WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback

Members' Feedback Suggestions, complaints, requests, questions, protests, etc.

Dear Crowdgather,

Old 07-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
Yeah, what the hell!

What does it take to get people to do one's bidding sans compensation?

This is exactly why slavery was invented.

Although I did unsolicitly garner an avatar pic.
Simply logged on and it was there.

Yea, and mysterious are the ways of the internet.

Verily.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:20 PM
CandraH

Yes of course, asking for help with a forum issue from the staff, getting tired of the deliberate obfuscation and lack of response, and repeatedly asking for said response in an increasingly impatient and irate manner makes me a fucking slave driver.

This is why I don't use forums anymore. Trapped in a room with a bunch of random strangers more interested in playing look how clever I am games and picking fights for the fucking boredom alleviation than paying attention to each other and interacting like sane fucking human beings. I don't have time for this fucking shit.

You know what. Fuck it. I'm done. I cant keep coming back here to see more ego-platforming fucking soliloquising in place of actual conversation. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of sane replies I've had to posts since I came back here.

Count me out.

To whoever is in charge here, please delete my account. Now. No questions, no discussions. I don't need the headfuck, so you all can carry on regardless.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (07-06-2017)
Old 07-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by CandraH View Post
Yes of course, asking for help with a forum issue from the staff, getting tired of the deliberate obfuscation and lack of response, and repeatedly asking for said response in an increasingly impatient and irate manner makes me a fucking slave driver.

This is why I don't use forums anymore. Trapped in a room with a bunch of random strangers more interested in playing look how clever I am games and picking fights for the fucking boredom alleviation than paying attention to each other and interacting like sane fucking human beings. I don't have time for this fucking shit.

You know what. Fuck it. I'm done. I cant keep coming back here to see more ego-platforming fucking soliloquising in place of actual conversation. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of sane replies I've had to posts since I came back here.

Count me out.

To whoever is in charge here, please delete my account. Now. No questions, no discussions. I don't need the headfuck, so you all can carry on regardless.

I suppose this could mean we will never regain enhanced control of our avatar presentation function.

And I, in the past, really entertained myself by changing them around to echo pieces as they were posted.

But I can see now that what happens here isn't always going to be all about me.

Hey.
When did that happen?
Old 07-06-2017, 04:16 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

Count me out.

If you post up a short story or piece of writing I would be happy to respond with something meaningful. I've read your work and it would be a pleasure to read and comment again.

But if you're more interested in complaining about the site controls I can't help you.

I do enjoy all the cussing and 'fuck you' attitude, though. I really do.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:48 AM
Myers (Online)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 334

Sometimes it's easier to get things done if you use the magic words...
Old 07-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 641

I just checked and everything is working fine now. Thanks for sorting it.

Though, one further niggle. I decided to check my profile, which is working btw, and tried changing my avatar. I know you guys have a 19.5 kb limit and a 75x75 pixel limit for avatar sizes. I used to get away with slightly bigger files if I kept the dimensions small, or vice versa if I kept the file small, but now, I cant do either. So, I cant update my avatar because if I make the picture dimensions 75 pixels square, the site wont let me use it because its a couple kbs over the limit. Kind of restrictive, and maybe why other people are also having problems? Might be worth raising one of those limits to allow a wider variety of file/image sizes.
For future reference to others : I really had to go back and read this post by post to find this.

If you have an issue, the easiest way to see it is if you pm me about it. I can't guarantee fixes, but I usually can do something in a day or two. If a request gets buried in in-thread banter I might not see it.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

[QUOTE=Mohican

If you have an issue, pm me about it.

[/QUOTE]

DU-UH.

Those that wanna hang
you can't get rid of them

Those that wanna go
you can't hang onto them

Now about my avatar ...
Old 07-07-2017, 10:04 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Sometimes it's easier to get things done if you use the magic words...

Rumplestiltskin?
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 641

DU-UH.

Those that wanna hang
you can't get rid of them

Those that wanna go
you can't hang onto them

Now about my avatar ...
You like Avatar?
You no like Avatar?

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Mohican View Post
You like Avatar?
You no like Avatar?

I would prefer a picture of the Tesla Model 3.

But I ain't complainin'.

Just airin' my druther.
Old 07-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

I would prefer a picture of the Tesla Model 3.

But I ain't complainin'.

Just airin' my druther.

Like maybe one of the God's eye views that illustrate the continuous windshield, roof, rear window feature.

Not to be too picky.
Just sayin'.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 641

So who wants a new avatar?

Old 07-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Myers (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 334

They took 'er jerbs!
Old 07-08-2017, 02:09 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

So who wants a new avatar?

What's he pointing at?
Old 07-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
What's he pointing at?

Do you realize he is left handed?
Old 07-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 355

Do you realize he is left handed?
Aw, Nick -- you can't really be inferring what I think you're inferring, can you? (I'm even-handed, meaning I can switch off smoothly, but most people use their dominant hand. Or so I'm told.)
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Aw, Nick -- you can't really be inferring what I think you're inferring, can you? (I'm even-handed, meaning I can switch off smoothly, but most people use their dominant hand. Or so I'm told.)

Hand dominance is the only type (of dominance) I will tolerate.

And once I learned both hands (at the same time) was unusual my shower time doubled.

Sorry, kids.
Felt the urge to come clean.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

I am also ambidextrous and so are three of my five sisters and two of my three kids. Must be genetic.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:49 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

I am ambidextrous

All two armed bipeds are.
They learned it from walking with both legs.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:06 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 641

So Nick, are you saying you want me to replace your Tesla with Lefty?

Old 07-15-2017, 12:30 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

So Nick, are you saying you want me to replace your Tesla with Lefty?
An interior pic of a left side of road (think England here) ready M3 (the steering wheel would be on the right side) would be quite spectacular. But I do not believe they are in production yet.

So I am very happy with what I have now.

And thanks.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

I am also ambidextrous and so are three of my five sisters and two of my three kids. Must be genetic.
Ambidextrous is not even-handed. I should have said, "...in spite of my even-handedness, I can switch off smoothly...". It's you ambidextrous folks who are naturally smooth-switching, us even-handed folk have to learn it from both sides, as we can't do naturally with our left hands what we normally do with our right, and we can't do naturally with our right hands what we normally do with our left.

Or is that too much information?
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,262

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Ambidextrous is not even-handed. I should have said, "...in spite of my even-handedness, I can switch off smoothly...". It's you ambidextrous folks who are naturally smooth-switching, us even-handed folk have to learn it from both sides, as we can't do naturally with our left hands what we normally do with our right, and we can't do naturally with our right hands what we normally do with our left.

Or is that too much information?
On the one hand it does seem like a great deal of info but on the other hand ...
Old 07-16-2017, 07:13 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

Being really ambidextrous is a pain in the ass. I can't tell right from left without considerable thought and end up with muscle memory in alternating body parts without any rhyme or reason.

Pool stick: left
Gun: left
Writing: right
Kicking: left
Fork: right
Spoon: left
Batting: either
Jacking off: right
Boxing: southpaw
Guitar: right (cheaper)

And if you tell me something you have to say it twice so both sides get it.😀
Old 07-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 355

And if you tell me something you have to say it twice so both sides get it.��
But do both sides take it the same way?

(Edited to keep the quote police at bay)

Last edited by Prodigalson; 07-17-2017 at 09:30 AM..
Old 07-16-2017, 09:42 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 831

Both sides take it the same. Unless... between the telling I've drunk a gallon of beer.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:51 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 202

both sides take it differently. after all, ur not ambidextrous are you brainy? by the way, brian, you're officially my brainy patty.

💭
Old 07-26-2017, 01:37 AM
Leila (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 38

Count me out.

I know how Candra felt. This place is just a clique now!
Old 07-26-2017, 01:45 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,029

Originally Posted by Leila View Post
I know how Candra felt. This place is just a clique now!
There's only a small handful of regulars Leila.

Not much choice but to swim in the same small circles.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Myers (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 334

I really thought she must be joking -- but it looks she's deleted her work.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Members' Feedback