WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Stuck on a place in a story

Old 06-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Tekqueen (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Icon6 Stuck on a place in a story

I have been working on a gnome story for a while now and I am stuck on some places in the story and would like some ideas please. In this post below is a summary of the story I'm stuck on. if you need more information or detail or clarification please let me know. Or if I need to put this into a certain format for easier reading let me know what to use on it.

I have a gnome story so far it's untitled,

Characters: Lord Savron noble gnome protagonist, Lord Verson friend to Lord Savron, Zavaro witch antagonist, Lady Terragon former servant now a noble woman of Stars Ridge.

** Plot summary- Lord Savron has fallen in love with Lady Terragon after he had rescued her from a cruel man who had kept her for years as his servant. Later after disappointing her so badly after he doesn't allow her to see him. He goes to the witch Zavaro she gives him a potion that will turn him into a man for a week, though during this time he will have no voice. If after the week passes and he has not won her love he will never again be able to go back to his life as a gnome.

Here is where I am a little stuck on this one, in the story he only has a week to be with Lady Terragon I am not sure what should happen to him at the end of the week I know it will keep him from going back to his life as a gnome. Also during the week I was thinking something should happen to him each night that passes and he has not won her love.

What do you think should happen here in these places in the story? Please let me know your thoughts and ideas. I welcome any suggestions and ideas if you see anything that needs to be corrected lets work on it and I'll make any corrections or editing that need to be made. I want to learn how to make this a great story, as I think this will be a good one.

Thank you,
Tekqueen

Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Tekqueen View Post
I have been working on a gnome story for a while now and I am stuck on some places in the story and would like some ideas please. In this post below is a summary of the story I'm stuck on. if you need more information or detail or clarification please let me know. Or if I need to put this into a certain format for easier reading let me know what to use on it.

I have a gnome story so far it's untitled,

Characters: Lord Savron noble gnome protagonist, Lord Verson friend to Lord Savron, Zavaro witch antagonist, Lady Terragon former servant now a noble woman of Stars Ridge.

** Plot summary- Lord Savron has fallen in love with Lady Terragon after he had rescued her from a cruel man who had kept her for years as his servant. Later after disappointing her so badly after he doesn't allow her to see him. He goes to the witch Zavaro she gives him a potion that will turn him into a man for a week, though during this time he will have no voice. If after the week passes and he has not won her love he will never again be able to go back to his life as a gnome.

Here is where I am a little stuck on this one, in the story he only has a week to be with Lady Terragon I am not sure what should happen to him at the end of the week I know it will keep him from going back to his life as a gnome. Also during the week I was thinking something should happen to him each night that passes and he has not won her love.

What do you think should happen here in these places in the story? Please let me know your thoughts and ideas. I welcome any suggestions and ideas if you see anything that needs to be corrected lets work on it and I'll make any corrections or editing that need to be made. I want to learn how to make this a great story, as I think this will be a good one.

Thank you,
Tekqueen
How about whenever he arrives as a voiceless man, he finds himself sitting near the edge of a lake. Though he is aware of his mission and aware he cannot speak, he sits dejectedly pondering his situation. Sitting helplessly at the water's edge, he then notices a flying fish diving in and out of the water. So he takes out a few scraps of bread from his bag and tosses them into the lake for the fish to eat. After the fish eats the bread, he tells the voiceless man "thank you." The man is surprised to hear that the fish speaks and even more surprised to learn that the fish can read his thoughts. The man then convinces the fish to be his "voice" and assist him in winning the princesses love. The man decides to bring the princess to the lake and have the fish speak to her on his behalf. But when he goes to fetch the princess, fishermen capture the talking fish, who can also read minds, and now the man must somehow rescue the fish from the fishermen in order to put his own plan into action.

Last edited by Cityboy; 06-02-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 07:14 PM
nilnib (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 4
Default a kiss

What happens to him?

He gets smaller, or more Gnomish?
Instead of loosing his voice his vocabulary becomes more limited, untill he can say nothing but a look of pride or comapssion may turn her heart, till a kiss says more than words?

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing