WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 07-29-2013, 01:48 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, new, continuation of the above, the "religious discussion" thread

Hmmm. Hang on. I think you might have misunderstood what I meant. When a government is wicked and commands wicked things, you're right, it should be fought against. But so far as a government of democracy needs to be sustained as far as taxes and such, it is considered honest to pay them and to obey laws that are reasonable. I'm still unsure as to what the issue is? Please feel free to explain it a bit better so I can understand.
"...jesus advised you to render unto ceasar didn't he..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...but instead your church, along with all those other 501c3 churches, has entered into a pact with the state, of looking the other way in order to not pay taxes, which is not what jesus told you to do is it...", where the goblin was gnostic anyway, adding "...at it's simplest, pay those taxes denouncing the injustice of state too, or depart from me till you do so because you are not rendering unto cearser like that are you, no you're selling out your church to the state by taking hush money..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 01:58 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (07-29-2013)
Old 07-29-2013, 03:53 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

Thanks Flea, it is a religious day already,

Life oscillates between boredom and pain, so a person can wake up and can know with full certainty how the day will unfold - but the day is a wily trickster - it does not change in any meaningful way, but presents people with more and more doubt… it is told with much certainty that given a small oscillation we get much uncertainty, the path is straight forward but moves along in ridges and troughs; constrained chaos… and there is me, propelled upwards only to be propelled back downwards, certain that at every peak I take an opportunity I can get ever higher and certain that if I take a misstep at any trough I will sink even lower… but I am wrong, no matter what I ever do, I will only ever reach the end of the day, just like the day before… but that is what I am going to prepare myself for today, I am going to anticipate the straight line towards the finish, or am I suffering from déjà vu, did I not think the same thing yesterday…

...‘With the Flow’ it is then, can someone point me to the nearest steakhouse?
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (07-29-2013), Crump (07-30-2013), fleamailman (07-29-2013)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

("...thanks pickle, you should post more often as my mind need fuelling with more than my own thoughts, and yours have done the trick it seems...")

repost from elsewhere, new, the troll's forum again

the goblin just looked at the troll, adding "...well, let's just say that you and I differ then, where between us aren't you the one not thinking out this posting lark to your best advantage, so instead time progresses leaving you behind, just post and discard each time isn't it, yet a livewriter understands this passage of time better, instead he stores away his posts both to refine and to reuse at will elsewhere, meaning that he has marked out his opinions to himself while having something tangible for his time here, whereas you just get caught up in the moment each time letting things lapse afterwards, and that's why time laughs back at you for all your discarded posts, for where are they now I wonder...."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 05:48 AM..
PickleBottom (08-01-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 01:35 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

calling all site members please log in and let me know your still alive
"...well my being still alive is all rather debatable I suppose, I mean what with being a persona without physical form upon forumland here, but apart from that minor point, I am still very much here as ever..." mentioned the goblin who simply wished that he could be more everywhere then, adding "...but how all this is so fathomless to my every effort, it's like skimming pebbles across its immense endless surface, where the water first accepts them, then halts them and finally swallows them down like everything else that I have ever thrown across its surface now, where neither those splashes, the number of bounds, nor the extent of the ripples too, really made any difference in the end, save only perhaps, that in "my skimming these posts across its surface" it had become as some beautiful gift to me, just this brief shared moment then between a finite self that throws and this infinite sea of forumland that receives as I post upon its surface in my time remaining..."

xxxx3964 105881

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 05:49 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Crump (07-30-2013), PickleBottom (08-01-2013)
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM
Crump (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 254

And now this website, this very forum – yes, and even this thread - is under imminent threat. Anywhere that has the 'f' word, or the 'c' word or that has the words 'double' and 'penetration' in close proximity one to the other will soon be off limits to all of us in the good old UK. After the Lady Chatterley trial, that I was too young to remember, and the Oz trial, that I was just the right age to remember, I . . . we all, thought we had been set free, but now we are to be set in bonds again. It’s the Internet, the World Wide Web, that is to blame - it is just too accessible, too alluring, too corrupting an influence on our British children. The web is exposing them to all kinds of unspeakable filth and vile perversions, disgusting images and the worst sort of degenerate material imaginable. To save them from these depravities the entire country will now be safeguarded by a national firewall, creating a secure and wholesome online environment where even your maiden aunt would find nothing blushworthy. Ah yes, you will be able to opt out of this default ‘Disney-Land’ that the censors will have created for you, but then of course you’ll be a potential pervert, a potential paedophile, a potential rapist, and your name will be on a list. OK a big list, but a list nevertheless, a list that may one day get someone wondering what sort of illicit material is lurking on your hard drive.

All this is going to happen, and what are we going to do about it? Bugger all, that’s what. We’re laughing at it, that’s all we’re doing. “Don’t worry”, they’re saying, “it’ll never work”. But I do worry, not because I think it will work, but because ‘they’ think it will work. I worry because folk who want to do this sort of thing make me worry. So who is speaking out against it? Nobody, because the paedophile witch-hunt is still in full cry and the finger of suspicion will point at anyone who opposes this measure.

Our own right hand the chains must shiver.

Last edited by Crump; 07-31-2013 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: missing 'of'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crump For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (07-30-2013), PickleBottom (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:30 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

("...you are one of the best Crump..." mentioned the goblin still musing over the consequences here, adding "...I know I will write about it when the post comes to me, but either way it's not the country I knew when I lived there...", meanwhile the goblin had been hassled by a troll of the christian thread elsewhere and the posts rotate between fobbing off the parrot who keeps saying shut up fleamailman and the interesting posts in reply, adding "...some examples then...")

repost from elsewhere

Ok, so you're talking about my faith's non-tax status? I'm still confused. If so, this is good. We pay tithing, which is %10 of our income. We also pay our taxes in addition to this, many paying taxes before tithing, paying even more of a proportion. The leadership of my faith is a lay-ministry, meaning that they don't take a paycheck from tithing, but instead have a job on the side to support themselves, as well as leading in a church calling by volunteering to do so. Tithing only ever goes to feeding the hungry, helping the sick, and maintaining/building buildings. Why then should we need to pay taxes as a religious group? We pay taxes normally. It is no surprise that we are a tax exempt religious group for these reasons, especially that the leadership does not get paid but volunteers instead. Nobody collects any money in the leadership of my faith. They lead it because they volunteer to do so and truly believe in it, using jobs on the side to support themselves and family. Does this help answer your concern?
"...no we're talking to cross purposes here, me I'm talking solely about 501c3 and not about which taxes you pay, so now let me ask you straight, do you know what 501c3 is, do you have an opinion for or against it please, because the readers here should be told about how their government has muzzled the churches into acquiescence toward their evil doing, I mean would you care to speak out against it now, or will I speak out for you on your behalf then, I mean one of us has to do god's work with a whip here, where your church won't let really let you..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 01:59 AM..
Crump (08-01-2013), PickleBottom (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from above thread, continuation

No, I don't know what 501c3 is.
"...well now, first off you must not think that I am either singling either you out personally, or your church out either, in that I don't know you are where do I know much about your church neither, save that I do know that in order of a church to receive 501c3 status, your church must first apply for it thus meeting certain conditions to do so now..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "..,in other words one's church receives tax exemptions with strings attached that muzzle one's church from speaking out against whatever the government then does on pain of having not only one's 501c3 tax status removed but have one's assets divided up amongst the other remaining sects, though it's best not to take my word for it as a simply google search will suffice here...", in fact, this insidious device was not nothing new in itself, historically similar devices have been repeated used by the state to control church matters, adding "...now so, depending upon the type of christian you are, you will either accept this knowledge with a shrug, or as someone who is following jesus into the temple with a whip, just to whom am I addressing here..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 05:51 AM..
Crump (08-01-2013), PickleBottom (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:51 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, continuation

Oh, I see.vMy faith has always historically taken a neutral stance on politics, unless something badly crosses the line. Fun factoid: The FBI usually prefers active LDS people on applications over others, because we are notably hard to corrupt in terms of sex, money, etc. due to our strong beliefs against these things. So a large chunk of the FBI personnel are LDS folk for this reason.
"...thanks, I appreciate your company here, and I'm on your side too..." replied the goblin who was out to bring, both 501c3 religious hampering and 501c4 anonymous funding for political parties, out into the open for the christians to see it for the devil's work it was, adding "...so you are not allowed to speak out against the wars, the NSA, the NDAA and so many other things that weigh heavily upon the hearts of your congregation today, where no, this is not about one party or the other now as its both parties profiting from this situation still...", in fact, the goblin knew that for someone in the church to speak out it would be amazingly dangerous, yet the goblin imagined the person he was addressing not to be not a follower in christ but a leader in christ instead, smiling "...can you be that christian then, are you ready to throw off their yoke and speak out clearly even if that means rebuilding the church from zero surrendering all your earthly gains to the state now for a mere whip here but just maybe that might be a whip that you can then show to god on you judgment day..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:00 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 01:54 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

(and the troll turns up)

repost from elsewhere
Shut up fleamailman
"...not to worry xxxxx, in that I do understand that my posts can tax the brain somewhat, so instead, and just for you now, here's a nice link to someone more on your level then, kind of short on thought with a dash of dull too, so enjoy now, you can thank me latter if you like..." and the goblin in his kindness then added the link below together with a matching picture in case visitor was tied

recent posts by xxxx, click me

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:01 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 01:55 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

shut up fleamailman
the goblin thanked the parrot for his same repetitive comment once more, saying "...now for all you ornithologists out there, your day is made I believe, for here is a not rare enough chance to spot a bird whose posts are so pathetic that they even make xxxx's posts seem imaginative by comparison, yes that right then, something I bet everyone here thought nigh impossible then but not so it seems, so take it away parrot, amaze us with more squawks of nothingness please..."

210 3970 106157

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 05:55 AM..
Crump (08-03-2013), PickleBottom (08-01-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 02:54 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

(Sorry cannot help but post on your woes Flea, but this xxxx sounds like such a dipshit (for lack of better taxonomic term)... the kind of person who stands beside a person with an "I'm with stupid" t-shirt and has a t-shirt of their own with an arrow pointing to their face and the word "me")
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
Crump (08-04-2013), Loz (08-02-2013)
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

("...nah he's not the first as livewriters just collect them it seems..." smiled the goblin agreeing with pickle appraisal now, adding "...at least it gives me a chance to sharpen my pen upon him)

repost from the goblin's PM inbox

Read the sig. shut up @fleamailman
the goblin thanked the parrot for his email too, but alas no one really took the parrot seriously, so the parrot chirped away to draw attention to himself, whereupon the goblin just voiced to himself mostly that same old line, saying "...what you write writes you back, for on forumland one becomes whatever one posts...", yet the parrot couldn't see himself here ether, his fate was just to remain behind as a parrot then while those around him got better at posting

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:01 AM..
Crump (08-04-2013), PickleBottom (08-01-2013)
Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, new

"...well played, jats... well played, indeed..." the escape artist says, with a smirk, and quietly remembers the days of old when he would rather skip over the ramblings of the silly reptile than take the appropriate time to enjoy it's style. then again, his own method of posting has been simplistic, at best, which the realization leaves his smirk slowly shaping itself to a disappointing frown. 'i could have done better to make more thought provoking posts... much like him', he muses. but this isn't about that, he snaps to, and focuses on the chameleon's humor and charm. he quickly remembers his reptile friends encouragement and support when he's gone through the fire, and the frown quickly morphs to a smile. "... a clever and unique chap, indeed. i've seen your heart in your posts, and now i commend your wit..." the escape artist tips his imaginary hat and continues his workday...
"...give us another as you've good..." went the goblin seeing a poster apart from the usual soundbite crew here, adding "...so I guess most writers write in third person using narration because it's just so much more vividly portrays their vision than the dull posts they then do upon their writer's forums, and besides too, you yourself pointed out how much better you'd become if you kept at it, so think about it then, a writer's way with words, an illustrator's eye, and a know persona too, and all early days still, why who knows for in a few years time when more and more readers discover livewriting and conversing with livewriters, the whole thing might become big indeed...", not that the goblin himself ever cared to step out of his anonymity, only that he loved writing in posts and seeing what he could come up with in the time remaining, smiling "...you don't have to be like those around you, livewriters just accept that they are different..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:02 AM..
Old 08-02-2013, 02:04 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

"This fucking mongoloid still doesn't realize im not reading his shittastic posts." Said the parrot.
no one, not even the goblin himself, actually expected the parrot to read the livewriter's posts now, even if the parrot could read them then, at which point the goblin laughed aloud, asking "...and what does not being read by someone who can't post in his own right mean to me anyway, where even if he could read my posts, he'd still a parrot posting in parrot fashion that same line each time, so run along or stick around, you're not fooling anyone by your clinging to my shirt-tails now...", where to date it 347posts of polly parrot pure and simple

Crump (08-04-2013)
Old 08-02-2013, 02:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, new

and with that the goblin showed up clueless again, saying "...NN unbanned me recently so I'm squatting on Jats's thread there, where I can't join OT because I don't exist in real life, btw Jats's posts are ace but it's pointless comparing posters because we all have our moments, and yes anyone could adapt their posts to something a little bit more thought out than these soundbites around us, ah no, you should think about using forumland more to your advantage perhaps...", yet the hour was late where the fireworks upon this evening, switzerland's national day then, were all silenced by now, just a ticking clock that kept the goblin company in the nights warmth, smiling "...so take up your pen humans and try to catch it all in your own words, as no one ever says you must do more than soundbites, moreover they will laugh at you if you ever livewrite for real, yet I truly feel that the practice makes the poster, yes perhaps that's all in the end, but why just remain ever the same when you can actually improve your writing skills for their own sake alone..."

211 3975 106295

Old 08-02-2013, 01:14 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

"Do you fail to understand the purpose of a separation of church and state," inquired the Saint, "or do you disagree with it for some reason? - Setting aside both meanings of Christ's 'render unto Caesar' advice, what business has a religious organization wielding its holy leash in such a way as to guide the intellectually castrated down a path - politics - which is dedicatedly secular?" The Saint sighed. "Parishioners can vote, and individuals can meet to discuss issues. Maybe the more pointed question is: for what reason would an organization need the threat of god's wrath in order to advance a policy? - when sound reasoning will not suffice?" Thus spoke the Saint.
"...at last, a post I can get my teeth into, one beautifully rendered and inspiring too..." replied the goblin thinking upon the saint's post now, aware that the separation of church and state is not one where the church should hold no political opinions whatsoever upon state matters now, , adding "...it's like when I turn on the television and one gets anything but the actual news today, so I go into church and there too I get anything but the denouncement of evil doings of the state, so here I am on forumland instead just trying to get at what neither our muzzled church nor ourdearmedia can offer us, for what is a forum then, isn't it a place to discuss these matters now, and by it to regain the light of reason from darkness of blindly following those who can't comment..."

211 3976 106371

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 06:03 AM..
Crump (08-04-2013)
Old 08-03-2013, 05:34 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

Your posts don't make much sense to me...goblins and elder brother's leukemia?? Is there a point to being so cryptic other than to confound and bore people?
"...is that so now..." smiled the goblin wondering if it really was so difficult, continuing on anyway "...well you sound like someone who has a readership worth noting then, someone whose posts will show me just how posts should be written between us, so I'll tell you what then, just link me to a thread of yours that has at least 10,000hits to it, where if you can't then that too will show me that perhaps that your conjectures are based upon a false understanding of what readers on this forumland actually want to read here...", in fact, the goblin understood that what the reader wanted to read was met expectations, something that indeed bored the readers when they got what they themselves wanted, so the goblin merely pointed out the truth of it, saying "...readers are like a pack of wolves, one keeps them in sight enjoying their company for sure, but one never lets them come so close as to let them gobble you up in their dull expectations upon you, so link me to your thread, I'll see your track record by it..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:03 AM..
Old 08-03-2013, 05:43 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, continuation of the above

I'm curious, are all of your 1024 posts like this. Answer without referring to any goblin please or in third person, can you do that?
"...well, that why I like your curiosity human, where all of my post across forumland itself are as you see them now..." replied the goblin first thanking xxxxx for his fab post and then repeating that he only ever wrote in third person, adding a picture too, for a plausible reason here, explaining "...so your posts are what you make of them then, yet all these years pass and they are just as simplistic in the end as when you first started out, in short you should think more about your surroundings here, for example what is meant by being a persona of an alter-ego behind it upon a masked ball called forumland...", yet the goblin suspected that this would only wet xxxxx's curiosity even further if he was at all following now, where if he wasn't what would it matter then, as others would see themselves better when they thought over what it meant to be a persona here, adding "...oh, and xxxxx, for your own sake then, see if you can use narration and dialogue when addressing me, I mean I imagine you want to improve your ability somewhat where it won't happen otherwise, well not if you write repeatedly in the straight laced way most posters post upon these forums..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 06:06 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 12:25 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, about someone who had requested a permaban instead of just leaving

"...yes but none of that stuff is the real issue here..." repeated the goblin reminding everyone that the permaban tool, unless declared otherwise, is an insult to those who remain upon this forum, explaining "...if you just leave, then that's understandable as people often leave, but if you slam the door in a huff of so long suckers then that's an insult pure and simple, get it, I mean we shouldn't be now giving him the satisfaction of watching us hold an inquest over his departure, so let's party without him instead, for we're got a forum to build up now, not this sidetracking of ourselves over secondary considerations like whether those who are now gone were whatever then, because one thing is sure they're not'ever anymore..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 06:06 AM..
Crump (08-04-2013)
Old 08-04-2013, 01:03 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, new, the "can you tell how good a writer is by the posts on this forum" thread

Personally, in fiction I write in the voice of my characters, not my own. That makes my books vastly different from any forums/chats/emails I might write (I hope). I think it's true that authors put a lot of themselves into their writing, but to judge someone's writing based on their online personality? That seems a bit of a stretch.
"...often it's so sad to see a gaping gap between how imaginatively a writer writes in their own works and then how unimaginatively they then post in these posts..." mentioned the goblin who somehow understood, that if someone took an interest in an author, then they might come looking for that author upon this forumland here, moreover, if someone didn't know what to read next, then there again too they might be judging the author by the fluidity and imagination of their posts now, whereupon the goblin just smiled, saying "...an author who understands forumland's potential here doesn't hold his own posts in contempt, for here is not some wayside workshop for would-be writers, ah no, here increasingly is your showroom window for those readers there, where I have come to know your persona by your posts far more than I would have had I followed your links off to elsewhere, simply it's here then that you win over your readers now, or conversely it's here where you lose them to someone else instead..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:04 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Crump (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 254

Maybe most writers do this, write in different voices for different purposes I mean. A little while ago I wrote a short story in the first person from the pov of a postman, I once wrote another from the pov of a tree - it wouldn't be very easy to respond on this thread from the pov of a tree. I've long thought that fleamailman's voice is that of a ventriloquist, as if the goblin was a puppet in the hands of a puppeteer. A ventriloquist's dummy can be more provocative, more outspoken, more adversarial perhaps, than the ventriloquist himself could ever be. For some strange reason we do not fully associate the dummy's utterances with the ventriloquist, and so it is with the goblin in some way. I respect fleamailman's choice of this voice and I understand that having chosen it he must then persevere with it or the spell would be broken - much as an actor addressing the audience directly can breach the 'fourth wall'. And so he cannot reveal himself and still maintain the character he has created but he could maintain, and may indeed already maintain, alternate identities on this and other forums. But what seems odd to me is the way that some moronic types expect a writer to somehow emerge from the persona they occupy, as if, underneath, there is some different intelligence lurking. Of course there isn't, you idiots - don't you know that when you address the dummy you are really speaking to the ventriloquist?

Our own right hand the chains must shiver.

Last edited by Crump; 08-05-2013 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: missing question mark
The Following User Says Thank You to Crump For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-05-2013)
Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

Maybe most writers do this, write in different voices for different purposes I mean. A little while ago I wrote a short story in the first person from the pov of a postman, I once wrote another from the pov of a tree - it wouldn't be very easy to respond on this thread from the pov of a tree. I've long thought that fleamailman's voice is that of a ventriloquist, as if the goblin was a puppet in the hands of a puppeteer. A ventriloquist's dummy can be more provocative, more outspoken, more adversarial perhaps, than the ventriloquist himself could ever be. For some strange reason we do not fully associate the dummy's utterances with the ventriloquist, and so it is with the goblin in some way. I respect fleamailman's choice of this voice and I understand that having chosen it he must then persevere with it or the spell would be broken - much as an actor addressing the audience directly can breach the 'fourth wall'. And so he cannot reveal himself and still maintain the character he has created but he could maintain, and may indeed already maintain, alternate identities on this and other forums. But what seems odd to me is the way that some moronic types expect a writer to somehow emerge from the persona they occupy, as if, underneath, there is some different intelligence lurking. Of course there isn't, you idiots - don't you know that when you address the dummy you are really speaking to the ventriloquist?
musing upon what Crump words, suspecting that it was just how Crump had related it then, the goblin also understood now that his dailylife self too was a dummy of sorts, sighing "...just I do what is expected of me, either because at my age one can't do otherwise, or just because in my position others are dependent upon my doing as expected, so it's just a role that acts out its dailylife the for most part, a compromise for sure...", so it was to this forumland then that the goblin came for his escape, and yet he knew that if he wanted to write in third person, giving his alter-ego full sway here, he would have to choose some persona for himself where this goblin persona originally came from his computer workshop days, even if later it had just lent itself itself well to his temperament while writing here of rebelling against that dailylife dummy act, smiling "...perhaps then, the ventriloquists too is the second dummy in the act, as in the dailylife self and virtual self, and where perhaps both dummies were ever representations of some alter-ego who remained elusive behind them..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:05 AM..
Crump (08-08-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 01:24 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, the "how do you view the world as a writer" thread

at which point the goblin just showed up again after another day pleasurably idled away upon so much insignificance, saying "...well I guess I myself view this world of writing as one of posting as if on a journey to self here, where at times I simply forget that I am anonymous and that none of any of this really matters, no I'm just a persona of an alter-ego behind it, where the writings are like footprints that show me of myself, that's all, just a journey to self is how I view it...", "...goblin, when you quite finished intellectualizing for at moment here, can I just remind you that either they're not going to understand a word that you're saying..." went the slot actually offering constructive criticism he felt, continuing "...or conversely that they will understand what you're saying then only had wished that it was all some unexplained mystery still, just that those humans are silly creatures who always want to spoil the mystery with some rational explanation, and with writertypes even moreso, for no they shouldn't try to explain themselves away like that, for it's never a plot where it is all so predictable..."

Crump (08-08-2013)
Old 08-07-2013, 01:57 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, the "how do you view the world as a writer" thread

"...well what you write writes you back I suppose, so the writertype might indeed have started out looking at this world as some sane human would, though later I suppose it all went hideously wrong when they started to write about what they saw, and just look at them now all stuck to their chairs like so many potted plants..." ventured the goblin, adding "...so then, do they see this world as a potted plant does I wonder, yes one might well ask oneself that question, and no I'm not sure neither, but I do know this much, that it's quite useless asking those writertypes themselves where it's probably better to ask the potted plants instead, and so, if there are any potted plants out there reading this post now, I do sympathize about their crashing in upon your act each time where it must be most disconcerting indeed, but do let me know your answer whenever you feel like spilling the beans as to how you put with them here..."

Crump (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 12:24 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

"Then your point is taken," conceded the Saint, "however I submit to you that rather than a muzzling of the church, a peace offering is the tax-exempt status provided by the 501(c)3 provision." xxxxx mused and chewed a bite of meat, then smiled - but only with his lips, not with his eyes; "perhaps an institution which would opt for tax-exempt status ought consider itself a ward of the state, thereby presenting an inherent conflict of interest by commenting on its workings." After a sip of wine: "thus, should a church find that the spreading of 'news' is more important than retaining all of the nickels and dimes given it in good faith, the church may simply opt to pay its taxes, like every other for-profit organization in the land, hence retaining a freedom to opine as it sees fit. Kindly recall that there is no requirement that a church maintain tax-exempt status." xxxxx basked in his saintly glow and the warmth of his drink. "Verily I say unto thee, goblin," ... and a pause ... "if thy objection to this exchange, tax exemption for a restrained tongue, orbits around a point of principle, whereon it is your belief that one should cleave to one's money at all cost (-and I hope you will pardon the pun-), then perhaps we should discuss the 'render unto Caesar' direction as provided by the Nazarene himself... if..." enquired the Saint, raising an eyebrow, "...you consider yourself to be a follower of his?"
"...the trouble is that if a church were to give up its 501c3 status, it would mean that its assets would then be divided up amongst those other churches that remained under the state yoke now..." replied the goblin who simply understood that it would entail too great a loss for the church to ever opt out, adding "...so the church's acquiescence is thus bought by the state, and thus your church cannot speak its mind, yet me, I'd like my church to finally speak out today upon the evil doings of the state...", "...never going to happen goblin..." went those voices in the background again, "...yet I won't acquiesce here if I call myself a christian now..." replied the goblin to those voices

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:06 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere

prosperity gospel only works because of preferential insider business practices
"...happens is all walks of life then, and not just in the sects of churches..." voiced the goblin seeing that it could just as well happen in secular situations such as educational or governmental circles too, adding "...simply the competition sets the going rate and then those that one can trust are entrusted with the work..." in fact, the goblin didn't even hold 501c3 against the church really, only that he felt that it was the duty of the church to then inform its flock as of its pact with the state here, adding "...for if the church doesn't inform it's flock, then that flock will become increasingly disappointed over it's not speaking out against the evil doings of the state, simply it needs of admit its acquiescence openly...", "...never going to happen goblin..." went those voices once more and somehow too the goblin knew they were correct in their presumption, where just he whispered back "...it's domine, quo vadis then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:06 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 01:17 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost from elsewhere, the "can you tell how good a writer is by their posts on this forum" thread

at which point the goblin returned, read through the various arguments upon the right way for an author to tackle his work/s, and then somehow felt it best to return to the PO's original topic here, that of "can you tell how good a writers is by their posts upon this forum" by first addressing the reader here in this context, asking "...um..., hello dear reader, oh and welcome to our writersbeat forum, where you get this wonderful opportunity to meet these writers directly here, well then, now that you've seen the posts on this thread, and met those who post them, I bet you can now tell a lot about them from their posts, um..., by any chance would you like your money back perhaps, and do you now wish you hadn't actually learned the truth about what you had suspected all along, and moreover, do think they come up with a cure in your lifetime, where no doubt you're comments no doubt will by most welcome and appreciated by all concerned about their evident decline into dire poverty...", in fact, the goblin was known for his wish to help all humans out and even linked a stream to prove it now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWt701-vU6k

211 3987 106935

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-22-2014 at 06:18 AM..
Crump (08-10-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 05:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

repost form elsewhere, that "can you tell how good a writer is by their post on this forum" thread again

You went about it in an unnecessarily verbose, obnoxious way but you do have a point. Ceded.
"...nah, that's nothing, just wait till you read my other posts then, yes total obnoxious verbosity done to a tee with a dash of flippancy too, where indeed...,
This is where I stopped reading. My eyes started crossing. Sorry.
"...nah, only 3% of you americans read books anyway.." smiled the goblin, adding "...just everyone is on social networks instead today, so does this bode ill for you writertypes here, not really, well not if you come up with something readable upon these social networks too, where me, I do posts for readers on forumland where as you know I have so many readers on so many forums that it equals if not surpasses many of you writers now...", at which point the goblin turned to xxxxx wondering if he knew what thumb texting was, explaining "...what do think is the format that most young people are daily reading, a mere 3% of well written books or a vast 99% of thumb texted messages instead..", but the goblin, as a livewriter writing in post, he was not fighting the writertypes here, no he was merely being pragmatic in the face of a now encroaching reality today, saying "...no, I really want to be read upon forumland, only that if I were ever to write long hand with punctuation most readers would hand their cellphones over to their parents asking for a summery in a modern day language akin to thumb texting perhaps, so enjoy my world human..."

211 106,977

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:07 AM..
Crump (08-10-2013)
Old 08-09-2013, 08:47 PM
a4et2n (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 180

"So really, I agree and disagree with you depending on the time," he said over a bottle, "because you know that there is an unspoken rule that the daytime is only for the cynics and the world-weary and we only speak then in laconic grunts to reassert our dominance in the grand scheme of nothing. And that is fine. That is life and then, I find you an overblown idiot.

"But sometimes at night, when I've had a bit too much to drink or when I've taken too many of those magic candy pills or when I have a line of Proust stuck in my brain like a needle and I look up into an uncluttered sky, I see what you must have instinctively known to be true. I look up and I see that no, no all of the lovely science and atheism and reason are all wrong and there is a God and my very extant soul is pressed right against His very extant soul and in fact, there is no division. Rather, I am the nameless deity that the institutions now pray to, who is the same as the pantheon that the pagans sacrificed to, who is the same as the faces reproduced deep below the ground against wet walls.

"And with a thought, I may resurrect the glory of Rome or lay waste to your imagined modern decadence or press the Earth deep into the Sun, so that it is pressurized and bent into something hideous and malformed and set it in the dark vacuum like a diamond. It is then, when I feel the height of that vast apathetic love, that I agree with you and think of myself as something special."

I couldn't see his eyes in the poor lighting, but I could see his lips and chin. They hung open and there was a thin trail of either drool or whiskey. I said, "Fuck. You're drunk."
fleamailman (08-09-2013)
Old 08-10-2013, 01:26 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,062

("...you don't post often enough a4..." went the goblin, adding "...but when you do, it's a gem that has me admiring your cut and sparkle...")

repost from elsewhere

could be that books (most of them) are abominably boooooring? Are there any worth reading? Seeeeriously? Kinda' "shallow" and without "layers", aren't they? ...'tis a shame tho'.....maybe there's no "hunger" for it.....when i used to read books, it was like watching a movie, and i HAD to read the entire book through in one sitting cuz if i didn't it was like missing the end of a movie....i HAD to see what happened up till the end. I was so engrossed in "being" in that book that i was oblivious to ev'rything else around me. I lived n' breeeeathed it. Aah, perhaps you are on a mission to awaken the sleeping "hunger" of book lovers who've forgotten they love books?
"...yes you're right xxxxx in your way where those books were once so much fun..." replied the goblin who had turned up looking for xxxxx's reply because its notification hadn't arrived in his email-inbox adding "...only that today everyone steadfastly pays so much lip-service to reading books, while simply one goes through one's day and rarely does one see anyone reading a book, even an ebook anymore, instead one sees so many people either texting on their cellphones or typing upon their laptops...", so this then was why the goblin had wanted to create some livewriting sphere upon forumland with short interactive content that the reader could get directly involved in, delving in narration dialogue and illustration where need be, smiling "...blogs are in part an answer to this new requirement perhaps though they all seem to talk down to their readers as in "my blog mortals, do read it then" with everyone else commenting from some observer status, hence my trying to write in posts as some livewriter might, where my reasons are many now, but not least amongst those reasons is that real imaginative posts from both those writertypes and more normal people too, is what I actually want to read today, where I'm just a product of this medium in the times we live in, so feed me now..."

211 3990 107187

Last edited by fleamailman; 04-12-2014 at 02:07 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
a4et2n (08-10-2013), Crump (08-17-2013), PickleBottom (08-21-2013)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe