WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

How many book have you written.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Neal Ranzoni (Offline)
Official Member

Icon1

I am just curious of the following questions. I hope everyone can answer them.

1. How many books have you written?
2. Are you published by a company or self published?
3. How many books are you currently working on?
4. How many issues would you say you have sold to date total among all your books.
5. Do you think indirectly I am trolling you?

A. 0 completed I am working on my first 1.

A. Since I have not completed the first book I am non published. But I will go self publishing and self promoting.

A. 1 book currently. I have some ideas for the next book. The next book may be a new version of the bible. 1 that is not a train wreck.

4. How many issues would you say you have sold to date total among all your books.
A. Ironically I have payment in hand for 1 book and more people waiting to order. This alone should be a motivation to complete the book.

A. I can see where this could be seen as trolling. Or maybe you are sizing up the trolls to see who to take serious and who is just a troll.

Last edited by Tau; 03-18-2012 at 03:55 AM.. Reason: Moved to the right section, and merged double posts, please read the FAQ.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Dela Eden (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 168
Send a message via Yahoo to Dela Eden

1) 2
2) Neither, in two competitions at the moment, but as soon as my second book is out of them both I'm taking up the self-publishing route that's available to me.
3) 6, 5 fiction, 1 non-fiction special book.
4) Not sold any yet, but I have a lot of eager friends
5) No.
The primary purpose of writing fiction, and then publishing what you have written, is not merely to show off … but to entertain the first and second reader, the first reader being you and the second reader being every other person who ever comes alone to what you have written — George V. Higgins
You know you want to -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

Two and three-quarters, plus two more ideas set on the back burner and a novella in the works.

On Kindle within the next year, self.

One, though I'm known to actively work on two full projects at a time, plus articles.

Oddly, I have about eight pre-orders for my upcoming novel, but really none sold yet.

Depends.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Devon; 03-18-2012 at 09:19 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 10:01 AM
AnyaKimlun (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,456

1-complete, 3 completed to first draft, 2 on rewrites, 1 being edited

2. Are you published by a company or self published
Neither - only been writing two years.

According to my answer to one six lol Currently two one I am preparing for a submission and one I am writing.

Do you work for a self publishing company ?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Neal Ranzoni (Offline)
Official Member

Icon7 Not a publishing company of any form.

I just started writing in January. I should have my teaser on Amazon this week and the completed book should follow soon. I have decided to release the book in 2-3 parts as it goes to build interest in Kindle format then when its complete also offer the completed version and start looking at self publishing the book as a real book also.

I am lucky enough to have a few people interested in a completed version right now so who knows, Maybe this book writing thing may be my new career move.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:44 AM
namelessfinder (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

None. But I'm working on two right now.

Not yet published, but I'm thinking of going for a company.

Two books.

None at all.

Meh.

(formerly Book of Entries). A Blog.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 933

I have lost count...LOL

Oops I did not see the rest of the questions..haha
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind

Last edited by Nacia; 03-29-2012 at 09:50 PM..
Old 03-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Redlorry

Three: My trunk novel, my novel currently seeking agent representation, the sequal currently undergoing the editing process. I have also recently compelted a joint written novel and last year, with another writing partner a joint written novella.

I have over 20 short stories all published with various different publishers. e-zines, e-books, anthologies etc.

No new work in progress just editing.

I couldn't possibly say as I know about those which sell individually, not in anthologies or e-zines

Having read your intro thread I think you are obsessed with trolls. I think you see trolls where no trolls exist. Furthermore, you are asking this question because your obsession has led to a visual manifestation of your own, unfounded fears every time you look in the mirror!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 AM
kiank (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 4
Send a message via Skype™ to kiank

None! unfortunately...
Neither. I've written a lot of articles/short stories for zines, blogs, magazines and academic journals, but that's it... nothing too interesting.
Just the one. I have a compilation of non-fiction short stories (with the same theme) on the go, too.
Oh you know.........none.
I feel a little berated after answering those, so maybe...
Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Neal Ranzoni (Offline)
Official Member

Originally Posted by Redlorry View Post

Having read your intro thread I think you are obsessed with trolls. I think you see trolls where no trolls exist. Furthermore, you are asking this question because your obsession has led to a visual manifestation of your own, unfounded fears every time you look in the mirror!
I sadly feel your writing has flooded on to the forum and even worse in to this answer. It was posted to lighten the mood. Since I assumed many that were bold enough to answer would be a little bummed with some of their answers and needed a little smile at the end.

I would suggest leaving the psychiatry to Freud.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:24 AM
Ethan Blake (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 347
Send a message via AIM to Ethan Blake Send a message via Skype™ to Ethan Blake

Four
Both. Novels are self published, several short stories and poetry have been accepted and published in various print and e-zines.
Two, one in final edit, and another in final draft.
312 in total. 35 (first novel) 7 (poetry book) 270 (second novel) as of 15th inst. (Amazons monthly acc. update). I bought eighteen of these myself for friends!
Do you think indirectly I am trolling you?
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
So far you don't meet the criteria!
Best regards
D

'THERE MAY BE TROUBLE AHEAD!'

The Following User Says Thank You to Ethan Blake For This Useful Post:
Neal Ranzoni (03-29-2012)
Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Neal Ranzoni (Offline)
Official Member

Icon6 Wow just wow

Nice work.

See I made the light note at the end with the trolling statement to get a few smiles not to get a mod to threaten to take action with a 10 day ban. Sadly a cute question went south fast.

I was watching videos on youtube there is a book out there 1,000 ways to promote your book. I am not a reader as most have noted. I am at best a raw rapper kind of writer as my guy in China put it. lol I will likely always self publish because the more I watch how publishers handle their new small time writers I am thinking I can do the same job and easily double the profit margins.

I will not say the author I am watching or his publishers name. I will just say it is nice watching from the safe zone and learning as he goes.

As for Book 1, 35 and then book 2, 270 any idea what made the sudden jump?

And lastly the answer to my "FUN QUESTION" was a great answer. It truly was to lighten the mood for those of us that have not finished a first book yet or simply have not made sales.

I appreciate everyone`s answers so far and I will continue to check in and see how the thread is going.

Thanks, Neal

Originally Posted by Ethan Blake View Post
Four
Both. Novels are self published, several short stories and poetry have been accepted and published in various print and e-zines.
Two, one in final edit, and another in final draft.
312 in total. 35 (first novel) 7 (poetry book) 270 (second novel) as of 15th inst. (Amazons monthly acc. update). I bought eighteen of these myself for friends!
Do you think indirectly I am trolling you?
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
So far you don't meet the criteria!
Best regards
D
Old 03-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Ethan Blake (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 347
Send a message via AIM to Ethan Blake Send a message via Skype™ to Ethan Blake
Icon10

As for Book 1, 35 and then book 2, 270 any idea what made the sudden jump?

Could have been a lot of things?
New Website, better marketing, different Genre, better writing, or maybe a culmination of all these points. If I knew what exactly, I'd maybe have some understanding of a buyers thinking and could tweak the process.
Best regards
D

'THERE MAY BE TROUBLE AHEAD!'

Old 04-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Davisstories (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 16

14 published or contracted so far.

An indie publisher named Champagne books

Working on 3 more at the moment
Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Atrelegis (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 11

Originally Posted by Neal Ranzoni View Post
1. Two. One in Greek, which is part of a trilogy I wish to make, the second one in English, called Stone Cold Countenance

2. I've only been published in a couple of Greek fanzines and I'm currently aiming to get published in an english magazine or anthology. I'm currently uploading Stone Cold Countenance on my blog (link below)

3. Just the one, then it's short stories for a while for me

4. None. The only one I've got out there is free.

5.No dude, you seem like an okay guy with okay questions, unless you made this post just to rub your success in our faces. I hope I can reply in the future with some numbers though...

Old 04-13-2012, 06:04 AM
CandraH

Originally Posted by Redlorry View Post

Originally Posted by Neal Ranzoni View Post
I sadly feel your writing has flooded on to the forum and even worse in to this answer. It was posted to lighten the mood. Since I assumed many that were bold enough to answer would be a little bummed with some of their answers and needed a little smile at the end.

I would suggest leaving the psychiatry to Freud.
You'll have missed the humour in Lorry's post then. Maybe if she added another twenty six tongue in cheek trolly smileys, you might get it.

Originally Posted by Atrelegis View Post
5.No dude, you seem like an okay guy with okay questions, unless you made this post just to rub your success in our faces. I hope I can reply in the future with some numbers though...
If one uncompleted book counts as a success, we might as well all call ourselves successful.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:23 PM
The Unseen Page (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

No to all of them actually. I write mostly for fun and coping reasons.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe