WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.

Darwin got it wrong.

Old 08-22-2018, 05:32 PM
E. Zamora (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 158

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
Sorry Z, I genuinely have not committed my time to this.
It would probably take about 3 seconds to process, but I can see that you're pretty busy.

Last edited by E. Zamora; 08-22-2018 at 05:36 PM..
Old 08-22-2018, 05:37 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 230

ffs Patrick you passive arse...

OK it is not about strong or weak, evolution requires that most suited to their environment survive. That is one of many important differences. I could go on but ...
Old 08-22-2018, 06:13 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

ffs Patrick you passive arse...

OK it is not about strong or weak, evolution requires that most suited to their environment survive. That is one of many important differences. I could go on but ...

You could go on but you canít be bothered?

Heh... you passive English cock-hole.

I challenge you to a duel then!

What shall it be... pistols at dawn? Marshmallows over warm coals? Feet vs shoes? Oh, oh, I know... fancy a good game of cowboy vs Indian? Iíll let you be the cowboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 230

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
You could go on but you canít be bothered?

Heh... you passive English cock-hole.

I challenge you to a duel then!

What shall it be... pistols at dawn? Marshmallows over warm coals? Feet vs shoes? Oh, oh, I know... fancy a good game of cowboy vs Indian? Iíll let you be the cowboy.

I think Brianb wants to snuggle
Old 08-22-2018, 06:36 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

Okay, we can spoon, but I get the outside position. Iím not normally gay... but when I am, Iím a top!

Old 08-22-2018, 08:15 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

I think Brianb wants to snuggle

My, my, you English pass out so early. I suppose there are time zones and such. I generally try to ignore those or use them to my advantage.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 230

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Do entropy and evolution coexist?

In the evolutionary scheme of things, the strong survive. In a universe where temperatures range over millions of degrees, where pressures range from a vacuum to the compression of light itself, in a black hole; where energy radiates through space, passing through people and planets with enough power to alter DNA; it would seem that the highest evolutionary forms would be those that survive under the widest range of conditions.

That's not us. We require a precarious mix of the perfect temperature (within an infinitesimally narrow band of about 180 degrees, out of billions), just enough pressure to keep our eyeballs from popping out of our heads, but not enough to crush our organs, and we must be fed a steady stream of the proper balance of rocks and dirt, via plants and animals, while being shielded from the cosmic rays which give us life and try to kill us. We are fragile beings, indeed, and unlikely candidates for widespread distribution throughout the Universe.

Bacteria, now - there's some tough sons-a-bitches. A few cells hanging out in water so hot it would explode, were it not under the pressure of five miles of seawater above it. Absolute darkness; toxic, corrosive chemicals; no food - yet these little bastards thrive.

They're also found under the ice, buried for millions of years below glaciers miles thick, no oxygen, no light - yet they live.

They think they've spotted sign of them in meteorites.

So who's highest up the evolutionary ladder? Ourselves, whose very existence, under Darwinism, flies in the face of the law of entropy; or those simple creatures who have evolved to take what the Universe gives them, and walk away stronger?
An interesting question, but I think your title is misleading.

Hierarchies do not exist in evolution; you are seeing this from an arrogant human perspective. Evolution is about adapting to suit your environment, so if you were to attempt a hierarchy, potentially crocodiles, insects and microbes would be far above us. But of course those criteria would be meaningless.

I wonder if it is truly Evolution you are questioning? Evolution is a simple natural process, it cannot be judged, just as the erosion of a mountain cannot be judged; unless you try to personify something that cannot be personified and apply thoughts and feelings and morality to it. That is a fruitless endeavour.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table