WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hey peoples

Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
AspiringDream (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Hey peoples

So, the almighty introduction thread, which frightens me to no end...joking...sort of. The main thing is, I am pretty bad at introducing myself, but I guess I'll jump in anyway. I'm Emily, and I'm addicted to writing, why else would I be on the board? I guess I mainly write in the fiction area, sometimes fantasy, but mostly fiction. Science fiction, historical fiction, and a lot of other fictions that I cannot think of at the moment, I love to write. I am an off-and-on poet as well. I am also a heavy reader, and I have the most random ideas for stories, at the worst possible times in public. See ya around the forums!

Old 06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Daedalus (Offline)
The Few, The Proud.
Official Member

Thanks 61

Welcome to WritersBeat, AspiringDream.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Chloe (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 4
Send a message via MSN to Chloe

Welcome to Writer's Beat, Emily. =)

I'm sure you find the forums welcoming - I certainly did, as a new member - and we have active poetry and fiction boards, so you're sure to find a place to read other people's work and post some of your own. Just remember the golden rule: critique to be critiqued.

Hope to see you around the forums!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Welcome to Writer's Beat, Emily. There's some useful info in the FAQ and you can PM a member of staff if you have any questions.

A girl who is willing to write fiction across the spectrum is a girl after my own heart. I look forward to reading you on the forums!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:50 AM
SW (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 160

Well, welcome!

You'll find soon enough that you don't have to aspire to post... or, for that matter, become addicted. I, for one, am a WB addict... join the club! (corny joke in there somewhere... don't bother laughing)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,696

Hi, Emily. Welcome to Writer's Beat. Critique and be critiqued. Browse and enjoy.

I'm sure you'll feel right at home here. There are many people here with varied experience who'll help out any way they can. Random stories at the worst possible times? Lol. Just remember to bring a notebook (or even just a piece of paper) and pencil with you wherever you go to jot down those ideas before they get away.

And, if you're interested, our Prompts and Challenges forum in the Writing Craft section is open for some spur-of-the-moment writing. Prompts/challenges changed biweekly. Why not join us there for some fun?

See you around the forums!

Twisty mind candy:

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions