WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues

Writing Help & Issues You name it, we solve it! Ask your questions here.

The Novel Exchange - Beta Readers connect here!

Old 09-01-2013, 06:48 AM
FutureFootball (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 44

Originally Posted by Beccapuddytat View Post
Not sure if you were meaning me or not FutureFootball. LOL so I thought
I would take a chance and answer anyways The first book has more of a romantic aspect then the others, though I would not call it a romance novel. The second book in the trilogy is more of a journey. Its essentially about 3 species the Gifted, the Eldon and the Shanis. that have been locked in a feud that has been raging on for centuries. The Promised one 'Kay' comes back to her people the Shanis and the books are her journey of finding her destiny, saving her people and sifting through all the lies.
Most have missed this post. I'll read and provide feedback if you like. You can send me word format copy: rockygrede @ gmail.com

Can't give no time frame on when I'll be done, but I'll be as quick as I can

The Following User Says Thank You to FutureFootball For This Useful Post:
Beccapuddytat (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Beccapuddytat (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Beccapuddytat

Originally Posted by FutureFootball View Post
Most have missed this post. I'll read and provide feedback if you like. You can send me word format copy: rockygrede @ gmail.com

Can't give no time frame on when I'll be done, but I'll be as quick as I can
Thank you. I sent it over. Thank you very much.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:00 AM
FutureFootball (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 44

Got it.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:19 PM
RS McCoy (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 3
Default In need of Beta Readers

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to post this, but here it goes. If anyone should know of a better category, please let me know!

I am looking for a few more Beta Readers for my adult fantasy novel.

Here's a few sentences to give you an idea of the story:

Lark Davies, a young man from a desperate village, has been harboring a secret ability to read minds. He enters a journey to learn how to master his abilities, but along the way learns that those abilities make him valuable to a world scrambling for power.

Please reply here or PM me if you are interested!
Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Eliza (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 11

Ok I am game.The story is completed but I am changing things around so I am still in the middle of fixing things to make sure the timeline works. I have at least 12 chapters one could read.
Book title: Reise
Length: 111,149 but I wouldn't be sending the whole thing.
Genre: YA, future pop culture sci-fi
Feed Back: What ever pops into your head when you read it. What wiggles in your brain to be spoken about.
I am basically willing to read anything as long as it is in English. I like it all at various times. If you tell me what you want me to look for I can. I read over a lot of research articles.
Warning: I am a lousy speller and I know this. I write fiction as I speak, so I have to do a lot of editing to make it an enjoyable read and that is my goal for people to enjoy reading it and talk about it.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Eliza (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 11

Also please email it to me because I am not online a lot sometimes and other times I am online all day. Please send it to authorelizajane@gmail.com. I understand I will send it to you from here through the private messaging right.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:19 AM
CandyCane (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 195

Looking for a beta reader for my novel Two Worlds, its 83, 000 words, and is an erotic, romantic fantasy. It does contain graphic scenes of a sexual nature, including BDSM.

Tarina, a head-strong young woman, finds herself transported to Veridon, a world where men are the weaker sex. With the realm being decimated by an evil force, the Quantrix, she is needed to take her place as queen, and help defend the lives of those around her. When she discovers that sexual domination and submission, are the norm, not the exception, the relationship she wants becomes more complicated. She must gain control of her magic, fight for the man she loves, and ensure she is ready to face the Quantrix.

I'm looking for information, on whether you can connect to the characters, on the story arc, and how the scenes make you feel.
Happy to read most genres in return, not a big fan of war stories etc
Old 05-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Simon Billinton (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Hello,

My girlfriend is trying to get into the publishing industry with a long term goal of editing. She has started with work experience and internships but I made a casual suggestion about maybe getting some direct experience of editing fiction.

The offer would be to edit/beta-read your work (for free). The main interest for her is to acquire some editing experience, to feel the mindset of the role and to have feedback on what's she's done so that she can learn and develop.
If you were interested, I guess the best thing would be for her to have a look at sample chapters of your work, give her thoughts and you could then judge if she could offer you something useful, even if it's just a second pair of eyes.

So I'm here to gauge interest for her really as she wasn't convinced that people would be interested. I'm hoping she's wrong! If you have any questions or thoughts, please let me know.

Thanks,

Simon.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:15 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 491

Hello Simon. Have your girlfriend come on board the Beat and let the people here get to know her voice. She can perhaps gain valuable experience practicing the editing craft in the write here section and reading the SPaG Ninjas offering to members.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bagit For This Useful Post:
Tau (05-06-2014), Whiskers (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Simon Billinton (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Thanks, Bagit, that's good advice. I'll suggest that to her
Old 07-18-2014, 12:31 AM
Thewritingkid (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 12

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY?!

Ok, I've calmed down.
Anyway, I would like to exchange with people, though my writing isn't exactly a 'novel.' It is too long to be posted in the fiction threads in one piece, though I don't think it qualifies as a full length novel. I have written a bunch of stories that are in the same universe and form a kind of 'story arc,' would anyone be willing to read it? I still need to finish them, it may take a few months.

Genre: Superhero, fantasy/sci-fi, though mainly sci-fi.
Length: As I stated before, I think the group of stories together may form a complete length novel, hopefully.
Plot: Strange things have been happening in Repelen. The first came with the plant-based attacks on the city. Now there are whisperings of something, some item that can give people, dubbed Posthumans, extraordinary powers. Can a group of children with abilities of their own stop who is behind it?
Notes: Yes, the protagonists are children in the 11-13 range, and yes, they do get into battles. I just wanted to point that out. It's YA I guess, with some cursing, perhaps some graphic descriptions, etc.
As for what I would read, I prefer things within the same kind of genre, though I wouldn't say no to mysteries, thrillers, and historical fictions.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Escriber* (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 120
Default The Novel Exchange- Beta Readers

Great news. I will remember to direct other membes to the exchange.

Will do.
No despair- it is the Decision.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:29 PM
FX Lord (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 42

Originally Posted by Thewritingkid View Post
HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY?!

Ok, I've calmed down.
Anyway, I would like to exchange with people, though my writing isn't exactly a 'novel.' It is too long to be posted in the fiction threads in one piece, though I don't think it qualifies as a full length novel. I have written a bunch of stories that are in the same universe and form a kind of 'story arc,' would anyone be willing to read it? I still need to finish them, it may take a few months.

Genre: Superhero, fantasy/sci-fi, though mainly sci-fi.
Length: As I stated before, I think the group of stories together may form a complete length novel, hopefully.
Plot: Strange things have been happening in Repelen. The first came with the plant-based attacks on the city. Now there are whisperings of something, some item that can give people, dubbed Posthumans, extraordinary powers. Can a group of children with abilities of their own stop who is behind it?
Notes: Yes, the protagonists are children in the 11-13 range, and yes, they do get into battles. I just wanted to point that out. It's YA I guess, with some cursing, perhaps some graphic descriptions, etc.
As for what I would read, I prefer things within the same kind of genre, though I wouldn't say no to mysteries, thrillers, and historical fictions.
Have you actually finished your writing? I have a 25,000 word novella that I could do with trading with someone. It is a fantasy and a drama. But could do with swopping with someone who has a finished piece.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
urntme (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 61

FX Lord, I have a 18k word Experimental/humor novella that I'd like to exchange with someone. If you're interested we could both do an exchange.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:45 AM
FX Lord (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 42

Originally Posted by urntme View Post
FX Lord, I have a 18k word Experimental/humor novella that I'd like to exchange with someone. If you're interested we could both do an exchange.
Sorry my friend, it's published. I posted that message back in July. Then someone suggested I try critters.org but in the end I just decided to leave it as it was, it was only a practice novella that I was going to give away for free anyway.

I doubt you'll find anyone here to read your work - I didn't.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:33 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 404

when did this thread come back to life?

just to get started, I'm going to look through some of my stuff and see if I can find something I'm will to take the chance with. if you have something in a like genre and size then lets talk.

I'll post your choices later today when I know what they are.

Max
Old 09-27-2014, 08:36 AM
SavannaPeterson (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 53

Originally Posted by max crash View Post
when did this thread come back to life?

just to get started, I'm going to look through some of my stuff and see if I can find something I'm will to take the chance with. if you have something in a like genre and size then lets talk.

I'll post your choices later today when I know what they are.

Max

I'm not a pro, but I like the way you write. I would enjoy reading and providing you feedback if you think it would help.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:02 AM
max crash (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 404

everything helps

I get that list ready

Max
Old 11-16-2014, 10:47 AM
Agatha Christie (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 64
Default If you like to critique:

Just completed a 40,000 word story for anyone who is interested in looking through and giving me feedback of any kind.

TITLE : Loyal Heart.
Pitch: Supermarket deliveryman, Roger Farley, is indecisive to the point of exasperation. Wife,Jen, fed up with making all the decisions, insists on a trial separation. Will he win her back.

Genre: Romance, humour, mystery, relationship intrigue.

If you are interested please private message me and I will give you a link to read as much as you want. Thanks. Julie
Old 12-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Pat Angelo (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Anyone else want to exchange a novel with me?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:58 PM
colonelscout312 (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

The Legend of the Vanguard Book 1: The Rise of the Vanguard
Fantasy
I'd like a full on review. I'll read pretty much anything that isn't above PG-13, and isn't horror or romance. Preferably sci-fi, fantasy, or an action thriller.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2015, 09:18 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230
Default I'm thinking of doing this. Here's mine, what's yours

Chemistry, open mind, rating, style and subject matter are important to me, and should be to you.

I need a grammar check on The Gimps, a novella (23,997 words), R rated for implied sex, raw violence and lots of profanity. The style is hardboiled, noir, hard hitting, in your face fiction.

Duke and Lulu fall in love but must fight for their lives to quit the wild side of life. Duke is a collector for a loan shark. Lulu is a whore. The both work for the same bad Rocky. Duke loses half a leg Rocky's chainsaw. Lulu loses her toes. In the adventure, the adopt a three legged dog, Snowball. That's why I titled it The Gimps.

Check out my feedbacks to others to evaluate my potential to meet your needs.

It seems to me that a liking of this style of fiction would be desirable but not required. If someone can foresee being offended, then you should't trade with me, because you definitely will be.

If interested, spend a little time telling me about yourself and the project you want to trade.

Have a nice writing day.

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:25 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

hi. Take a look at the post I just made and see if she'd be interested. I'm interested in helping.

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:27 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

Max. Please give me a heads up when you post the list.

Have a nice writing day.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:29 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

Howdy. Please review the post I just made. Let's talk.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:33 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

Howdy CandiCane. Odd. I used to know a lady who called herself that.

Please check out my post. Then let's talk. Thanks.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:37 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

Howdy. Please check out my post Then let's talk via Pm. Thanks.
Have a nice writing day.

Last edited by wrc; 08-18-2015 at 09:39 PM..
Old 08-18-2015, 09:44 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

please check out my post (similar to yours). Then let's talk.

Have a wonderful day writing.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:50 PM
longknife (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 89

I've just about given up on seeking beta readers. I offer to read theirs if they read mine and on consciously do.

I send it back and then - Nothing! Absolute silence. As if they've fallen off the face of the earth.

How many times has that happened to you?

The history of the California missions

Life in the military and general ramblings
Old 08-19-2015, 10:18 PM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

I haven't done it. Thinking of trying it.

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues