WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

let's talk

Old 07-30-2018, 05:25 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Originally Posted by E. Zamora View Post
Seemed more like some creativity frustrated suburban hipster who drives a Subaru.

Probably eats sushi...

Old 07-30-2018, 05:39 PM
E. Zamora (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 158

Oh no, sushi is old hat. He's probably gone through tapas and has moved on to pho restaurants at this point.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:15 PM
Konan (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 89

For me, definitely Cityboy (Shelly). He comes off totally emotionally unstable in forum discussions, which would be interesting to encounter in person. But he's claimed he is pretty quiet in person. So maybe he's more a persona (like fleamailman talked about with forum identities).

And second, you Nacia. You're curious about people and inquisitive, which I find a very attractive quality in a person.
The Following User Says Thank You to Konan For This Useful Post:
Nacia (07-31-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 06:18 PM
E. Zamora (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 158

I probably wouldn't want to meet you, cuz you seem like kind of a douchebag.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Konan (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 89

I probably wouldn't want to meet you, cuz you seem like kind of a douchebag.
Do you actually think I care?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:38 PM
anna (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 138

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Except in America we DO have 12 packs, and even 30 packs of canned beer.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f3feac8353.jpg

Old 07-30-2018, 08:48 PM
anna (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 138

Originally Posted by Nacia View Post
anna that is the weirdest image I have seen in a long time.
It is almost Dickensian??
... mm, in my minds eye you are all from various historical and future time periods and galaxies - gets interesting but I think the ballroom Victorian ...
Old 07-30-2018, 09:23 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 519

I'd have liked to have met rockman. He and I had roamed some of the same territory and probably had some tales to tell.

brianpatrick and I will probably meet at some point.

And IZA. He was supposedly coming out this way once, but I never saw him.

Nacia, you would be a joy to meet. Maybe someday it will happen.

I wouldn't mind having a drink with KBR.

Mohican and I will probably meet one day.

Grace would be interesting, as would anna.

flea would be good to meet, if only to toast him.

I'd have a drink with Myers.

I still owe Mike C a broken ax handle, signed, "A buffoon." Maybe I'll deliver it in person, when I come to see you, Nacia.

Hell, I'm up for meeting anyone, even Shelley, but after what I told him (er...JustcallmeEd told him) I'd do to him if he came out to the redwoods, I'd probably have to meet him in New York...assuming he is in New York, and not stirring shit from some farmhouse in Kansas.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 07-30-2018 at 09:26 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
Mohican (08-03-2018), Nacia (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 03:44 AM
E. Zamora (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 158

Originally Posted by Konan View Post
Do you actually think I care?
Aw, I'm kidding. You're all right. Maybe we could go for soy lattes together and then see an Ed Sheeran concert.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:12 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Aw, I'm kidding. You're all right. Maybe we could go for soy lattes together and then see an Ed Sheeran concert.

Thereís a two for one deal on mani-pediís at the Pho Day Spa this week...
Old 07-31-2018, 01:31 PM
E. Zamora (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 158

Just had a mani-pedi. Can you get a full-body waxing instead?
Old 07-31-2018, 02:34 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Just had a mani-pedi. Can you get a full-body waxing instead?

Depends on your money situation. Only 50% off for the second Brazilian.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:29 PM
jimr (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 48

JoeMatt was an excellent writer and a superb critiquer. And yes, he could get acidy, but I really benefited from his help.

[NOTE FOR MODS] Get JoeMatt back!
Old 07-31-2018, 06:57 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 519

Originally Posted by jimr View Post
JoeMatt was an excellent writer and a superb critiquer. And yes, he could get acidy, but I really benefited from his help.

[NOTE FOR MODS] Get JoeMatt back!
Ahem...I see him lurking around occasionally, in disguise (as are others I won't name here).

He's one of the ones who came back to pick through the wreckage after the IT crashed oh so long ago. Circling back around undercover to see if there was anything of the old beast that was salvageable.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:13 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Ahem...I see him lurking around occasionally, in disguise (as are others I won't name here).

He's one of the ones who came back to pick through the wreckage after the IT crashed oh so long ago. Circling back around undercover to see if there was anything of the old beast that was salvageable.

Naw, JoeMatt has taken up residence at Writingforums.com. His screen name is me-likey. We talk all the time. He has no interest in this place anymore. I tell him itís getting better here, but he just says: meh...
Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...well I imagine I'm still banned from writerforums.com there..." confided the goblin wondering if it was still as unhelpful as back then, adding "...no I mean them well today, but I have here precisely that which that forum denied me from having from the beginning, just a thread where I could edit my posts, yes I tried it there first, both times my threads were deleted without warning, where soon the thread in question on this forum will reach half a million views, that's all, no I'm not gloating just grateful really...", grateful because the goblin knew that this forum wouldn't delete threads, posters were safe from that here, smiling "...I'm a livewriter, I don't have to justify myself to you anymore, no I suspect I've passed that point by now...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-02-2018 at 12:56 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Nacia (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 933

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...well I imagine I'm still banned from writerforums.com there..." confided the goblin wondering if it was still as unhelpful as back then, adding "...no I mean them well today, but I have here precisely that which that forum denied me from having from the beginning, just a thread where I could edit my posts, yes I tried it there first, both times my threads were deleted without warning, where soon the thread in question on this forum will reach half a million views, that's all, no I'm not gloating just grateful really...", grateful because the goblin knew that this forum wouldn't delete threads, posters were safe from that here, smiling "...I'm a livewriter, I don't have to justify myself to you anymore, no I suspect I've passed that point by now...")
Hi there fleamailman may I ask why you are banned from that site?
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 08-02-2018, 09:14 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...well for one I wanted to write in posts as a livewriter, no I felt that posts were the future of writing per se not books, and then two, and as I pointed out previously too I started my edit threads there and both times the admin came along and just deleted them without warning, three, I'd bump my thread with a new work and that narked them because bumping a thread is frowned upon, four to maintain my persona I write in third person under the guise of a goblin, where I imagine they wanted someone who would write normally like those "meat and two veg books elsewhere writertypes", those whose posts fall ever short of their ability by looks of things, just saying..." related the goblin grateful for that ban today, then adding "...and besides, I dare anyone to find even one malicious post by me, naah that's not my style as seen here, however that was back then, all those many years ago now, so I stuck to my guns at the time and that cost me my membership, they even went as far as to ask me not to mention livewriting, actually one's writing in posts is livewriting as it's a live context, in short nacia, I didn't understand them and they didn't understand me, well founded grounds for divorce I suppose...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-05-2018 at 11:37 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
anna (08-02-2018), Nacia (08-03-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 11:20 PM
anna (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 138

anna cupped a tea and he noticed a rawness of energy, a nakedness that resonated ... she giggled ‘um, well babe Henry VIIl had six wives and I’m not sure they had much of a say in the matter of marriage let alone divorce ... and then again there’s that women in my country desperately seeking out a divorce through the court of appeal for feeling ‘unloved, isolated and alone’ and her retired mushroom farmer husband thinking they had a ‘few years’ left to enjoy ... so those divorces are about control - power and aren’t all forums simply an exercise in the corruptive nature of holding power, little kingdoms and yours is a roaming soul. Aren’t you just choosing the right to be powerless then’ .. she didn’t know and could never be sure ... ‘he is ok btw, home from hospital’ and maybe another thread for the belonging but anna in the heat of the moment had visited a tiny church for it’s cool tranquility and solace and in her head she had wept - her child repeatedly lucky against all odds and a beautiful partnership with a girl was coming together for the son too, ‘see babe - anna went into that place because she felt to be a mess to her own understanding and it felt fine’

https://vimeo.com/90738933

Last edited by anna; 08-03-2018 at 09:03 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 230

NVM, I had an amusing line that I tried to insert halfway through the conversation. I now have literal egg on my face, due to an exploding egg I was cooking. Oh the irony!

Last edited by Chinspinner; 08-03-2018 at 01:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinspinner For This Useful Post:
Nacia (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 933

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
NVM, I had an amusing line that I tried to insert halfway through the conversation. I now have literal egg on my face, due to an exploding egg I was cooking. Oh the irony!
no ways!!!!!! hope you are right
what does NVM stand for?
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 08-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 230

Originally Posted by Nacia View Post
no ways!!!!!! hope you are right
what does NVM stand for?
Nevermind, like that album by that band with the Foo Fighters fellah.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinspinner For This Useful Post:
Nacia (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
Nevermind, like that album by that band with the Foo Fighters fellah.

Whenever I hear people talk about how there were no musicians or talent in Nirvana I wander if they ever heard about that Grohl fellow, who I believed produced his first Foo Fighters album in studio almost as a one man show....

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

To Prodigal: I might have a trip lined up in the next year to be out Oregon way - I have a group of friends from past eastern gatherings that meet up in the Cascades, from there it's only a day or two drive to NoCal? If I could make it through the border crossing, that is.
Edited to add: I'd bring a quart of shine and then we could stop by Ed's grave for a toast.

I'd have to help you tear down or rehab a building....or fix a tractor or something.....

If visiting Blighty I'd like to look up Grace, Nacia, and some no longer posters like Non Servium, Red Lorry, Mike C.

How MaiDahl /Chatbot escaped anyone's list escapes me. We even read a lot of the same books, so I could give her a bunch of books.

When visiting Lucia, I'd have to be careful to not trip over a bunch of chimps, because they're really space aliens.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.

Last edited by Mohican; 08-03-2018 at 09:54 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohican For This Useful Post:
Nacia (08-04-2018), Prodigalson (08-06-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 733

Originally Posted by jimr View Post
Interesting thread; there's a writer's plot here somewhere, a dozen in fact. I'd like to communicate with Devon, if Devon's even still here (a mod at one point). I don't necessarily want to personally meet the guy, but his acumen is sterling (a real writer this guy) and he would be a great sounding board for editorial advice. Brianpatrick is of a similar vein and I appreciate his ready wit and ingratiating nature, as well as his knowledge of our craft.

Devon is a she...

Old 08-04-2018, 10:36 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

"...me I meet the posters in their posts here..." related the goblin honestly enough, then adding "...sounds impossible doesn't it, and I'd agree that if it were just one post then sure enough I doubt I could tell anything by that one post there, however, if I get to read hundreds of posts by the same poster, then that mindset becomes clearer by the number of repeating factors, yet not everything becomes clear, only clearer perhaps, in fact sometimes I even meet myself in my own posts too, and much like a journey to self it is then, a self that didn't know was there till the light of the slot forced it into view before it escaped again..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-05-2018 at 12:20 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (08-05-2018)
Old 08-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 230

I would meet Mr Potato head and eat his potato head... who is that person, alas I cannot BrianPatrick.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 230

the smily face is not mine, please remove it.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:18 PM
spshane (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 73

Pretty sure I'd scare the shit out of most of you. Retired, so I'm at that place in life where I've lost the ability to dress things up. I don't really try to be a dick, but I arrive at the affect effortlessly. It's mostly that I've quit giving a shit.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:39 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Originally Posted by spshane View Post
Pretty sure I'd scare the shit out of most of you. Retired, so I'm at that place in life where I've lost the ability to dress things up. I don't really try to be a dick, but I arrive at the affect effortlessly. It's mostly that I've quit giving a shit.

Not me. Iím beyond scaring. In fact, Iím not scared of anything. My wife says thatís a fault, but sheís glad I have it sometimes.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe