WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

$10 per Amazon product review

Old 01-01-2011, 01:00 PM
MingAd (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default $10 per Amazon product review

I'm developing review sites for amazon products. The review sites will generate revenue since they are amazon affiliate sites. In exchange for reviews of 500 words minimum of a product I indicate you will receive $10 for each review. Payment will be processed through Paypal. Willing to pay half up front for each article at a time.

what are your questions? any takers?

Old 01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
St. dacker (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

I would like to ask, will it be stuff we have purchased or would we have to research the item? Please let me know. Thank you.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Dragon King (Offline)
The Watchdragon
Official Member

Thanks 216

So how in the name of hell are you going to be making enough money to be paying $10 a pop for an article? I'd need a lot more information before I even thought about this.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
MingAd (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

You'll just be writing up a review summarizing the reviews on amazon.com for the product. It will not be stuff you have purchased. I'll just give you a product and you can review it however you wish, either gushing praises or bashing it.

I don't really have any hard data for how long it'll take to break-even the return on investment but I'm expecting a website to take around 6 to 12 months to return the amount I've invested on writing services and search engine optimization. The gist of my plan is to target products that cost at least $100 to receive the 4-8% affiliate cut, develop a review website for around 7 products, and do search engine optimization to rank it high on Google for specific keywords.

Are you worried that I'm blowing money into the wind Dragon King? That I'll be sad and woeful to see zero traffic? :P You payment of $10 is guaranteed. It is not based on whether the website actually profits or becomes a lemon. I shall transfer payment upon completion of the product reviews. If you wish I can pay $5 upfront.

My reason for seeking a proficient writer is because I'm a rather poor writer myself.

I apologize for taking so long to reply. I've just gotten a notification of a PM to my email today. If you have any questions, please ask.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Dragon King (Offline)
The Watchdragon
Official Member

Thanks 216

I'm interested in how you're planning to get the money to your writers.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 AM
St. dacker (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

I would be more then happy to help you if I can. I must admit, I am not like a published writer or anything but I had a blog and had PLENTY of feedback if you want to check my style you can ask and I will give you a link to one of my blogs so you can see if you like my writing style.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:51 AM
DavidGil (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 190

Dunno if I'd be interested in this honestly. I mean, I write for the web and I get paid $10 - $15 per article (not all topics offer upfront and no, not on the website in my sig) and then there's the promise of ongoing revenue share after that as well based on how many times my content is read.

I don't really see the value in writing a 500 word article and just getting paid once for it, when there are better options elsewhere. However, the fact that you'll give the product to reviewers does make things better.

Bit of a risk on your end though etc. if you don't mind me saying.

Edit: I assume you're in the US as well? With mentioning amazon.com. Good luck at any rate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DavidGil; 01-21-2011 at 09:57 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 04:25 PM
MingAd (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Fair point, I realize my offer might not be appealing to writers who are consistently making more than a measly $10 per 500 word article. But some writer can use this as a starting point though.

And another thing, what I meant to say was that I'll tell you which product to review, not actually send you the physical product. (That would leave me broke) I guess the offer may be even less attractive now to many.

The idea of ongoing revenue is rather interesting, kind of like how ehow.com operates. If anyone is interested in a different payment arrangement then I'm open to suggestions. Example; $5 initially and then $10 six months later. Might make keeping track of payments a bit more complicated though.

Indeed, I do live in the USA.

Hey St. Dacker. If you're still interested despite my declaration that no one will actually be receiving the product then you may PM me your email address.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 AM
DavidGil (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 190

Yeah, I thought that would be the case, Ming. Hence why I referenced 'taking a chance'.

In any case, if people don't have to purchase the product or have it sent to them in the post in order to review said product, it's not exactly a proper review and it'll perhaps come across in the 'review' itself once written. Might prevent people from visiting your site. Guessing you thought of this, but in case you haven't, I've mentioned it anyway.

and

Old 01-22-2011, 05:16 PM
SyntaxError (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 106

Just trying to get this straight. So the idea is to summarize the reviews for products that customers have posted on Amazon? Whether or not we own, or have ever used the product ourselves?

I have to agree with David's point above, that it is very likely to come across in a review if we have never used the product personally. Also, I have noticed that many of the reviews on Amazon are of the 'it sucks' type. They also vary wildly, where one reviewer will say 'this is a piece of crap' another will say 'best thing I ever bought, ever!'. It would be very hard for a writer to condense these into a meaningful and useful review without full knowledge of a product.

Perhaps it would be better to simply tot up the negative and positive reviews (i.e. Rotten Tomatoes) and give a score based on that. I couldn't, in good conscience, review a product that I had never used simply by copying what other people had written about it. Alternatively, if you have specific products in mind, why not put a shout out to us to review them if we have them? For instance, 'reviews wanted for Xbox/PS3/Wii games or cameras/mp3 players/ipods etc. Just an idea.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:47 PM
MingAd (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Yes, the idea is to summarize the reviews for the products that customers have posted on Amazon. It's not a proper review in the sense, that's why I emphasize that the summary review should be honest in reflecting the opinions of the customer reviews on Amazon. (I cheat this by just picking products with at least 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.)

Syntax, there are many reviews on Amazon that are quite well thought out and detailed, offering many helpful points. Take this one for example; http://www.amazon.com/Werner-AA8-Tel...5760579&sr=8-1

I wish I could contact the reviewer S.Richards for permission to post up his review on a website in exchange for monetary compensation.

There's actually wordpress plugins that automatically pull the ratings and product descriptions from Amazon and then display them on a wordpress website. I'm not interested in this kind of automatically generated website content though.

It's unlikely anyone here actually owns the Werner AA8 Televator Telescoping Attic Ladder so doing shoutouts doesn't seem feasible.

I have given some more thought to DavidGil's post that maybe I should increase the payment to beyond the $10. If that were to occur then I would have to abandon putting up 7 product reviews on a website and just focus on pretty much only one product. I'm willing to give it a trial run though to see how a website dedicated to a single product and only targeting low competition keywords would perform.

Originally Posted by SyntaxError View Post
I couldn't, in good conscience, review a product that I had never used simply by copying what other people had written about it.
Just for you, want to write me a product review consisting of 750 words minimum for $25 on this product?
http://www.amazon.com/Werner-AA8-Tel...5760579&sr=8-1

You can even outright state that you've never even seen the product and you are only writing up the summary review based off of consumer reviews from Amazon.

Should you accept this then upon receiving your summary review, I'll paste it on a new website and post up the URL to it here on this thread. Then I'll monitor the site for a few months to see if it makes any sales.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:35 PM
blue04 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Offering services

Originally Posted by MingAd View Post
Yes, the idea is to summarize the reviews for the products that customers have posted on Amazon. It's not a proper review in the sense, that's why I emphasize that the summary review should be honest in reflecting the opinions of the customer reviews on Amazon. (I cheat this by just picking products with at least 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.)

Syntax, there are many reviews on Amazon that are quite well thought out and detailed, offering many helpful points. Take this one for example; http://www.amazon.com/Werner-AA8-Tel...5760579&sr=8-1

I wish I could contact the reviewer S.Richards for permission to post up his review on a website in exchange for monetary compensation.

There's actually wordpress plugins that automatically pull the ratings and product descriptions from Amazon and then display them on a wordpress website. I'm not interested in this kind of automatically generated website content though.

It's unlikely anyone here actually owns the Werner AA8 Televator Telescoping Attic Ladder so doing shoutouts doesn't seem feasible.

I have given some more thought to DavidGil's post that maybe I should increase the payment to beyond the $10. If that were to occur then I would have to abandon putting up 7 product reviews on a website and just focus on pretty much only one product. I'm willing to give it a trial run though to see how a website dedicated to a single product and only targeting low competition keywords would perform.

Just for you, want to write me a product review consisting of 750 words minimum for $25 on this product?
http://www.amazon.com/Werner-AA8-Tel...5760579&sr=8-1

You can even outright state that you've never even seen the product and you are only writing up the summary review based off of consumer reviews from Amazon.

Should you accept this then upon receiving your summary review, I'll paste it on a new website and post up the URL to it here on this thread. Then I'll monitor the site for a few months to see if it makes any sales.

Hi

I am willing to offer my services for your project for $10 per 500 words and $25 per 750 words, however I would also like to go for some upfront payment, cause I have already been scammed by a few people. Other thing is you can post the project on odesk and hire freelancers like me from there. They offer an escrow service before the work for a particular project is accomplished. Do let me know your feedback.

ps: Can you pay through liberty reserve, alertpay or moneybookers? If so it would be best, however I can also arrange for paypal somehow.

Thank you

Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 PM
MingAd (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Everyone, I've been in contact with a few writers now. This thread and offer is now closed.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
JennyBee (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Amazon

I just stumbled upon your Amazon listing, and I was going to try to do the same thing a couple months ago. I have an example of some copy, if you still need a writer/reviewer. Please send me a message.

Thanks,
Jenny
Old 02-09-2011, 02:50 AM
fulltimewriter (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
Official Member

Thanks 0
Send a message via AIM to fulltimewriter Send a message via Yahoo to fulltimewriter

Originally Posted by MingAd View Post
I'm developing review sites for amazon products. The review sites will generate revenue since they are amazon affiliate sites. In exchange for reviews of 500 words minimum of a product I indicate you will receive $10 for each review. Payment will be processed through Paypal. Willing to pay half up front for each article at a time.

what are your questions? any takers?
I am willing to offer my writing service on a long term basis. I have written plenty of reviews on Amazon products as well as for other online gift stores. This is my work email >bmukherjii@gmail.com

We can discuss in details on gtalk. let me know if the position is still vacant. I will provide you my sample articles

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Flashback (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Hi
I have written many product related articles for Amazon.com as well as for many other sites and am offering my writing services. My email is beverleyanne.nowikow@gmail.com.

details can be discussed on gtalk.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:29 AM
MingAd (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Wooow. This is such an old thread. Got notified of a PM today so I decided to pop my head over here. = )

The subject I'm focusing on right now is hypnosis. It's more of a hobby site since I was getting frustrated that my for-money sites weren't really ranking as well as I would like.

I'm gonna make a separate thread today looking for writers.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Flashback (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

I would love to write these articles for you long term please contact me on beverleyanne.nowikow@gmail.com

We can discuss this project on gtalk please send me a message thanks
Old 09-14-2017, 10:16 AM
A1writer (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Taker

Hi Mingad, it's been years but I hope that I could secure a job as an Amazon review writer with you. I want to work for you. I'm available any time you want my service. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. God bless you.

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets