sodden field again. I nodded and smiled softly, “Thank you.”

She laughed, “Well I can’t have you trying to eat me again, now can I?”

I laughed along with her, it felt good to laugh. “How can you do that?” I asked her looking over at her fondly.

“Do what?” Belle asked me with a puzzled expression.

“How can you make me laugh like that?”

“It’s a gift.” She told me with a grin. I shook my head and looked ahead. We were back in front of the house.

Chapter Five
Transformations

She handed me the box. “One sack of blood, and one chunk of meat for now.”

I nodded and took the tape off the box. I dug into the box and pulled out a sack of rich crimson blood. Then a large chunk of meat. She took the box from me and dropped my leash. “Knock yourself out.” She said and moved aside.

I glanced at her, “You wont be afraid?”

She shook her head and smiled, “Not a bit.”

I believed her. If she wasn’t afraid when I had attacked her, why would she be afraid just seeing me eat?

Kain and Kaden were only really active when they were hungry. If they weren’t they were perfectly fine, content. If Kaden was feeding, then Kain would politely wait his turn, but not quietly. Or visa versa. Kaden was first today.

“Relax Kuroe. Let me take over, I promise I wont hurt your little friend.” Kaden said.

I nodded, “If you do hurt her.. I will destroy myself. I promise.” I replied bitterly.

He laughed, and then pushed me in the back, locking me under the mental chains again. My body shook, all over as the strange transformation took place. Agony filled my veins as Kaden pushed the werewolf in me under chains as well. My ears had vanished, as well as my tail. Anything wolfish about me had disappeared. My eyes were now a deep crimson color. My hair was jet black, and fit my pronounced features perfectly. My body was trimmed and fit. The skin that covered my frame was cold as ice, and hard as stone.
Kaden shook, and then cracked his fingers. “Ahh. It feels wondrous to finally be free.” He said in a deep silky voice. He turned around and looked at Belle. “Such a shame Kuroe doesn’t know how to seduce you. You have a beautiful frame, too bad he can’t put it to good use.” Kaden said with a vile smirk. Belle studied Kaden, she smiled, “You must be Kaden.”

Kaden stood in front of her, holding out his hand for her. Belle took it. He bowed and pressed his cold lips to her skin. “It is a pleasure to meet such a fine specimen, Belle DeClore I presume?”

Belle nodded her head, and then took her hand from his, putting it in her pocket. “Yes, but I don’t wish to speak to you. Your only free so you can quench your thirst.”

Kaden straightened up and dipped his head in affirmation . “Quite right m’lady.” He took a step back and noticed the sack of blood on the ground. “I have to drink from a bag?” He scoffed, and picked up the bag. Watching with hunger as the blood slowly dripped to the sides that hung over his hand. “How very cruel.” Kaden said. His lips curled into a smile. A wicked smile it was. He tossed the bag over his shoulder and began to stride off. “I prefer fresh blood.”

Belle began to panic. She was about to chase after him, but he spend off. His image was a blur as he took off through the forestry. “Damnit!” She yelled. Sprouting her long white wings, with a twist of the wing, she then twisted it to the other side and skyrocketed into the air. Her wings slew the air as she wove between the trees. Searching for Kaden. “Where are you Kaden...”

She found her answer quickly. Just below her was Kaden. Her long black hair swishing around his waist. “Kaden!” She yelled as she dive-bombed downward. He glanced up at her and moved out of her way. She landed on her feet and ruffled her feathers. “It’s not nice to interrupt my meal.” He said with narrowed eyes. Belle clenched her jaws together.

Kaden turned his attention away from her and back towards his prey. A large grizzly bear. She was wounded. Her massive paw had been caught in a steel trap. “I’ll put you out of your misery.” He hissed, venom filling his mouth. It seeped over his lips as he sped at the bear. She let out a massive roar of pain when Kaden pounced on her. His strength breaking her shoulder blades with ease. He smacked his hands on either side of head, and twisted it to the side, snapping her neck. He then let out an outcry like a lion. Kaden’s jaws opened at an in-human way, baring all his sharp incisors. The putrid venom sprayed everywhere as he snarled savagely. His jowls snapped around the bear’s brawny neck. He worked his jaws, helping usher out the thick blood. The vital fluid filled his mouth. He sucked every ounce of the bear’s blood out of her veins. Making the bear shrivel like a raison.

When Kaden had finished his meal he leapt off the bear’s back and back on the ground. Belle just stood there staring at him with a disgusted look. Kaden whipped off the blood that covered his mouth and neck. He smiled wickedly at Belle, showing off bloodstained teeth. She shook her head and said, “Your fun is over mister, let Kain out.” She said.
Kaden shrugged and walked over to Belle giving her a cold kiss on the cheek. “Thanks for letting me free for awhile, lovely.” He whispered, his breath smelt repulsive. Belle grimaced, and nodded, “Yeah, yeah.”

Kaden then stepped back and said, “Your turn Kain!” Kaden’s body began changing. He crouched to the ground and let out cries of pain. Belle watched with teary eyes. She hated watching other’s endure pain. Kaden’s back bent out of shape, as well as everything else on him. Kain was breaking free. But he wouldn’t be in his werewolf form, it wasn’t a full moon yet. He would be a wolf. Fur covered his entire body, his tail grew back as well as his ears. His face was no longer that of a human, it was a wolf’s. His deep blue eyes were back. The fur on his muscular bodice was jet black. His chest and underbelly was a the same color of my hair, blue.

Kain shook his pelt and pushed off my clothing and then stretched out. Belle bent down and snapped her fingers. Kain’s box like head turned in her direction. He cocked his head and slowly walked towards her. Belle smiled in an erratic way. She quickly snatched the leash that was hanging limply from his collar. Kain growled, but did nothing to harm her. “Gotcha!” She said with a laugh.

She reached into her pocket for the chunk of meat. She threw it a little ways away from herself and urged Kain to go after it. He look suspiciously at the meat, before going over to it. Kain’s black nose quivered as his sniffed the red meat. Then his light pink tongue ran across the fatty food. Noticing nothing strange about it, he took a bite out of it. Tearing at the meat with his teeth and shredding it with his claws. Once he had gobbled down the meat he laid down on his stomach. His head resting on his paws. Belle leaned over and scratched behind his ears making him make sounds of approval. She laughed and ran her fingers through his oddly smooth fur.

“Can Kuroe come out now?” She asked him quietly. Kain looked up with big puppy-dog eyes. He whined and whined. Belle kept her stern look and then said, “Well?” Kain snorted and stood up. He licked her palm before his transformations began again. Belle dropped the leash and gave him space.

Kain’s back began to straighten. His legs turning back to normal human arms and legs. Then his head began to form back into the mold of a human’s. My facial feature’s returned. My wolf ears remained, as well as the tail. The fur disappeared from my skin, and my pale skintone took it’s place. My hair on my scalp returned to it’s normal blue color, and swished around my waist like normal.

The thing that was completely different from normal was that.. Well.. I was naked. Belle’s eyes widened and her face turned bright red. She resembled a tomato greatly. I raised a brow and started walking towards her, “Are you alright Belle? You look flushed. Do you have a fever?” I asked her, completely clueless as to why she was flushed.

She struggled for words, her face getting redder with every second. I grabbed hold of her arms and hugged her. And that’s when I noticed what was wrong. I quickly jumped back and looked down. “Shit!” Then I scrambled for my clothes. Hurriedly pulling them on. “Belle, I’m sorry!” I said and hugged her, this time with clothes on.

She nodded and gulped. “Let’s go get you some clothes..” She said.

It took us about an hour to get to the mall. Belle had warned me that people might try to harm me, and that I must contain myself as we are in public and police are around. We entered the mall and Belle led me to the men’s clothing area. “Hmm.. Now remember what I told you.” She said and led me inside a store. I nodded.

“Okay, go try on all these and tell me what fits.” She said, handing me a bunch of t-shirts. I took them and blinked at her. She smiled, “You need help don’t you?” She asked. I nodded.

Belle went and told a shop assistant our dilemma. He laughed about it, but let us go ahead. We went inside a dressing booth. She tugged off my shirt and handed me a size small. I could only get my head through. Belle laughed and then gave me a medium. I took it and examined myself in the mirror. It startled me at first. Seeing my reflection. I must really look strange to people. The medium sized shirt fit snugly around my torso. Belle whistled and patted my back, “Medium it is.” She said.

Then she handed me a pair of torn jeans. I furrowed my brow, “Why do you buy pants with holes in them, when you don’t want to have them have holes in them in the first place?” Belle smiled at me and replied, “Because some people like pants like this for style.” I did not understand that completely, but I nodded none the less.

She turned her back to me, as I pulled off my pants and tried to slip into the jeans. I growled in irritation when they wouldn’t come off. “Belle..” I whined. She turned around and blushed. I watched as she slipped her fingers along the waistband and tugged them down. Keeping her eyes shut tightly as she did so. I did not ask her why though. I then put on the next pair. They fit me perfectly.

So I took them back off and slipped into my regular clothes. We exited the dressing room and went on a hunt for more clothes. Eighteen shirts, and eighteen pants. All of them had a punk-like style. We left that store with bags hanging off our arms. We went to the next store. “Suits.” She said with a smile. I nodded, and followed her inside.

We bought four suits. Along with two dress shoes. Then we went to store with underwear, and pajamas. Belle was flushed when she went inside. She grabbed handfuls of boxers with different designs on them. She would shove them in my arms and hurry along. I followed her silently as she threw boxers, socks, and a few pairs of pajamas in my arms. We left with many things.

On to a footwear shop we went. I tried on millions of shoes. And we finally left with four pairs. Belle had been muttering “Costs.. So.. Much..” The whole time.

“Don’t you want something for yourself?” I asked her.

She shook her head. “I have too much stuff for myself.”

I frowned and pulled her to her feet. “I want you to get a dress.”

She looked stunned but then grinned, “Well.. If you insist.”

So we headed, bags and all, to a boutique selling dresses. Belle looked extremely happy as she browsed through the dresses. I too helped her browse. “If you see something you like, tell me.” She said as she studied a light blue dress. “Indeed.”

I kept trying to picture Belle in one of the dresses that I looked at. But I couldn’t see her in anything frilly, sparkly, or pink. Frustration was boiling in me. I kept my cool however. That’s when I found the perfect dress for her. It was a dark emerald green dress. It was short and had off the shoulder long sleeves. It was cut long to the waist, black lace covering what the cut did not. Light green swirls and other designs wove up to the left side of the cut. I took it away from the rack and studied it. Now this, this I could picture Belle in.

Belle looked over at me and gasped. “Oh sweet mother of God.” She raced over, bags rustling noisily as she did so. She took the dress from me and studied it with fond eyes. “I love it.” I beamed proudly and ushered her to the dressing room. I waited impatiently outside the door. “Hurry up.” I whined. She laughed, “Hold you horses Kuroe!”

She pushed open the door and stepped out to show me. Her black knee-high boots matched the dress perfectly. The dress hugged ever curve in a delicious way. She looked absolutely edible. I smiled unconsciously as I check her out. “Well?”

I nodded enthusiastically, “I love it.”

She beamed, her smile could light up all of Broadway. “So do I.”

Then she hurried back into the dressing room and changed into her clothes. She bought the dress and then we headed back home.

Chapter Six
The Big Bad Vampire

It took us an extremely long time getting home. I never thought going shopping would be so exhausting. Especially to a creature that could no longer sleep. But it was. Right when we pushed open the front door to the house we were now going to be living in together we threw the bags everywhere. Then collapsed on the floor, clothes and shoes toppling all over us. Belle then excused herself to go to the restroom. I watched her leave. It was quiet amusing. She hopped to the bathroom squealing and muttering curses.

“Kuroe!” She hollered from the bathroom. I perked my ears and answered her with a, “What?”

“Get your fluffy butt in here!” She said, breaking into a giggle fit.

I was skeptical at first. But decided it was best to obey her than just ignore her request. So I pushed myself to my feet and wandered down the bare hallway to the pale green bathroom. She was sitting on the floor and her sleeves rolled up past her elbows, and her pant legs rolled up past her knees. “Your getting a bath mister.”

My eyes widened and I took a step back. The last time I had a bath was... 10 years ago. I was seven. Let’s just say the experience wasn’t one I wished to have stored in my memory. “W-What?”

“A bath.” She said simply and smiled, “It wouldn’t hurt to wash off all that grime.”

My ears flew back against my skull defensively. “What grime?” I snapped.

She snorted and reached over, grabbing my arm and tugging it to her. She studied it’s surface and then began pointing out various spots of dirt or blood. I frowned and pulled my arm away with a huff. “So what?” I growled.

Belle leaned back against the wall her green eyes closed, “If you want to go out ever again, you’ll get in this bathtub right now.” She said, and opened one eye, “Or I’ll have to make sure you get in there by... force.”

I gulped and then took off down the hall. It wasn’t long before she was behind me. Her long white wings brushing the walls as she zipped after me. “I wont give up Kuroe!” She yelled with laughter as she chased me upstairs. I growled, and tried harder to gain speed. But it was no use. Belle was much faster in the air than I was on foot.

Only a few seconds later was she up above me. Her wings now a dark red. I assumed they were only like that when she was running out of energy. But oh I was wrong. Her green eyes flashed quickly to a deep yellow. She slipped her arms under mine, and made it so I could not escape. I yelled and snarled. Kicking my legs furiously. Knocking over various objects that were in my way. Belle paid little attention to this. She just kept flapping her wings.

Belle whirled around, making my knees graze the corridor wall. I grimaced, and then a brilliant idea came to my mind. As she flew down the stairs at an amazing speed, I tried to capture one of her wings with my tail. When we were headed towards the bathroom, I finally gripped her wing and tugged. She yelled a profanity, and then twirled in the air, her wings tried to beat, but it was harder for her now. I hollered in success, but I should have been hollering in defeat.

Belle didn’t stop, she continued to flap her wings. And when we were above the bath, she stopped flapping all together. “BELLLEEEE!” I shouted as we fell into the bathtub which was already filled to the brim with warm water. I gasped and broke free off her grasp. “Your evil, evil, evil.” I hissed, and crossed my arms over my chest. Staring at her with narrowed eyes. She smiled and twisted her ring, her wings vanishing. “I told you I’d do it by force.”

I scoffed, and wriggled under my clothing. They were sticking to my skin and it was very annoying. Belle stood up, her clothing too were sticking to her body. I examined her with interest. She was beautiful even soaking wet.. Enough of that Kuroe! Belle grinned, “Well take off those foul clothes, and put this over..your...manhood.”

My ears raised in alarm. “What?” I snapped. She raised a brow, “Did you think you were going to take a bath with your clothes on?”

I growled and nodded stiffly. She laughed as she stepped out of the bath. “Put this towel over your you-know-what.” She said and threw a deep green towel at me. I caught it and blinked. Belle left the room, leaving me to strip and tie the towel around my lower half. When she came back, she had clothes in her arms. But she was still in her soaking wet clothing. She set down on the counter a pair of boxers, and pajamas.

Belle then came over to the side of the bathtub and sat down on her legs. “Hand me the soap and that sponge.” She told me a slight blush on her cheeks.

I did as I was told. She dipped the sponge in the water and then lathered the soap into the sponge. I watched her do this with narrowed eyes. She then grabbed my arms and began scrubbing. I growled and closed my eyes, to angry to watch. Belle giggled and continued to scrub my skin clean. From head to toe.

Then she set down the sponge and soap. Reaching for a cup. I opened my eyes and watched her. She grinned mischievously at me. “Prepare yourself.. Kuroe Dhein.” She whispered. I stared at her, dumbfounded. She dunked the cup under the water, and then brought it back up. It was now filled to the top with the bath water. I still hadn’t a clue as to what she was doing. She laughed as she splashed all the water on me. Soaking my ears, face, chest, and hair in water. I stuck out my bottom lip and glared at her. Making her fall into a laughing spasm.

She washed my hair, and the rest of my filthy self. We talked about random things. Like food and places we'd want to visit someday. I found out more and more about Belle, and that the two of us had more in common than I ever thought possible. Belle told me to get dressed and then come into the living room when I was finished. I agreed, and did as I was told.

I emerged from the bathroom with my hair in a ratty mess and my clothes on inside-out and backwards. Belle's face turned into a twisted strange angel. I became alarmed and darted over to her in a nanosecond. “Belle?” She then burst out laughing. Tears sputtering from her eyes as she cackled, once again, like a hyena. Confusion and frustration filled my stale blood. “Belle!” I snarled.

She whipped her eyes and then came back over to me. “Oh Kuroe.. I'm sorry. But - hehe - you just look so funny! First off, your clothes aren't on right. And your hair..” She trailed off as she combed her fingers through my hair. “..Is a mess.”

I frowned at her and fell backwards, falling to the floor with a crash. Her emerald eyes widened, “Kuroe!” She cried as she raced over to me. Crouching beside my side and touching my chest which was completely still. “Kuroe..?” She whispered and tugged on the sleeve of my shirt. I groaned and rolled onto my side, burying my face in my tail that was between my legs and coiled against my chest. Belle let out an angry, yet relieved, sound and hit my shoulder; hard. “Don't do anything like that ever again, Kuroe!” She snapped.

I shrugged my shoulders and sneezed as the long strands of fur tickled my nose. “I'm never going to get used to being this way. I'm still not free. I want to leave this goddamn town and go somewhere I can breath. Somewhere I can be me..” I said into my tail.

She smiled and rubbed my back in a soothing way. “Then let's go.”

I rolled over and sat up. My tail now behind me moving as fast as a helicopter's propellers. “What?” I asked her with growing anticipation. She grinned, “Then let's leave this goddamn town!”

My eyes bulged and then I shot forward. Faster than any human or animal could ever dream of moving. I had clung onto Belle. Shaking her everywhere with excitement as I talked about a mile a minute about how much I'd dreamed of leaving. She was laughing and telling me to calm down. But how could I calm down? I was leaving this town! I was going to be far from this hell hole!

I finally let her go, my whole body shaking with anticipation. “We're leaving? We're really leaving, Kuroe?”Kain asked with an excited laugh. “Hear that Kaden? We're leaving this filthy town!”Kaden laughed and I could tell the two of them were celebrating.

While we were shoving things in boxes, Belle laughed and said, “I guess we'll have to put off the movie for a little bit.” I smiled lightly and nodded my head. “That's fine. It can wait.” Belle cursed and stood up abruptly. I watched her, packing up random things that I liked into boxes. “I'll be right back. I need to go get my car.” She said. “Ok.”

I used my speed to pack up the rest of the stuff that we were taking with us. I was finished within 30 seconds. Then I waited for the annoying sound of an engine roaring in the driveway. Fifteen minutes passed. I frowned and rose from my sitting position. Wandering over to the door, I placed my hand on the knob. Turning the knob I pulled open the door. Peering outside cautiously. It looked pretty normal outside. Children across the street were jumping through a sprinkler while laughing and screaming. Animals were immune to the humans watching them with awe. Furrowing my brow, I stepped onto the hot pavement. I cringed a little at the sting it caused in my feet, but otherwise I was fine.

“Belle!” I called out. Nobody around me even looked my way. What had happened? Then I smelt it. That revolting stench of fresh blood. But to me, it smelt sweet like honey. Whirling around, I came face to face with a devil, not literally, but in my eyes he was. “Hello Kuroe.” He said in a calm and sickeningly steady voice. My fangs were drooling with venom.

“Where's Belle?” I snapped. The male cocked his perfectly carved face to the side. Looking at me with sharp deadly crimson eyes. His thin lip turned up into a smile that made my stomach churn. “You mean that gorgeous redhead of yours?” I hissed through gritted teeth and took a threatening step forward. “She's perfectly safe.” He told me as he studied my posture. “And she'll stay that way as long as you give me your blood.”

My dead heart shattered, and fell to the ground in a million tiny pieces. “Give you my blood?” I asked him, making sure not to show him my fear. He nodded his head and smiled. “Yes. You let me drain every ounce of your life. Then I'll let that bitch go.” I snarled and took another step forward, “And if I don't let you take my blood?”

“Then the female while will be my breakfast lunch and dinner.” He said with a deep rolling laugh. I think I paled at his words. “Alright.” I said with closed eyes. Trying to drain out Kain and Kaden's furious hollers. “Splendid.” The male cackled, he grabbed hold of my collar and began leading me into the forestry.

Within 10 minutes we were inside a large brick house. The walls were splattered with blood. Woman were sobbing and shaking in cages all around the room. My eyes were desperately searching for Belle's bright green eyes. “KUROE!” The familiar cry caught my attention. My head whipped around and I locked eyes with Belle. Bruises and cuts covered her petite body. Her feet were chained to the floor, and her arms chained to the wall behind her. Both of her wings were strapped down by heavy steal. Not to mention, she was completely naked.

Chapter Seven
Fighting The Pain

“Belle..” I said, and felt a pang in my chest. I glanced down, my hand had unconsciously flew to the place where I felt the pain. The place where my heart should be. I glanced over at Belle and the pain came yet again. What was this? Why was I feeling this way? Confusion dawned on me. Then I glanced across the room. “She's gorgeous isn't she?” The man asked me. I didn't say anything, just glared at him. He strode over to me, and grabbed hold of my neck, squeezing down hard on either side. I gasped and whined. “Isn't she?” He prodded. I nodded and let my gaze flicker over to Belle. She had tears streaming down her face now. “Yes.” I said in a strangled reply.

The man let go. “Let me properly introduce myself.” He said, and took a step back. I watched him with a vicious gleam in my blue eyes. He bowed his head and smiled, “I am Deavon Marcello.” My fangs were tearing at my lips, drawing blood that quickly vanished.

Deavon came over to me. His broad shoulders were set, he smiled at me. I did nothing but stare right back at him. “Why are you letting me take your life when you could go free?” He asked me curiously.

Belle let out a gasp, “Kuroe no. Please don't please Kuroe.” She begged.

“Answer me, wolf!” He snapped. I closed my eyes and shook my head lightly. “No.”

I didn't even have a chance to open my eyes. I was rammed against a wall. My head throbbing with pain. His strength was bone breaking. But I held up against it. My eyes were now wide open. “Answer me.” He spat in my face. I snarled, “I love her!”

This startled me. I didn't have a clue what made me saw that. I had only known her for three days. What was I saying? “Did you make me say that?” I asked Kain and Kaden. They both said no. I glanced over at Belle who was shaking and crying harder. I didn't like seeing her cry.

“So you love her then?” Deavon asked me with a smirk. I nodded stiffly. Deavon laughed loudly and let go of me. I fell to the floor. My whole body quivering with pain. “Ha! So the beast has finally found love. Too bad it has to end like this.” I looked up at him and tried to get up. But Deavon stepped on my leg, I yowled in pain. “Don't waste your energy doing pointless things.”

I stayed on the ground and watched him helplessly. Deavon walked over to Belle. My body jerked forward and I watched him intensely. “So if I were to do something like this...” Deavon trailed off as he leaned forward and placed his lips to Belle's throat. I snarled loudly and leaped to my feet. My body was in a full fledged fighting position. He laughed and turned to me. “So you want to fight, yeah?”

I let out a snarl and charged forward. When our two bodies collided it was like two massive boulders smashing together. The sound our rock hard skin made when we clashed was similar to that of a clap of thunder. My body was shaking with the vibrations of my transformation. Kain's features were reveling themselves. My feet were bent forward into the crook of a wolf's paw. My shoes were no longer needed. Sickeningly yellow claws grew to preposterous lengths. The tail was now longer and thicker, bristling with my wrath. My ears pressed back as I snarled like a vicious wolf. The blue hair on my skull was standing on end with anger.

Meanwhile Kaden was breaking through. My skin was hardening, making it almost impossible for anything to hurt me. My fangs were longer than they've ever been. Reaching down to my chin. I probably looked like a saber-tooth creature. My eyes were pitch black. The more I snarled, the more venom was released from my glands. Blood lust rolled in the pit of my stomach, fueling me.

Deavon grinned as if there was something hilarious about all of this. Then shooting from behind his shoulder blades came two 10 feet jet black wings. Their surface was scaly, and rough. Claws on the end of their bones. I took a step back. Alarmed by the vampire's sudden change of appearance. I looked like a flea compared to him. But I quickly regained my state of mind.

He laughed at my surprised expression. “What's the matter Kuroe? Never seen a vampire with such stunning wings as these?” Then he laughed again. I snarled and used my alarming speed to advance on him. Deavon let out a hiss, and smacked his huge wing into my side, knocking me to the ground. I whined and grimaced, then I rolled to my feet and charged for Deavon yet again. My claws dug into his bone hard skin and I kicked my feet off the ground, and ran up his chest. My claws shredding his chest. He used his wings to fly up into the air. His wings hitting the cages that hung around the room. His fangs were bared as he tried to bite me. But I used my speed to dodge his attacks. I then opened my jaws and lunged forward at an amazing speed. My teeth clamping down into his neck. He let out a yowl of pain. It was hard to keep up with him. His wings beating the air as he turned around and tried to withdraw my fangs from his flesh. I was sucking the cold blood from his veins. My energy booming now.

Deavon let out a howl of pain and rage. Then he charged towards a wall. My back to the wall. I let out yowl as my back hit the wall, he continued to fly straight ahead. The brick wall crumbling to pieces from behind me. Dust fogged our vision. Women screamed from their steel cages. Begging to be set free. Deavon then freed his neck from my agonizing grip. Letting his own fangs dig into my shoulder. I let out a scream and kicked my feet, hitting his stomach. It didn't seem to unsettle him. He just sucked away my pulsing blood. Making me convulse and holler out in pain.

Then through the battle there was a loud bang. My black eyes shot open when I felt his teeth retract from my two wounds. I looked down and saw the wounds were already closing themselves. Deavon whirled off me, his eyes searching violently through the mist of dust. Through the cloud of filth the silhouettes of two people could be seen. Deavon let out an angered snarl, “Who's there?!”

Then there was another bang, and speeding through the air came a huge silver bullet. My eyes widened and I took off running. But I was lagging, as half my energy was drained from my body. Looking back I saw the bullet collied with Deavon's chest. It happened so fast. His body fell backwards, slamming into a sharp piece of wood. Which went straight through his back and appeared through his chest. The silver bullet had hit him where his heart was. Or once where it once was. Blood sputtered from his mouth, oozing from the wounds in his chest. His wings slowly fading into ashes. Along with the rest of his body. But before he disappeared a thin woman strode over to him. Black hair falling in front of her Asian like face. Her golden eyes smoldering with pride as she leaned over, close to the fading vampire's face. “The name's Kendell, remember it bitch.” Then the last of Deavon Marcello faded into ashes.

Kendell's back straightened, her skin shielded by a scarlet knee length dress. Long tight black pumps covered her calves. Adding to her height. A black cloak was pulled tightly over her frame. She peered over at me with a grin. “Nice to meet your acquaintance, Kuroe Dhein.” She said, her voice calm and soft. I stared at her, confusedly. “Who are you..?”

“I am Kendell McCartel. A vampire hunter.” She said, studying my face.

I snarled, “So you've come to kill me as well then?”

Kendell smiled softly, “Nope. The chick back there told us there was only one of you to be killed her today.”

“...Belle?” I asked, slowly getting up from the ground. My body aching with each move I made.

“Yeah, I think that's what she said. My buddy Anthony had a feeling something was going on over here. Then we heard something crash in here, so we came to check it out. Your lucky we had our equipment with us. You'd probably be dead if it weren't for us.” She said with a smug look. I snarled at her, but the look didn't disappear.

I walked right on passed her. Leaping over fallen objects and stones. The whole time I was thinking about Belle. Hoping she was safe, and wishing that she had clothes on magically when I got to her. But when I pushed my way through the rubble, she was still hanging on the wall. Naked, like before. I ran over to her, trying not to stare. “Belle!”

She frowned and wriggled under the chains. “Get me out of these.” She pleaded.
I nodded and leaped onto the podium, smashing away the chains that bound her. She then fell into my arms. I held her trembling body close to me. My eyes closed as I listened to her heart beat. “Are you okay?” We asked each other at the same time. I laughed softly, and nodded. She nodded as well.

From behind us there was clapping. I turned my head and saw a bulky man with spiky blond hair smirking at as he clapped his gloved hands together. Dark brown eyes filled with laughter as he watched us. “Such a happy reunion. Too bad you two will never truly be happy.” He said. I growled, setting Belle on the ground. I walked over to him and grabbed his arm. He looked perfectly fine. “Who are you?” I demanded.

“Didn't Kennie tell you? I'm Anthony, expertise on hunting down beasts like you.” He said and shoved my hand off him. I snapped my jaws in his face and growled low in my throat. Then I shoved him backwards and turned around.

I picked Belle up in my arms and then fled the house. Belle cried the whole time I ran home. Thoughts of Kendell and Anthony filled my mind. Were they a threat to me? To Belle? Or were they our allies..? I hated not knowing what was going on. Belle directed me to her home. When we got there I was shocked by it's looks. Blood covers the floor, floorboards were torn from their places on the floor. While tables and other things were turned over or smashed to bits. Deavon had done all this, just to get me. But how did he know I would come after Belle? Why did I come after her in the first place?
Deavon came over to me. His broad shoulders were set, he smiled at me. I did nothing but stare right back at him. “Why are you letting me take your life when you could go free?” He asked me curiously.

Belle let out a gasp, “Kuroe no. Please don't please Kuroe.” She begged.

Answer me, wolf!” He snapped. I closed my eyes and shook my head lightly. “No.”

I didn't even have a chance to open my eyes. I was rammed against a wall. My head throbbing with pain. His strength was bone breaking. But I held up against it. My eyes were now wide open. “Answer me.” He spat in my face. I snarled, “I love her!”

Was it because I loved her? No that was impossible! How could I love another person? I had no heart. How can someone with no heart love someone? It was impossible.. Impossible. “Kuroe?” Belle said softly. I was shaken from my thoughts. I looked down at her and she smiled, “You can put me down now.” She said. I set her on her feet and let her go into her house. I waited outside. Listening and watching everything around me intently. She reappeared fully clothed, and with car keys.

We got into the vehicle and then headed back to my house. When we arrived we packed up our boxes and then turned down the road. I watched as buildings and trees flashed by in a blur. Excitement running in my veins as I saw the large blue sign getting closer and closer. My dead heart thudded in my chest as we passed the sign. “Now leaving Forks.” I whispered under my breath. Belle glanced over at me and grinned. “Leaving it for good.”

Chapter Eight
Trapped In A Car

We've been on the road for six hours. Listening to the radio crackle as we drove further into the mountain terrain. But when we finally got good reception, Belle would start singing along to the songs that played. While I watched her. Wondering how exactly she could go through a horrible event and then be perfectly fine when she was out of it. Maybe it was better that she wasn't crying, and trembling like she was before we hit the road.

Hey Kuroe.” Kain said, and as my reply I groaned. “Do you really trust this girl? I mean she shows up in town one day, knows basically all about you, and now she's taking us someone we don't even know of? For all we know she could be turning you in to.. a vampire hunter.”

I growled lightly, trying not to alarm Belle, “Kain, are you really that stupid? That Kendell person didn't kill me when she had the chance. She said that Belle said not to.” I closed my eyes, hoping that would be the end of this conversation.

Kain let out a loud snarl, which made a headache arise in my head. “Are YOU that stupid Kain?! It could be a set up! She's trying to get on your good side, and then when she's got you acting like her pet, she'll betray you and kill you!”

Could that be true? Was Belle really just doing this because she wants to find a way to kill me? “That won't happen Kain. Belle isn't like that.” I said, determined not to let Kain's words get to me.

Oh, so you've known her for a little bit, and you already know everything about her? Kuroe, you don't know anything about this girl! I'm not trying to hurt you, pal, just trying to keep you safe. After all, I'm part of you. And if you aren't safe, then neither am I.” He said with a laugh. Then his voice drowned from my head.

I pressed my back against the seat and glowered out the window. Belle was unaware of anything besides the music and the road. “He's right, Kuroe, and you know that.. Who are you going to trust? Us or the girl? We've been with you since birth, and she's been with you for only a few days. Just keep on guard.” Kaden vocalized. I snarled and shook my head, shaking his voice away. I was startled when Belle's warm hand slipped into mine. I glanced at her. She was looking back and forth, from me to the road. “Are you alright?”

I nodded stiffly and turned away from her. She didn't drop my hand however. I pulled my hand away from hers quickly, and shoved it in my pocket. Belle frowned, but said nothing. “You know if there is something on your mind you can tell me.”

I looked at her with a black look, “Can I?” I snapped at her. She looked startled and slowed the speed the car was in. “What's your problem Kuroe? You were fine a minute ago.”

I threw my hands up and yelled out, “My problem? Oh I don't know Belle.. I'm a vampire, and a werewolf. I have two creatures yammering on in my head. I was almost killed today. Am I supposed to be peachy?”

Belle pulled over on the side of the road, making the car behind us honk loudly. “Kuroe, I know your life is shit. But what's with you all of a sudden? Why are you chewing me out?”
That was when Kain decided to voice my problems. His deep gravelly voice cutting through the tension in the air like a butcher knife. “You want to know his problems, angel?”

Belle took off her seatbelt and turned to face me. “Yes I would!”

A villainous smirk mounted my lips, “You.” He hissed.

“Me?” Belle asked with teary eyes. “Yes, deary, you. Kaden and I don't trust you. And he's having a hard time figuring out who to trust.” Then he forced my body to betray him, making my torso move towards her. My face only a foot from hers. “And if you have planed all of this. And are planning to kill our boy Kuroe, I must let you know something. You'll be dead before you have a chance to off us.”

Belle burst into tears. “You really think that I'd do that?! I'm trying to save him! You think I planned leaving my family behind to come after him? You think I planned on falling in love with him? You really think I planned all of this!? Let me tell you something, I'm not the type of person that does something and then throws it all away. And why would I do all of this for him, just to kill him? I'm not saying you should trust me. But please don't jump to those conclusions just because you've never had someone go through so much shit for you!”

Kain was stunned. He stared blankly at Belle. Then nodded his head, “Forgive me, but we can't be too careful. A lot of people we have trusted turned against us. You must understand where we stand.” Then he fled to the safety of my mind. I shuddered and pressed my back against the seat. My chest rising any falling heavily. Whenever they took over my body it took away a lot of my energy. Not to mention half my blood was gone.

Belle sighed, “Okay I get it. I'm sorry for flipping. But don't just walk around your problems and have one of your personalities come out and tell me your problems. I want to hear it from you.” She said softly. Then turned back around in her seat. Buckled herself up, and began to pull out on the road again.

Meanwhile..

“When will I get to kick some vampire ass?” Anthony whined as he tipped back the chair he was sitting at. His feet were up on the table, and his arms were resting behind his head. “I mean you always bitch about how you don't get enough time to relax. How come I can't fight and you sit back and watch?”

Kendell was eying the restaurant's menu with a reproachful look on her face. “That's disgusting! They have pork and broccoli soup? For Christ's sake..” She muttered, flipping the menu over to read through the meals.

Anthony made an annoyed noise, “Are you even listening to me?” He asked her with irritation. Running his fingers through his spiky hair. “No.” Kendell said, as she scoped the next set of meals.
Anthony glared at his partner then scratched his stomach. “I'm starving.”

Kendell rolled her eyes, “Didn't you have a burger ten minutes ago?”
Anthony belched and said, “Yeah, but it didn't fill me up. I'm a big guy you know.”

Kendell ignored Anthony again, and went on searching her menu. “I'll just have a fucking kid's meal.” She hissed and smacked down her menu. Taking a long swig of her coke. Swishing her straw around in the liquid with mild interest. “Now.. What were you saying?"

“I was asking why I can kick the vampire's asses.”

Kendell smiled and sat back in her chair, “First off, you can't shoot a gun even if you life depended on it. And, oh yeah, you sprayed holy water all over me instead of the vampire. Which made us loose the stupid thing. Plus, Rosalie told me to keep you in training a little longer.”

Anthony kicked his feet off the table, and leaned forward, “Training? A little longer?

Kendell looked amusedly at Anthony, “You heard me the first time.” Anthony made another annoyed noise and slammed his fist on the table. “Why doesn't Rosalie trust me?” He asked with a frown.

Kendell laughed loudly, “There's lots of reasons Anthony!”

“God.. I hate you two.” He said crossing his arms in front of his chest. “Then quit.” Kendell said, before placing her order.

Anthony thought about that option for a moment. Then shook his head, “I can't. I need the money.”

Kendell snorted, “For hookers.”

Anthony turned a dark shade of red, but shook his head, “N-no.”

Kendell grinned, “Whatever you say.”

As the two shot death glares at each other, another person joined their table. Pulling out a chair and plopping down at it with a sigh. The person was none other than Rosalie. Her body was similar to Kendell's but her bust was much bigger. She had short brown hair. That swooped in front of her left eye. Her green eyes were bloodshot, and a purplish line was under each of them. She wore a teal top, and a pair of black jeans. “My god I'm tired.”

Kendell laughed, “I can tell.” Anthony said nothing, just grumbled and turned his chair to face the wall. Rosalie watched Anthony with a raised brow. “Take a midol.” She said with a roll of her eyes.

“So what are we after next?” Kendell asked as she leaned forward. Peering interestedly at the folder Rosalie was taking out of her bag. Rosalie smiled and took out a file sliding it towards Kendell. “Holy fuck!” Kendell said, wide-eyed. She passed the file to Anthony. He too, went wide-eyed. “Are you kidding?”

Rosalie smiled, “I expect you two to kill him this time. And the girl.”

Chapter Nine
Unexpected Events

I was now in the backseat of the car. Breathing heavily as I hunched forward. Beads of sweat pouring off my now hot skin. I looked outside into the twilight. Wincing as the light of the almost full moon hit my eyes. Kaden was trying his best to comfort myself and Kain. But it wasn't working. This always happened around the full moon. I would get extremely sick, and vampire characteristics would disappear almost completely. I would still have my fangs and immense thirst for blood. But my blood would start to boil, my heart beating again. It was as if I was coming back to life. My skin color would turn to a pale peach color.

Belle continued to drive on, making sure to check on me every now and then. “We're almost there, Kuroe. Hang in there.” She said, the engine roaring as she stepped on the gas pedal a little harder. I gasped as another wave of heat crashed through me, the pain was overwhelming.

Within three hours we arrived. My vision was blurry, but I managed to identify most of my surroundings. “Where are we?” I asked her breathlessly. She smiled lightly, as she helped me out of the car. Keeping her arm wrapped firmly around my middle. “My home.” She told me with a grin.

I looked up at the large house. Lights were on in mostly every window. “Your home?” I asked her. She smiled, “Yes. My brother and sister live here now with my mom and dad.”
We came up to the oak door. I looked through the open window beside the door. There was something eerie about this place. Everything was completely silent. Only the twitter of bugs could be heard, along with my heavy breathing. Belle sucked in her breath, and stretched her fist towards the door. I glanced at her, she looked nervous. Belle then knocked her knuckles against the wood. Making a loud tap. Then we waited.

“Who could be here this late at night..?” I heard a young woman ask herself as she neared the door. She stood in front of the door, I could tell she was ready to knock the hell out of whoever decided to do anything stupid. “Who's there?” She asked in a loud prominent voice.

“It's me, Belle.” Belle said, her eyes shinning with excitement. “Belle.. Oh Belle!” Her sister gasped as she pulled open the door. The two sisters [well.. cousin] stared at each other with teary eyes. Belle let me lean against the wall as she hugged her. “I missed you so much Cambria!”

Cambria seemed to just take in everything around her besides Belle. Her eyes went wide as she looked over at me. “Oh my god. Is this him?” She asked, and Belle nodded her head with a grin. “This is Kuroe Dhein.” She introduced.

Cambria grinned and stepped out of the house, she moved over to me swiftly. I watched her carefully. She then did something I never expected. She hugged me. I stood stiffly, looking over her shoulder at Belle. Belle was stifling a laugh. Cambria then pulled away and examined me. “You look horrible.. Full moon?”

I blinked at her, wondering how the hell she knew that. But I nodded anyways. Cambria smiled, “I have just the thing, come on in.” She invited, Belle walked into the house with no problem. I hesitated for a moment, but Belle snatched my leash and yanked me inside. “Behave.” She whispered to me as we followed Cambria down three flights of stairs.

Everything was silent. But the closer we got to the basement, the louder everything got.
I was curious as we neared a door with large locks on the outside. A board was placed in a holder just above the knob. “Be extremely quiet.” Cambria advised us. As she unlatched the door. Then she slowly slid it open. To reveal a large room. The walls were torn up and blood splattered. Along one wall was a steal cabinet. Exactly like the door, there were many locks. Cambria unlatched a few, and opened one of the doors. Taking out a bottle of thick red liquid. Instinctively I let out a loud snarl as she neared me with the bottle.
Cambria's eyes widened with fright. She immediately clamped her hands over my mouth. Making me back away and growl, trying to sink my fangs into her palm. But she made it so I couldn't move my mouth. Belle was pulling tighter on my leash, trying to restrain me. Then from the other side of the room came a loud snarl. My heart lurched forward, and I looked around wildly. Then I saw it. In the corner of the room was a large black cage. And inside that cage I saw the outline of a huge creature.

Kain suddenly broke through the thin line that separated him from the real world. My body lurched forward, and fur began to sprout from my skin. A thick onyx color. A boiling hunger rumbled within me, making my strength bounce up. With force I shoved both Belle and Cambria away from me. The force I used made them slam into two opposite walls. With amazing speed I bolted forward towards the cage.

Vicious chaos flung into the air. I was no longer myself. I was Kain's form in full form. My blood pounding in my ears as I tore away the bars to the cage. Setting free the creature that was bound in the cage. Out the beast came, tackling me. Shoving me backwards against the ground. I felt a sting of pain hit me between my shoulders. The bitch had shoved me onto a sharp piece of wood that was poking from the ground. Belle and Cambria were still knocked out cold in room. Kain twisted around, pinning the female wolf under him. His sharp incisors bared and glistening in the bright moonlight shinning in through a window. She bared her fangs right back at him. Her paws pushing up against his chest. Trying to shove him off. It looked as if a grin had just taken over her dark brown lips for a moment. Before her hind paw pressed against Kain's groin, using Kain's pain to turn the tables on him. With agility she bucked him off like a bull at a rodeo. Kain slammed into the wall behind him. With such force a dent was actually left in the wood.

Kain's breathing was heavy as she lumbered to his paws. He staggered forward, still trying desperately to catch his breath. The female was already on her paws, watching him as she shifted from paw to paw. Kain let out a furious bawl while he charged forward. Watching the fem's moves as she dodged to the right. This didn't trick him though, he was moving right along beside her. She noticed this and jumped onto her hind quarters. Kain was expecting this as well. He was no ordinary fighter. He too jumped back onto his heels, only to leap forward. His claws digging into the girl's muzzle as he shoved her back against the corner of the cage. She let out many yelps of pain and frustration as Kain snapped at her neck and bit down. Shaking his cranium left and right while jostling it up and down. Snarls and agony filled cries were the only noise in the large room.

Kain finally jumped back from the she-wolf, skidding across the floor. Sending dust into the air. A smirk was upon his lips as he licked them. Savoring the rich blood that dripped slowly off them. The female fell to the ground. Shaking terribly as she whimpered and whined. Blood soaking her light cinnamon pelt. Her white legs were now a light red color. But she wasn't finished yet. She got to her paws. Still shaking as she ran forward. This time she was too quick for Kain to react. Her large jaws snapped down on his snout. Pressing down with all the force she had in her. Kain yelped and backed up, trying to shake her off. But her grip was unbreakable. Blood was filling his nostrils the more he moved. Her teeth were cutting into his tender flesh, hitting the bone. She pushed him down to the ground. Her paws pressed against his throat as she pulled back his head. Kain was struggling to breath now. Blood was clotting his nose making it come from his mouth. He gagged and tried to get up, but she only slammed down harder on his throat.

That was before Cambria came over, a large chain in hand. She came up to the female and wrapped the chain around her neck. The she-wolf yelped and let go immediately. Her wide blue eyes staring up at Cambria. Cambria then dragged the struggling wolf to her cage. Where she put up a new set of bars. Kain was being cradled and comforted by Belle. His fur now covered in blood like the female's. I pushed Kain back into my mind, changing back into my normal self. The wounds that were one Kain's body were now on mine. I was bare, once again. I snatched my clothes quickly, and put them on with the help of Belle. Cambria turned her back to us as she struggled to care for the she-wolf's wounds.
“What is she? She's not a normal wolf.” I said in a hoarse voice. Cambria turned to look at me sadly. Confusion swelled in me.

“Don't you recognize her scent?” She wanted to know.

I stared at her, letting Belle clean my bleeding cuts and gashes with dainty hands. “No.” I said blankly.

Cambria looked back to the wolven in the cage. “She's... Well she's your sister, Kuroe.”
My heart plummeted to my feet. “W-what? My sister isn't.. She's not.. a werewolf..?”

Cambria looked over at me and walked over to me. “She's not a true werewolf. She's an experiment. My experiment. Lily was wandering around here a long time ago. And I happened to be outside when I saw her fall. She looked absolutely horrible. So I took her into my house, and she told me to make her into a creature. I didn't know what she meant at first. But then she told me to make her a werewolf. She told me someone evil was a horrible creature and she wanted to be able to fight him when the time came. I figured out when Belle left to find you that the evil person was you. So I began to experiment on her. I felt like Frankenstein when I was making her into a creature of the night. And a week ago, when Belle found you, she showed every sign of being a werewolf. But something strange happened along the way. She was transformed into a wolf right when the moon got closer to being full. And here she is...”

I stared at Lily, she did resemble the Lily I know. Her cinnamon fur, was the same color as her hair. And her eyes were the same vibrant blue. I snarled and took a step towards her cage, “You wanted to kill me didn't you? Finish me off? That way you wouldn't have any reminders of the family you come from!” I shouted at her. She cringed and cowered in the corner of the cage. I snarled louder this time, “Just to let you know, I'll kill you off before you have a chance to harm me. One less bitch to deal with.” This sent her reeling. She threw herself at the cage, her jaws snapping between the bars as she snarled and barked viciously.

I smirked and turned my back on them. “I don't need your help.” I spat at Cambria as I threw open the door and walked out. Belle was right beside me. Holding my hand, and staring sadly at me. “I'm sorry Kuroe. It'll be fine. You'll see. We can go to my cabin. It's only a little ways from here.. Is that okay?”

“That's bloody fantastic.” I said sarcastically as we walked out the front door and into the black night.

Chapter Ten
A Promise

Belle and I remained completely silent throughout the car ride to her cabin. Which by the way, wasn't a little ways away. It was a whole hour drive to her cabin by the lake. My thoughts were sent into overdrive as I replayed every last bit of information that I had collected in the last few minutes. Why would Lily make herself a werewolf, like myself, just to kill me? She couldn't just undo what she has done to herself. Throbbing pain ran through my temples, a headache.

My head whipped towards Belle when the car gave a vicious jerk. Her head was lolling to the side, her arms limp at her sides. I lurched for the steering wheel, turning it sharply to the left, missing a lamp post by inches. “Belle!” I cried desperately. Trying my best to steer the vehicle while I tried to shake Belle awake. The car drove straight off the road. My heart was pounding like a drum in my chest as I tried to steer the car as it jerked and heaved itself into a thick forest. I glanced down at Belle's legs. If only I could take her foot off the gas pedal.

Thinking quickly, I jumped from my seat, tearing the seatbelt with me. I nudged Belle over, and placed one hand around her thigh. She shuddered slightly, but otherwise she stayed asleep. Then I pulled her leg backwards. Off the pedal. Then I slammed on the breaks. The car gave a dreadful screech as it rammed straight into a large oak tree. The tree was an old one. As the headlights dimmed to a dull yellow, and the smoke from the engine billowed into the air. The tree slowly began falling forward. Panic swelled in me.
I tore the seatbelt off of Belle, and picked her up in my arms. Then ran straight at the car door. Taking it off the hinges. It flew to the ground as I took off through the trees at an inhuman speed. I looked over my shoulder, right as the large tree plummeted to the ground. Only hitting the side of the car. I fell to my knees, hugging Belle's warm body to mine. I was quivering with silent relief.

“Belle?” I said, shaking her. Her eyes rolled under their lids, and then she slowly awoke. Staring up at me blearily. “What happened? Kuroe?”

I smiled stupidly and hugged her tight, laughing lightly. “You fell asleep. And we crashed.” I told her calmly.

She gripped me as if her life depended on it. “Oh my god. Kuroe I'm so sorry. Are you alright?”

I smiled lightly and pulled back, looking at her. “I'm fine, love.”

Belle sighed and leaned forward, her head resting on my chest. I hesitated for a moment, before I rested my chin on her head. Nuzzling my nose into her soft red hair. It smelt like cedar and jasmine. We sat like that for what seemed like ages. My heart kept beating faster, as if I was running a marathon. But I perfectly still. My warm breath splitting the cold air, and creating a soft mist. Belle sighed for the second time and pulled away. “Well.. Let's get the boxes. I know my way through this forest. It's on my property.”

I nodded, and helped her to her feet. We then walked to the car. I yanked open the trunk. There were only a few boxes. Probably only six. So we easily split the amount each of us carried. I three, and her three. The two of us walked through the trees and brush, our sides touching. She looked eager to get to the cabin. Her green eyes shimmering brightly whenever the moonlight poured through the holes in the tree-tops canopy. We left the car where it was, Belle had said she would call her brother and tell him to pick it up. I had offered to just carry it back with us. But Belle had refused to let me. Telling me that it would be just too weird seeing me carrying a car on my shoulders like it was a bag of potato chips.

Up ahead of us there was a clearing. In that clearing there was a small cabin. The wood paneling around the house was gorgeous. The dark evergreen bark was polished. Making the surface of the wood gleam. There was a small porch in front. Perfectly carved tree stumps held up the roof that shielded the light coco colored flooring. The stairs leading up to the porch were the same color at the flooring, only a tint darker. A two-seater swing was placed by the railing, the dark green fabric on the cushions enhanced that pale wooden framework. There were plants in dark pots, their vines coiled around the tree stumps, crawling up the paneling and onto the roof. There was a door beside two plants. And beside that door, to the left there was a large window. It's glass was tinted a light green color.

Belle and I reached the door. I peaked in through the window and noticed the well furnished living room. When Belle finally got the door opened, we entered. I examined the exterior. Most of the furniture was green hued. Belle told me that there was only one bedroom, one bathroom, and a kitchen. Which meant only one thing, I'd have to share a room with Belle. Not that I hadn't been doing so anyways.

We spent the rest of the night unpacking our things. This was where we were going to be living for the time being. I liked the cabin. It had a nice touch to it. And wasn't too big or too small. It was perfect. When we finished unpacking, we tumbled into the bedroom. Completely exhausted from our long trip. We hadn't slept for at least four days. Well at least Belle hadn't. Unlike her, I never slept. I could however sleep tonight. Since my vampire self was at rest. Belle had no probably undressing in front of me. Assuming I wouldn't do anything to her. Which I wouldn't. She did get dressed quickly however. Then she helped me get dressed in pajamas after she was finished.

Belle let out a deep sigh as she fell backwards onto the queen sized bed. Her fingers playing with the soft magenta colored material. I sat down next to her, watching her with sleepy eyes. She sat up and smiled lazily at me. “No funky business, got it?” She said, pointing a finger in my face. I smiled at her and playfully shoved her finger down. She laughed and began crawling up to her side of the bed. I followed suit, except I went on the other side of her.

Her dark red locks fell in front of her jade eyes. The freckles dotting the bridge of her nose were barely detectable. But I managed to point out a few prominent ones. “It's been crazy the last few days hasn't it?” She asked me suddenly, peering up into my aqua eyes.
I inclined my head in affirmation. “It has.” I agreed.

She propped herself up on an elbow, and looked down at my face. “I haven't been much of an angel. You've been more of an angel than I have.” Belle sounded sad when she said this.

I too propped myself up on my elbow, looking directly into her eyes. “What do you mean?” I asked her, with a droop of my lips.

She hesitated before saying, “Well.. I'm supposed to be saving you. But you have been the one saving me.”

I said nothing for awhile. Just stared at her blankly. “I don't need saving, Belle.” I said. And quickly realized that this was the wrong thing to say to her.

Her eyes widened and she sat up abruptly. “Kuroe, you do need saving! Your not as strong as you think you are. I am supposed to be here to show you that. I'm supposed to help you. But I'm failing. I'm not helping you, your helping me. I need to make you happy, I need to make your life better. I failed at doing that for Ren! And I don't want to fail again! I don't want to loose you too!” She yelled. Tears filled her eyes as she slammed her fist on the mattress. “I.. don't.. want.. to.. loose... you.. too..” She sobbed as she beat my chest with her fist. I grabbed her wrists and pulled her into my chest. She struggled with me for a moment. But then she relaxed in my arms. She continued to cry. Her petite body shaking as she cried convulsively. “You wont loose me.” I told her quietly.

She looked up at me, her face streaked red with tears. I used my palm to wipe the salty tears from her cheeks. Then I leaned down close to her face, “I promise.” I whispered, and then I kissed her. She kissed me back. Holding onto me, as if she let go, I wouldn't be there. We pulled away, just staring at each other with glossy eyes. “I'm holding that promise against you.” She said as she laid down. Still in my arms. I smiled and laid down as well. And within a few minutes we were asleep.

Chapter Eleven
Familiar Face

I woke up the next day feeling cold and lonely. Belle was no where in sight. My wolfish eyes scanned every nook and cranny in the small cabin. Panic was overcoming me as I called out her name outside on the porch. Nothing. I ran down the stairs, my heart racing like a horse. Where was she? My mind was spinning with explanations, and ideas about where she was. But none of them fit. I walked down the porch steps and began to walk back towards the forest. I was headed nowhere in particular. That's when it hit me.

The car!

I ran faster than ever towards the car. Her scent was overwhelming me as I turned a corner. A huge grin was on my face when I heard her voice. I rounded a tree, and my heart sunk. She was hugging a tall handsome man. I took a step back, my heel snapping a twig in half. Both of them froze. Belle turned around, and saw me. “Oh, hey Kuroe.” She said with a smile. I frowned, not looking at her. My eyes stayed locked with the man. Anger boiled in me. Who was he? And why was he with Belle? I forced back a growl as I walked towards Belle. Standing close to her, and holding my head high. Belle laughed and slapped my shoulder. “No need to be protective, Kuroe. This is Ian, my brother. I told you about him, 'member?”

That relaxed me. I nodded my head, but continued to eye him defensively. He was tall. Almost as tall as I was. He wasn't scrawny like I had thought he would be. He was rather broad. Ian's hair was long and black, pulled back in a pony tail. He had a goatee and his facial features were similar to Belle's. Probably because their mothers were twins.
Ian smiled kindly at me and stuck out a hand. I sniffed the air around it, and then pulled back with a grimace. He laughed, slowly sticking his hand back in his pocket. “Nice to meet you too..”

Belle glanced over at the car, a frown on her face. “I can't believe I fell asleep.” She muttered.

I snorted and said, “I thought you died.”

She smiled and looked back over at me, “So you were worried about me then?”

My ears twitched, “W-well.. No.. I was just...”

Belle laughed and kissed my cheek. Which made my mind blanker than before. “It's alright, it's not a crime to worry about someone. I worry about you too.”

Ian coughed and nodded to his left. My eyes widened when I saw who was standing beside him. Anthony. “Like I was saying before Kuroe arrived.. My regular mechanic is out of town for the rest of this month. So he had his brother come all the way here from Forks to work for him. This is Anthony, he's gunna fix up your car, Bells.”

Belle's brows were knitted as she took Anthony's hand and shook it. “It feels like I've met you before..”

I let out a snarl and stood protectively in front of Belle. “Your the vampire hunter.” I hissed at him.

Belle took my hand and pulled me back. “Calm down.. Kuroe.” She whispered, rubbing my back soothingly.

Anthony's eyes were glinted with laughter, just like the last time I met him. He shook his head and said, “Sorry man, no idea what your talking about.”

I snarled and tried to take a step forward, but Belle restrained me. “No idea, my ass.”
Anthony raised up his palms and shook his head, “No need to get violent.”

Belle took hold of my leash and began pulling me away. She pushed me against a tree, and frowned. “Calm down, Kuroe. I know who he is. I believe you. Just.. Keep quiet for awhile, okay? We'll sort things out later. When Ian's gone.” She whispered hastily.

I struggled to push her off of me. But she was using all of her strength to keep me restrained. “Stop.” She hissed, and pushed my shoulders back against the oak. I struggled for a moment, before I gave up. “Fine.” I growled.

She hugged me around the neck, and I let my arms snake around her waist. Belle sighed, “I'll make sure your safe.” I nodded into her hair and pulled away from her. “And I'll keep you safe.” I said back.

The next hour was spent listening to Anthony babble on about the car and what it would cost to fix it. I continued to hit my head into the tree I leaned against. Hoping that soon enough his voice would just fade to nothing. Belle was talking excitedly to Ian. I watched them interact. She looked like she really loved him. I frowned and looked down at the forest floor. I glanced at my hand, holding it up to get a better look at the creature crawling along my fingers. A large black spider. Belle looked over at me. Her eyes wide, and she let out a scream. Getting up from the ground and running into a tree in the process. I watched her with a cocked brow and an amused smile on my face.

Ian laughed and walked over to me, holding out his hand. I shook the spider off of my hand and let her fall into Ian's palm. Ian watched as the eight-legged beast skittered around his pale palm. “Belle has a phobia of spiders. She'd rather live in a toilet than have a spider in her house.”

I laughed and looked over at Belle, who was rubbing her head and staring wide-eyed at the spider. “Get it away, get it away!” She screamed. I took the spider from Ian and walked over to Belle. She screamed as if she was going to the electric chair. I took her hand with quick reflexes and placed the spider on her hand. She was trembling horribly. But once she let the spider crawl along her hand for awhile she relaxed. “See? Harmless.” I said, as she let the spider climb up the tree beside her. She tackled me unexpectedly. I stared at her with wide eyes. “That was scary as hell. But, I'll forgive you.” Belle said. Then got up and walked off.

I laid on the ground completely stunned. Ian laughed and went back over to Belle to tell her more about his life. Anthony was still rambling on about the car. To absolutely no one. I yawned and rolled over onto my stomach. My arms crossed in front of me, while my head rested on them. My tail swished lazily through the air as I watched everyone.

I watched Anthony carefully. Thoughts trailing through my head as I did. He looked like he could bring harm. But was he really as strong as he looked? Why had Kendell killed Deavon and not him? But most importantly, why was he here? He was obviously after me. I wasn't exactly your average vampire. I was part werewolf too. Killing me would be a challenge but if someone succeeded at killing me they would be overcome with pride. Killing a crossbreed was a rare thing. Since they were almost impossible to kill.

I was slowly dozing off into sleep. My blinks were becoming heavier. Everyone's voices were fading farther away from me. I was slipping away from reality and into a dream world..

Old 04-16-2007, 03:32 AM
starpanda (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 4

Hi Sinfully sweet!

At over 20,000 words this is way too large a post for one critique. I am willing to critique the first two chapters (approx 3800 words) ideally postings to the rough draft area should be no longer than 2500-3000 words at a time.

If you would like me to look at the rest of the draft for you then you can PM me and we can arrange a time.

or you can post bits of your work a bit at a time over a couple of weeks.

Regards
Tina C alias
Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 AM
ennubi (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 0

believe me, i understand the temptation .

i write long too.

that is about the accepted limit....it can help to pick out your worst problem area so people can go after that.

honestly, i'm having trouble getting a 500 wc submission critiqued over in super secret.

please repost

ennubi
Old 04-16-2007, 07:57 AM
starpanda (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 4
Default critique - chapter 1

Official Writer's Beat Critique by Starpanda
Hi There!

I've managed to do the first chapter...I'll try and get to the second tomorrow if I can.

I just wanted to say 'congratulations' on 20,000 words that is quite an achivement and I really hope that you finish the book. You should be proud of the hardwork you have put into this. Well done!

I have put a blow, by blow critique together for the whole of chapter one. I like the premise to this story, the whole half-werewolf-vampire-little-bit-human thing is a good idea.

I did find quite a few plot discrepancies and a few inconsistencies with the characters, especially Lily, and there does appear to be a lot of things in 'red', (but that does include editing notes). I hope that it doesn't put you off.

I am trying to get you to look at injecting more 'realism' into the story (Even in fantasy there has to be believeability_ You know this, there is a lot of realism in your story already there are just some kinks that I feel need ironing out.)

I also feel that there is more description required and some basic facts are missing. For example_ what time of day is it? What does the streets/town look like_ why did he go into town knowing that its residents feared and despised him? What did his cell look like? What did the 'shield' do? You have to remeber that you the writer live with your characters all the time, you already know them intimately, but this will be the first time your reader has come across them.

I also think you are rushing the story a bit. So far, Kuroe he lives in a cell, escaped from his cell, his sister hates him, his sister is a witch, he has a split personality, his mother was bitten by a vampire, then became a vampire, his father is a werewolf that's AWOL, his mother is dead, the townsfolk shot and stabbed her to death, the townsfolk hate him, he's attacked a man in the street, he's met the girl of his dream, his sister tried to kill him, he tried to kill his sister, he's just seen his bedroom for the first time in god-nows how many years, he's making his first moves with the girl and got his first kiss and I've only read chapter 1! (I need a lie down in a darkened room)

Take it easy! If this were a film think about which scenes your reader would enjoy and put more emphasis on those scenes. If this were mine (and it isn't so feel free to ignore me) I would have broken this up into at least three chapters.

1 - his escape from the cell and his attack on Mr Thomas
2 - his meeting with Belle and his sister turning up and attacking him
3 - him overcoming his siter, almost killing her, but being stopped by Belle

So here is the rest of the critique. You can punch me if you like...just don't give up on it.

Regards
Tina C

Chapter One
He's Called Kuroe

I cringed with anger as I walked down the street. Everyone around me whispered, while others told me to get lost or go to hell. (I would put the comments in inverted commas so that it’s clear that they are actually things that have been said.) It was nothing new to me. I’ve listened to the people around me say those cruel things my whole 17 years of living. Being what I am isn’t easy. I bit my tongue as a man shoved me forward, hitting me viciously with a shovel. But, as I said before, being what I am isn’t easy. (Two things, firstly why did he have the shovel and seconded ‘shoved’ and ‘shovel’ sound too alike which makes the sentence fell awkward)

“Kill him Kuroe! Kill him!” The wolf in me snarled.

“Listen to Kain, Kuroe! KILL HIM!” My other half, the vampire, bellowed.

I tried my hardest not to listen to them, Kain and Kaden that is. It was no use. Once they both got angry it was impossible to stop them. Whirling around, my long navy blue hair swishing around my waist as I did so. My claws sunk into the man’s brawny arms. I lifted him easily off the ground. The snarl that broke past my lips shook the ground beneath my feet. “I suggest you don’t touch me again, fool.” I snapped, throwing him to the ground like a rag doll. I ignored his young daughters shrill cries as she tried to shake awake her father. It was useless.

The people on the streets shot me death glares (insert: comma) but kept clear of me. I’m surprised Lily hasn’t showed up to shove me in my cell yet. Lily is my sister. She was born before my mother was turned into a vampire, (new sentence rather than comma) her father is unknown. My mother was changed into a vampire when she was pregnant with me only two years after my sister’s birth. The vampire who changed her goes by Pheron.(Goes by? Do you mean ‘goes by the name of’) My father is a werewolf. He doesn’t even know about me. And I know little of him.

My mother was killed a year after my birth by the towns people. They had (delete: had – it’s not needed) shot her with silver bullets, and stabbed her with stakes. While Lily held me in the back, she didn’t even cry. (This doesn’t make sense, do you mean…held me back…or…held me in the back if the house/cellar/wherever) Lily has always despised me. And my mother. She was brainwashed by the people in our town that we’re bad and that we must be killed. But she never wished of (delete: of) my death. She only wished that I would (delete:would) be locked in a cell underground. Locked from the world. Today I had freed myself when she forgot to lock the door to keep me from escaping.

Your (spelling:You’re) wondering why I can’t just break free of the cell, right? Even if I’m part vampire, part werewolf, and only a little bit of me is human, (end of sentence.) I can’t free myself. Lily is a very intelligent girl. She has set up a very strong shield around my cell. She’s very skilled at witchcraft. She only uses her skills to harm me though. To keep me in check. Disciplined. (This sound a little clumsy, as if you have had additional thoughts on this while you were typing. Try something like ‘I can’t free myself. Lily is not only intelligent she’s a very skilled in witchcraft. She only uses it on me, to keep me in check. She calls it ‘discipline’, I call it punishment. She has set up a shield around the cell.’­­_ I would also make it clear what this shield is supposed to do to him.)But she let her guard down for only a nanosecond. And I was out that steel door and bolting out of the shield she had let down before she could turn her blonde head. (Again clumsy, It doesn’t quite flow, which I think it should, to reflect his flight out of the cell, try something like this: ‘But she let her guard down for a nanosecond, she left the door unlocked and the shield down and I was out of that steel door before she could turn her blonde head.)

I was thirsty and in need of something that would satisfy my abnormal thirst. Blood was on the menu. Licking my lips with my pointed tongue, I glanced around with dark blue eyes. Nothing was around me. (Using the word ‘around’ twice makes reading the sentence awkward. Try something like ‘I glanced about’) My nose was prickling. (…and that means what exactly?_If you are talking about an enhanced sense of smell, then say so.) I perked my black wolf ears forward, listening intently for any signs of movement nearby me. Nothing. Growling with impatience I began to bound forward, my eyes looking around wildly. My long black bushy tail was curled along my broad waist. (Two things going on here, firstly, there is a bit of an inconsistence going on here. How come no-one is around him, when a few paragraphs ago he seemed to be walking though a street of people making comments and had a run in with Mr Thomas? Secondly, Kuroe is describing himself like he can see himself. I would leave the describing to Belle when we get to her. She describes him anyway))

Then I saw her. Oh I saw her.. The petite red head lounging on a worn down bench. (Is it me, or do you really want a red head on a bench, or a red-head?)Her stunning green eyes were looking at me curiously, no sign of fear or disgust in them at all. Freckles dotted the bridge of her nose is a scattered line. She had round pink lips, but you could tell they weren’t her natural color as they smelt of skittle lip gloss. She had a light line of eyeliner on her eyes, making them pop and shine. (Be careful when describing eyes, or describing actions or emothions with eyes, as they have a tendency to have a life of their own. This almost sounds like her eyes are ‘popping’ in and out of her head) Her lashes were long, even without mascara. Her nose was straight and cute. Her face a nice oval shape. In other words, she was gorgeous.

I stopped in my tracks and stared right back at her. My eyes narrowed in confusion. “Why are you looking at me like that?” I asked her angrily. (Try and avoid adverb use so much, it’s not technically incorrect, but your action, or dialogue should describe his mood. For example, I stopped in my tracks and stared right back at her in confusion. I can understand a look of fear, I’ve seen it often enough, but this? I didn’t like this look at all. I felt a growl of anger in the back of my throat. Why are you looking at me like that?”)

She smiled, but didn’t sit up, she remained flat on her back with her arms across her forehead. (Erm? Why is she lying down?) “Well, for one you have dog ears, blue hair, a tail, and your very, very pale. Is that what you people here call normal?” She asked with a soft airy laugh. “I’m just curious.” I said nothing.

“She’s got the hots for you, Kuroe. Your father would be so proud.” Laughed Kain. I growled low in my throat at Kain’s words. “I’d shut up if I were you, Kain.” I hissed quietly. “Oh, whatcha gunna do Kuroe? You can’t hurt me. I’m part of you.” He laughed cruelly. (Delete: The word cruelly is superfluous, it is apparent that Kain is being cruel by the dialogue. See previous comment about adverbs.)

“Kuroe, you should take this chance. Take advantage of her! Your thirsty, and so am I. Bite her!” Kaden said anxiously. I closed my eyes, trying not to take what Kaden said into consideration. “Good Idea Kaden.” Kain said, he sounded pleased and anxious too. I snarled, “No. I will not do that.” They bickered to each other about how inconsiderate I was. But otherwise they left me alone.

I opened my eyes, only to be staring directly into the girl’s bright green eyes. She was standing in front of me. Her hands on her hips while she extended her torso forward in a half bow, while she peered curiously at my face. “You were talking to yourself.” She said.

I rolled my eyes and snorted, “No. I was talking to..” (Sorry if this sounds picky, but ellipses come in threes, i.e. ‘…’) I trailed off and furrowed my brow. I couldn’t exactly say I was talking to Kain and Kaden. They weren’t even real beings. I shook his head, “No one.” I said instead. She stood straight. Looking disappointed when she only reached my chin. I looked down at her and raised a brow, “Who are you? Your new here.” (how does he know she is new if he’s been locked away for most of his life?)

“Thank you Captain Obvious!” She said while stretching her arms above her head and then placing her hands on my shoulders. “I, Mr. Doggie, am Belle DeClore. I just moved her with my father. We live right down there.” She said, pointing down the street. Which was close to where he too lived. “What’s your name, I doubt you want me to call you Mr. Doggie.”

“I am Kuroe Dhein. I live down that way as well.” I said, in a flat voice. I’ve never managed to make myself sound lively or friendly in anyway.

“Kuroe... That’s a strange name.” She said with a grin.

I nodded slowly, “It fits me.”

She smiled and nodded, reaching up and grabbing hold of my right ear. My eyes widened, but I didn’t move. “So these are real?” She asked in awe. Scratching behind them, which felt unusually good.

“Oh damn, this girl knows all the right places.” Kain said in a relaxed voice.

I leaned into her hand, and closed my eyes, nodding slowly, “Of course they’re real.”

She turned me around with ease, and took my tail in her hands. I whipped it quickly out of her grasp, wrapping it firmly around my waist. “Never touch my tail.” I warned her, and turned around. She didn’t seemed frightened at all. She just peered up at me with a soft smile. “Alright.” She said nodding. (okay…what doesn’t he like his tail touched?)

We stood there just staring at each other curiously (delete: curiously, especially as you sue the word ‘curious’ in the next sentence). I was curious as to why she wasn’t running away from me. While she was curious about who, and what I was. (These entire two sentences are not needed. The reader has this already) Everything washed from our thoughts moments later however. “There you are! Kuroe, I’m so fucking pissed at you right now! Hurting Mr. Thomas! You know your strength. And you know your not supposed to be out of your fucking cage!” Lily yelled angrily from behind me. (‘There you are!’_ Sorry but this sounds more like big sister found her puppy rather than the She’s hunting her superfierce werewolf/vampire brother. Wouldn’t a bit more vicious be appropriate, something like, ‘Got you, you fucking little freak!)

I turned around and stared at her with equal hatred and anger. “So what if I hurt that fat ass guy? At least he’ll know not to mess with me anymore. Of course I know my strength, I’m not stupid Lily. Damn right I’m out of my cage! You can’t keep me locked up forever.” I snarled back at her.

Kain was cheering me on, telling me that I should let her have it. While Kaden was telling me to bite the fuck out of her and make her feel me pain, and quench my thirst. Then I remembered Belle. Turning my head I glanced at her. She still wasn’t frightened. She was still curious. “I’ll go sit down..” (A bit too heavy on the full stop key) She said and sat down on the bench. Her legs drawn up to her chest, while she watched Lily and I. (This is too calm to be real…Belle goes to sit down while a woman with a bloody great dagger approaches the guy that reminds her of her husband?)

I turned back around, right when a blade hit me square in the chest. I staggered back, and stared in shock at my chest. Blood drooled from the wound. I pulled the blade out of my chest, and turned it over in my hand, looking at my deep red blood. I ran my tongue over the cool steel, making Kaden laugh and encourage me. I didn’t continued though. I stared at Lily. Who was standing tall, with her fists clenched at her sides.

I waved the dagger in her direction, “Did you really think you could kill me with this Lily?” I asked her in a calm voice. My wound had already healed itself.

She smiled wickedly at me, “No. It was a distraction.” She said, and before I had a chance she had wrapped a chain around my neck. I strained against it, but she had put a spell on it. Making it impossible to break free. I snarled in rage and opened my jaws. My nose scrunched up into a vicious snarl. Venom could be seen in my mouth. My large fangs were dripping with the putrid liquid. I yanked the chain my way. She was pulled along with it. I grabbed her by the neck and pulled her close to me. She was pleading for me to stop.

“Kuroe! Stop!” Belle yelled. I froze, my fangs just inches from her exposed neck. “Let her down.” She said calmly. Determination in her eyes.

I stared at her with narrowed eyes. “Why should I?” I snarled.

She smiled at me, “Because if you kill her, it wont make your life easier, it’ll be harder.” Belle said, as if she knew everything about me.

I lower (spelling: lowered_ also the last action was by Belle, therefore when you sat I lowered ‘her’ slightly, the reader still thinks it is Belle rather than Lily.) her slightly but kept my grip on her. “If I kill her my life would be a lot easier. I’d finally be able to be free.” I snapped.

Belle shook her head, “You’d still have your curse.”

That got me. I’d never be free. I’d still have these curses. I’d still be part vampire, part werewolf. I threw Lily down like I had done to Mr. Thomas. She sprawled on the ground, gasping and crying. Glaring up at me. I shook my head and turned around. “I’m going home.” I hissed. (He’s free from Lily (The very skilled witch.) for the first time in years and he’s going home? To the hell hole???? – This bit definitely needs thought, or at the very least more description on his thought processes at this moment.)

I could hear Belle comforting Lily as I took off down the street to the hell hole I call home. “Cheer up Kuroe. You’ve still got us!” Kain said with his boisterous laugh. Kaden joined in his laughter. (Delete: his laughter_ it’s a given) I tuned them out as I entered my home. It was still the same. Plain and ugly.

Wandering around aimlessly, I noticed no changes. I entered my bedroom and sat down on my dusty bed. It hadn’t been slept in for ages. I ran my hand over the bed sheets. Lifting my hand up I studied it. It was lined with dust. I grabbed a box that was resting on the floor. Not recognizing it at all. When I opened the lid, I was hit with sorrow. My mother. I picked up the stack of old photographs. I haven’t looked at any of these pictures before. Lily must have thrown them in here.. (Extra full stop/period to delete here)

One picture was of my mom holding me when I was first born. She looked exhausted, but extraordinarily beautiful. The next was of her hold Lily’s hand and keeping me balanced on her shoulders. She looked so happy. Lily had on a fake smile, and I.. For once in my life was filled with joy. I felt a jolt of shock at the next picture. There was my mother laughing happily while a bulky man with white ears held her to his chest. My mother had a very plump belly. That was my father. I knew he was.. (Delete the extra ‘.’)

I stuffed the pictures back into the box and threw it across the room. He knew about me but he never had the guts to stick around! (That’s a big assumption he’s made about his father, for all he (and the reader) knows his father may have been killed.) Anger broiled in me. I stood up and turned, finding Belle standing in my doorway. I stared at her with confusion. Why was she here?
“What do you want?” I asked her coldly.

She smiled and walked towards me. Her red hair was pulled into a tight ponytail. (Why is the ponytail significant? Has it always been like that? Or is it because Belle now means business?) Belle sighed, “Lily said she’s had enough of you.” (Erm? Lily, Keeper of the cell in the hell-hole, gives up her only home to the brother she despises, the brother with whom she has struggled all her life against the pressure of others wanting her to kill him, the brother who almost killed her tonight, says, ‘I’ve had enough of you’. May be it’s but that seems a bit ‘disappointing’. I was kind of hoping for ‘Tell him, he has twenty four hours to get a hundred miles away, or I will hunt him down like the dog he is and when I find him I will kill him! Or something on those lines.)

I raised a brow, “Oh?”

“Yes. So... I’m going to take care of you.” (Why does a werewolve/vampire need taking care of?)

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction