WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing

Publishing Ask and post advice about the publishing process. Discuss new media and options.

How to go about it?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:37 AM
Set Apart (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default How to go about it?

I am going to skim through his later but for now I don't have time. I have a book I wrote about horses about a wild Mustang called Shadow, I have gone through and revised and edited it and now I would like to take the first steps to get it published, can anyone walk me through those steps?

Old 10-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

Have you had it beta read? Edited through? Proofread? Revised to its best potential?

These are the first steps you'd need to take before you publish anything. You only have one chance to make a decent impression. Don't waste it by rushing.

Once you've gone through all of those first steps, then you can take a look at Amazon or CreateSpace (or similar places) to see what you need to do.

But again, make sure to create your best product first.

If you're going the trad route, same first steps apply, only add "develop thick skin" to that list. You'll be rejected more times than you'd like to count (that being the general "you," not specific), and you need a project that snags an agent or publisher so hard, they'll have no option but to take it on.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Chayil (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2

Don't rush.

Edit it until you know it's reached its full potential, then start researching agents that are looking for books of your genre and age range for your book.

DON'T send it out if you think it needs any work.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Publishing